Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/11/2016 9:30:13 AM EDT
The Obama administration has denied a bid by two Democratic governors to reconsider how it treats marijuana under federal drug control laws, keeping the drug for now, at least, in the most restrictive category for U.S. law enforcement purposes.

Drug Enforcement Administration chief Chuck Rosenberg says the decision is rooted in science. Rosenberg gave "enormous weight" to conclusions by the Food and Drug Administration that marijuana has "no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States," and by some measures, it remains highly vulnerable to abuse as the most commonly used illicit drug across the nation.

"This decision isn't based on danger. This decision is based on whether marijuana, as determined by the FDA, is a safe and effective medicine," he said, "and it's not."

http://www.npr.org/2016/08/10/489509471/dea-rejects-attempt-to-loosen-federal-restrictions-on-marijuana

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:32:37 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah, pot is in the same league as heroin

gotta keep drug warriors employed
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:32:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Weed is worse than meth?

Nailed it, government.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:34:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
There's the bottom line.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:34:40 AM EDT
[#5]
dupeeeeeeee
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:35:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm honestly surprised that list holds any value in any sort of legal capacity. Oxycoten is safer than mj? Heroine the same level. Come on.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Gotta protect the people from themselves.    More retardation from your government, although I'm honestly a bit surprised given Zero's stance so far.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I never realized how fucking stupid that list is.....
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There's the bottom line.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's the bottom line.  

Quoted for truth man!
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#10]
¡¡¡Reúne putanas de Post!!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:43:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Marijuana is worse than Cocaine

So when will they classify tobacco as a Schedule 1 drug? Has no medical use and a extremely high potential for abuse with severe physical dependence.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:49:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There's the bottom line.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's the bottom line.  

Way to many "JOBS" on the line for any common sense rules these days. Lots of folks on ar15.com way of life depend on continued parasitic actions on the behalf of our government.

Let them eat cake.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:51:06 AM EDT
[#13]
In other news: Drug War is still a failed campaign, our Federal gov't sucks, and fuck Obama
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:52:01 AM EDT
[#14]
The problem is that if they had moved out on the schedule they would then have needed to regulate it. That would have moved resources from the DEA to the FDA. If they leave it on Schedule 1, they still get the money for "enforcement," even though they aren't actually spending the money in certain States. If the trends continue they will basically stop enforcing MJ laws, but will still get the budget to do so. Sweet deal.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:53:29 AM EDT
[#15]
This is all done so that Hillary finally has something to get votes. Brilliant, Bernie voters will be falling at her feet now.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:54:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Drugs won the war on drugs, the Feds need to start negotiating a surrender on the best terms they can get.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:55:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I never realized how fucking stupid that list is.....
View Quote

This.

Never heard of a pothead sucking dick for a joint.

I've heard of pothead chicks sucking dick after getting high, but they were gonna suck that dick regardless.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#18]
I blame the Puritans.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:55:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Don't care.

Pot Needle Pie.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#20]
yay for the .gov saving us from ourselves while stripping our rights away and shitting on the constitution.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The Obama administration has denied a bid by two Democratic governors to reconsider how it treats marijuana under federal drug control laws, keeping the drug for now, at least, in the most restrictive category for U.S. law enforcement purposes.

Drug Enforcement Administration chief Chuck Rosenberg says the decision is rooted in science. Rosenberg gave "enormous weight" to conclusions by the Food and Drug Administration that marijuana has "no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States," and by some measures, it remains highly vulnerable to abuse as the most commonly used illicit drug across the nation.

"This decision isn't based on danger. This decision is based on whether marijuana, as determined by the FDA, is a safe and effective medicine," he said, "and it's not."

http://www.npr.org/2016/08/10/489509471/dea-rejects-attempt-to-loosen-federal-restrictions-on-marijuana

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/573b94ab52bcd029008c3779-1200-1285/bi-graphics_drug-scheduling-chart.png
View Quote

Love how they say the decision isn't based on danger of the drug, but the definition of the class 1 schedule says that those drugs are the most dangerous.

