Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/6/2016 10:33:32 AM EDT
Both grandfathers were in WW2. I would always watch Saving Private Ryan on June 6th and it was overall one of the most emotional days of my childhood.

But Google--a company known to have interesting Google Doodles displayed on its homepage for every odd and major holiday--including the anniversary of PacMan, has nothing for D-Day.

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en

Not even a small badge.

My company gives this company hundreds of thousands per year.

Fuck them.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#1]
fucking google sucks lately. Doesn't google make android OS's?

I like Bing's more subtle tribute using a picture of what appears to be one of the attack points of D-Day.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:39:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Fuck them indeed.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:43:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Bing
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Who even looks at the Google homepage?

I just type my query directly into the address bar, and off we go.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:46:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I like Bing's more subtle tribute using a picture of what appears to be one of the attack points of D-Day.
View Quote
Pointe du Hoc

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:47:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

ETA: Beat by ginger.

Pointe du Hoc

Pointe du Hoc, Cricqueville-en-Bessin, France

Any day in which a combat operation is launched can be called D-Day, but for most Americans 'D-Day' is shorthand for the seaborne invasion that took place here, at the Normandy beaches on either side of Pointe du Hoc, France, on this day in 1944. The operation took 13 Allied nations roughly a year to plan, with Britain, Canada, and the US joining together in an amphibious assault on a 50-mile stretch of the Normandy coastline. The immediate goal was to take out the German battlements constructed here on the clifftop of Pointe du Hoc. Allied casualties surpassed 10,000 in the brutal combat of D-Day. But this decisive Allied victory turned the tide of the battle on the Western Front, helping to drive back Nazi occupation.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sort of, yes.

They pulled a Mozilla and somehow took ownership of an open source OS.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

Nice photo at Bing

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Both grandfathers were in WW2. I would always watch Saving Private Ryan on June 6th and it was overall one of the most emotional days of my childhood.

But Google--a company known to have interesting Google Doodles displayed on its homepage for every odd and major holiday--including the anniversary of PacMan, has nothing for D-Day.

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en

Not even a small badge.

My company gives this company hundreds of thousands per year.

Fuck them.
View Quote

surprised they didn't put some dictators birthday up.. or find some gay / lesbian thing to celebrate today.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:48:35 AM EDT
[#10]
AGNTSA
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Well here is the address for google doodle proposals. Express your feelings politely and appropriately. I'm sure vitriol will just be deleted without being read.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Nothing new. We do this every holiday. They did nothing for Memorial Day yet a week or two prior they dedicated a whole week to "tranny awareness."

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Fuck screwgle in the ass with a saguaro cactus.

My 90 year old neighbor died last week on Memorial Day, surrounded by his family and friends. He liked to work on his old antique car and tend to his azaleas. You'd never have know he was a heart-breaker and a widow maker in his younger years.

It was a fitting send off to Valhalla for the former 17-year old kid who lied about his age on his enlistment papers, and was one of the handful of survivors when his boat was blown out from underneath him.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:51:01 AM EDT
[#15]
They also missed St. Patrick's day this year.
But..it's only because they only celebrate commies and those who hate America.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm glad we live in a world where our biggest concern is what sort of "doodle" Goggle is going to use on a particular day.

D-Day isn't a holiday so this doesn't surprise me one bit.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Nothing new. We do this every holiday. They did nothing for Memorial Day yet a week or two prior they dedicated a whole week to "tranny awareness."

View Quote

Except they did put a small emblem up for Memorial Day...

Feel free to use Bing if Google hurts your feelings.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm glad we live in a world where our biggest concern is what sort of "doodle" Goggle is going to use on a particular day.

View Quote

Neither is pacmans anniversary, or FIFA Women's World Cup 2015 Finals, but they still displayed it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#19]
They did the same thing in 2014, screw google, it's all about bing.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-27732237
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Neither is pacmans anniversary, or FIFA Women's World Cup 2015 Finals, but they still displayed it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their page, their rules.

