User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/10/2017 3:50:18 PM EDT

Video of the sicario's and burnt cars and busses in the street -
link to video
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck Mexico. 3rd world shithole that needs to be carpet bombed.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 3:58:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Middle east got nothin on some parts of Mexico.  It's amazing how underrated that country is for its third-worldness.

ETA: talking specifically about the unbridled violence.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#3]
"You should move to a small town, somewhere the rule of law still exists. You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is a land of wolves now."
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#4]
But they have really cheap, all inclusive vacation resorts to stay at......

FUCK MEXICO. Again, FUCK MEXICO.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:08:33 PM EDT
[#5]
At least the mexicans dont seem to be as gung ho suicidal as the arabs when it comes to this shit. No VBIED's and crap like that. I dont even know the fallout if a border checkpoint were to get hit by a carbomb.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Middle east got nothin on some parts of Mexico.  It's amazing how underrated that country is for its third-worldness.

ETA: talking specifically about the unbridled violence.
View Quote
This, lived near the border(~20mi) for a few years, most folks have no clue how bad it is.  Fuck that place, every square inch of it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:15:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I used to go drinking in Reynosa. I don't think I'd even venture into RGV anymore.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like the ME
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This, lived near the border(~20mi) for a few years, most folks have no clue how bad it is.  Fuck that place, every square inch of it.
View Quote
Oh come now, it's not that bad. Please explain for all our friends from the North East and our resident Liberaltarians who didn't seem to have problems with the illegals for the longest time what the issues are.

Those of us that LIVE HERE have known about it for a LONG FUCKING TIME and have been begging and pleading for help. All we got on Arfcom for YEARS was, "Any barriers to labor markets are illogical and unnecessary- so says the God Queen Rand".

Swear to God I heard that fucking bullshit for YEARS here.

You don't hear it now so much that everyone has grown up and moved out of mommies basement and figured out how the real world works....kinda funny that....
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#10]
fuck mexico
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#11]
In the last 3 years only 4 conflict zones have produced an excess of 10,000 deaths annually.

Iraq.
Syria.
Afghanistan.

Mexico.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
At least the mexicans dont seem to be as gung ho suicidal as the arabs when it comes to this shit. No VBIED's and crap like that. I dont even know the fallout if a border checkpoint were to get hit by a carbomb.
View Quote
Good point! Way to look on the bright side of things.

Also, they seem to use their weapons' sights, and mostly only kill other combatants in the drug war.

The Muslims really make you appreciate Mexicans, huh?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I used to go drinking in Reynosa. I don't think I'd even venture into RGV anymore.
View Quote
The fucking narcos have ruined Northern Mexico.   My family has a ranch in Laredo and I spent a ton of time in both Laredo and Neuvo Laredo growing up.   "Going across" was an after thought when we wanted to go shopping, have a nice meal, drinking, or partying.  

Now?  You take your life into your hands if you decide to go into Neuvo Laredo.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:35:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Catholics are a bit adverse to suicide so...
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Corruption and money flowing South seem to appease them for the most part. No doubt we would see an uptick in violence as "the wall" started to work.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:38:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Can't watch the video, but are they having a lot of issues right now?

I was just there about a year ago for work... I refuse to go back.

ETA: Nevermind, reading some articles about it and it sounds like it's a war zone for the last week or two (more so than usual).
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I was directly across the border in Hidalgo TX a few years ago. I was about 100 yards from the crossing and you could hear lots gunfire and see plumes of black smoke off in the distance. It was like that off and on for hours. 

I heard the next day that the federal police and the cartels had gotten into a big fight. Everyone acted like it was no big deal. 
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:42:13 PM EDT
[#19]
With NAFTA and all the mfg money moving in to Mexico, how the hell can they not clean that place up even a little bit? I mean Canada outside of energy doesn't have any major national exports or crazy sources, but they seem to get along just fine as a civilized nation?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
"You should move to a small town, somewhere the rule of law still exists. You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is a land of wolves now."
View Quote
love that movie. Emily Blunt is a hottie
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
With NAFTA and all the mfg money moving in to Mexico, how the hell can they not clean that place up even a little bit? I mean Canada outside of energy doesn't have any major national exports or crazy sources, but they seem to get along just fine as a civilized nation?
View Quote
Mexicans.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:43:37 PM EDT
[#22]
99% of Americans have no clue how spectacularly unique and wonderful our free-market, rule of law, society of Individuals really is. Mexico etc. are not unique or weird. The USA is unique!!!!

Mexico, like most of the world, is the standard existence of humanity, in all it's filthy cruelty.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#23]
We should make Mexico an honorary member of the Middle East. 
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:43:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
No drugs being smuggled through Canada. 
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Corruption from top to bottom. My dads company had a plant in Reynosa early last decade. He had some interesting experiences down there.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Really sad. My dad use to winter in McAllen, TX. Heck we took a day trip into Reynosa and then to Matamoros in the mid 2000's. Really enjoyed it. My dad doesn't even go to McAllen or Brownsville anymore. What a shithole area it's turned out to be.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:51:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
You have mexi"cans and mexi"can'ts" obviously they are the latter.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Except fuck tons of Chinese Fentanyl and Carfentanyl.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Corruption from top to bottom. My dads company had a plant in Reynosa early last decade. He had some interesting experiences down there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Essentially this.  

