View Quote
Any notes on how you fixed yours?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Keith1980:
I picked up a generator before all this. I got it for $400 so technically it's a budget buy. It was pretty much brand new. It has electric start but the battery was dead. Started first pull every time. It's a Craftsman with an 11hp Briggs and Stratton. 6300 running watts and 9100 surge. I powered my fridge, a 10,000btu portable AC for my room, and some lights. Meter showed it was only a 20% load and I got about 18-20 hours off of the 7 gallon tank. The guy I bought it from gave me 2 heavy duty special cords for it and I looked them up. They were about $150-160 a piece.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/262514/IMG_2669_JPG-299273.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/262514/IMG_2670_JPG-299271.jpg
View Quote
PARDON ME, WHAT WERE YOU SAYING?

<-- knows what an 11hp Tecumseh sounds like
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I heart this thread
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Is the Predator 2000 really a Yamaha clone or a Honda clone?
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 12:02:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By M4-AK:
View Quote
I'd say more of a Yamaha clone based on the engine size alone. 
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 7:55:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mitsuman47:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mitsuman47:
Being that Honda is suing I'm more inclined to lean towards Honda clone. 6 of 1 half dozen of the other though really.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 9:04:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SouthernBeau:

Being that Honda is suing I'm more inclined to lean towards Honda clone. 6 of 1 half dozen of the other though really.
View Quote
Haha. Didn't know Honda was suing them. I guess that answers that. 
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 7:40:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Truman_Sparks] [#10]
I got a little power meter from Amazon. This one.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 8:45:37 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
I stole this from a Youtube video response...

Take it for what it is worth...

Joeak74
Joeak74
6 months ago
Great job on making the video Mike!
I have two of these generators (so I can parallel two of them) and they are incredible generators! They are a copy of the Yamaha EF2000IS, and a "Red" version of the "wen 56200i". The engine is a clone of the Yamaha EF200Is's MZ80 engine (80cc). It has a cast iron liner, forged rocker arms, and does NOT use a fuel pump like Honda's EU2000I. One less failure point. A well designed and long lasting engine.
It also has a fuel gauge like the Yamaha (i know you know this), and you CAN shut off the fuel to the carburetor and run the carburetor dry by putting the "Off, Run, Start" switch right between the "Off " and 'Run" positions. That way you never have to worry about having fuel sit in the carb and get old. This information is in the "Wen 56200I" manual. Just put it between the two positions, run it dry , and then turn it to "OFF".You can't do this with the Honda (unfortunately).
The stator is also copper wound and a quality unit. I would recommend getting a aluminum magnetic dipstick/drain tube kit for it, and an hour meter (easily installed). These are the same parts that the Yamaha EF2000IS uses.
This generator does produce a "Clean Sine Wave", and is safe for all your sensitive electronics.
One last thing... the box states 66 decibels of noise which is incorrect. It has to be a typo.  Its much less than that. This predator generator is VERY,VERY quiet.I've tested it with a basic sound meter and multiple apps downloaded on a galaxy 7s. There are no industry standards that I know of for generator decibel tests, but I believe that most tests are taken in the middle of an open field with no wind at 25 feet and ambient noise level of about 30-40 decibels. When I tested mine, I was getting 53-57 decibels 3 feet in front of the unit (esc switch on), 30-40 decibels at 25 feet away from the side of the unit (ESC switch on), and 53-57 decibels about 3 feet from the back (exhaust) side. When I would go back to the front of the unit and turn OFF the ESC switch and stand 3 feet away I would get about 62 decibels.
Obviously the more load on it the more noise produced. these readings are with the ESC ON, which is equivalent to about a quarter load (up to 400 watts) I'll update after another test at a higher load... say around 1200 watts.
I use to own a Honda EU2000IS, and they are awesome,, just not $1000 awesome. $2 a watt is ridiculous. This predator is VERY quiet, extremely durable, produces clean power, and won't break your wallet. I get just under 14 hours of run time on a tank of fuel with a 300 watt load.
One last thing i would like to add ...The Honda EU2000 is now made in (memory)Thailand or Malaysia, and the Yamaha EF2000IS is now made in China. Both made in ISO 9001compliant factories.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I’m gonna build an enclosure for it with acoustic panels to help with the noise and protect it from the elements.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By danpass:

PARDON ME, WHAT WERE YOU SAYING?