Start your own "patriotic" search engine if you think there's an underserved market.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The tiny little yellow ribbon at the bottom of the screen technically could stand for a multitude of things. Besides that was a fraction of the effort they put towards things like the gay agenda and Nelson Mandela.

However it's good to see you sticking up for social justice warriors and the downfall of traditional American values.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:58:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Google ignored Memorial Day aswell.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:59:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Google has been long trying to eliminate the conservative and American patriotism and remembrance.

They didn't do this on memorial day either, but they will celebrate it for various left agendas and events.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

Google doesn't do doodle's for just Holidays. They do it for events and people. They had one for a Marxist Communist cunt last month. A bitch who said, "I consider Osama bin Laden as one of the people that I admire. To me, he is in the category of Malcolm X, Che Guevara, Patrice Lumumba, Fidel Castro, all leaders that I admire."
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:00:27 AM EDT
[#25]
For all your search needs:
https://duckduckgo.com
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Of course, the biggest problem with Bing is that the search results suck.  ive tried getting away from google several times, but after spending 20 minutes ttying to find something on Bing, Duckduck, or Dogpile, and then finding it in 30 seconds on Google, i'm back to google.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:02:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Google has been long trying to eliminate the conservative and American patriotism and remembrance.

They didn't do this on memorial day either, but they will celebrate it for various left agendas and events.
View Quote

Google Doodles June 6th

They have every event taking place on June 6th, including the first drive in theatre.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:06:11 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The tiny little yellow ribbon at the bottom of the screen technically could stand for a multitude of things. Besides that was a fraction of the effort they put towards things like the gay agenda and Nelson Mandela.

However it's good to see you sticking up for social justice warriors and the downfall of traditional American values.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOFL!

I thought "traditional American values" included allowing a business to make these sorts of decisions and letting the market sort it out.  A social justice warrior would be totally on-board with forcing Google to only put up whichever "doodles" make them happy.

Upholding traditional American values means you don't always get what you want and you just might have to see someone support some shit you don't agree with.

As I said, you are free to use Bing if you're butthurt.  Nobody is forcing you to use Google.

Of all the things to go full retard over...

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

Holy sensationalized bullshit, Batman.

By not putting up a fucking doodle, they're "trying to eliminate the conservative and American patriotism and remembrance"???

Jesus...
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:07:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Of course, the biggest problem with Bing is that the search results suck.  ive tried getting away from google several times, but after spending 20 minutes ttying to find something on Bing, Duckduck, or Dogpile, and then finding it in 30 seconds on Google, i'm back to google.
View Quote

Correct. 90% of my companys business is generated by Organic Google traffic. We also pay Bing, but the search results are horrible.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:08:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Ungrateful cunts
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:10:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

LOFL!

I thought "traditional American values" included allowing a business to make these sorts of decisions and letting the market sort it out.  A social justice warrior would be totally on-board with forcing Google to only put up whichever "doodles" make them happy.

Upholding traditional American values means you don't always get what you want and you just might have to see someone support some shit you don't agree with.

As I said, you are free to use Bing if you're butthurt.  Nobody is forcing you to use Google.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOFL!

Overreacting though they may be, they aren't calling for government intervention. So their reaction is part of the market sorting it out.

So if we're invoking "traditional American values", then maybe the course of action is not to respect what they say, but to respect their right to say it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Bing
View Quote

Their pictures are better than Google's faggot scribblings every day of the yesr.

Today is Pointe du Hoc.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Google doesn't do doodle's for just Holidays. They do it for events and people. They had one for a Marxist Communist cunt last month. A bitch who said, "I consider Osama bin Laden as one of the people that I admire. To me, he is in the category of Malcolm X, Che Guevara, Patrice Lumumba, Fidel Castro, all leaders that I admire."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That was their choice to make.

You can choose not to use them.

It's really not that complicated.  I think you guys are just butthurt because you know they're the best and, because you don't want to be inconvenienced by using Bing, you want Google to be a "safe place" where you only have to see little doodles that you want to see.

Here's a hint: if the homepage doodles offend your fragile sensibilities so fucking much, why don't you use a Google toolbar so you can type in your search without seeing the homepage?  
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Here we go again. Some of you guys are pathetic.

Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Its up to us to remember these days, not some ass sucking communist website. Talk to your kids, grandkids, family, neighbors, etc. Let them not forget the dates, the people, and especially the why's...
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:11:38 AM EDT
[#37]
¯\_(?)_/¯

So you are upset because a private company didn't make a stupid cartoon to remind us of 5k+ allied deaths on D-Day?

I struggle to imagine a properly reverent cartoon to memorialize D-Day.

Edit: Had to fix a number that might have as well been randomly generated it was so far off.

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:12:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Here is the answer you seek...   https://duckduckgo.com/
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:13:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It's really not that complicated.  I think you guys are just butthurt because you know they're the best and, because you don't want to be inconvenienced by using Bing, you want Google to be a "safe place" where you only have to see little doodles that you want to see.

Here's a hint: if the homepage doodles offend your fragile sensibilities so fucking much, why don't you use a Google toolbar so you can type in your search without seeing the homepage?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they go out of their way to check the homepage of a site they supposedly hate for something  to bitch about to the other whiners on this site.

Happens every holiday or days that they're bored .
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Pointe du Hoc

Any day in which a combat operation is launched can be called D-Day, but for most Americans 'D-Day' is shorthand for the seaborne invasion that took place here, at the Normandy beaches on either side of Pointe du Hoc, France, on this day in 1944. The operation took 13 Allied nations roughly a year to plan, with Britain, Canada, and the US joining together in an amphibious assault on a 50-mile stretch of the Normandy coastline. The immediate goal was to take out the German battlements constructed here on the clifftop of Pointe du Hoc. Allied casualties surpassed 10,000 in the brutal combat of D-Day. But this decisive Allied victory turned the tide of the battle on the Western Front, helping to drive back Nazi occupation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pointe du Hoc

Is this where the rangers climbed a 200' cliff and were to take out the large guns? After reaching the top they found that the  guns had been moved inland?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#41]

I'm just happy that some folks are so blessed and prosperous that this is what bunches their panties on this fine Monday.

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Who really gives a shit? What kind of weirdo goes out of his/her way to check the website of a company they despise just to get butt hurt and post about it online?

I love this place and there are a lot of great people on this site, but some of you guys are really fucked up and out there.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

LOFL!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOFL!

Please show me where I said Google should be forced to do anything. I'll wait...

Who's going full retard besides you? I'm not entitled to have an opinion of someone's actions? Maybe if more people gave a shit (like me) and voiced there opinions against the leftists, progressives wouldn't have such a strong foothold in our society.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Normandy is an awesome place to visit. What was accomplished there should never be forgotten.

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:20:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Here we go again. Some of you guys are pathetic.

Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!
View Quote

I think you're missing the point. I decode your mentality as "If it didn't happen to me, it doesn't matter". Not sure if you know much about Google, but they are playing Politics, and that is concerning when they control allot of tech.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Bing is much more entertaining.  Their photos brighten my day every time I visit.  I don't understand the use for google except as a name brand anymore.  *shrugs*
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:22:19 AM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:25:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Hey, your tax dollars are making it possible for Googles MASSIVE move into the K-12  market space.  That and people "googling" everything....
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Please show me where I said Google should be forced to do anything. I'll wait...

Who's going full retard besides you? I'm not entitled to have an opinion of someone's actions? Maybe if more people gave a shit (like me) and voiced there opinions against the leftists, progressives wouldn't have such a strong foothold in our society.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOFL!

Yeah, keep fighting the good fight and speaking out against leftists and progressives... here in the echo chamber of AR15.com.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Bing is much more entertaining.  Their photos brighten my day every time I visit.  I don't understand the use for google except as a name brand anymore.  *shrugs*
View Quote

Some businesses use Google for everything.

Analytics,
Google API,
Calendars,
Hangouts for meetings,
Google Business,
Google +,
Google Docs,
Youtube,
Gmail,
etc

Then you have their Google Chrome browser. Google Nexus, etc, etc.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top