BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This probably ruined 4th of July BBQ plans for a few high ranking people in Washington who will now find themselves working today.
View Quote
If the 4th fell on a Sunday this year they might not have noticed
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Los Angeles is going to have to take one for the team.  Not that they are on my team.
View Quote
Honolulu and Anchorage are within reach and a Pearl Harbor 2 scenario on Camp Smith involving missiles isn't a pleasant thought, especially since I love the MWR program they have
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Tha's a good question.
View Quote
We have eyes on all this stuff in real time.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:05:56 PM EDT
[#4]
so first I've heard of this.  Is California still there? Or did anything happen at all?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:09:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

lol
View Quote
Sure, I'm leery of professors generally but the Naval War College and Tom have a reputable track record, even if I disagree with him from time to time. Plus, I like to review all sides in a matter before finalizing my own conclusions.

Russia & Japan have made their statements but there's still a few others I'm waiting to hear from after the holiday
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:10:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Coincidental that Xinping just happened to be visiting Putin, maybe there's a few chess games being played at the same time.
View Quote
I'm sure it wasn't just to announce another 10 billion in new trade deals
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:15:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Take the next one down. Do SK or Japan not have defensive missile tech?  Or are they all just sitting ducks now?
View Quote
China and by extension North Korea and Iran are going with a stratagem over overwhelming defense with a mass of missiles. Different war gaming has produced different outcomes in the last few years. China feels confident it can produce an favorable outcome regarding Taiwan & the S. China sea but Iran & N. Korea aren't quite there yet in my estimation

2030 is my guess as to when it could become dicey based on conversations I've had at the Naval Postgraduate School
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The real problem is political, not military. 
South Korea doesn't have the resolve to end to the Nork nuclear program.  They could have stopped it 10+ years ago, when NK detonated their first nuclear bomb. 

The South Koreans seem content to rollover and allow NK to have nuclear bombs and missiles.  They don't care, because Americans will protect them. 
View Quote
Large segments of the South Korean population believe one day North Korea will be absorbed and South Korea will control their military assets. Personally, I think it's wishful thinking but Korean nationalists are not the easiest people to converse with
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#9]
It's way too late for war with Best Korea.

The only option now is to starve them out by choking off China economically.

Ruin China and North Korea is done. We can ruin China economically in months, if we choose.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There are still a LOT of good Americans in California who can't get out.  In a state that big, there are probably more decent people than total populations of other states.
View Quote
39% of the state is conservative, although me, James Woods and Mike Rowe are among the handful along the coastal area north of Orange County

Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The MSM is going to love that little tidbit.

View Quote
Well, a nuke wasn't involved.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is from a missile expert.

That basically includes California.

10,000 km = 6,214 miles

NK to LA = 5,806 miles

Shit, even includes Denver. Pretty much the entire western portion of the United States.
View Quote
Not to mention if the Norks stick one on a ship and get it closer to the US shore.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:14:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Seoul isn't in KY either but that won't stop me from questioning a 70 year old strategy that leaves their main existential threat within artillery range of their Capitol city.

Who the Hell thought it was a good idea to just keep growing Seoul all this time and therefore leaving SK's throat exposed?

I guess it doesn't matter much when you rely on us for your well being and national security.

Now I'm just a poor dumb Hillbilly but the strategy as it has been played is suicidal for the good guys.

And inevitably, here we are with no good options......AGAIN.

FUCK.
View Quote
All the people who kept moving there, building their businesses there, etc... I imagine.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:17:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Ruin China and North Korea is done. We can ruin China economically in months, if we choose.
View Quote

Yeah, right.  Oh, by then way, we are still at war with North Korea and have been for over 50 years. An armistice was declared which ended hostilities. But, did not end the war. We are and have been at war with North Korea. We just temporarily stopped  the fighting. Good luck with that ignorant idea of ruining China in just a few months.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not to mention if the Norks stick one on a ship and get it closer to the US shore.
View Quote
Or a submarine.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:45:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm sure it wasn't just to announce another 10 billion in new trade deals
View Quote
"They talked about their grandchildren."
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

