Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 21
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yup. It makes one wonder if God was created in Man's image, instead of vice versa. I can't imagine that a true supreme being -- a Creator of all that is -- would be as capricious, petty, vindictive, sadistic, and murderous as the Christian deity.
View Quote

Indeed.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Indeed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. It makes one wonder if God was created in Man's image, instead of vice versa. I can't imagine that a true supreme being -- a Creator of all that is -- would be as capricious, petty, vindictive, sadistic, and murderous as the Christian deity.

Indeed.

Ah, but what if God was one of us?

Just a stranger on a bus?
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Lets try it this way now. Why don't y'all prove there isn't a God.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SITDWNANDHNGN - Birds create nest for survival, bees store honey for food, all animals have a way and build for survival but none of that is creativity. It's just the tools God gave them to survive as he gave you and I tools to survive. Now, when your beaver finishes his dam ask that sucker to build you a rocket ship and take you for a spin. The ant's can build a stove, electric one, and cook you dinner on your journey. Oh yeah have that elephant build a system of voice travel that thrives on electromagnetic energy.
No wonder atheist don't believe; they don't give God enough credit for separating them from animals.

So we are at the top of the chain, we can create stuff.  That elephant can sure paint a cool picture of other elephants.  

BTW, man also created deities.

NONE of what I see, feel or do has anything to do with proving there is a god.  Not a single thing, in fact I see it as just the opposite.

Prove there isn't a Santa Clause......

We are all quite positive that there isn't one, but you can't prove a negative.

So until the time that evidence surfaces to support the existence of a Santa Clause, we can safely say, based on observable evidence, that he doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SITDWNANDHNGN - Birds create nest for survival, bees store honey for food, all animals have a way and build for survival but none of that is creativity. It's just the tools God gave them to survive as he gave you and I tools to survive. Now, when your beaver finishes his dam ask that sucker to build you a rocket ship and take you for a spin. The ant's can build a stove, electric one, and cook you dinner on your journey. Oh yeah have that elephant build a system of voice travel that thrives on electromagnetic energy.
No wonder atheist don't believe; they don't give God enough credit for separating them from animals.

So we are at the top of the chain, we can create stuff.  That elephant can sure paint a cool picture of other elephants.  

NONE of what I see, feel or do has anything to do with proving there is a god.  Not a single thing, in fact I see it as just the opposite.

I can't but the evidence does not support that there is a deity that gives a shit about anything.  

Religions are the ones that make extraordanary claims, religion must support those claims.  Religion has nothing to support those claims.  

Remember the:

"There is a Dragon in my garage."

It still stands.  There is no evidence to support a deity, so there is no deity.  None.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#5]
The law of the land is "Innocent until proven Guilty".  You've got to proof someone did something not something didn't happen.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You do know that we are simply great apes that evolved the mental capacity to manipulate our environment right? I mean that is a proven fact.

You are changing the boundry lines on your argument, but we can do this again.

Many apes have been taught sign language, and used it effectively to communicate their personal thoughts, those same apes have painted or colored and named their creations.

Bowerbirds construct their nests in such a way that they sort objects they find by color and size, and attempt to make an elaborate display (more elaborate than competing males) in order to attract a mate, this mechanism has evolved in a way that allows both males and females to recognize and appreciate colors and patterns, and pick the ones that they prefer.

We don't need to stick to art though, many animals have been observed using tools, in the same capacity that man might. Taking something from the environment and using it for a specific task.

Chimps being high on the list, they make basic hammers, sharpened sticks and various methods of catching ants and termites to eat. Crows have been observed using sticks to poke at things they can't reach, and one was even observed bending a wire into a hook to reach and hook a piece of food out of a skinny beaker. Elephants fashion fly swatters to the correct length and width from branches they select. Gorillas fashion walking sticks out of branches, this offers very little evolutionary advantage, it is just more comfortable for hiking.

None of these animals have even close to to the brain power of a human, even one of very low intelligence, yet they still have enough problem solving mechanisms to do the exact same thing we have been doing for hundreds of thousands of years, take items from the environment, and manipulate them to offer some sort of advantage, the only difference is that we have evolved to rely on this method, while other animals did not, causing us to refine it each generation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do know that we are simply great apes that evolved the mental capacity to manipulate our environment right? I mean that is a proven fact.

Many apes have been taught sign language, and used it effectively to communicate their personal thoughts, those same apes have painted or colored and named their creations.

