BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Shame he did not use any.  People need to quit trying to equate what happened in Rhodesia and RSA to the civil rights movement in America.  Tribalism is a vicious thing and thats what RSA and Rhodesia have been experencing . Unchecked tribalism thanks to communists and bleeding hearts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was a terrible, unsustainable system and it was doomed to fail. Whites living in RSA now are reaping the harvest their ancestors sewed. Not morally but actually.
GTFO with your common sense.

Shame he did not use any.  People need to quit trying to equate what happened in Rhodesia and RSA to the civil rights movement in America.  Tribalism is a vicious thing and thats what RSA and Rhodesia have been experencing . Unchecked tribalism thanks to communists and bleeding hearts.

Not only do I have some common sense... I have been to Africa.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was a terrible, unsustainable system and it was doomed to fail. Whites living in RSA now are reaping the harvest their ancestors sewed. Not morally but actually.

I spent a year in Sudan so I imagine I have a pretty damn good lens on what tribalism looks like.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I spent a year in Sudan so I imagine I have a pretty damn good lens on what tribalism looks like.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are those who say the Boers are Africa's white tribe.

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There are those who say the Boers are Africa's white tribe.

View Quote

Those  crazy Dutch and the British settling the area and civilizing it.

The best thing that ever happened to Africa was European colonization .  Mandela, Mugabe and a whole host of others across the continent have proved what happens when someone else is at the wheel.

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 6:52:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Sudan isn't much like Southern Africa.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 7:27:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I lived in Joburg for a total of three  months in the 90s.

My sense is that if the Dutch, Germans and English had never established themselves there, it would have always been what it has now become.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah south africa has more infrastructure , they both have a bunch of tribal savages.  I have little doubt that they will be more alike than not given a little more time. The current governance model has worked swimingly well.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah south africa has more infrastructure , they both have a bunch of tribal savages.  I have little doubt that they will be more alike than not given a little more time. The current governance model has worked swimingly well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People are tribal everywhere. Even in the west. That's hardly the most important distinction here.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 8:10:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

this exactly. I lived in Johannesburg from 89 to 99 and my experiences mirror these.

to add, I fell in love with a Colored girl (mulatto) from Cape Town. After we were married I had to get permission from the written police chief and written permission from my landlord to let her move into my apartment. she has stories that mirror  40's or 50's America.  riding at the back of the bus (or the upstairs on double-deckers), seperate drinking fountains, etc. she struggled for a long time about her self worth after being told that she was worthless by society.

that said, the "death by 1000" cuts is accurate, and we have family in SA, but would never go back now. it's so out of hand.
for my entire time there, we both concealed carried. I couldn't imagine going out without a gun. my understanding is that now that's not much of an option and if I went back, I'd likely not be allowed to carry. I wouldn't want to have to explain to an SA court why I shot a black man today either.

Mandela isn't the saint people make him out to be, but the ANC was surprisingly decent as long as he was strong enough to run it. that said "eating the seed corn" sums up SA under mandela and now, but now they're starting to see the results of it.

what a shame, because it was an absolutely amazing place to live. threats of violence aside.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My wife was born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa, in a wealthy white suburb called Houghton. She lived in a huge mansion with a pool and a tennis court, and eight foot walls around the entire home. They had black servants who lived with them, cooked and cleaned for them. They lived in a run down, leaky little house in a remote part of the back yard, cut off from the rest of the house.

The black servants used to steal anything not nailed down, so she became used to locking her bedroom door, and keeping her own room clean. In the kitchen, cupboards were locked as well, because they would steal sugar to make booze, and steal meat to eat as well. But they did prepare food for them, and looked after my wife as well. There was a mentally ill boy next door, who once tried to lure my wife away from the yard, and it was the family servants that protected her from him and chased him off.

Blacks had to be off the streets by six PM in the cities, they could be arrested for anything, including not carrying their passbooks. They were routinely beaten or shot for any reason or no reason at all. My wife's mother often had to go bail them out for minor infractions, and while there, the police treated her mother like shit. South Africa was a police state, make no mistake. Blacks were treated terribly, but whites could  face the wrath of the government as well.

