Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/11/2017 3:00:26 PM EDT
I was hanging out at the LGS yesterday waiting for the cleaners to finish at my house and one of the guys said "you've got to see this" goes in the back and brings out an STI case. Since it was an STI case if figured it wasn't going to be anything I hadn't seen before. Then he opened it. 

Inside was the most engraved 1911 I had ever seen, it was like something a Mexican drug lord would have in a movie. If it was all done by hand it was amazing, nothing I would but but still amazing. (I'm assuming it was machine work though)

So we started talking about how much it probably cost, one young guy was guessing 6k one older guy was guessing less. I was guessing 10K.

So they open up the paper work to check it into their books and we look at the invoice.......  $20k ...... Twenty thousand dollars for a 1911 that started life as an STI. 

I mean spend your money how you want but damn, that was just nuts. They wouldn't let me take a picture, but you can to the JJFU.com website to see examples of their work. 
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:02:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Was it the shop or a customer who was dumb enough to order it?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:06:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
A customer ordered it. 
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:06:48 PM EDT
[#4]
So looks like the retard has completely bypassed Wilson and Ed, and has set his sights on making people think that his shitty guns are better than Stan Chen's
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol this.

If it was the shop it will still be there when they close doors.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:07:26 PM EDT
[#6]
what is an STI? do you mean STD?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:07:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Wish my name had the kind of recognition to do that.
Laugh all you want while he laughs to the bank.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:08:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
the first time an STI has been worth more than SVI
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:09:50 PM EDT
[#9]
There was a post on this site about his 1911s that was suppose to be made from the steel from the World Trade Center buildings.  They were in the $20K range IIRC.  

They too were engraved.  Too much money for a safe queen.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#10]
What ever happened to his dildo?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think they are a Texan 1911/2011 maker.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:10:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I smell haters....
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:10:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow.....I wouldn't be surprised if someone buys it
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Maybe kid rock will buy one
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Here is an article that I read a while back. His personality may not be well received but, he has fabrication skills that I will never possess.

NRA Blog Jesse James

Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Ye of little faith.

Engraving makes a firearm more accurate. Rrrrrright.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Here is an article that I read a while back. His personality not be well received but, he has fabrication skills that I will never possess.

NRA Blog Jesse James
View Quote
well, really most of the firearms industry.

Few people have, for example, thought to make a potato dildo best suited for anal Kegels exercises into a suppressor device that somehow can make the gun quieter than the bcg slamming into place.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Kind of over-the-top, but I guess there's a niche market for that.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:27:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Pics?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:31:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Pics?
View Quote

You should reread OP.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:32:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Few people have, for example, thought to make a potato dildo best suited for anal Kegels exercises into a suppressor device that somehow can make the gun quieter than the bcg slamming into place.
View Quote

Is that the best you got?  I see that repeated constantly about JJF.  The shape of their suppressor.  What difference does it make?  He did it to be different.  Being different as well as extremely skilled got him where he's at today.

Now, no...I don't like it either.  But that one particular criticism is so overblown and played out.  

That 1911 tribute or whatever is fucking gorgeous.

Nope.  Not buying.  But it's because I don't have the cheese, not because of craftsmanship.

He makes some silly, wild stuff.  He also makes some cool stuff.  Extremely talented guy.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:33:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I would be pissed that the counter monkeys are showing off a firearm I ordered  to other customers. 

A customer  at my local gun store got pissed at the counter guy for not allowing  the customer  to finger fuck my rifles that he was entering  bound book.

$18,000 more than I would  spend  for just about any handgun.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Here's one of many he offers

Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:35:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:35:22 PM EDT
[#25]
The stench of low income is overwhelming in this thread.  

Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Is that the best you got?  I see that repeated constantly about JJF.  The shape of their suppressor.  What difference does it make?  He did it to be different.  Being different as well as extremely skilled got him where he's at today.

Now, no...I don't like it either.  But that one particular criticism is so overblown and played out.  

Nope.  Not buying.  But it's because I don't have the cheese, not because of craftsmanship.

He makes some silly, wild stuff.  He also makes some cool stuff.  Extremely talented guy.
View Quote
not the shape, the function. Although the shape is hilarious too.

Retard went out using a very highly accurate and reproducible means of checking the loudness of his suppressor, an iPhone, somehow managed to ascertain it is quieter than normal human conversation, not mentioning the normal mechanical operation of an AR, then started a shit posting war where he challenged every suppressor manufacturer to beat his funky potato design, only to back off like a bitch when he was challenged to reproduce his results using actual calibrated equipment used by science nerds.

So now he decides that he can foray into the 1911 world by selling pimped out guns, at some point he will probably realize, just like Cabot did, that you can't make flashy garbage and expect people to pay nice used-car money for it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#27]
His talent is incredible and it's cool he is so into the 2A etc.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:36:53 PM EDT
[#28]
I thought that guy was a felon... I wouldn't buy a firearm from him, he just doesn't have the experience, maybe he has others doing most of the work or he bought machines to do everything. I'd like to see if he accuracy or triggers are worth a shit though.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:38:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I would be pissed that the counter monkeys are showing off a firearm I ordered  to other customers. 

A customer  at my local gun store got pissed at the counter guy for not allowing  the customer  to finger fuck my rifles that he was entering  bound book.
View Quote

Beat me to it.

