Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/29/2016 11:28:55 PM EDT
Not really sure how she turned out like this.....but my sister turned into a total liberal anti gun type person.  We both grew up with loving parents that taught us the same values, the same standards, and taught us that guns need to be respected and used responsibly....but they weren't "bad" or "good"...they were just a tool like anything else. My dad took me target shooting and hunting all the time.

Fast forward 30 years....and my sister is totally anti gun.  She thinks that all guns are bad, and the more laws need to be passed to keep guns out of the hands of bad guys.  She also recently told me that nobody outside of the military should ever be able to own an AR15...because if you have an AR15 and you want to kill lots of people, you are pretty much unstoppable. How do you argue with someone with that kind of mentality?

It probably doesn't help that she went to Mizzou for journalism.....110% liberal college. She has that whole "if someone had a gun, why fight back..im dead anyway" type attitude.  It's sickening.

Anyone else have a sibling like this?  .
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:31:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, I don't! While I have two siblings that do not own guns, both love shooting them!

ETA, they are pro gun, but have not the funds!
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:31:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, my elder brother.  I watched him take a hammer to my aunts 22 revolver, after finding it when she died.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:33:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Older brother feels we don't need guns, but enjoys shooting them.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:34:11 PM EDT
[#4]
My siblings are sensible, thankfully
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:35:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to, but with all the shit hitting the fan globally, she's changed her mind....

Everybody else has carry permits.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:36:18 PM EDT
[#6]
My brother shoots a lot.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:37:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not really sure how she turned out like this.....but my sister turned into a total liberal anti gun type person.  We both grew up with loving parents that taught us the same values, the same standards, and taught us that guns need to be respected and used responsibly....but they weren't "bad" or "good"...they were just a tool like anything else. My dad took me target shooting and hunting all the time.

Fast forward 30 years....and my sister is totally anti gun.  She thinks that all guns are bad, and the more laws need to be passed to keep guns out of the hands of bad guys.  She also recently told me that nobody outside of the military should ever be able to own an AR15...because if you have an AR15 and you want to kill lots of people, you are pretty much unstoppable. How do you argue with someone with that kind of mentality?

It probably doesn't help that she went to Mizzou for journalism.....110% liberal college. She has that whole "if someone had a gun, why fight back..im dead anyway" type attitude.  It's sickening.

View Quote

My 90lb sister thinks guns are bad.  She got a pink taser for Christmas.  I asked her what she was going to do after she fired the taser, and she told me she knows somemartialart.  Hopefully she is either never confronted, or either doesn't get murdered after being robbed and raped.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:40:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep, too bad she's outnumbered by all 4 of her sisters, including me.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:41:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm the oldest of 3. Me and my brother turned out normal but my sister is a flaming liberal psycho. She has always been the black sheep and the trouble maker even with my parents doing a great job of bringing us up.

If you knew her then you would understand but I truly believe she is a shining example of how liberalism is a mental disorder.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:42:08 PM EDT
[#10]
My brother is a libtard, and his attitude about guns is that there are so many in circulation, trying to get rid of them is a fool's errand.  I take him shooting anyway.  

I'm now trying to get him to go hunting with me.  I think I might have a chance at that given that he ended 20 years of vegetarianism about four years ago.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:43:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, I wrote them off (her and husband).

They are Fbho lovers and completely ignorant to the truth.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:43:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Nope. One of my sisters has her carry permit and the other doesn't have any guns but isn't against them.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:44:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Not totally, but GD didn't like my opinion of my brothers views on his a while back.  

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:45:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I have two siblings who hate guns.  They are complete Moon Bats.  Each time we would discuss the subject I embarrassed them with logic and facts.  They would get so emotionally worked up they would start screaming personal insults and made complete asses of themselves - and they would later realize their idiocy, and apologize.  

It just wasn't fun anymore.  I just don't bring it up anymore.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:45:23 PM EDT
[#15]
My mom and sisters turned into liberals after my mom's divorce, one sis in particular went full moonbat. My mom is starting to come around again so there's hope.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:45:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Yep. And not really on speaking terms.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:46:12 PM EDT
[#17]
My younger brother (only sibling) and I couldn't be more opposite. He's lib, into tech, went away to college and doesn't like the outdoors. I started working at 15 and he landed his first job after college. He likes shooting my guns but doesn't know why I "need" and AR or AK. If it wasn't for blood, you'd never know we were related.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:47:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:47:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Not really anti-gun, but I'm pretty sure one of my sister in-laws thinks I'm nuts
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:49:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

My sister is very similar. She did go from thinking no one should have guns to allowing us to have handguns at least.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:49:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tell your sister that she's fucking retarded and until she educates herself, not to bother contacting you, because you don't deal well with fucking stupid people.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:50:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Yup, my sister.

