Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/10/2016 9:25:56 PM EDT
Not the movie, I mean the holiday. Bill Burr had a great joke about going all out and dominating the block on his street for Halloween with full size snicker bars. Do you do anything on October 31st?
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't beat peeps
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 9:31:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Big fan of Bill Burr. Saw him in Philly back in November. Not a very good show.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 9:33:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

He bombed?
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 9:51:56 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He bombed? http://theawesomer.com/photos/2015/12/bill_burr_makes_a_pie_crust_t.jpg

I wouldn't go that far. There were definitely some laughs but the sound was terrible and the new material wasn't near as good as the old stuff. Still a fan though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I give out full sized candy,but also make them do stupid crap to entertain me for it
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:01:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I live in a somewhat isolated area...no trick or treaters.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:06:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Full size spree, Laffy Taffy, and giant chewy sweet tarts.

ETA:  and nerds
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I will place a bowl of Haribo Sugar Free Gummy Bears in my office and on the conference table in the O-lounge.  I have a shipyard kickoff meeting that day.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:20:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I love Halloween.  The one day of the year the MILFs are expected to dress all slutty
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a bag of Brach's Mellowcreme Pumpkins about six inches to the left of this keyboard at this very minute.

Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:23:58 PM EDT
[#11]
The night to sacrifice the little ones on the altar of high fructose corn syrup...
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:25:23 PM EDT
[#12]
The ARFcom of Halloween.

http://www.halloweenforum.com/
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I will place a bowl of Haribo Sugar Free Gummy Bears in my office and on the conference table in the O-lounge.  I have a shipyard kickoff meeting that day.
View Quote

Sarcasm, I detect it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:33:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I put out a jar of candy corn for the past 4-5 years.
Everyone in the office takes some.

and the UPS guy.

I don't even like it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:39:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I wouldn't go that far. There were definitely some laughs but the sound was terrible and the new material wasn't near as good as the old stuff. Still a fan though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He bombed? http://theawesomer.com/photos/2015/12/bill_burr_makes_a_pie_crust_t.jpg

Brian Regan was on Bill's podcast and they both talked about bombing at the start of their careers compared to how it is when they bomb today at the height of their popularity. Funny insight into their world.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I give out full sized candy but also make them do stupid crap to entertain me for it
View Quote
"dance monkey dance"
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:42:04 PM EDT
[#17]
peeps are fucking disgusting
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:55:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I love Halloween.  The one day of the year the MILFs are expected to dress all slutty
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Full size spree, Laffy Taffy, and giant chewy sweet tarts.

ETA:  and nerds
View Quote

Nerds
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:59:51 PM EDT
[#20]

I would like to put those nerds in my mouth
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 11:00:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Cannibal

Link Posted: 9/10/2016 11:03:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I live in a somewhat isolated area...no trick or treaters.
View Quote

Well, on the plus side you don't have to wonder if someone is dressed up as or actually is a robber.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 11:10:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I adopted a stray black kitten last year just before Halloween.

Not sure what I'm doing this year. Probably drinking.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 11:13:43 PM EDT
[#24]
No one has come around for the four years (in Los Angeles). I'm guessing Trick or Treat is a thing of the past. I'll get a bag of something cheap, just in case. But I think we have parties now.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 11:14:23 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't really celebrate Halloween, but I buy candy every year just in case someone shows up.

Since I've lived in my current location, my currently 2 year old niece gets a lot of candy at my house as she's the only one that shows up.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 11:18:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Put out an empty bowl with a sign that says "take one".  Leave.  Nobody does anything because it's the thought that counts
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 11:19:08 PM EDT
[#27]
I cant afford what others spend, 2 people near me did a pretty good one. One darkened the entire front porch with a tent and curtains, and made a small haunted house with fog, and had a bowl of candy inside which drops a huge spider, and they had a few people in costumes jump out. Did not scare me but half the neighborhood girls were screaming like hell.

Another put a poltergeist dummy that moves and lights up by his front door and also had a stand up tent with a real coffin inside filled with candy, but his daughter dressed up and was under all the candy in the coffin and as kids would reach for candy she would either grab their hand or jump up and the kids would go running down the street dropping candy everywhere.  They gave out a few hundred bucks in candy.