Bowerbirds construct their nests in such a way that they sort objects they find by color and size, and attempt to make an elaborate display (more elaborate than competing males) in order to attract a mate, this mechanism has evolved in a way that allows both males and females to recognize and appreciate colors and patterns, and pick the ones that they prefer.

We don't need to stick to art though, many animals have been observed using tools, in the same capacity that man might. Taking something from the environment and using it for a specific task.

Chimps being high on the list, they make basic hammers, sharpened sticks and various methods of catching ants and termites to eat. Crows have been observed using sticks to poke at things they can't reach, and one was even observed bending a wire into a hook to reach and hook a piece of food out of a skinny beaker. Elephants fashion fly swatters to the correct length and width from branches they select. Gorillas fashion walking sticks out of branches, this offers very little evolutionary advantage, it is just more comfortable for hiking.

None of these animals have even close to to the brain power of a human, even one of very low intelligence, yet they still have enough problem solving mechanisms to do the exact same thing we have been doing for hundreds of thousands of years, take items from the environment, and manipulate them to offer some sort of advantage, the only difference is that we have evolved to rely on this method, while other animals did not, causing us to refine it each generation.

So why did we evolve and they didn't. Why don't they have the brain power. By the way There is no absolute proof we evolved from monkeys. I think God kept us separate myself..
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:20:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You still haven't gone outside and looked at how wonderful the world is because of God. ???
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually many scientist are starting to prove through science that there is a God and they admit it.

We are aware that scientific folk belive in god.  That's not in question.  Please cite the experiments that that express/demonstrate  gods intervention.  Please.  

You still haven't gone outside and looked at how wonderful the world is because of God. ???
I can very much appreciate the beauty the world has to offer. I can be a morally sound individual who loves and cherishes his children and wife. I can wonder about this vast amazing wonderful universe all without believing in fairy tales, magic, or ghosts. Both holy and not.  

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Come on my friend your a big boy you can Google all by yourself.
View Quote

No, just another claim that can't be backed up.

Kind of a one trick pony, aren't you?

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:23:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And there you have it, folks.

Don't worry, Eight_Ring...we know he doesn't speak for all of you.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So why did we evolve and they didn't. Why don't they have the brain power. By the way There is no absolute proof we evolved from monkeys. I think God kept us separate myself..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They did evolve, but in a different way. Evolution has no end goal other than propagation of the species. As our ancestors became smarter, the ones with the larger and more functional brains began surviving more frequently, creating more offspring with larger and more functional brains. This led to the use of tools, fur for clothing, manipulation of the landscape for food. Our species was eventually able to thrive in all parts of the world because of this.

Now look at something like a camel, they thrive in the desert, they have every desirable trait for desert living, and they pass those traits onto their offspring each generation. They had no need to learn to use tools, or create irrigation, or hunt for furs to keep warm, so their energy is spent on the processes required to thrive in arid conditions.

This exact same scenario has played out with every existing species on the planet.

Also, we didn't evolve from monkeys, we are actually apes, and we evolved alongside existing apes, not from them.

Here is a very basic primer on how evolution works, keep in mind all of this is observable, and repeatable science.

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:29:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

If I only had a dollar for every time I've heard that.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

You...you're kidding, right?

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You...your kidding, right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least it's nice to know he honestly doesn't know what he's talking about.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't you love it when they make it that easy?
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He probably isn't
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

He probably isn't
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He probably isn't

Well...it's not like we can really be surprised.

But, he's not wrong here. Not on purpose, mind you, but maybe he could get partial credit for being accidentally almost right?
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no absolute proof that there is a god, either, but that doesn't seem to slow you down, does it?
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 8:14:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I'm not kidding and I can't believe you fell into the crap they teach you kids these days. Or let me ask you this, did they ever find that missing link they promised you.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you really that sad of a person. My goodness op I bet your mommy is really proud of you.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 8:16:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

He probably isn't
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He probably isn't

hey that's cool you equate yourself with a monkey.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No I'm not kidding and I can't believe you fell into the crap they teach you kids these days. Or let me ask you this, did they ever find that missing link they promised you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They sure did. Where have you been?

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 8:46:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Are you really that sad of a person. My goodness op I bet your mommy is really proud of you.
View Quote

I quite happy

My mom is really proud of me. I'm a hell of a guy. I'm also scientifically literate!

