Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:14:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

WELL, THAT'S US. IT'S NOT THEM, THAT'S US. WE'RE the ones who are vaulting over the fences, and peeking in through people's windows. We're the ones who are THROWING GARBAGE IN THE STREET, AND LIGHTING FIRES. WE'RE THE ONES WHO ARE ACTING SUSPICIOUS AND PARANOID, ART. WE'RE THE LUNATICS. US. IT'S NOT THEM. It's us.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ephesians 6:12

A lot of you aren't ready or receptive to this message, but here goes:

What do you think causes the rulers and agents of our government to act in this way?

Our government has legalized murdering children and bondage (income tax). Who do you think its agents are really working for?

Here's a hint: not you and not God and his Son.

When you watch videos like this and wonder how police can make such poor decisions, it's because they're not making the decisions at all. There is a darker force pulling the strings.

This is the work of Satan, and we are in the last days.

So you're going with, the devil made him do it?
Seems to me but ole beelzebub needs to hit the range to work on his aim.

I want to kill.......everyone. Satan is good. Satan is our pal.

WELL, THAT'S US. IT'S NOT THEM, THAT'S US. WE'RE the ones who are vaulting over the fences, and peeking in through people's windows. We're the ones who are THROWING GARBAGE IN THE STREET, AND LIGHTING FIRES. WE'RE THE ONES WHO ARE ACTING SUSPICIOUS AND PARANOID, ART. WE'RE THE LUNATICS. US. IT'S NOT THEM. It's us.

Just because you're a paranoid lunatic doesn't mean the Klopeks aren't up to no good.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:15:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

i can't tell if you're trolling or if you really think that the toy truck the guy was holding was a gun

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The call came in as a person with a gun.  Gun persons need shooting.  That mindset is why.

The guy next to him was waving the gun around pretty good. Great he is a caretaker, but he allowed his self to stay next to the guy with the gun.

ETA- the news showed the video and you can clearly see the gun being waved around.

i can't tell if you're trolling or if you really think that the toy truck the guy was holding was a gun

It would seem he does...

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Not surprised...North Miami Police Dept.
I've lived in North Miami since 1972 and escaped to neighboring suburb in 1997.  It used to be a nice city with decent police dept. and I used to know the police chief pretty well.  Now the city has completely changed and only one of my dozen neighbors still live there and rest left for greener pastures.  Most decent competent cops left the dept. and only one left are ones that couldn't get a job with other departments.  It's just another armpit city in South Florida.    
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why'd you shoot?

I don't know.

View Quote

"case closed".
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#5]
American law enforcement, building community support one isolated incident at a time.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:42:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I wish people would stop playing this man with a gun card just to get the cops to roll faster or to screw with gun owners
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Hell, I’m white and I am about ready to join BLM.

When they shot dogs, I did nothing because I was not a dog.
When they shot black men, I did nothing because I was not a black man.
When they came to shoot me, there was no one let to do anything.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#8]
The dept needs to get out in front of this ASAP.

If it was a F-up then admit it, suspend the officer ASAP with termination pending on criminal charges and don't delay.

Delaying could quite honestly cause other officers around the country to be murdered with the current BLM bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're either a troll or an idiot
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I couldn't tell wtf it was from the video
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The call came in as a person with a gun.  Gun persons need shooting.  That mindset is why.

The guy next to him was waving the gun around pretty good. Great he is a caretaker, but he allowed his self to stay next to the guy with the gun.

ETA- the news showed the video and you can clearly see the gun being waved around.

On the video, you can clearly see that it isn't gun.

I couldn't tell wtf it was from the video

If you don't know what it is, you can't have a reasonable belief that it is a weapon.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:48:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I wish people would stop playing this man with a gun card just to get the cops to roll faster or to screw with gun owners
View Quote

Even when they admitted it our DA's office wouldn't prosecute.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:52:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is ARFCOM, can't he have both??
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If it was a F-up then admit it, suspend the officer ASAP with termination pending on criminal charges and don't delay.
Delaying could quite honestly cause other officers around the country to be murdered with the current BLM bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The guy's lawyer says the city is already talking settlement.

Link

Hilton Napoleon II said he has not been able to speak to North Miami police, but has spoken with the city manager and city attorney.

"There has been a discussion of a potential settlement, (and) they want to resolve it relatively fast in good faith to let the community know that they take these things seriously, but I'm not at liberty to discuss the terms of the settlement or what we think a potential settlement will be at this point," Napoleon said.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm someone that defends law enforcement on almost every action... but come the fuck on

If this proves to the the case then he needs to be fired and have his day in court.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:55:42 PM EDT
[#15]
So White guy, possible weapon, not following orders.

And they shoot the unarmed black man with his hands up.