Growing up, there wasn't much TV there. They allowed some shows like the Brady Bunch, The Love Boat and everyone loved Dallas. Much of television was broadcast in Afrikaans, so if you didn't learn to speak Afrikaans, you were going to miss out on a lot.

My wife was very fond of the blacks who served them. She used to eat out in the back yard with them, often preferring the tribal food they made for themselves to the food they prepared for her family. When their gardener Sampson got sick, my wife's family paid for his hospital care. It turned out he was diabetic. And his family came visiting in the hospital and brought him a 2 liter of Coke. It was hopeless, they couldn't get them to understand what it meant to be diabetic. Poor Sampson did not last long.

My wife said the blacks there tended to be very close to the families they served, and they had worked out their plan for when the revolution came. Since  they could never hurt the families they served, they would instead go kill their neighbors, and the neighbor's would come over to kill their family. The whites there lived in constant fear of being wiped out by the blacks, and that is why they continued to support the apartheid regime.

My wife went to a Catholic school where they taught against apartheid, but it was an all white school. By the time she was sixteen, the mood in the country had become so dangerous, they decided to leave the country. They sold their home and moved to the US.

Looking back, she says the abuse and torture the blacks of South Africa endured was appalling, and she is surprised there was no revolution. In 1994 when FW DeKlerk finally dismantled apartheid, she expected mass retaliations. And for sure, there have been retaliations, but not on the level she expected. The bloody revolution never came. But the whites are now suffering a slower death by a thousand cuts, as crime has spiraled out of control. My wife's sister, who still lives in Johannesburg, lives in a home surrounded by walls, in a neighborhood again surrounded by walls, with armed guards at every entrance. Home invasions are common, and when they come it isn't just to steal. They rape and then murder as well. The bloody revolution is here, it's just in slow motion, one family at a time.

this exactly. I lived in Johannesburg from 89 to 99 and my experiences mirror these.

to add, I fell in love with a Colored girl (mulatto) from Cape Town. After we were married I had to get permission from the written police chief and written permission from my landlord to let her move into my apartment. she has stories that mirror  40's or 50's America.  riding at the back of the bus (or the upstairs on double-deckers), seperate drinking fountains, etc. she struggled for a long time about her self worth after being told that she was worthless by society.

that said, the "death by 1000" cuts is accurate, and we have family in SA, but would never go back now. it's so out of hand.
for my entire time there, we both concealed carried. I couldn't imagine going out without a gun. my understanding is that now that's not much of an option and if I went back, I'd likely not be allowed to carry. I wouldn't want to have to explain to an SA court why I shot a black man today either.

Mandela isn't the saint people make him out to be, but the ANC was surprisingly decent as long as he was strong enough to run it. that said "eating the seed corn" sums up SA under mandela and now, but now they're starting to see the results of it.

what a shame, because it was an absolutely amazing place to live. threats of violence aside.

Lol, I had to do a double take and make sure we were still talking about SA.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 8:10:30 PM EDT
[#10]
A younger black kid I work with ( hates libs with a passion) and his friend are planning a trip to SA, I've warned him against it for his own safety.
He jokes that since he is black he will be safer then me, but after telling him what happens there daily to both whites and blacks he is changing his plans to no go there but to some of the other countries and stay in the guarded areas that are somewhat more safe.

His travel buddy thinks I'm crazy and "racist" and am jealous of them going to see the world and have fun, I told him I'll make sure I include that line when I speak at his funeral.
I tried to break it down that it would be like me walking with him down the south side of Chicago but with 90% more chance of being killed, most likely I'm going to have my SA buddies talk to them and tell him how it is.

Africa is a beautiful place but it's also a crime ridden shithole and everything wants to kill you
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Men crave freedom over safety. If I lived under apartheid, I'd have to revolt.

