Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#2]
id love to see the rim size to credit score ratio ....   
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea.... no shit...

Most people on this board have like 3 KAC's SR15's, 2 SR-25's 20k of MK262, 10k of M118LR and a credit score of 750 or higher.

Go be poor somewhere else meme hasn't even shown up.

My credit aint horrible, but they ain't giving me free money either.

I'm willing to guess that student loans have had a measurable effect on many young people's credit score in the last decade or so.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#5]
GD and it's credit score fetish...............
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:44:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Whenever my credit score makes me feel bad I just take a look at my enourmous penis and I feel better again.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
everyone on here is over 800 I'm pretty sure,  we hoard credit scores too
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yea.... no shit...

Most people on this board have like 3 KAC's SR15's, 2 SR-25's 20k of MK262, 10k of M118LR and a credit score of 750 or higher.

I'm willing to guess that student loans have had a measurable effect on many young people's credit score in the last decade or so.
View Quote
Demographics play a big part. Not all but a significant portion here are older, probably in peak earning years.... life's major bills are behind them.... All of this adds up to decreasing bills, a house that is nearly paid off, no more college bills or weddings so yeah it's possible to have nice things and a safe full of guns. Don't underestimate the people on this board a lot of them are very successful and have worked hard over the years and now it's time to enjoy.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The chart on the top seems fairly straightforward.....th chart on the bottom
View Quote
The bottom one is quite straight forward.

people with bad credit scores, regardless of race, are more likely to default.  

So not only are credit scores racist, but they are accurate.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've been meaning to check my score. What's the best free way to do so?
View Quote
credit karma
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The bottom one is quite straight forward.

people with bad credit scores, regardless of race, are more likely to default.  

So not only are credit scores racist, but they are accurate.
View Quote
Got it.....just saw the origin of the y axis...my brain a little slow today
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:07:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, I am waaay above average then. I live within my means though.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

More like make very poor financial decisions like buying the that jet ski at 9% interest rate  At least I don't fall to the avg of my home state.
View Quote
"they say money can't buy happiness, but they are F*ing ever been on a F*ing jet ski... You ever see an unhappy F*ing person on a jet skit?"

(in best john rocker voice...)
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Ha mine isn't even on the scale.  Wife was 820 and I was 810.

Losers in GA!

While y'all are ridiculing me, I make >$125k and am 6'3" tall.  No debt other than the house.  We won't talk about weight!  Now, flame on.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Lol the south is poor
View Quote
Over 800 here, so not everybody manages their money poorly.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:25:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
A low credit score isn't a result of being poor.  It's a result of being stupid with money/credit which incidentally is often the root cause of being poor.
View Quote

When I worked retail the amount of people with shitty credit was about equal between rich and poor people.  The only people who seem to really worry about credit scores are the middle class.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yea.... no shit...

View Quote

My SiL decided not to pay back her loans.  She wanted to be a stay at home mother and not work but her and her husband divorced.  So she simply didn't pay and while working every time she was getting a tax return the .gov took money to pay back the loans.  Just the way it was until it was all paid off.  Her credit was crap for those years but then, as soon as that stuff was cleared up it was like companies couldn't wait to offer her credit cards, car loans, etc.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#18]
ARFCOM: Where everyone pays cash for their houses & cars, has 0 credit card debt, and a 900 credit score.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:54:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Over 800. You're welcome NE.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:54:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Where did they learn to spell Florid?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:56:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:01:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Florida is spelt wrong in that Graph, therefore i don't believe it. #FakeNews
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:02:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lol the south is poor
View Quote
Demographics my friend. Lol, Detroit is poor.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#24]
805 here in Joejia.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:04:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A low credit score isn't a result of being poor.  It's a result of being stupid with money/credit which incidentally is often the root cause of being poor.
View Quote
In 98% of the cases, absolutely....it can also be the result of situations completely out of the control of a person. I had two major illnesses in the family + extended job loss, that'll fuck your shit up even if you are very good with money.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:05:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
In Texas, buying bro trucks they don't need.
>750 CS here.
View Quote
I don't know when those statistics were compiled, but in Texas the downturn in the oil industry caused a bunch of grief for folks who generally had above average credit. Late payments and such. 
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Just what is "Tier One" credit, for example? It's a FICO of 690-719, according to one Washington state Toyota dealership that posted its credit tiers online. But that's just one brand and one dealership's numbers.
View Quote
To qualify for honda's best rates (super-preferred tier), its a 710.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#29]
WooHoo
We aren't last
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
ARFCOM: Where everyone pays cash for their houses & cars, has 0 credit card debt, and a 900 credit score.
View Quote
Actually, paying cash for everything does not really help your score at all.  No credit history makes for a bad score.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Michigan would be higher if Detroit would get their shit together.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yeah I wonder. It maybe all the places that finance rims
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Besides being cold: what do The Dakota, Minnesota, and Wisconsin have in common?

