Link Posted: 12/16/2016 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Milk Chocolate is just sugar.

Dark Chocolate > Milk Chocolate.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hershey. Born and raised on it and will always be number 1 in my book.
View Quote

out of

Of course if I want chocolate milk I'll take Bosco.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#3]

This guy knows!
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#4]
No one, dark chocolate is the best chocolate.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Was able to pick up a Lindt milk chocolate bar today and it was really good.  My new favorite!  Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Trader Joe's
View Quote

their peanut butter cups are awesome
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#8]

I do all of my chocolate work with this
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:19:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Milk Chocolate is just sugar.

Dark Chocolate > Milk Chocolate.
View Quote

Chocolate flavored sugar.  Delicious.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Ritter Sport is my favorite.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#11]

I have liked all the Ritters that I have tried. 
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Ethel M if you ever hit Vegas, it's M&M/Mars premium line.

They also have a website...

I prefer Dark chocolate my self, Tazo discs, or Callebaut from Amazon.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Galaxy from the UK
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Albert's Ice Cubes chocolate. It literally melts in your mouth, but it is so sensitive to temperature that it's usually only sold in stores in winter in the US. Lindt Milk Chocolate is a close second.

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Halle's Berries
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#16]
http://calderdairy.com/

Thick like mud, chocolate milk should be.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#17]
For the Hershey lovers out there, posting Hershey's is better than Lindt is giving me the same vibe as someone praising their Hipoint over Glock.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Nestle, but good luck actually finding a Nestle milk chocolate bar... all I can find anymore are Crunch bars.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 7:17:22 PM EDT
[#19]
You really need to try Wilbur chocolates.

Made in the USA.

Best chocolate I have had.

Google Wilbur buds.

Txl
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Not very patrician but Milka or Ritter when I can find it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#21]
For a delicious and affordable treat.

"N, E, S, T, L, E, S.   Nestles makes the verrrry best....chocolate."

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've been buying different brands the last few months trying to find my favorite.  I have tried the following:

1.  Cailler
2.  Cadbury
3.  Milka
4.  Scharfen Berger
5.  Hershey
6.  Moser Roth

My two favorite are Cadbury and Milka so far.  They taste nearly identical.

Which brand do I still need to try?
View Quote

Try the Choceur brand from Aldi. Awesome, and way more affordable than the shitty name brands.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
For the Hershey lovers out there, posting Hershey's is better than Lindt is giving me the same vibe as someone praising their Hipoint over Glock.
View Quote

Hershey used to be pretty good, 20 years ago. Then they figured out that waxy palm oil is cheaper than the real ingredients.

That disgusting shit is like eating a brown candle now.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Trick question, OP. Milk chocolate is for babies. Men eat dark chocolate, 60% cocoa minimum.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Byrne Dairy

I am illiterate.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Second this- UK Cadbury is the best and so much better than Hershey Cadbury.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cadbury is very good if it's made in Europe. The U.S. version is made under license by Hershey and noticeable inferior. Also I like Lindt. Godiva is very good but to pricey for me. I'm sure there a ton of European chocolate that I have not tried that are excellent.

Second this- UK Cadbury is the best and so much better than Hershey Cadbury.

Thirded. Real made in the UK Cadbury is excellent, the waxy shit that Hershey's make under license is an abomination. Also someone mentioned Galaxy from the UK (made by Mars I think) and that's a very very close second.

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:56:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Trick question, OP. Milk chocolate is for babies. Men eat dark chocolate, 60% cocoa minimum.
View Quote

Real men just chew on the bark of a pine tree and imagine that the dry, acrid taste is pleasant.

GTFO.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I like the Lindt chocolate, especially the dark like 85%.  Cadbury always tasted funky to me, like there was something in it throwing the taste off.

But the best milk chocolate is:

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:59:41 PM EDT
[#30]
promise land by far. almost as thick as paint.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:02:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:08:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Milk chocolate is meh compared to dark, but I like the foil wrapped chocolate Ice Cubes.  They are German and I used to get them at Karl Ehmer as a kid.  Milka is also OK, but really I'd never buy milk chocolate unless dark wasn't an option.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Albert's Ice Cubes chocolate. It literally melts in your mouth, but it is so sensitive to temperature that it's usually only sold in stores in winter in the US. Lindt Milk Chocolate is a close second.

