Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/31/2016 11:03:00 PM EDT
The other Five Guys thread got me thinking... are the Five Guys on the East Coast better than the other locations?

This poll will in no way prove anything... but I'm still curious.

I'm a (Western) Virginia boy by birth... but have lived in or near NoVA for over a decade... and I think Five Guys makes the best burgers you can get outside of homemade. A lot of people on the interwebs disagree.

Poll incoming!

Here's a link to the other thread... for the record: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1894358_I_went_to_5_Guys_today.html
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:03:44 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTP

and yes
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:04:39 PM EDT
[#2]
The one in ST. George UT is very forgettable.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:05:23 PM EDT
[#3]
No.  The burgers are OK, Steak and Shake is better in my opinion.  The "fries" are nothing but a sack of grease with something that appears to be potato in amongst them.  Pure, unadulterated shit.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:05:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I ate at the st George one and thought it was the same as all the others. Good.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#5]
They ain't the end all be all, but I'll divert to them for lunch once in a while.  I prefer the Cajun fries. I didn't need them putting up a store 5min from my old apartment, though.

In n out, five guys, steak and shake, good times, I'm an equal opportunity fatty.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:05:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Love it, IBTP
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:06:12 PM EDT
[#7]
IBTP

Over rated.
Culver's is better.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Out here in Los Angeles; they're nothing worth paying more for than In-and-Out, and I am NOT a fan/devotee of In-and-Out like many Los Angelenos.

I am burger-and-fried out.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:06:58 PM EDT
[#9]
What they sell, I can make at home.

So...no.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:07:54 PM EDT
[#10]
they're okay
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:10:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Why, do they use a different bun on the east coast? They will never be in the running for best burger, as long as they use that shitty bun.  Even McDonalds had a better bun than them for a while, when they had the Angus burger (gone now).
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:10:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I think they're tasty but not the be all end all.    The only problem I have is if you eat in when you leave you smell of grease.

We have a local chain here that is better.  David's Burgers.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:11:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
they're okay
View Quote

Exactly.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:11:55 PM EDT
[#14]
....not for what it costs.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:12:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:12:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Out here in Los Angeles; they're nothing worth paying more for than In-and-Out, and I am NOT a fan/devotee of In-and-Out like many Los Angelenos.

I am burger-and-fried out.
View Quote

I've never understood In-and-Out either... the times I've been in California/Oregon/Washington, people always take me there... and I'd rather have Wendy's!

Someone needs to write their master's thesis on this... "Hamburger Bias as a Function of Geographic Location".
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:12:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
....not for what it costs.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:13:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I like them every once in awhile, as a change of pace.

They sure are proud of them, though.

If the "little" cheeseburger, fries, and a drink runs you $12.........you might just be a few dollars over your ideal price point.

I can get a better burger for less money, for sure, I do like malt vinegar on my fries.......
View Quote

Are you Canadian or British?  Those are the only people I've know who vinegar on fries.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:13:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I eat there from time to time.

I like it. I really like mushrooms on a hamburger.

Prefer it over In & Out. I imagine I will be electronically crucified for saying that.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:14:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I've never had it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:14:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Never heard of it until today.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:14:46 PM EDT
[#23]
I've had the five guys burger in Norfolk, VA and in San Diego, CA.  In SD, In-N-Out is far superior, and cheaper.   The one I tried in Norfolk was better than the rest of the fast food burger competitors, but costs more.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:15:15 PM EDT
[#24]
I prefer my fries completely cooked.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:16:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I love how they give you 5lbs of fries..
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#27]
They're okay. Nothing to rave about.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:20:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Decent, but overpriced and over-rated.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:22:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Eastern time zone resident, and I go there about 2x a year.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:22:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:22:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Why, do they use a different bun on the east coast? They will never be in the running for best burger, as long as they use that shitty bun.  Even McDonalds had a better bun than them for a while, when they had the Angus burger (gone now).
View Quote

They change the bun?   I've had 5 guys in Virginia,  Georgia,  and Colorado.   So far all the same.   How at they different from pace to place?

