Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/23/2016 7:30:40 AM EDT
Oh look, yet another anti-Trump narrative smashed.  He'll withdraw any day now, for sure this time.  

Quit pissing and moaning about how doomed Trump is, Tuesday was his first fundraising push and he pulled in donations hand over fist, half small donors and half big donors:

CNN

Donald Trump and his joint fundraising committee have raised at least $11 million since Tuesday morning, Republicans said Wednesday, a tremendously quick haul that comes amid concerns about his fundraising ability.

Trump Victory, the joint fundraising account with the Republican National Committee, and Trump's official campaign raised $5 million online since Tuesday morning, when it sent one of its first fundraising pitches to its email list, according to Sean Spicer, an RNC spokesman.

That does not include the $2 million that Trump himself has pledged to match in the fundraising appeal, Spicer said.

Trump has done virtually no small-dollar fundraising since launching his campaign a year ago, and is not expected to begin a full online fundraising operation until the convention.

"We are incredibly excited by the outpouring of support from the grassroots supporters who want to see this country experience real change," said Hope Hicks, a Trump spokeswoman.

Along with the online effort, a more traditional fundraising tool -- a high-dollar fundraising event at a tony New York City restaurant -- brought in $6 million for Trump and the RNC, his son, Eric, told CNN's Erin Burnett on "OutFront."
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:37:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quit pissing and moaning about how doomed Trump is, Tuesday was his first fundraising push and he pulled in donations hand over fist, half small donors and half big donors:
View Quote

It won't stop them.
As you have probably noticed they wail and gnash their teeth about whatever the media propaganda organs publicize on any given day.
By Friday the pundits and "reporters" will have moved on to another story and they will follow like the dutiful denizens of #NeverNeverland they are.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:40:30 AM EDT
[#2]
cruz has more
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

cruz has more
View Quote

He better hold on to it as I have a feeling he will be needing it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:45:04 AM EDT
[#4]
The question  how he will spend it

More hats?
His campaign paying his properties?
Paying Draper Sterling?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:46:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

cruz has more

He's probably given most of it to Carly Fiorina by now.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:48:34 AM EDT
[#6]
We're a little over a week away from July and with him raising $11 million, plus the $2 million "pledge" that may or may not materialize and Trump's $1.3 million cash on hand (as of 1 June per NYT).  That puts him behind Hillary by approximately $25 million  (who has been raising something like $1 million a day).

Trump has been the presumed nominee since early May and he only just now started raising money.  Hillary already has ads running in key states like Florida.

Now that he has raised some money he can use that money to hire people to assemble commercials and buy air time to run those ads to combat the ads Hillary has already run.

This whole thing is disturbing on a few levels because serious candidates do not squander a month when they could be organizing and fundraising.  

I hope Trump has woken up and starts doing the things he needs to do to win.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:48:38 AM EDT
[#7]
If I were a Trump supporter I wouldn't be too excited about this. Based on recent reports a lot of his campaign money is going right back into his  and his kid's personal businesses. Trump is apparently even paying himself a salary out of campaign funds.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:48:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

cruz has more

Fiorina doing lap dances while Cruz "makes it rain" is a disturbing thought.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:51:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Hillary and the Democrats are going to spend the better part of a billion on this campaign.  

$11M is a very small drop in the bucket.

He's had the nomination for a while now.  Why's he so late getting started?

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:52:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If I were a Trump supporter I wouldn't be too excited about this. Based on recent reports a lot of his campaign money is going right back into his  and his kid's personal businesses. Trump is apparently even paying himself a salary out of campaign funds.

View Quote

Why on Earth is a billionaire candidate who has been saying he will fund his own campaign if needed paying himself a salary?!

Edit:   Apparently Trump has payments listed to himself and his children in his FEC filings for payments that could be for services other than a salary.      The payments are listed as "In-Kind" followed by "PRE-PAID PAYROLL (SEE MEMOS BELOW),"  "RENT (SEE MEMOS BELOW)," and "TRAVEL EXPENSE REIMBURSEMENT: ITEMIZATION BELOW IF REQUIRED."

You can download Trumps filings into an excel document and view the data that way (that's what I did).    The sum of these IN-KIND reimbursements are approximately $418,837 listed for Donald J Trump, Donald J Trump Jr., and Eric Trump.

So apparently Trump is NOT paying himself a salary.

You can check Trump's filings with the FEC here.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:52:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

cruz has more

And yet it's a thought that is purely the product of your imagination.

Maybe time for a neck up check up.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:55:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

cruz has more

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 7:56:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

stop repeating that nonsense.

Regulations do require companies— even ones owned by the candidate— to charge fair-market value so as not to run afoul of a ban on corporate campaign contributions.

They also require some complicated record-keeping.