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/vermontcountrystore//47288_set
View Quote

I'm amazed to see someone else mentioning these!
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/vermontcountrystore//47288_set
View Quote

YES, this stuff is amazing
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:22:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Cadbury is very good if it's made in Europe. The U.S. version is made under license by Hershey and noticeable inferior. Also I like Lindt. Godiva is very good but to pricey for me. I'm sure there a ton of European chocolate that I have not tried that are excellent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This!! On our trip to Grand Cayman I found out just how awesome Cadbury really is when its not made by fucking Hershey.  Worst part was I just grabbed a bar while in the airport on our way out and didn't find out how great it was until we were back in the states.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:25:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Nestle Quik commercial - 1970's/1980's Nesquik Nestlé rabbit
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 1:26:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Try the Choceur brand from Aldi. Awesome, and way more affordable than the shitty name brands.
View Quote
I tried that yesterday.  It was pretty good.  My 5 year old likes it the best.  I like the Lindt now that I have tried it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 1:39:17 AM EDT
[#38]
I've never heard of some of the brands being mentioned but I'll have to be on the lookout. I love the real Cadbury and we used to get a big gift box of Cadbury and other British candy from my Aunts in England every Christmas. I especially loved the Cadbury Flakes and Crunchie bars and they even started selling them in World Market for a few years. Not sure if it's related but it was pretty close to the time that Hershey bought them that they disappeared from World Market.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 1:41:42 AM EDT
[#39]
hahah I thought this was a chocolate milk thread..
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 1:44:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Cadbury for world wide chocolate.  Rittersport as a second
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 1:48:12 AM EDT
[#41]
I wish I could say Hershey's, since I grew up close enough to the original plant to smell roasting day if the wind was right.

Then they started adding their cheap shit ingredients instead of keeping their classics going. I asked my Mom to send me a bag of minatures when I was in Iraq. When she asked how they were, I said the heat ruined them. Something didn't taste quite right. Turns out, it was when they shipped production to Mexico. All of them tasted like shit, except the Mr. Goodbars, which were still made at the main Hershey plant. The whole reason the Milton Hershey built there was due to the high quality of the milk.

Now, most of it tastes like cat shit. If you go to Chocolate World, I swear, they still have some high-quality stuff made there, Symphony bars and Golden Almond Collection, from what I recall.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 2:02:25 AM EDT
[#42]
The Swiss
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 2:10:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This isn't a chocolate milk thread guys.
View Quote

Ovaltine
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 2:13:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This or Dove
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lindtt

This or Dove

Both of those taste weird.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 3:26:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Nestlé's White Chocolate and Kinder Chocolate.....both are from Europe. I have seen the Kinder chocolate in the states. Much different chocolate compared to say a Hershey's chocolate bar.

Toblerone is also an excellent chocolate as well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 3:58:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The Swiss
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The Swiss

Other than Lindt, what else is available from Switzerland? I haven't seen any other swiss brands regularly available in the US.

Lindt's milk chocolate Lindor truffles are pretty good. Pop one in your mouth and when the outer shell melts, the truffle filling is like a chocolate explosion.

Quoted:
I wish I could say Hershey's, since I grew up close enough to the original plant to smell roasting day if the wind was right.

Then they started adding their cheap shit ingredients instead of keeping their classics going. I asked my Mom to send me a bag of minatures when I was in Iraq. When she asked how they were, I said the heat ruined them. Something didn't taste quite right. Turns out, it was when they shipped production to Mexico. All of them tasted like shit, except the Mr. Goodbars, which were still made at the main Hershey plant. The whole reason the Milton Hershey built there was due to the high quality of the milk.

Now, most of it tastes like cat shit. If you go to Chocolate World, I swear, they still have some high-quality stuff made there, Symphony bars and Golden Almond Collection, from what I recall.

Dollar General occasionally has Symphony bars and they're still decent. Just be sure to check the expiration date on any food you buy at DG, especially candy.

Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:02:57 AM EDT
[#47]
I have to vote for Dove, best I've tasted.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 9:36:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Cadbury's & dove dark nuggets
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top