I'm sure you...um...I'm sure you're good at something.

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He probably isn't

I like this guy. Where has he been hiding??

Kind of lessens the blow of mdk89 being gone, you know?
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Dude, do you know what DNA is?   Watson and Crick put the nail into the whole evolution thing as a fact a long time ago.  Watson and Crick
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He probably isn't

If you ever commit a murder you want a jury of people like him.  The proof will go right over their heads.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 8:59:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you REALLY going to shit all over this thread?

IF you are in this thread as a Christian, do you REALLY think that you are serving God with this form of discourse?
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#27]
So when you talk about Santa Clause do you not capitalize his name either?
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:05:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Are you REALLY going to shit all over this thread?

IF you are in this thread as a Christian, do you REALLY think that you are serving God with this form of discourse?
View Quote

Poe's Law is a hell of a thing, isn't it?
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:06:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I see it as simply non belief.  Nothing more.

Heretic, infidel, blasphemer.  These are negative type terms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of course unbelief involves rejection, of unbelievable claims.  It is not neutral at all and never claims to be.

"Unbeliever" is a pejorative term similar to "infidel" -- used to dehumanize, and feel superior to, those who don't adhere to the same religious beliefs.

ATS Bible Dictionary

[Unbelief] Of the testimony of God makes him a liar, and is a sin of the greatest enormity. It is the work of a depraved and guilty heart; for no one without this bias could reject the abundant witness God furnishes of the truth of his word, Psalm 14:1.

Especially is unbelief towards an offered Savior an unspeakable crime, justly sealing the condemnation of him who thus refuses to be saved, John 5:18 1 John 5:10.

http://biblehub.com/topical/u/unbelief.htm

Seems pretty negative to me.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You guys just can't seem to shake the idea that disbelief is somehow linked with prideful rejection. Getting to be ridiculous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If God exists, and created us, then we are as he made us. Since he made some people non-believers who operate on logic instead of belief, and did not show himself to non-believers in ways that would be as convincing to them as when he showed himself to believers, thereby depriving the non-believers of critically important information, how would it be fair to deny them entrance into Heaven? If non-believers are ignorant of God's existence because he did not "educate" them, why should they be punished?

And BTW, aren't the "evil" folks admitted into Heaven if they accept Christ as their savior, regardless of their crimes? ISTR someone citing scripture to that effect.

You made 5 false assertions in a row, StanC:

1)  If God exists, and created us, then we are as he made us.   That statement is consistent with the creation story. God intended for the fall to happen, or he wouldn't have set things up that way.

2) He made some people non-believers who operate on logic instead of belief. We have established before that faith is a gift that God bestows on people of his choosing.

3) did not show himself to non-believers in ways that would be as convincing to them as when he showed himself to believers. Logically consistent, given that there are nonbelievers. See #2

4) depriving the non-believers of critically important information. Same

5) non-believers are ignorant of God's existence because he did not "educate" them, why should they be punished?
[One more time/red]
And BTW, aren't the "evil" folks admitted into Heaven if they accept Christ as their savior, regardless of their crimes? ISTR someone citing scripture to that effect.

You assume unbelief to be a neutral, passive, benign quality.  It is not.  It involves rejection. [red]Rejection of a claim due to lack of evidence? Sure.

Also--you assume that evil people can blithely accept Christ and somehow "game" judgement.  

No.  They can't--no more than a proud person can flip a switch and become humble if it suddenly suits his/her purpose.  It is an accrued flaw of vision, a distorted sense of self, willful in nature and (again) not at all neutral in character--which is not easily remedied.  

The prideful person feels 100% justified in his/her pride--and it is that self-justification which creates the exile--just as (I would argue) with unbelief..  

You guys just can't seem to shake the idea that disbelief is somehow linked with prideful rejection. Getting to be ridiculous.
Well, to be fair--that IS what took down satan (lol).

OK.  I'll give this one try and let it go.

Both you guys seem to be asserting that:

1) God, if He exists, made me a non-believer, and HE ALONE is the architect of my sensibilities.

2) HE (and this is important--HE, not my own choices, sensibilities, or unrepentant sins) created in my mind an aversion to/rejection of

exploration by faith and instead subject God to the test of "proving" that He exists using "rational, repeatable means"--i.e. scientific

instrumentation, and rejecting any less definitive or ambiguous proof.