Take a place that is historically all about nepotism, paternalism, and corruption....and add in the Narco fight for control of drug trafficking corridors and you have the ugliness that is the Texas/Mexico border.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:03:41 PM EDT
[#30]
I'll lay you odds we have (or can obtain within a day) the coordinates of every drug lord's compound, as well as their manufacturing facilities and weed and poppy farms.

A few quick overflights with 500-pounders and incendiaries and most of this shit would stop overnight. Then we could go after the gangs.

The crooked Mexican officials would scream like the stuck hogs they are, but we could just tell them the Russians did it. What could they do about it?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
But they have really cheap, all inclusive vacation resorts to stay at......

FUCK MEXICO. Again, FUCK MEXICO.
View Quote
 That's just the ' War on Drugs'... mostly concentrated near the US Border.
  Most of Mexico is not like that.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
In the last 3 years only 4 conflict zones have produced an excess of 10,000 deaths annually.

Iraq.
Syria.
Afghanistan.

Mexico.
View Quote
What's the total for America's Ghetto's.    1000 in Chicago alone, right?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:13:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Ah, Highway 77, one of the biggest highways of crime and human trafficing in the world.  If only we would open the borders we could fix this.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:18:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
99% of Americans have no clue how spectacularly unique and wonderful our free-market, rule of law, society of Individuals really is. Mexico etc. are not unique or weird. The USA is unique!!!!

Mexico, like most of the world, is the standard existence of humanity, in all it's filthy cruelty.
View Quote
Guess you've never travelled to Europe.  Or Canada.   Or Japan.  Or New Zealand.. or Aussiland...WTF mate.......

USA isn't unique.    Third world violence isn't the standard, except in Africa and parts of the Middle East.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:22:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And MDMA, xanax, and a decent amount of weed.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:38:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Reminds me of the border crossing gunfight scene in Sicario. After they shoot a carload of bad guys in front of dozens of people one guy says over the radio that this will be on the front page of every newspaper in America, and a more experienced guy says it won't even make the papers in El Paso.

Cartels could full on capture cities and start doing military parades like ISIS did in Iraq and I'm not sure the MSM would talk about it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'll lay you odds we have (or can obtain within a day) the coordinates of every drug lord's compound, as well as their manufacturing facilities and weed and poppy farms.

A few quick overflights with 500-pounders and incendiaries and most of this shit would stop overnight. Then we could go after the gangs.

The crooked Mexican officials would scream like the stuck hogs they are, but we could just tell them the Russians did it. What could they do about it?
View Quote
Sounds practical to me.  Been down there some, and I think most Mexicans would breath a sigh of relief.  Still, most societies, there and here, are corrupt and people do what they do.

I'm sure most of the key "target" sites are known.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:04:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Americans should be very, very worried about the violence in Mexico spilling over into the US. The small town police departments in border towns would have no chance against some of those cartels.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#39]
I had to fly into McAllen once.  Little tiny airport was like a fortress.  

Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Give em time, they will get there eventually.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Been there a few times for work. Last time was about 2006.

We always got back into McAllen before dark even back then.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The fucking narcos have ruined Northern Mexico.   My family has a ranch in Laredo and I spent a ton of time in both Laredo and Neuvo Laredo growing up.   "Going across" was an after thought when we wanted to go shopping, have a nice meal, drinking, or partying.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I'll be in Laredo the next couple of weekends.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#43]
The Knights Templar, imagine that.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Guess you've never travelled to Europe.  Or Canada.   Or Japan.  Or New Zealand.. or Aussiland...WTF mate.......

USA isn't unique.    Third world violence isn't the standard, except in Africa and parts of the Middle East.
View Quote
And Central Asia, and South America.... you can pretty much hit every continent other than Europe, maybe.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Americans should be very, very worried about the violence in Mexico spilling over into the US. The small town police departments in border towns would have no chance against some of those cartels.
View Quote
The only reason they don't run over them is because unlike in Mexico there would be an effective Federal response in the U.S.......For now, until we go further  down the road to failed state status ourselves....
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#47]
A lot of people who come to visit San Diego plan a visit to Tijuana, and I think most San Diegans think they're fucking nuts. The last time I was in Mexico was 1997. Tijuana is crazy dangerous. There are kidnappings of Americans that never make national news, for some reason. And the murders, yeah there's a lot of them too. Over 700 in Tijuana in 2016. From January 2017 to April, there were 208 murders. Mexico is a war zone.

My dentist has a beachfront lease in Baja California (Americans cannot own land in Mexico) and he tells me it's perfectly safe there. He takes his family there all summer long. Sure hope I don't have to get a new dentist.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#48]
What shocked me, and has opened the eyes of some libs I know.  Is the pictures of the Texas DPS gun boats.  I had never seen a mid sized motor boat with four dual mounted m240 machine guns before.  

They would not have them if they didn't need them.

I do want one of those boats though.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
The culture sucks ass.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:05:33 PM EDT
[#50]
It's all heading north.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top