Guns are bad, and she doesn't think her kids should have any experience with guns.  Except in violent video games which glorify the use of guns.  Violence in video games is just peachy, but God forbid her kids learn to use a gun safely and responsibly.  She wouldn't even let me give her son a BB gun for his 11th birthday.  

Its ok though.  Like anything else, the more the parents forbid and make something taboo, the more interested the kids become in it.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:51:04 PM EDT
[#23]
My sister is a communist.  I don't talk to her anymore because I don't talk to traitors
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:51:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Uh... no.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:56:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Three older sisters who are at least open to guns and accept the fact that most of the males in the family (myself, 2 of 3 BILs and 7 of 8 nephews) has them and then there's my younger brother who has been pussy whipped into total anti-gun libtardness by his shrew of a wife.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:58:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Nope. In fact I sometimes I feel like I'm out gunned at family outings at my sisters place if I don't have a rifle in the truck.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:59:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah, have a brother who is feeling the bern. I politely say high once a year at the family reunion.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:03:16 AM EDT
[#28]
My sister who is now 60 was most of her life.  Thankfully she has now seen the light especially since her husband has been a reserve deputy for several years.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:06:34 AM EDT
[#29]
I've got a step sister that hates to be around me because I own guns. Her mom was very liberal when she married my dad, who has always been very conservative, but they get along great and she is becoming more conservative.  I've had a couple gun control discussions with my step sister on facebook.  I'm always civil, but she gives up way too easy.  Her mom actually tells me that she likes it and that her daughter needs to hear it.  I just don't push the issue and let her bring it up, there really isn't a lot of hope for her.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:09:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My sister is a communist.  I don't talk to her anymore because I don't talk to traitors
View Quote

I like this.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:10:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Yep, my "pro gun" sister posted that stupid video on FB about the guy going into an office and shooting the place up. Says we need "more control" of how people get guns.

The argument is ongoing as we speak on FB.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:12:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Nope

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:13:50 AM EDT
[#33]

And you boyz all wonder where all them "Kali voters" come from...

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:22:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:23:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yep, my elder brother.  I watched him take a hammer to my aunts 22 revolver, after finding it when she died.
View Quote

What a sad sack of shit.

No offense...  

My family goes to the range together.  My 3 BILs all carry.  one of my sisters carries, they all have multiple guns.  My brother and his GF both carry.

Many of my friends carry.

I had a cook out a couple weeks ago and my buddy grabbed his new Colt AR out of his trunk to show off.  One of my guests got uneasy about it, didn't know he had anti gun leanings.  

As a group of 12, 7 of us had guns on person so taking the opportunity to watch him squirm, we all pulled pieces to compare triggers, etc. It was great

Not sure if he'll come back
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:28:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This plus your avatar made me crack the hell up...
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:29:20 AM EDT
[#37]
My older brother.

Grew up in New Zealand, in cities all his life. Has, um, anger issues to put it diplomatically

Perhaps it's for the best.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:48:53 AM EDT
[#38]
The only solution is to make fun of them. Although my brother doesn't talk to me any more...
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:50:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sadly yes,

My sister told me she wishes that they would throw all of the guns in the ocean. And can't wait for them to be banned.

I tried to get her to touch my AR and it was like a piece of cryptonite to her, she reelled back and wouldn't even look at it.

And shes a Bernie supporter,

Where did we go wrong as a family
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:51:03 AM EDT
[#40]
My sisters don't shoot but are pro 2A so there's that.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:57:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My 90lb sister thinks guns are bad.  She got a pink taser for Christmas.  I asked her what she was going to do after she fired the taser, and she told me she knows somemartialart.  Hopefully she is either never confronted, or either doesn't get murdered after being robbed and raped.
View Quote

My BJJ and Krav Maga instructor has a CHL and says it's stupid not to carry.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:59:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My sisters don't shoot but are pro 2A so there's that.
View Quote

Same here!
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 1:08:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

What a fag.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 1:14:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Not anti-gun, but a hardcore environmentalist Democrat after the school professors got to her.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 1:20:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Yes, they exist.   But, I don't associate with them at all.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 1:23:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yes, I wrote them off (her and husband).

They are Fbho lovers and completely ignorant to the truth.
View Quote

This is what must be done.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 1:31:51 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm afraid to ask
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 1:34:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Younger brother.

We don't speak.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 1:40:32 AM EDT
[#49]
My older brother isn't really into guns as much as computers and cars, but he can appreciate a fun switch just as much as me.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 1:47:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Yep, my sister. But she never mentions it unless someone else pokes the bear. My family knows how to keep the peace in regards to politics.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top