Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/27/2016 3:25:50 PM EDT

$156,940

2 doors, 2 passengers, all-wheel drive; 21/22 mpg city/hwy

3.5-liter twin-turbocharged V-6 engine + 3 Electric motors; 573 hp, 476 lb-ft; 9-speed automatic transmission

This, or save about $30K more for a McLaren 570S ??  Or something else in the $150-200K range?

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:26:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Sexy.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:28:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I bet it drives great, but at 6'-4", I'll never fit into it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Not made in Japan, its gonna be crap...

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Always liked the original NSX.

3 electric motors?  Interesting, I will have to read up on this new generation.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Meh.

Im sorry but that looks uninspiring. Id rather have a NISMO GTR for less money.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:31:35 PM EDT
[#6]
4 years too late, but would drive.  For the price, though. I'm going Aston.

My old boss just got back from Ohio where he spent the week driving them around a track.  Lucky fucker.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My old boss just got back from Ohio where he spent the week driving them around a track.  Lucky fucker.
View Quote

I was in the area and on the back roads some of the engineers take them for a drive, its awesome seeing them on some back  road in rural Ohio just cruising along
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:36:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm sure it's a fine hybrid that Ted Klaus and his team can be proud of, but as the owner of two of the originals I wish they didn't use the same name......to me this car is waaaay out of character to be called NSX.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:36:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Three electric motors?  Why not, they feel the need to put two mufflers on the fucking dirt bikes.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Too much
Too late
Too slow

I'd get something else.  I'd personally look at an R8 if i wanted this type of look.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd have a hard time paying that much for a Honda/Acura "supercar."  A 570S would be much more appealing.  Might be able to get a used Ferrari 458 for that price.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:42:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Three electric motors?  Why not, they feel the need to put two mufflers on the fucking dirt bikes.
View Quote

Because it allows them to apply power to individual wheels.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm sure it's a fine hybrid that Ted Klaus and his team can be proud of, but as the owner of two of the originals I wish they didn't use the same name......to me this car is waaaay out of character to be called NSX.
View Quote

I agree wholeheartedly. But I suppose it has to keep up with the times where every super car is AWD with electric motors/assist. I miss the ole days of a good drivers car, IE mid engined rear wheel drive and no abs/tcs/driving assists. The late 90s was the end of that era.
I am glad to have seen it though, the transition from a time of pure drivers to assists. I would have hated to be born much after I was.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:53:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I haven't driven either.

Everything I've read about the new NSX suggest that even though the performance is outstanding, it is almost too civil. It doesn't have the unquantifiable connection with the tarmac like it's competitors or predecessor. This may or may not be a problem depending on what you want to do with it.

The Mclaren definitely gets the cool points. Again, I haven't driven either, but based on what I've read the Mclaren should be the better driver's car.  

I would be concerned about being able to have the Mclaren serviced.

Personally, I would pick the one made by the manufacturer who's primary purpose it to win at the highest level of motorsports over an appliance manufacturer's halo car.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I bet it drives great, but at 6'-4", I'll never fit into it.
View Quote

I bet it drives great, but at under 100,000 a year I'll never be able to afford it
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:58:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:59:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Owned a 1992 NSX.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 4:00:20 PM EDT
[#19]
If I had 150K to drop on a car.... Its not going to be a Acura
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Is it out yet ? I swear I saw one the other day..

McLarens have popped up here like they are giving them away
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 4:07:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 4:09:42 PM EDT
[#22]
A guy here in town had one of the original NSX's.

I remember him pulling into a parking space hauling ass,that thing turned on a dime and sounded awesome
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote

575HP and 22mpg is nothing to sneeze at.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 4:36:48 PM EDT
[#24]

2017 Acura NSX - Jay Leno's Garage

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 4:45:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Had a 99 Zanardi NSX... I regret ever selling it. It was the most pure driving machine I've ever driven besides the new Viper!

But the new NSX is a completely different beast. Reminds me of a GTR. Very utilitarian in the city but once you unleash it on mountain or open roads, it becomes a completely different animal!
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Overweight.

Only saving grace is AWD.

