Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 89
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bitcoin has crashed 80% before and it can do so again.

I hope you do make money, but:

1. Know that in almost every market, prices go down much faster than they can go up. Bitcoin is very volatile, don't be surprised if one day you wake up and they've lost 70% of their value in a single night.

2. Don't bet anything you aren't willing to lose
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep laughing and going on about muh tulips/bubble.

We will keep making money. Maybe one day you'll understand how to play the game.

1. Know that in almost every market, prices go down much faster than they can go up. Bitcoin is very volatile, don't be surprised if one day you wake up and they've lost 70% of their value in a single night.

If it drops 70% I’ll buy more!!
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

If it drops 70% I’ll buy more!!
View Quote
ditto this.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I think the days of people considering btc a true cryptocurrency are over. It's digital gold now.

LTC on the other hand, I don't consider to be USD. It's nice when I make fiat gains on LTC (like now), but at it's heart it's an actual currency to me.

I hope that continues to be the case.
View Quote
I like LTC and think it does have a good future, but some works needs to be done on getting businesses to accept it even to the same degree as bitcoin. Offhand the only major company I know that accepts Litecoin is overstock.com
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Time will tell. A lot of people felt similarly in 2013/2014.

On the other hand, it's survived one boom/bust cycle and I think it will survive this one. As long as people keep hoarding it, it will rise in value.  I don't ever plan on selling mine.  That's one less bitcoin up for trade.  Every time a person adopts that attitude, the value climbs.
View Quote
Bolded is basically the definition of pyramid financing... especially on an asset with 0 intrinsic value.

Blockchain technology isn't going anywhere and will certainly be used more in the future. Doesn't mean cryptos aren't an in overvalued mania.

...Just like the internet was the future in 2000. They were right to a degree. It didn't mean websites with 100 employees should be worth more than GM... It took internet stocks well over a decade to return to their bubble highs after the bust.

The hype got far ahead of the reality, just like now.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 12:13:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I like LTC and think it does have a good future, but some works needs to be done on getting businesses to accept it even to the same degree as bitcoin. Offhand the only major company I know that accepts Litecoin is overstock.com
View Quote
my gun business excepts all cryptos as payment..
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 12:23:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Bolded is basically the definition of pyramid financing... especially on an asset with 0 intrinsic value.

Blockchain technology isn't going anywhere and will certainly be used more in the future. Doesn't mean cryptos aren't an in overvalued mania.

...Just like the internet was the future in 2000. They were right to a degree. It didn't mean websites with 100 employees should be worth more than GM... It took internet stocks well over a decade to return to their bubble highs after the bust.

The hype got far ahead of the reality, just like now.
View Quote
I don't think it has $0 intrinsic value.  That's not to say it's not currently overvalued and/or won't get replaced.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
IMO, we are 3-5 years out on a solid “spending” use case for the currency coins. Everyone screaming HODL and expecting the “other guy” to spend is a variation on the greater fool theory.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

IMO, we are 3-5 years out on a solid "spending" use case for the currency coins. Everyone screaming HODL and expecting the "other guy" to spend is the greater fool theory.
View Quote
This is one of the reasons .gov doesn't like deflationary currency.  It encourages everyone to hold their currency rather than spend it.  When we spend it, they get to tax it and the economy keeps growing.  I don't ever expect .gov to adopt a deflationary currency (and even if they claimed too, I wouldn't trust them not to inflate it).  Hopefully they will be happy collecting their capital gains taxes and not try to over-regulate the crypto market.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#9]
@TheRealGhurkaDin - I think it's time for a title update
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 12:40:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
no question that it has crashed before and probably will again but it has also always regained all its loses and then some every time. If you are willing to long on it you are probably going to make money.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't understand why there needs to be regulations on bitcoin.

To me it seems like it needs to exist how it does.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Annnnnd...  I’m out.  This isn’t a sustainable curve and I’m not risking the amounts required to see a profit day trading.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do you have a website and do online sales? If so PM me your info.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Annnnnd...  I'm out.  This isn't a sustainable curve and I'm not risking the amounts required to see a profit day trading.
View Quote
How much were you in for?
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 12:56:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Annnnnd...  I'm out.  This isn't a sustainable curve and I'm not risking the amounts required to see a profit day trading.
Not much.  I’m not cashing out for a Lamborghini or anything.  Will probably try to pick up a little when it corrects.  Once again, just a little.  All these people using credit to buy in while thinking they’ll get rich in six months is bad juju.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not much.  I'm not cashing out for a Lamborghini or anything.  Will probably try to pick up a little when it corrects.  Once again, just a little.  All these people using credit to buy in while thinking they'll get rich in six months is bad juju.
View Quote
Buying on credit seems like a pretty poor plan.  I've got cash if it gets cheap enough, but at this point I don't think it's going that low.  So for now I'll keep riding my one till it goes to a million or crashes.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nice. I started accepting crypto when BTC was at 400ish so I've been making money on that.

Now I mostly stick to BTC/ETH but will do LTC.