3) And since God will not meet my demands to "prove" that He exists, therefore He has denied ME the same advantages as those who have

begun an earnest dialogue with Him grounded in faith--and who ARE offered plentiful proof which THEY find acceptable.  I.E. God won't

jump through my hoops, therefore He is biased against me.

4)  His refusal to submit himself to my intellectual conditions has denied me my right to equal access to the experience of God.

5) Non-believers are the innocent victims of God's chosen methodology (a non-rational methodology which instead involves love, hope,

humility, and trust, i.e. "faith").

OK.

I have to say (and with all due respect) that this argument strikes me as being a tad self-serving.

I notice that you perceive yourself to hold NO responsibility for your lack of a relationship (which makes sense to your sensibilities,

seeing as you do not acknowledge that He even exists).

It might be worth considering that YOU play a larger role in your non-belief (read: inability to discern the existence of God) than you might perhaps imagine (or be willing to admit).

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As has been noted many times, it's not possible to prove a negative.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of course unbelief involves rejection, of unbelievable claims.  It is not neutral at all and never claims to be.

"Unbeliever" is a pejorative term similar to "infidel" -- used to dehumanize, and feel superior to, those who don't adhere to the same religious beliefs.

ATS Bible Dictionary

[Unbelief] Of the testimony of God makes him a liar, and is a sin of the greatest enormity. It is the work of a depraved and guilty heart; for no one without this bias could reject the abundant witness God furnishes of the truth of his word, Psalm 14:1.

Especially is unbelief towards an offered Savior an unspeakable crime, justly sealing the condemnation of him who thus refuses to be saved, John 5:18 1 John 5:10.

http://biblehub.com/topical/u/unbelief.htm

I can't help but LOL, you using biblehub to support your position.  You win.  I concede "unbeliever" is caustic and a negative term in the ATS version of the bible.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Dude, do you know what DNA is?   Watson and Crick put the nail into the whole evolution thing as a fact a long time ago.  Watson and Crick

View All Quotes
Quoted:

So with this information can we agree Adam & Eve is a fictional account of history?  Artman54.  

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:13:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no such thing as a missing link, what you are referring to I think is transitional fossils, of which there is a very extensive catalog, and the further and longer we dig for fossils, the more thorough the fossil record will become. Considering the conditions required to allow a body to be fossilized, let alone fossilized with fully intact bone structure, are rarely met, it's absolutely astounding how much has been discovered.

Of course no answer will satisfy you, even having one billion years worth of generational fossils laid out in order would still cause you to ask for a "missing link".

This topic kind of veered off course, but anyone that denies evolution as we understand it now, especially when they deny it for religious reasons, is (to be blunt) uneducated.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He probably isn't

That's three times, you can't even use the correct terminology.

There is a difference between monkeys and apes, the latter of which is the group we (me, you, every human on the planet) are part of.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He probably isn't

Even if the theory of evolution never existed, classification systems did.  That is why there is a whole chapter in Moby Dick (1851) arguing that whales are fish. People have been arguing about classification of life since long before The Origin of Species (1959).

Back then, it was all about comparing anatomy and trying to make nice neat little groups.

From a strictly anatomical standpoint, any dividing lines between humans and other primates are arbitrary.

Said another way: Recognizing that humans are animals has nothing to do with evolution, and everything to do with realizing that we aren't plants, fungi, or single cellular organisms.

That combined with the fact that our cellular biology is the same as other mammals, and the fact that our body plan is the same as other primates, it really nails us down in the classification system, evolution or no evolution.

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:21:22 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:22:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

There is a difference between monkeys and apes, the latter of which is the group we (me, you, every human on the planet) are part of.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He probably isn't

Now there is blood in the water.

I'm going to go watch Star Wars.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:24:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He probably isn't

In some instances yes, in some no. With 300 plus species between the 2, monkeys or apes, and we've known of them for millennium which ones do you know about that have turned into humans? Apes, or monkeys, or neither.
It's been fun, but I'm tired of the foolishness from you youngsters, so I'll part with you good ol boys stick together like tics on a hog. You know, the hog that built that 3 story home they live in, and the helicopters those tics fly around on from hog to hog.
Oh yeah don't forget the ape that built that AR15. tata
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:34:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well, to be fair--that IS what took down satan (lol).

OK.  I'll give this one try and let it go.