I imagine if black people came and took over my Normandy, and treated whites like Afrikaaners treated blacks, I'd need to kill them all including their children and expel them from my land. Even if it meant regressing to tribal Gaul style huts and intervillage fighting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Despite the racist societal model, South Africans (black and white) were safer under Apartheid. (the later part of that sentence is a direct quote from a native African)

Men crave freedom over safety. If I lived under apartheid, I'd have to revolt.

I imagine if black people came and took over my Normandy, and treated whites like Afrikaaners treated blacks, I'd need to kill them all including their children and expel them from my land. Even if it meant regressing to tribal Gaul style huts and intervillage fighting.

Behold the power of myth.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Africa is a whole fucking continent with hundreds of ethnic groups and 700m people.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 8:23:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

People are tribal everywhere. Even in the west. That's hardly the most important distinction here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The west has less savages.  Anyone that argues for that type of democracy does not love liberty.  Remind me again how that democracy worked for South Africa and Rhodesia?  

Oh Never Mind I got that memo already. Ask people living in the current Zimbabwe what they would prefer to have given the choice now. I bet they would love to have the Rhodesian Front back in charge.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Africa is a whole fucking continent with hundreds of ethnic groups and 700m people.
View Quote

A vast continent with way too little water concentrated in a way to ensure perpetual war.

Technology is the only way out.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

A vast continent with way too little water concentrated in a way to ensure perpetual war.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smallpox laced antiretrovirals.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 8:36:16 PM EDT
[#16]
South Africa had, and still has, a large problem with illegal immigration.  Yes, even under apartheid there were Africans moving there for a life better than what they were leaving behind.  Apartheid was terrible in many ways but it was better than many other African nations.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 9:23:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I was born in SA, my parents were born in SA and so were there parents as far back as we can recall.

My grandfather was Jan Viljoen, and a boer elephant hunter who to basically took Livingston to the Victoria Falls which Livingston claimed for the Queen and named.

In 1996 I left South Africa and now live in the USA.

There was an Anglo-Boer was in 1899-1902 (Englis vs Boers) and my family was placed in a concentration camp, farms burned to the ground and starved. After that the boers (Afrikaans) and English hated each other and still do to this day. You can not go to a bar without having a physical fight with someone, so the bar scene was out. Always a fight.

I grew up during apartheid in South Africa, I went to a white English school since my grandparents married English husbands, we spoke English and our second language was Afrikaans.

Afrikaans people went to Afrikaans School, their second language was English.

Black people went to black schools. Today there are 11 official languages for the various tribes. Zulu and Xhosa being the main tribes, who, also hate each other and do not work well together in a team.

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#18]
All while males at 16 years old, who were not in school or post school studies (Universities) were conscripted into the armed forces, trained and went to defend the borders.

The ANC and the SACP  (South African Communist Parity) formed an alliance and started a campaign to terror, setting off bombs and blowing up people and stuff. Nelson Mandela was a terrorist. His wife Winnie set people alight with a tire and gasoline, called a "necklace" in their intimidation of the black folks.

We had black servants and black employees, they were paid decently and provided with meals and living place. Not a mansion, but much meter that their mud huts and sand floor.  

Meanwhile the whole world, including the USA imposed trade sanctions against South Africa to end apartheid.

Once apartheid ended the world turned their back on the county and it went to hell. The ANC has been in power since 1994 and are corrupt to the core, the worst being the current president who used millions of taxpayer month to refurbish his private residence, build a swimming pool that he called a "fire pool" to put out a fire and chicken and cattle pens. His corruption goes even further with the Gupta family who have been awarded huge government contracts.

The local black population and everyone on general are worse off now that during apartheid. Rampant unemployment. Crime. Corruption, Murder. Car hi-jackings.  House breaking. Theft are all daily occurences, and everyone has been affected. Huge armed, gated communities, electrified fences, walls, razor wire. Its a dump now.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I visited Johannesberg and Durban in 1998 and have been doing business with South African companies since.  

It's not unusual to know someone who was murdered while at work.

Criminals are opportunist, not racist the way we would define them.  A white person left dead in the street missing his shoes was Kiilled for his car and shoes, not because he is white.  

Blacks were called "N******" but I'm not sure if they still use this term.  It' was crazy to hear a white guy call a black "N*******" right to his face and the black guy was ok with it!  