3803lbs with those numbers....needs to go on a big diet or put down more power.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I was in the area and on the back roads some of the engineers take them for a drive, its awesome seeing them on some back  road in rural Ohio just cruising along
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I have seen them driving around the plant in Marysville for quite some time. They are pretty mean looking sons of guns.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:08:44 PM EDT
[#28]
If I had the cash to throw around I'd get one

If I could only get one I'd probably be in a Porsche of some sort.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#29]
What can you get from Porsche that price?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Too much
Too late
Too slow

I'd get something else.  I'd personally look at an R8 if i wanted this type of look.
View Quote

As a former Audi service manager I'd take the NSX and drive away giddy and giggling.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#31]
For that amount of money, I'd buy one of the larger Audi's and a truck.

Audi is now the #1 most reliable brand, stole it from Lexus
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Meh.

Im sorry but that looks uninspiring. Id rather have a NISMO GTR for less money.
View Quote
An NSX looks uninspiring, so your choice is a GTR?

I bet you liked the Aztek.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Fuck no. They could have got that horse power and handling for 50k+ less and had a GTR competitor or even less and had Corvette competitor. Instead they are in Lambo territory with all that electric riff raff and 9 speed tranny. The only reason to buy one is if it destroys the competition in that category on the track. Otherwise who is gonna pick this over any other exotic in the price range when you just wanna look rich and get bitches?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#34]
The original NSX was pretty sharp looking when it came out, although the engine choice was very poor.

This new one just seems to be lacking in any sort of excitement but I am sure its a solid car.

As others have said the McClarren is a bit more in cost but a lot more in excitement.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:27:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, a Vette is half the price and has pretty much all the power and gets better fuel economy numbers without 3 electric motors and all the electrical doodads and gizmo's to operate the system.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

911 Turbo
911 GT3
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:47:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

911 Turbo
911 GT3
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

911 Turbo
911 GT3

Sounds more better.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Dang, that price is way higher than I thought it would be. I'd buy something more exotic for that price. Porsche, Viper, etc.

Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

911 Turbo
911 GT3
View Quote

No way. Think 911 Carrera S at the most. The options are ridiculous on Porsche's.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8JwgDAPPqg
View Quote

Wow, the designer lady is smoking hot in those blue hot pants

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Meh, a Vette is half the price and has pretty much all the power and gets better fuel economy numbers without 3 electric motors and all the electrical doodads and gizmo's to operate the system.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The NSX will smoke a Vette. It may not be the top super car out there but it is damn sure faster then a Vette. The electric motors aren't to make it fuel efficient they make it a lot faster and better handling.

I'm betting there will be tunes out for it that raise the boost level and make it crazy fast.  Factory turbo cars are usually really easy to make more power with.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Overweight.

Only saving grace is AWD.

3803lbs with those numbers....needs to go on a big diet or put down more power.
View Quote
I was going to ask - is it AWD.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

The original NSX was pretty sharp looking when it came out, although the engine choice was very poor.

This new one just seems to be lacking in any sort of excitement but I am sure its a solid car.

As others have said the McClarren is a bit more in cost but a lot more in excitement.
View Quote
I would love to have an original NSX. At the time it was a Ferrari killer and people put a ton of miles on them. Super car that you can daily drive? yes please.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's AWD, only 1 wheel will be without electric power.

On a serious note. At nearly 4000 lbs that thing is a hog. The fact that it's awd means even less HP to the wheels.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:09:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The NSX will smoke a Vette. It may not be the top super car out there but it is damn sure faster then a Vette. The electric motors aren't to make it fuel efficient they make it a lot faster and better handling.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would have a hard time against the Z06 with the 8 speed.  Z06 is also considerably less expensive.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#46]
 Not anything like the original.   Not really Honda's fault, but more of government regs and compliance tests.  It is probably an amazing car, but not timeless like the original.  I have been in a supercharged NSX in Germany and it was sex.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:11:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
 Not anything like the original.   Not really Honda's fault, but more of government regs and compliance tests.  It is probably an amazing car, but not timeless like the original.  I have been in a supercharged NSX in Germany and it was sex.
View Quote

I don't think there are any government regs that forced them to make it so complicated
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:13:43 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

those are some massive thunder thighs, could crack a few walnuts with those.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#49]
It kind of reminds me of the current McLaren 650s
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
It would have a hard time against the Z06 with the 8 speed.  Z06 is also considerably less expensive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have to wait for track times but I'd be shocked if the Vette can touch it on a racetrack. I still wish they had kept it more to the original tho. I'm a huge Honda fan but I'll admit to being a little disappointed in the new NSX. The original was just so fucking good I imagine it was a really hard act to follow.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top