I dressed as a fireman last year and walked with my nephew in the neighborhood a few houses were offering adult beverages for the parents.

I pass out candy for a bit, we get 200-300 kids. I guess people know our area gives out good candy cause parents drive their kids from out of the area it seems.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 11:23:18 PM EDT
[#28]
yeah, they say this Halloween is going to have crowds of women demanding Ghostbusters costumes because of the way that the man-hating POS remake empowered women by hating men.

Man hate combined with body fat = SEXY

Link Posted: 9/10/2016 11:24:47 PM EDT
[#29]
I usually try to go all out and decorate the house, and my wife enjoys it as well. To me, it's like opening night for the holiday season, and I really enjoy that. Halloween parties are great too.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 11:28:51 PM EDT
[#30]
A buddy of mine built this costume for him and his baby girl 4 years ago and went viral all over the internet.  I will never come up with an idea to beat this.

My kids are 9 and have no interest in Halloween whatsoever.  Bums me out a bit.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 11:29:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
A buddy of mine built this costume for him and his baby girl 4 years ago and went viral all over the internet.  I will never come up with an idea to beat this.

http://i.imgur.com/0Mh6G.jpg

View Quote

Too much awesome!
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 11:31:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can't go wrong with gummy bears. Sleepy Hollow's Ichabod Crane favorite.  Ferris Bueller's school principal is the only person I can think of who turned a gummy bear down.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 11:50:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

his Philly recording is awesome..
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 11:56:43 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Can't go wrong with gummy bears. Sleepy Hollow's Ichabod Crane favorite.  Ferris Bueller's school principal is the only person I can think of who turned a gummy bear down. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/LVcW2OBN8Zw/hqdefault.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't go wrong with gummy bears. Sleepy Hollow's Ichabod Crane favorite.  Ferris Bueller's school principal is the only person I can think of who turned a gummy bear down. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/LVcW2OBN8Zw/hqdefault.jpg
Trust me, turn down the sugar free gummy bears.

Link Posted: 9/11/2016 12:07:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

never had the sugar free version, really of any kind of food
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 12:15:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://thewvsr.com/epic-fury-the-night-philadelphia-pissed-off-bill-burr/   "I hope the Eagles never win the superbowl"
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 12:17:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Making memories with the kids

Link Posted: 9/11/2016 12:18:30 AM EDT
[#38]
If any of you motherfuckers knock on my door I'm gonna give you the old people yellow candy and a penny...
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 1:44:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The night to sacrifice the little ones on the altar of high fructose corn syrup...
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/11/2016 2:20:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I adopted a stray black kitten last year just before Halloween.

Not sure what I'm doing this year. Probably drinking.
View Quote

Sounds like you're set
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 2:25:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Cannibal  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cannibal  

Link Posted: 9/11/2016 2:40:25 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

https://d1sca6vi4fbl8x.cloudfront.net/media/uploads/2015/10/14/influenster-halloween-candy-map.jpg

Don't tell me that Texas' favorite candy is candy corn. Why does Florida get Crunch bars and Texas gets candy corn? That's bullshit!
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 2:49:04 AM EDT
[#43]
I go all out ! 4-500 kids on Halloween night.........

I run a haunted house on the Jersey shore all summer long.... I never tire of scaring people !

Link Posted: 9/11/2016 3:39:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Don't tell me that Texas' favorite candy is candy corn. Why does Florida get Crunch bars and Texas gets candy corn? That's bullshit!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://d1sca6vi4fbl8x.cloudfront.net/media/uploads/2015/10/14/influenster-halloween-candy-map.jpg

There has to be some tradeoff to offset all the Medicfrost Florida news
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 4:43:54 AM EDT
[#45]
In before mdk89 artman54 comes to tell us Halloween is of the devil
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 5:07:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/0Mh6G.jpg

View Quote

Clever on his part, understandable on yours
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 6:43:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 6:44:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Let's see:

This Halloween, I'll be celebrating my 49th birthday and downing pain meds (2nd elbow surgery in 2 yrs that morning).

PARTY!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 7:00:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bill and Philly don't have the greatest history together.

Link Posted: 9/11/2016 11:32:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Black Sabbath all day long  on Devils Day
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top