Give me a break.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:00:05 AM EDT
[#22]

I'll have a coke.   The liquid kind.   Actually a diet one please.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:00:20 AM EDT
[#23]
By those definitions alcohol should be a Schedule 1 controlled substance.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:01:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Let me channel Alex Jones, "it big Pharma and big Prison at work here".
But not to sound too paranoid, there are big players at work here (DEA, private prisons and the Drug companies) who do not want to see the Chronic( as the kids call it)
to be rescheduled. It is coming up for state legalization here in NV in the fall and I'm leaning  towards voting "yes".

Dave
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:01:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Get that kind of logic out of here!
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:02:54 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote
so should Tobacco. Odd that it took an amendment to the constitution to ban Alcohol but the .gov now just does whatever the fuck it wants.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#27]
It's economics. They make a lot of money off putting people in jail for weed.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Good god what a money pit.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:05:57 AM EDT
[#30]
At this point what difference does it make?
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

http://67.media.tumblr.com/7860aa18a1086834a05942dcc486c8cc/tumblr_n218vvbOsu1so2h9go1_1280.jpg

View Quote
good to see you have no problem with the government wasting a significant portion of your tax dollars on something pointless.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Weed is worse than meth?

Nailed it, government.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#33]
The more stuff they can keep "ultra illegal" the more money they make on raids and asset seizure.

They have no interest in making society more free.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:09:00 AM EDT
[#34]
How many people have become dependent to LSD? WTF?
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:09:11 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

The more stuff they can keep "ultra illegal" the more money they make on raids and asset seizure.

View Quote
All the more reason to throw as many of the fucks out of office as possible.

I hope Trump runs as pro legalization.  "I'll legalize pot when Obama wouldn't!"
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#36]
I hope the DEA employees don't get too drunk celebrating this decision.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:09:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

No conflict of interest there. None.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:10:26 AM EDT
[#38]
The love of money is the most dangerous drug. Just ask the DEA.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't even have to go that far.

If the DEA gets 10% of their budget from marijuana enforcement (Which I would guess is off by a lot) - you really expect them to cut 10% out of their budget on their own?
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If the DEA gets 10% of their budget from marijuana enforcement (Which I would guess is off by a lot) - you really expect them to cut 10% out of their budget on their own?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Ah yes, the classic schedule 1 catch 22. No research shows a medical use, so it's highly restricted. Want to do research on a possible medical use? Can't, it's highly restricted.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
good to see you have no problem with the government wasting a significant portion of your tax dollars on something pointless.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://67.media.tumblr.com/7860aa18a1086834a05942dcc486c8cc/tumblr_n218vvbOsu1so2h9go1_1280.jpg

Thanks.  With ice and a piece of lemon.  

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:15:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Well I guess I'll just sit here and hold my breath until they charge Obama's daughter with illegal use of a schedule I narcotic.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:16:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Link

DEA agents regularly profile train and airline passengers based on their travel records

Federal drug agents regularly mine Americans’ travel information to profile people who might be ferrying money for narcotics traffickers — though they almost never use what they learn to make arrests or build criminal cases.

Instead, that targeting has helped the Drug Enforcement Administration seize a small fortune in cash.

DEA agents have profiled passengers on Amtrak trains and nearly every major U.S. airline, drawing on reports from a network of travel-industry informants that extends from ticket counters to back offices, a USA TODAY investigation has found. Agents assigned to airports and train stations singled out passengers for questioning or searches for reasons as seemingly benign as traveling one-way to California or having paid for a ticket in cash.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:16:11 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Ah yes, the classic schedule 1 catch 22. No research shows a medical use, so it's highly restricted. Want to do research on a possible medical use? Can't, it's highly restricted.
View Quote
and yet half the states have a medical Marijuana program

sometimes the total corruption and incompetence of the .gov surprises me.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:17:27 AM EDT
[#46]
If the bosses of organized crime could have kept prohibition going we'd still have it.

Bit pharma does not want Americans being able to grow pot when psych drugs are a trillion dollar growth industry
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:17:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mena
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Found one, so how much money does your department seize in the glorious fight against the devil weed? You must be proud of all the lives that are saved by making pot Illegal.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
It's economics. They make a lot of money off putting people in jail for weed.
View Quote

And then there is the flip side, how much money they make not putting some people in jail for weed........

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#50]
It's not about controlling drugs.

It is about control though.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top