Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 4:49:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Shin black. The spice package is separate so you can add as much heat as you want.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 5:42:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Chicken-flavor ramen (your choice of brand, I think Top Ramen is good for this).  Heat 2 cups water in small sauce pan on med-high heat, covered.  When it begins to steam, add chopped green onion and red pepper flakes to taste, then add ramen and seasoning packet.  Cover and give it a shake to make sure the seasoning is well dissolved.  In large bowl, place two hard boiled eggs (I usually steam a batch every few days) and a serving of frozen corn.  When water comes to rapid boil (this should only be a couple minutes after you added the ramen in, unless you like slow-cooked, soggy, water-logged noodles), immediately remove from heat.  Drain 3/4 cup of the broth, then pour remaining broth, onions/red pepper flakes, and noodles over the eggs and frozen corn.  The hot broth should assume an edible temperature fairly quickly as it heats the corn and eggs (temp drop also helps keep noodles from overcooking).
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 7:05:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 9:00:01 AM EDT
[#4]
very beefy and tasty
been eating this stuff since around 1980 ..has a seasoning pak and flavored oil pak.
de fucking liscious
Made in Tawain ,,, the chinese folks that ran the local pizza place turned me onto this heaven in a sack.

http://www.amazon.com/Oriental-Style-Beef-Noodle-packages/dp/B008GMRFPM
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 9:19:44 AM EDT
[#5]
does this look too hot?

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 9:31:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buy all your ramen on Amazon.  If it doesn't have mostly some form of Asian language on the package, skip it.  Seriously, you find good, new stuff this way.

http://www.amazon.com/Namja-Ramyun-Korean-Ramen-packs/dp/B00A8257M6

About the Product
Strong beef flavor with the pungency of red pepper garlic etc.
2012 Brand New Korea noodle, Man's Ramyun
Make sure you try it when feel bad for taste. It will return to beautiful taste back
5 Packs of 4.58 oz each pack
Search & find more Korean Ramyun in "imozip" at Amazon

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91f0%2B64hTKL._SX522_.jpg

this one sounds perfect!!!

as nearly as I can translate Engrish: it appears to be pungent, so it is possibly made with the same stuff in Sex Panther cologne.  
It has "Man's Ramyun" so I'm assuming that is "cream of sum yung guy"
I think you will feel bad for your tastebuds, if you decide to try it.

View Quote

This one is excellent.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 9:33:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 9:35:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Get the real thing.

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#10]
For instant Ramen...

Shin Ramyun Black is by far and away, the best Ramen.  Awesome packaging, high quality ingredients, noodles that don't turn to mush no matter how long they are in broth.

A close second is MAMA brand Indonesian Ramen, Beef Stew flavor.  Has a seasoning packet and packet with browned onions in fat.  Delicious, my kids love it.

Shin Black isn't too spicy either, not like Nonjim Red which is pretty spicy.

Those Koreans, they know how to make a good instant ramen.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#11]
OK I change my stance, ya'll have me genuinely interested (and hungry) in tier 1 Ramen. I'll be hitting up the big Wegmans store after work and if that's a bust I've got an Asian market a mile from work.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I love this brand, most of their flavors have a seperate spice pack you can leave out if you dont like the hot stuff.

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 10:02:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Mama Ramen, hot spices are packed separately so you can adjust for taste.

Shit, beat by seconds.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#14]

add a few slices of American cheese and it is awesome.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Go to your local Asian Supermarket and you will find hundreds to choose from.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 10:28:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Go to your local Asian Supermarket and you will find hundreds to choose from.
View Quote

Yep, that is where i get my Mama brand.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#17]

The creamy chicken is even better. Add a can of chicken and some American cheese.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 10:37:33 AM EDT
[#18]

This is the noodle you seek.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 10:53:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The creamy chicken is even better. Add a can of chicken and some American cheese.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Gonna try that tonight for dinner.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#20]

found this on Wiki:

"Research has indicated that consuming instant ramen two or more times a week increases the likelihood of developing heart disease and other conditions including diabetes and stroke, especially in women.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramen#cite_note-24][24][/url]"

I'm assuming it has something to do with the astronomical amount of sodium

if that's the case, i should probably already be dead...

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 11:47:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm curious if the Asian Ramen we find on Amazon and are discussing here is the same as the Ramen we get at Walmart, in terms of sodium content (I've not checked)

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Just got back from the store. How'd I do?

They had more but I'm not into seafood flavors.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top