Besides being hot: what do Georgia, Mississippi, and Louisiana have in common?

Its time that Experian, Transunion, and Equifax check their privilege.
Yeah I wonder. It maybe all the places that finance rims
I see what you guys did here,

and its RACIST!
funny & true but Racist!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:19:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
lol to a person who thinks a credit score means you're rich or poor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol the south is poor
I bet there is a pretty good correlation to net worth and credit score, overall.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
When I worked retail the amount of people with shitty credit was about equal between rich and poor people. The only people who seem to really worry about credit scores are the middle class.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A low credit score isn't a result of being poor. It's a result of being stupid with money/credit which incidentally is often the root cause of being poor.
When I worked retail the amount of people with shitty credit was about equal between rich and poor people. The only people who seem to really worry about credit scores are the middle class.
How did you determine who was rich and who was poor? Just because someone lives like a rich person, doesn't mean they are.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
This.  I was with a doctor that I do bookkeeping for that is worth eight figures that I went with to a local Toyota dealer with when he tried to lease a small Toyota pick-up for his yardman, and he was turned down.  The payments on the truck were less than 4% of his monthly income, but due to his "bad credit score" he was denied.  The system is completely screwed up.z
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:34:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Average American credit card debt = $16,000.  Average American income = $50,000.
View Quote
This is the disaster, not credit score competitiin.

Living below your means, saving a lot, paying cash, all will trash your borrowing score.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'd like to see the median credit score chart.  It only takes a few fuckers with absolutely horrible credit to really drag down the overall score.
View Quote
This would be a more useful ranking.

Like income medians are a better measure of central tendencies on curtailed distributions.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Lol the south is poor has less debt
View Quote
Fixed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
>750 CS here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wtf are people doing to screw themselves that bad?
>750 CS here.
and $15k side by sides
and 15 year notes on a boat

I fully expected Texas to be near the bottom when I opened this thread.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Real, base FICO only runs to 850.  Anything over that is some industry specific thing (up to 900?), not what this average score is based on.
View Quote
Overachiever
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 5:28:24 PM EDT
[#42]
We're at #2 but mine is still higher than the average That is as long as I stay outta here. The deal threads here are credit card assassins!
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#43]
I have to admit, if I lived down south, I'd have a boat, Jeep and a lot less money most likely From Nov-March here, I don't buy much or go out much.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 5:31:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Credit score:

The ranking for spending other people's money in exchange for your freedom
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

credit karma
View All Quotes
Quoted:

credit karma
Um, no.

LINK

Notice the ".gov" URL---not ".com".

It matters.

Q: How do I order my free report?
The three nationwide credit reporting companies have set up a central website, a toll-free telephone number, and a mailing address through which you can order your free annual report.

To order, visit annualcreditreport.com, call 1-877-322-8228. Or complete the Annual Credit Report Request Form and mail it to: Annual Credit Report Request Service, P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281. Do not contact the three nationwide credit reporting companies individually. They are providing free annual credit reports only through annualcreditreport.com, 1-877-322-8228 or mailing to Annual Credit Report Request Service.

You may order your reports from each of the three nationwide credit reporting companies at the same time, or you can order your report from each of the companies one at a time. The law allows you to order one free copy of your report from each of the nationwide credit reporting companies every 12 months

A Warning About “Imposter” Websites
Only one website is authorized to fill orders for the free annual credit report you are entitled to under law — annualcreditreport.com. Other websites that claim to offer “free credit reports,” “free credit scores,” or “free credit monitoring” are not part of the legally mandated free annual credit report program. In some cases, the “free” product comes with strings attached. For example, some sites sign you up for a supposedly “free” service that converts to one you have to pay for after a trial period. If you don’t cancel during the trial period, you may be unwittingly agreeing to let the company start charging fees to your credit card.

Some “imposter” sites use terms like “free report” in their names; others have URLs that purposely misspell annualcreditreport.com in the hope that you will mistype the name of the official site. Some of these “imposter” sites direct you to other sites that try to sell you something or collect your personal information.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 5:44:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yay Mississippi!  We're not last!  Finally!
View Quote
Funny how often how often MS and LA are at the bottom of a list - especially if its health related.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I never would have guessed that GA would be the lowest.
View Quote
Dassabunchamufukkinbuuullllllshitttttt
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:16:02 AM EDT
[#48]
I got confirmation back today on a dispute I filed for a student loan on my account...  I have never taken out a student loan.  KILLED my score as it has never been paid on since 2010.

Credit Companies are the devil when trying to get something removed...  But they did delete this one after i filed 3 disputes on it.  UGH!
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#49]
We have a state called Florid?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:03:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This is the disaster, not credit score competitiin.

Living below your means, saving a lot, paying cash, all will trash your borrowing score.
View Quote
Or you can use revolving credit and pay cash at the end of the month. Then you can have a pile of cash and credit. 
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top