All the people who kept moving there, building their businesses there, etc... I imagine.
View Quote
Clint Eastwood voice /// Then they shoulda thought of that when they decided to move into a war zone /// Clint Eastwood voice
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 7/5/2017 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Niki Hailey is giving a strongly worded speech to the UN SC right now. Fwiw.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yea I was listening to it. A women will have no effect on a third world dictator.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 3:24:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You are indeed slow. Californians are commies. Who cares if 50 electoral college votes aren't automatically going to the left anymore? California probably sympathizes with the Norks so they're perfect for each other.
View Quote
-------
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
I heard parts of it while I was at work, unfortunately I think we're past the point of strong words doing much good.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 3:32:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I heard parts of it while I was at work, unfortunately I think we're past the point of strong words doing much good.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree.

Her delivery was on a par with mine when I was in the 7th grade.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Be sure to clap during the announcement, the state will be watching you as you watch the state http://newfocusintl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/northkoreantelevision.jpg
View Quote
I enjoy how there are no cords going into that telephone.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 3:41:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I agree.

View Quote
I would have much preferred her give a speech letting everyone at the UN know that 10 minutes ago we had a drone launch a hellfire missile up Lil Kim's ass  
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Hawaii seems to be flying under the radar

Good
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pretty STUPID...

It HASN'T HAPPENED...

Yet...
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Pretty STUPID...

It HASN'T HAPPENED...

Yet...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty STUPID...

It HASN'T HAPPENED...

Yet...
Yeah, that was my first thought. They don't have a nuclear weapon that can do that yet. They have an ICBM that can with no warhead.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 3:54:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yeah, that was my first thought. They don't have a nuclear weapon that can do that yet. They have an ICBM that can with no warhead.
View Quote
Even their PROTO ICBM isn't capable...

Think abt it...
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yeah, right.  Oh, by then way, we are still at war with North Korea and have been for over 50 years. An armistice was declared which ended hostilities. But, did not end the war. We are and have been at war with North Korea. We just temporarily stopped  the fighting. Good luck with that ignorant idea of ruining China in just a few months.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he was talking about economic war against China, not a shooting war.

It's already cheaper to do business in Mexico because of Chinese Yuan inflation and their attempts to raise standard of living and domestic consumption of Chinese goods.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 10:06:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Be sure to clap during the announcement, the state will be watching you as you watch the state http://newfocusintl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/northkoreantelevision.jpg
Or how badly photoshopped the TV looks
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I agree.

View Quote
Her speeches sound like she's reading a childrens book to 4th graders.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 10:29:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
maybe she will remove some more civil war memorials ... that will show she means business
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#36]
What if the warhead is loaded with this and launched at the beginning of a 49ers game?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/5/2017 11:59:06 PM EDT
[#37]
RAW: North Korea launches ICBM (state TV footage)
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 12:07:53 AM EDT
[#38]
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-vows-tougher-action-on-north-korea-after-missile-test/ar-BBDMOlY?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=wispr

"UNITED NATIONS — The United States toughened its military pressure and invective against nuclear-armed North Korea on Wednesday “any country that does business with this outlaw regime.”

The American actions came a day after North Korea conducted a successful test of an intercontinental ballistic missile that appeared capable of hitting Alaska and Hawaii and was described by the United States as a “dangerous escalation” in what has become a crisis for the Trump administration. Claiming the test had been timed to America’s July 4 holiday, North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, described the missile as a “gift package” to the United States.

The proposal for broader sanctions appeared aimed especially at China, North Korea’s most important trading partner. It was part of a vocal public effort by the Trump administration to push President Xi Jinping of China by linking improved American-Chinese trade relations to solving the North Korea problem — and threatening worse trade relations if China does not help more."

Link Posted: 7/6/2017 12:09:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What if the warhead is loaded with this and launched at the beginning of a 49ers game?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/327183/IMG-0196-247105.JPG

http://www.filminamerica.com/Movies/TheRock/rock27.jpg
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 12:22:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Pentagon explains why it didn''t shoot down North Korean ICBM
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top