ETH I've been trading and taking profits on while holding BTC
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 1:07:51 PM EDT
[#18]
i'm in such a deep FOMO depression right now, was considering getting in with around $6k total when it was sub $2k (roughly ~3 BTC) but my job (contract position) had just ended and i wanted to keep as much in my savings until i knew what i was doing next

fuuuuccckkkkkkkkkkk

FML^1,000,000

please dip down oh lawdy please
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
i'm in such a deep FOMO depression right now, was considering getting in with around $6k total when it was sub $2k (roughly ~3 BTC) but my job (contract position) had just ended and i wanted to keep as much in my savings until i knew what i was doing next

fuuuuccckkkkkkkkkkk

FML^1,000,000

please dip down oh lawdy please
View Quote
Hindsight is 20/20, but you did the right thing- You didn't spend any money that you couldn't afford to lose.

Crypto isn't going anywhere, and it's picking up speed fast.  There is still a lot of money to be made!
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:06:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Both knives bought skimming profits on ETH
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I sold 2.5 out of my 3.2 bitcoins last night

Since I sold it will go to $10,000 now
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:16:58 PM EDT
[#22]
It looks like it's flash-crashing now
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm officially a Bitcoin owner. Well, .00031 bitcoin to be precise. Lol, it's at a peak now but ill buy in a bit here and there as it mellows out. I think the ease of purchase due to the phone apps will keep it relevant and exciting.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It looks like it's flash-crashing now
View Quote
If it hits 9k im buying more.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:25:21 PM EDT
[#25]
What the FUCK. I just limit order sold my whole position and now GDax is down.

Now I can't get back in to buy a dip. FUCK
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:26:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If it hits 9k im buying more.
View Quote
It did hit $9k briefly
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
"This time it's different"

You do realize that's the same line (...or something that rhymes with it) everyone has said during every bubble/mania ever?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except bitcoin doesn't follow the logic of any other market.

Everyone was screaming BUT MUH TULIPS!! when it hit 3k. Now it's at 10k+ and the same people are saying the same shit.

When it's at 20k, or 50k, they'll be saying the same shit.
"This time it's different"

You do realize that's the same line (...or something that rhymes with it) everyone has said during every bubble/mania ever?
The hubris is juicy.
Quoted:
I'm no authority on the matter, I was brand new to crypto 4 weeks ago.
Government hates competition. It’s going to be interesting when the wizards and warlocks from various countries set their sights on it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:31:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Correction time boys
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:31:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What the FUCK. I just limit order sold my whole position and now GDax is down.

Now I can't get back in to buy a dip. FUCK
View Quote
But it’s different this time.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:34:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

But it’s different this time.
View Quote
It actually started working and I just made another 70 dollars just through selling/buying.

So that's 130 dollars that I've just materialized today out of nothing, in about 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The hubris is juicy.

Government hates competition. It’s going to be interesting when the wizards and warlocks from various countries set their sights on it.
View Quote
Are you watching the GDax market

It's entertaining. Its been a long time since I could watch a bubble in real time

Earlier today Bitcoin was at $11,500, now it's at $9,200. Volatility much?
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Below 9000 now
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:37:42 PM EDT
[#33]
How many people were set to sell at $12k and were given a major tease today?
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Below 9000 now
View Quote
Horry shit
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#35]
market is crashing now but GDAX and coinbase are down!!!!! UGH good time to buy
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#36]
8600 now

How many new tethers are going to pop into thin air soon?
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:46:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Coinbase wont even let me fucking buy
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:49:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Coinbase wont even let me fucking buy
View Quote
Yea, it's being slow for me...
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Well Coinbase shit the bed
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 3:50:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
8600 now

How many new tethers are going to pop into thin air soon?
View Quote
Dammit.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
So did bitstamp.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#42]
BTC  has  moved from 10,476 to 8737 and back to 9747 over the past 60 minutes.
tHIS IS fun.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#43]
I have an order on GDAX for BTC at 9500 however it hasn't been filled although it's dropped below that several times. Been trying to cancel the order but it just does nothing. Wont put the $$$ back into my account and leaves the order listed as open. Ideas?
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#44]
This is hilarious.

Im sure everyone will line up to to pay everything with bitcoin, where depending on the hour you spend it your dollar could buy either $1.15 or $0.86 worth of goods...
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
BTC  has  moved from 10,476 to 8737 and back to 9747 over the past 60 minutes.
tHIS IS fun.
View Quote
Watch $200 million in new tethers appear tomorrow.

Gotta keep it green at all costs or the ponzi is up!
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have an order on GDAX for BTC at 9500 however it hasn't been filled although it's dropped below that several times. Been trying to cancel the order but it just does nothing. Wont put the $$$ back into my account and leaves the order listed as open. Ideas?
View Quote
It is being laggy.

Sometimes your order won't fill because of the sheer volume of orders at that price. The price will sometimes change before your order is placed.

But yes I'm experiencing the same as you. Hit cancel on the order and wait a minute, your funds will show back up.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not sure but on a similar note, it sucks to see $9500 on the Coinbase dashboard, and then click Buy, and then it says $9850.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Not sure but on a similar note, it sucks to see $9500 on the Coinbase dashboard, and then click Buy, and then it says $9850.
View Quote
Yeah I just did that buying lightcoins @76.00... transaction confirmed at $88.xx
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 4:09:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It is being laggy.

Sometimes your order won't fill because of the sheer volume of orders at that price. The price will sometimes change before your order is placed.

But yes I'm experiencing the same as you. Hit cancel on the order and wait a minute, your funds will show back up.
View Quote
Been hitting cancel for over an hour...
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
You must be new.

That happens EVERY single time there is a big jump.  I'm sure they make $1M/minute doing it too.
Page / 89
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top