Almost sounds like a comedy sketch

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Almost sounds like a comedy sketch.
View Quote

Sounds like something from Key and Peele.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:03:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Why is part of the video missing?  It looks like the compliant innocent black guy gets shot.....damn police, help yourself sometime....this isn't cool.  Police training seems not only to be shoot and ask questions later but do not assist if you wound the person, even if they weren't a threat.  This is utter bullshit, we fight terrorist and treat Hadji better than this.  Feel bad for all the anti police crap and lying media, but there is a lot room for improvement.  Remove this cop from the force, let him be personally liable, and train better.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Heh, if a civilian does an accidental discharge and shoots a stranger... I doubt the law would be ok with a "sorry"
View Quote

Seen it happen multiple times, no charges.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:06:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Edited video. for all we know the black guy could have gotten up and started moving toward the officers in an aggressive way.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:08:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m betting you are a LOE.  Only LEOs can defend shooting a man complying with instructions, laying on his back in the middle of a street, or walking back to his car to get an AR to shoot a dog thru a fence then driving off.

On another thread here, one of the thin blue line defended Cops summarily executing “criminals”.  Seems y’all are hot on supporting the constitution, except for those pesky parts abut due process, search and seizure and so on.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:08:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good grief... you're right...
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#22]
If it happened as the news says then that is pretty horrible and the cop needs punished, would love to see an uneditited video though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:15:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Heh, if a civilian does an accidental discharge and shoots a stranger... I doubt the law would be ok with a "sorry"

IME, cuffed & stuffed regardless of eventual charging decision.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:15:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Speaks volumes about your character.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I’m betting you are a LOE.  Only LEOs can defend shooting a man complying with instructions, laying on his back in the middle of a street, or walking back to his car to get an AR to shoot a dog thru a fence then driving off.

On another thread here, one of the thin blue line defended Cops summarily executing “criminals”.  Seems y’all are hot on supporting the constitution, except for those pesky parts abut due process, search and seizure and so on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What thread was that where a cop defended summarily executing criminals?  Our resident Necrofapper does it all the time but he's no cop, thank God.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:17:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On dubstep...
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:20:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol

You think this will make a difference to your typical BLM'er?

How about: let the investigation finish before rushing to anything?

I know, crazy idea: treat adults like adults and anarchists like anarchists, but that's just me.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#28]
The way that guy speaks gives some credence to his story.  Scumbags, blm, and hood types usually don't speak like that.  Along with the "I don't know" from the officer.  If it really went down like that .  You better know why you shot someone three times.  Hell, you better know why you shot a paper target three times.  Whether this was attempted murder, assault, or just a oops I'm a idiot situation this dude doesn't need to be a cop.   If its malice then he is a bastard that needs to rot in a cell.  If its stupidity or carelessness he needs to be off the force because he is a danger to the public and unfortunately there's a decent chance some cops are gonna be killed over what he did.  We don't need dumb asses pissing off blm types with legit bad shoots with them getting pissy enough with good shoots.  

Will wait for more info before making final judgement but I'm thinking this one may turn out to be bad shoot.  If it was good why wasn't he mag dumped by multiple officers, instead of only shot 3 times by one dude?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:23:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you're going to join ISIS?

*shakes head*

Put your money where your mouth is. Want to make a change? Pick up an application.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:24:52 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote
It will continue until "lying to 911 and causing injury" is a crime with real teeth to it.

Some of the blame is on the cops, but only some. People that lie on the call should end up in the poor house after their stint in jail.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:25:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes in some cases. Somethings need further investigating.

My biggest issue with this incident (if it was an AD) is why leave the guy cuffed? Seems way overboard and CYA. That to me would be more cause for firing over an AD.

I'm all for scene safety, but once you realize it's a toy truck, the 911 call was BS, and the AD hit an innocent in the leg. Get the damn cuffs off him.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:27:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Person with a gun threatening suicide.

I got to be ready to shoot this guy so that he can't kill himself!

Cuevas said he didn’t know who the officer was aiming at when he struck Kinsey.

Was he aiming at the autistic guy and missed? Wouldn't be the first time someone was shot for non-compliance.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:28:04 PM EDT
[#33]
yeah, well the guy in France used a truck too!
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#34]
oh joy...........I'm seeing this story more and more in feeds.

How the fuck isn't the full video out yet?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:37:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's been on the news all day.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:37:58 PM EDT
[#36]
If the police don't tighten it up they are not going to like the legislative response.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:40:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Well, I guess we won't get a full video any time soon.  Here are a few bullet point thoughts from some guy on the Internet who used to investigate police shootings:

- A video is a two-dimensional representation of the three-dimensional world, shot from one point in space. That point in space is usually not from the shooter's point of view.  The video can later be enhanced, zoomed, played in slow motion, and played over and over thousands of times.  Being involved in the situation in real time affords none of those things.

- The caller intentionally or accidentally exaggerated the autistic guy's capabilities (has a gun).  Callers do this to speed up police response to otherwise less serious requests for service. This happens quite frequently and has been determined to be a contributing factor in many shootings.