Both you guys seem to be asserting that:

1) God, if He exists, made me a non-believer, and HE ALONE is the architect of my sensibilities. Well, I don't believe. He apparently reveals himself to some, but not others. If he did make us, it follows that he made us the way he wanted. In my case, that means skeptical.

2) HE (and this is important--HE, not my own choices, sensibilities, or unrepentant sins) created in my mind an aversion to/rejection of exploration by faith and instead subject God to the test of "proving" that He exists using "rational, repeatable means"--i.e. scientific instrumentation, and rejecting any less definitive or ambiguous proof. That would work if all nonbelievers dismissed the concept of God out of hand, with no prior study. But it falls apart when you add the reality that not all who have sought God have found him (or you could say that God does not reveal himself to all that seek him). If he doesn't give us the gift of faith, we are left with what we know works...The best way we know to learn and understand things...evidence based studies. Science.

3) And since God will not meet my demands to "prove" that He exists, therefore He has denied ME the same advantages as those who have begun an earnest dialogue with Him grounded in faith--and who ARE offered plentiful proof which THEY find acceptable.  I.E. God won't jump through my hoops, therefore He is biased against me. Similar to above, but more blatantly assumes that nonbelievers have never tried to start that dialog with God.

4)  His refusal to submit himself to my intellectual conditions has denied me my right to equal access to the experience of God. Pretty much the same thing. Those without faith must rely on evidence.

5) Non-believers are the innocent victims of God's chosen methodology (a non-rational methodology which instead involves love, hope, humility, and trust, i.e. "faith"). Again...if God doesn't give a person faith in a faith based salvation system, he has no right to judge when they expect evidence.

OK.

I have to say (and with all due respect) that this argument strikes me as being a tad self-serving.

I notice that you perceive yourself to hold NO responsibility for your lack of a relationship (which makes sense to your sensibilities, seeing as you do not acknowledge that He even exists).

It might be worth considering that YOU play a larger role in your non-belief (read: inability to discern the existence of God) than you might perhaps imagine (or be willing to admit).

View Quote

Basically, the problem with most of your points is that you're assuming that all nonbelievers have never tried. That isn't the case.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
In some instances yes, in some no. With 300 plus species between the 2, monkeys or apes, and we've known of them for millennium which ones do you know about that have turned into humans? Apes, or monkeys, or neither.

It's been fun, but I'm tired of the foolishness from you youngsters, so I'll part with you good ol boys stick together like tics on a hog. You know, the hog that built that 3 story home they live in, and the helicopters those tics fly around on from hog to hog.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good to see the education system failing in this country isn't a new phenomenon.

If you grew up in my day, you'd have failed 10th grade biology. In a catholic school no less.

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:38:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Aw...don't leave!
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 10:07:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So why did we evolve and they didn't. Why don't they have the brain power. By the way There is no absolute proof we evolved from monkeys. I think God kept us separate myself.

What missing link?

If we did not evolve from primates, why are our physical characteristics so similar?

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Evolution is a ridiculous theory.

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why?

ETA Hang on. Let's keep this civil and simple. Do you have any objections to evolution that aren't based on your religious views? (That isn't a dig, and I won't make fun of you if that is the case.)
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote
But, magical man in the sky who watches you masterbate is plausible?  Ok.  Btw, it's not a theory the way you interpret the word.  

Sorry, watches you pray.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's really not.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 10:42:14 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Why?

ETA Hang on. Let's keep this civil and simple. Do you have any objections to evolution that aren't based on your religious views? (That isn't a dig, and I won't make fun of you if that is the case.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Yes, I have many objections outside my faith. I'm college educated and am very familiar with what evolution is all about. I've done this before with Fatalerror and I don't feel like it tonight. I'm rather tired after installing hardwood flooring in my house all day today.

Believe whatever you want. However, I think if you keep an open mind and do some serious reading you will see that evolution is utter crap.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 11:01:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yes, I have many objections outside my faith. I'm college educated and am very familiar with what evolution is all about. I've done this before with Fatalerror and I don't feel like it tonight. I'm rather tired after installing hardwood flooring in my house all day today.

Believe whatever you want. However, I think if you keep an open mind and do some serious reading you will see that evolution is utter crap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Shrug...whatever blows your hair back, man. But I've never seen a good objection that wasn't religious, and came from somebody that actually understood evolution. I've seen some of your objections before. I know where you fall on the spectrum. Have a good night.
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top