For instance, FEC reports show the campaign making about $400,000 in payments to Trump. But that's a campaign finance accounting quirk. What's actually happened is that Trump donated $400,000 in campaign office space and some salaries of company employees who have been working on his presidential bid.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:01:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hillary and the Democrats are going to spend the better part of a billion on this campaign.  

View Quote

So Hillary has $40-odd million (4% of a billion) to Trump's $11+ million  (1.1% of a billion), placed in the context of a billion dollar campaign there is no meaningful difference.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:05:42 AM EDT
[#15]
In before the arfcucks.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:06:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So Hillary has $40-odd million (4% of a billion) to Trump's $11+ million  (1.1% of a billion), placed in the context of a billion dollar campaign there is no meaningful difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hillary *will* spend around $1B on this campaign.  She has promises right now for 100's of millions of dollars.  If you don't understand that you haven't been paying attention to Presidential campaigns recently.

Trump is late getting started.  Why that is I have no idea.  But it's not a good thing any way you slice it.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:09:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Hillary *will* spend around $1B on this campaign.  She has promises right now for 100's of millions of dollars.  If you don't understand that you haven't been paying attention to Presidential campaigns recently.

Trump is late getting started.  Why that is I have no idea.  But it's not a good thing any way you slice it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yesterday every cable media outlet covered his anti-Hillary speech live....What is that worth in hard cash?

I think Cruz did the math on that, you might want to ask him.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:14:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yesterday every cable media outlet covered his anti-Hillary speech live....What is that worth in hard cash?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you think this will play out like the primary you're fooling yourself.

The first clue ought to be that Trump is currently *trailing* Clinton in the polls.  How long did Trump trail Cruz in the primary polls?

Go look at the Real Clear Politics composite and do the math on that.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:17:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What, like Sheldon Adelson's promise to contribute more than $100 million to Trump?  Weren't you paying attention?

Anyhow those are mere promises, not cash in hand, promises won't buy a cup of coffee.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:20:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The first clue ought to be that Trump is currently *trailing* Clinton in the polls.  How long did Trump trail Cruz in the primary polls?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already had, he is within the MoE in many swing states....That's not bad in my estimation given the proven manipulation of polls like the NBC and CBS polls.

Why, it's almost like you want Trump to lose. Keep on the sunny side my friend, always on the sunny side.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:21:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What, like Sheldon Adelson's promise to contribute more than $100 million to Trump?  Weren't you paying attention?

Anyhow those are mere promises, not cash in hand, promises won't buy a cup of coffee.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right man.  Trump being late and behind and generally acting like he doesn't seem to care if he wins this thing is no problem at all.

In fact, it's a good thing.  In fact, since Trump is doing it it's completely awesome.  

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I already had, he is within the MoE in many swing states....That's not bad in my estimation given the proven manipulation of polls like the NBC and CBS polls.

Why, it's almost like you want Trump to lose. Keep on the sunny side my friend, always on the sunny side.
View Quote

I *want* Trump to win.  Now, don't get me wrong, I think the man is a compete asshole and utterly unsuited for the office, but a Hillary/Warren ticket winning scares the shit out of me.  

Given that, I'd really appreciate it if Trump seemed like *he* wants to win.

So why on earth is Trump so late getting going on this?  And why do you guys act like this is a good thing?

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:28:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you sure that's still coming? That was before all his dumb antics with the judge. The head of one of his Super PACs admitted Trump has been making it difficult to get donations thanks to his recent behavior.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:30:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
In before the arfcucks.
View Quote

I'm stealing that one.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:33:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

If we wanted Trump to lose we wouldn't be bitching about him sitting on his *** and not raising money for over a month since he clinched the nomination.

Hillary isn't "officially" the nominee yet either and yet she has more cash on hand, is raising substantial sums every day, and has already made large ad buys for commercials that are ALREADY running in swing states.

Serious candidates do not squander an entire ****ing month when they could be organizing and raising money.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:36:59 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

yep but the messiah worshipers don't care.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:37:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm stealing that one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before the arfcucks.

I'm stealing that one.

Well, you know .... never miss an opportunity to insult someone while you ask for their vote.

Amiright?

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Are you sure that's still coming? That was before all his dumb antics with the judge. The head of one of his Super PACs admitted Trump has been making it difficult to get donations thanks to his recent behavior.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it's most likely that Adelson is waiting to make sure that the GOP doesn't suicide by fragging Trump at the convention, then Adelson either doesn't waste money on a thrown election or he makes a statement by funding a Trump third party run.  In any case, no, I'm not sure that it's still coming, but I also think that the big promised donors Hillary claims are sweating her health issues and possible implosion over her history of light treason.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:40:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regulations do require companies— even ones owned by the candidate— to charge fair-market value so as not to run afoul of a ban on corporate campaign contributions.