Everyone was racist but nobody knew it.  Weird.

I met actual Zulus which was pretty cool.
I  had an unforgettable discussion with a white guy who said the problem with South Africa was they didn't " Kill our n****** the way we Anericans killed their Indians".  .   Said with a straight face.  

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 10:24:14 PM EDT
[#20]
And he's right. The US wiped out the majority of the native populations. The Trail of Tears ring a bell? If bullets and starvation didn't do it. European illnesses like small poxs and measles did.

The second issue was that there was a massive migration of Black Sub-Saharans flooding into SA since it was economically vibrant and had a better standard of living and wealth.

Mankind has advanced because societies have advanced. The weaker ones are pushed aside and killed. Simple as that.

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 10:34:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Thats ok, now the Cameroons, Guenians, Guyanans,Seirre Leons are illegally entering the country, claiming Asylum.

And the Nigerian Princes with them.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 2:08:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I visited Johannesberg and Durban in 1998 and have been doing business with South African companies since.  
It's not unusual to know someone who was murdered while at work.
Criminals are opportunist, not racist the way we would define them.  A white person left dead in the street missing his shoes was Kiilled for his car and shoes, not because he is white.  
Blacks were called "N******" but I'm not sure if they still use this term.  It' was crazy to hear a white guy call a black "N*******" right to his face and the black guy was ok with it!  
Everyone was racist but nobody knew it.  Weird.
I met actual Zulus which was pretty cool.

I  had an unforgettable discussion with a white guy who said the problem with South Africa was they didn't " Kill our n****** the way we Anericans killed their Indians".  .   Said with a straight face.  

View Quote

I once had the same conversation with an Australian regarding their Aborigines.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:48:28 PM EDT
[#23]
SA should have partitioned rather than integrated, more akin to the Israeli-Palestinian situation.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
SA should have partitioned rather than integrated, more akin to the Israeli-Palestinian situation.
View Quote

That's what grand apartheid was about. Note how the same people on the Left who railed against SA also rail against Israel, saying they have apartheid. Partition simply was never going to happen given the forces that prevailed.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 4:32:10 PM EDT
[#25]
My daughter does BJJ with some SA kids. Their grandad is a Johannesburg survivor. He is in perpetual disbelief that Americans want to cater to destructive minorities that contribute far less than they destroy, and doesn't understand why people don't look to SA to see what "reparations realized" look like.

Its an interesting perspective for sure.

But i don't care about it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'd have contagion in Europe inside a week.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go on
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you used the wrong word. You didn't mean contagion. You meant vaccines.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 6:17:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Elections occurred this past Wednesday in South Africa and today the results still aren't in but so far the commies are not doing well.

ANC loses Nelson Mandela Bay

South Africa's ANC loses in Zuma's scandal-tinged hometown

ANC loses Nkandla council‚ but holds onto ward seat

DA's Zille celebrates 'huge' win as ANC loses Kouga

Opinion poll predicts SA's ANC could lose major urban areas

Link Posted: 8/5/2016 6:25:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Tag for after work.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 7:00:47 AM EDT
[#31]
I have a friend in South Africa that I met playing Elder Scrolls Online named Ruhan.
Ruhan is a 29 year old white male and he's a lawyer as well as city councilman in this city.
He's a politician for the Democratic Alliance party that speaks out against the ANC
He says he actually respects Mandela for what he did but acknowledges that it unintentionally paved the way for the ANC thugs to follow in his foot steps.
Ruhan speaks English quite well but his native language (which he speaks when he's angry) is Afrikaans.
He said most South Africans are encouraged to watch American TV because it teaches them to speak English.
Apparently the ANC's message to whites being attacked in South Africa is "if you don't like it get the fuck out"
He said he's been randomly attacked 4 times in his life and the last one who climbed in his bedroom window at night "won't be reproducing any time soon"

EDIT: this thread is just missing one thing...

Link Posted: 8/5/2016 7:50:28 AM EDT
[#32]
DA is supposedly kicking ass in the election.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top