A high-end customer special orders a gun, and low-life minimum wage a-hole brings it out for an all-around finger fk'n.

And not to disparage op in any way, it was not his fault, but if it was my shop, Mr show it to everybody would be gone.

Loudly.

Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Ed brown Signature is the only thing i'd consider 10k for.

That's it i EVER had 10k to burn which will never happen.

Also JJ was a member of arfcom and we should have been nice to him but he wouldn't back off that his suppressor brought the decibels down to 75 DB's!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:41:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I thought that guy was a felon... I wouldn't buy a firearm from him, he just doesn't have the experience, maybe he has others doing most of the work or he bought machines to do everything. I'd like to see if he accuracy or triggers are worth a shit though.
View Quote

How much and what experience should he have? He has built quite a few guns in the past few years. I haven't shot his handguns but his rifle triggers are great.

ETA he was a armed security guard before getting into fabrication. Not sure how he would of done that if he was a felon. He has always been into guns and shooting/training.

Not sure why the hate for him.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:43:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#34]
The Damascus 1911 is stunning.

If I had "hmm, do I need another Ferrari" type money, I would buy one.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Retard went out using a very highly accurate and reproducible means of checking the loudness of his suppressor, an iPhone, somehow managed to ascertain it is quieter than normal human conversation, not mentioning the normal mechanical operation of an AR, then started a shit posting war where he challenged every suppressor manufacturer to beat his funky potato design, only to back off like a bitch when he was challenged to reproduce his results using actual calibrated equipment used by science nerds.

So now he decides that he can foray into the 1911 world by selling pimped out guns, at some point he will probably realize, just like Cabot did, that you can't make flashy garbage and expect people to pay nice used-car money for it.
View Quote

That's not quite how the story played out, as I think Brent Taylor was also testing his gear the same way as neither had proper equipment at the same time.
Never read anything about a verbal war between them but, wouldn't  surprise me if it were true with either of the two. I am pretty sure it was either camp internet trolls busting balls.
I'll never buy his gear but, it's also not in my interest to bash the guy. Pretty simple solution, don't like it, don't buy it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Beat me to it.

A high-end customer special orders a gun, and low-life minimum wage a-hole brings it out for an all-around finger fk'n.

And not to disparage op in any way, it was not his fault, but if it was my shop, Mr show it to everybody would be gone.

Loudly.

View Quote

I would have to agree.

A factory firearm like a 249s or barrett 82a1 i wouldnt mind, but a custom from the frame up job that random people fingerfvcked i wouldnt be pleased
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I smell haters....
View Quote
No shit.

The jealousy is thick in here.

It's a wonder that any celebrities are willing to admit they are conservative/gunowners. 
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:01:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Sorry, but I like it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Me too.  I wouldn't buy it, but only because I can't afford to.

His Damascus stuff is pretty.  I watched one of his shows awhile back where he was learning how to do Damascus from an expert.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:01:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep and from my experience he's a really nice guy as well. That said his firearms don't appeal to me but the craftsmanship can't be denied.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#40]
I was at my old lgs many moons ago.  They had a customers 1911 that had just arrived from Colts custom shop.  He did show it to me (good customer) but he did not offer nor did I ask to handle it.  He just opened the case and let me see it.  It was pretty.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#41]
It's like the price tag has a soouulllll
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Handled an SBR he built for his neighbor, it was nice.

Fake news has always had it out for him, he seems alright to me from what I've seen of him around town, usually television personality is nothin like they are in person. Highly skilled guy.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

People bought his bikes and people will probably buy his guns. I don't like him much but there is a segment of the population that thrive on purchasing insanely expensive items from over the top personalities. I've seen plenty of it in the custom knife industry.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The Damascus 1911 is stunning.

If I had "hmm, do I need another Ferrari" type money, I would buy one.
View Quote

Yes, $85,000 stunning if he builds you one.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I would have to agree.

A factory firearm like a 249s or barrett 82a1 i wouldnt mind, but a custom from the frame up job that random people fingerfvcked i wouldnt be pleased
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beat me to it.

Loudly.

I would have to agree.

Just to be clear, it never came out of the plastic bag. No one touched. it. 
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:31:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

People bought his bikes and people will probably buy his guns. I don't like him much but there is a segment of the population that thrive on purchasing insanely expensive items from over the top personalities. I've seen plenty of it in the custom knife industry.
View Quote
there better be, he's charging 2x what an Ed Brown made by master craftsmen cost for what looks suspiciously like an STI kit he paid someone 35/hr to finish (made easier by buying a fitted slide), thrown under a machine to engrave, then sporting some 88er grips.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Im to poor to afford a really cool BBQ gun
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Here is an article that I read a while back. His personality may not be well received but, he has fabrication skills that I will never possess.

NRA Blog Jesse James

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6qFbLgWwAI4Fzc.jpg
View Quote

Hmmm...reading that, I'm confused. The damascus 1911 is beautiful, no doubt about it, but it's a museum piece being displayed in a custom wooden case. Why ruin the presentation with the side-mounted red dot and compensator?
The bolt-ons ruin what is a beautiful piece for me.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:35:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Looks like he's trying to corner the narco-terrorist market to me.
Not my flavor, pass.

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top