They also require some complicated record-keeping.

For instance, FEC reports show the campaign making about $400,000 in payments to Trump. But that's a campaign finance accounting quirk. What's actually happened is that Trump donated $400,000 in campaign office space and some salaries of company employees who have been working on his presidential bid.

That way too "deep in the weeds" for the #NeverNeverLand crowd.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:40:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
cruz has more
View Quote

Cruz owes a shit ton of people favors in return.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:41:19 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

cruz has more

Agreed.

He'll be figurehead #1 representing the old, incompetent "wants to lose all the time" republicans marked for take down if there is goofy shit going on at the convention.  He'll be out on his ass next time he's up for re-election if things don't go right... regardless of his actions between now and then.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:42:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
In before the arfcucks.
View Quote

Tooo Late.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#33]
2mil self funding pledge? I thought he had billions and was gonna self fund the whole thing???
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:43:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
cruz has more

And Trump has had 100s of millions of dollars of loans forgiven by NY investment banks.

He doesn't owe anyone anything.  

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:45:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it's complete horseshit?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:48:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haven't read the recent FEC filings I sake it?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Would like to see a source
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/21/politics/donald-trump-business-spending-fec/

And btw, since he's now seeking to get reimbursed by the RNC for the loans he's made to his campaign, he's really not self funding and not spending his own money at his businesses.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote

It appears what really excites you then is the Clinton Foundation money laundering and fraud scheme.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:14:22 AM EDT
[#40]

Some of the Trump True Believers should stop by this thread:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1864770_Semi_Offical_PMAG_Election_Wager_Thread_.html

I hope he wins.  I don't want Hillary picking supreme court nominees.  FWIW, I even donated to his campaign.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Evidently you've never worked with politicians or you would know the media polls mean nothing.  THAT IS WHY POLITICIANS HIRE THEIR OWN PRIVATE POLLSTER.  That is why media polls showed dead even ties last election yet Republicans won by 8-10%, the same polls showed Republicans losing 3 Governorships and they ended up winning 3 instead.  Politicians laugh at the media polls.

Yesterday on MSN.com (liberal site) they had a Hillary vs Trump poll...with over half a million votes cast Trump was beating Hillary by over 10%.

Trump's speech yesterday was surprisingly VERY impressive, that will bring in a lot of cash.  Hillary has no rebuttal for his talking points on her.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:18:26 AM EDT
[#42]
I wish the Gun owners, conservatives, #NotHillary people would unite behind him.

It's retarded at this point in the game to do otherwise.  the dumbshits are just going to get Hillary elected if they keep it up,

I REALLY am starting to think that half of this board are old DU Troll/ Hillary /Dem Machine accounts.  I bet they are.

as for financials he has plenty of cash, can raise more, and would be a poor business man not to ask the RNC to back him and put skin in the game.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

And btw, since he's now seeking to get reimbursed by the RNC for the loans he's made to his campaign, he's really not self funding and not spending his own money at his businesses.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously?

What Trump is doing is legal: He is required to pay fair market value for the goods and services enjoyed by his campaign -- otherwise, they would have to be considered in-kind contributions.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:21:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Seriously?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Seriously?

What Trump is doing is legal: He is required to pay fair market value for the goods and services enjoyed by his campaign -- otherwise, they would have to be considered in-kind contributions.

It also highlights a concern some Republican donors have stated about Trump -- that because his personal donations to his campaign are classified as loans, he could end up using campaign gifts from others to pay himself back.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously?

It also highlights a concern some Republican donors have stated about Trump -- that because his personal donations to his campaign are classified as loans, he could end up using campaign gifts from others to pay himself back.

Im going to assume that you accidentally snipped the quote that started the argument... So I'll repost it.

Based on recent reports a lot of his campaign money is going right back into his and his kid's personal businesses. Trump is apparently even paying himself a salary out of campaign funds.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:37:17 AM EDT
[#46]
And so fucking what if he recoups some or all of the money?  
You think Cruz isn't going to pay his personal loans off with campaign money?
It's common,  and completely above board.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:40:41 AM EDT
[#47]
[YAWN] Can't stand Trump. Never will be able to. But he's the guy we're stuck with and I will vote for his NYC elitist ass solely as a middle-finger to Hitlery and her minions. Why is his legitimacy still even some kind of debate? If would-be prison-bait Hitlery is legit, then The Donald is doubly so.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:03:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hate you people.  I'm gonna need a lobotomy from the stuff you guys post.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:17:41 AM EDT
[#49]
President Trump,,,,,,,  roils right off the tongue like   FBHO & FHRC
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#50]
I did my part.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top