- The shooter's distance from the two in the street can't be determined from the video.  The nearest officer appears to have been about 25-30 yards away behind the telephone pole.  This might have been close enough to see that the silver toy truck was not a gun, and might have been close enough to hear his comments about his role in the incident and that the autistic guy had a toy truck.

- Although the crucial portion of the video is missing, it appears that there was no reason to have fired at either man.  The shooting has every indication of being unintentional.  An officer (unknown if it was the shooter) told the man he didn't know why he had been shot.

- Many factors could have led to this event - poor training, a poor preforming officer, a miscommunication between officers, a severe adrenaline dump, fear, a sudden unexpected movement by either man, etc.

- The shooting will likely cost the shooter his career.  Prosecution for a crime (as detailed by FLAL1A above) is possible.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Very off subject but just imagine all the good that could have come from BLM using actual incidents when cops really fucked up and not being a terrorist organization.  No reasonable person can deny that their are times that cops really fuck up or their are dirty cops.  I honestly believe it is rare, but their are changes that need to happen that hold officers appropriately accountable within a reasonable amount of time.

But what we have are conditions where officers are rightfully jumpy as hell when confronting anyone that MIGHT be wanting to harm them, creating an atmosphere that promotes innocent people getting hurt and adding fuel to the fire.

Almost as if this were the plan all along.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:42:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
If the police don't tighten it up they are not going to like the legislative response.
View Quote

no one but the libs will
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Well, I guess we won't get a full video any time soon.  Here are a few bullet point thoughts from some guy on the Internet who used to investigate police shootings:

- A video is a two-dimensional representation of the three-dimensional world, shot from one point in space. That point in space is usually not from the shooter's point of view.  The video can later be enhanced, zoomed, played in slow motion, and played over and over thousands of times.  Being involved in the situation in real time affords none of those things.

- The caller intentionally or accidentally exaggerated the autistic guy's capabilities (has a gun).  Callers do this to speed up police response to otherwise less serious requests for service. This happens quite frequently and has been determined to be a contributing factor in many shootings.

- The shooter's distance from the two in the street can't be determined from the video.  The nearest officer appears to have been about 25-30 yards away behind the telephone pole.  This might have been close enough to see that the silver toy truck was not a gun, and might have been close enough to hear his comments about his role in the incident and that the autistic guy had a toy truck.

- Although the crucial portion of the video is missing, it appears that there was no reason to have fired at either man.  The shooting has every indication of being unintentional.  An officer (unknown if it was the shooter) told the man he didn't know why he had been shot.

- Many factors could have led to this event - poor training, a poor preforming officer, a miscommunication between officers, a severe adrenaline dump, fear, a sudden unexpected movement by either man, etc.

- The shooting will likely cost the shooter his career.  Prosecution for a crime (as detailed by FLAL1A above) is possible.
View Quote

Also, I'm sure there is some psychology behind believing what you see is something that it is not, when you are told that you will be seeing that something that it is not

"I am told to see a gun. I see something. It must be the gun."

We know that anti-gunners have made 911 calls with the exploitation of this in mind - to immediately escalate interactions between officers and civilians with firearms with negative consequences.
There needs to be some accountability for these types of calls/claims

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

How the fuck isn't the full video out yet?
View Quote

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought there were two short vids captured by bystanders.  They captured the before and after, but no one caught the actual shooting.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:57:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:58:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Looks like a bad shoot to me, let's see if more video shows up.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#44]

Can we get subtitles for the Chief?

ETA: Nice hat.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:03:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Skip to 4:49 for the good part.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:04:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Very off subject but just imagine all the good that could have come from BLM using actual incidents when cops really fucked up and not being a terrorist organization.  No reasonable person can deny that their are times that cops really fuck up or their are dirty cops.  I honestly believe it is rare, but their are changes that need to happen that hold officers appropriately accountable within a reasonable amount of time.

But what we have are conditions where officers are rightfully jumpy as hell when confronting anyone that MIGHT be wanting to harm them, creating an atmosphere that promotes innocent people getting hurt and adding fuel to the fire.

Almost as if this were the plan all along.

View Quote

Good point.  Honestly, if BLM stuck to a message of holding bad cops accountable and treating the civilian population with respect, then I'd likely support them (also if their name was changed to something a little more inclusive).  But theyve gone down this route of craziness that is just a white-hating anti-cop nonsense.  It's unfortunate that all this effort is going into such a shitty group when it could be redirected for something more positive.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:04:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The critical difference being in one case the gun was intentionally pointed at someone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, that happens all the time. Father killed his son recently. No charges.

The critical difference being in one case the gun was intentionally pointed at someone.

That's kindof a big difference.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best info in this thread thus far.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#49]

"THIS ONE WASN'T ON US!!"    -    

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:26:50 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Geez.... that's funny and sad at the same time
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top