I've made some pretty great Bad Daddy's burgers, though.  Sadly they normally put them next to movie theaters so I get sent to a food coma during the flick.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:23:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They change the bun?   I've had 5 guys in Virginia,  Georgia,  and Colorado.   So far all the same.   How at they different from pace to place?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where in VA?
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:23:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I tried it at a fish and chips place, and got hooked.
Why do you think they have a dozen bottles of Malt Vinegar next to the ketchup at 5 Guys?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like them every once in awhile, as a change of pace.

They sure are proud of them, though.

If the "little" cheeseburger, fries, and a drink runs you $12.........you might just be a few dollars over your ideal price point.

I can get a better burger for less money, for sure, I do like malt vinegar on my fries.......

Are you Canadian or British?  Those are the only people I've know who vinegar on fries.

I tried it at a fish and chips place, and got hooked.
Why do you think they have a dozen bottles of Malt Vinegar next to the ketchup at 5 Guys?

For visiting Canadians and British people?  

I eat them like that when I order from a "chip truck" in Ontario, but that's the only time.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:24:33 PM EDT
[#34]
I've eaten at 2 or 3 of them in PA.  I really enjoy their food.  However,  they are too expensive to be considered for more than "every once in a while".

I have a way back burger close by too.  They are good  but not quite as good as 5 guys and they are both pretty close in price.

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:25:01 PM EDT
[#35]
They are all around me but I've never been to one.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:25:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Where in VA?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where in VA?

Norfolk, on base.  Grabbing a bite before hitting the tug to catch a Boat.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:26:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

For now, I'm going to assume the shitty bun you brought up, is the one I love... It gets all soaked up with flavor, lol!

I don't much care for burger buns that stay dry the whole time you eat it... unnatural!

edit: drive -> dry... fucking phone
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:28:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where in VA?

I've ridden a tug out of Norfolk Naval to catch a boat myself! Cheers man!
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:28:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Over rated
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:29:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

For now, I'm going to assume the shitty bun you brought up, is the one I love... It gets all soaked up with flavor, lol!

I don't much care for burger buns that stay drive the whole time you eat it... unnatural!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't much care for burger buns that stay drive the whole time you eat it... unnatural!

It looks and tastes like it was made in a factory, two weeks before.  The best burgers have a fresh gourmet bun that was made on site, or comes fresh from a local bakery every morning.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:31:02 PM EDT
[#41]
FiveGuys was probably the most disappointing dining experience I've had, to be honest.

I heard about all of the hype, so when they opened I went within the first week or so.  It was totally disgusting.  0/10, would not recommend.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:32:28 PM EDT
[#42]
It's not bad. I like the fries pretty good.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:32:37 PM EDT
[#43]
I always go there right before my cholesterol test.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:35:40 PM EDT
[#44]
It's not bad, but there's better options for the same money.  I'd rather have Freddy's, Culver's or my new favorite, Colton's.  It's a half pound burger and there's side options other than fries.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:36:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Overpriced
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:36:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Ok but overpriced.  Two burgers, one order of fries, two sodas, $20?  for fast food?  Burgers were ok
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:36:46 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

The other Five Guys thread got me thinking... are the Five Guys on the East Coast better than the other locations?

This poll will in no way prove anything... but I'm still curious.

I'm a (Western) Virginia boy by birth... but have lived in or near NoVA for over a decade... and I think Five Guys makes the best burgers you can get outside of homemade. A lot of people on the interwebs disagree.

Poll incoming!

Here's a link to the other thread... for the record: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1894358_I_went_to_5_Guys_today.html
View Quote
Seems like out west people hate 5guys, but somehow Carl's stays in business?

Carl's Jr was easily the worst burger I ever had.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:38:40 PM EDT
[#48]
pole is broke... OP thinks everyone is in DC?
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:39:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Houlihans.

They only have 5-6 locations, but the one near me makes a damned good burger.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:41:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I always go there right before my cholesterol test.
View Quote

Shouldn't that be right after the test?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top