<-- knows what an 11hp Tecumseh sounds like
I’m gonna build an enclosure for it with acoustic panels to help with the noise and protect it from the elements.
I had considered a similar plan but didn't follow through.

Part of my plan was to use those heavy foam workmats stapled/glued to plywood.  Cheaper than dynamat.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 8:52:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: onealphay2k] [#13]
Originally Posted By onealphay2k:
Thanks!  I bought one.  $329 shipped to FL is hard to beat.  Looks like Westinghouse sells the same one with good reviews.  I bought the HF one last week but haven't opened the box yet.  Once this one arrives in good shape I am going to return the HF and save $100. I did notice that the seller has horrible feedback, but I am willing to take my chances.  eBay always sides with the buyer.  I am in no rush so I will play this out if necessary.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By onealphay2k:
Originally Posted By uwp:
Originally Posted By BIKECOP29:
Originally Posted By GLHX2112:

I'm seriously considering ordering one of those too, since it looks like its a clone of the Predator... $359 with free shipping and no taxes.... that kicks the shit out of the HF deal for the same Gen.
Sale ends tomorrow.
Pretty solid reviews on Amazon and Newegg.
an even lower price?
a clone of a clone for the duromax on ebay for $330 and free shipping and no tax(?)?

Quip-All 2,200 Watt Gas Portable Inverter Generator (CARB) 2200I

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quip-All-2-200-Watt-Gas-Portable-Inverter-Generator-CARB-2200I-New-/282606848712

apparently from this company near Atlanta:
http://www.cpooutlets.com/quip-all-2200i-2-200-watt-gas-portable-inverter-generator--carb-/qpln2200i,default,pd.html

who collects tax in (if purchasing direct from them I guess):
California, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi and Tennessee
Thanks!  I bought one.  $329 shipped to FL is hard to beat.  Looks like Westinghouse sells the same one with good reviews.  I bought the HF one last week but haven't opened the box yet.  Once this one arrives in good shape I am going to return the HF and save $100. I did notice that the seller has horrible feedback, but I am willing to take my chances.  eBay always sides with the buyer.  I am in no rush so I will play this out if necessary.
Update, the genny arrived in 4 days via FedEx in good shape.  It's as nice as the harbor freight in terms of fit and finish.  Colman and Westinghouse sell the same one just different colors and stickers.  I went back and ordered a second one so I have the option to run parallel.  I may purchase the 3 year assurant extended warranty after I do some research on it as eBay sells the 3 year for $19 but the item has to be new and come with a warranty.   I need to read the fine print first but you can purchase up to 30 days.  In with the manual I found a doc "US EPA CALIFORNIA EMISSION CONTROL WARRANTY STATEMENT" that says it has a two year warranty.  I can scan it tomorrow and post it up if anyone is interested.  It came with a pint of oil, funnel, dc battery charging cables, and spark plug wrench.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 8:56:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#14]

Part of my plan was to use those heavy foam workmats stapled/glued to plywood.  Cheaper than dynamat.
View Quote
Building your own enclosure for a generator not designed with one, don’t you have to worry about heat build-up and airflow?  Or is it basically the same engine, just with no cover?
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 9:09:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

Building your own enclosure for a generator not designed with one, don’t you have to worry about heat build-up and airflow?  Or is it basically the same engine, just with no cover?
View Quote
Unless I'm not understanding one or the other I think they're saying an outdoor enclosure to keep it secure and knock the sound down when it's running. Lots of YouTube videos of people building them 
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By gman82001:
Unless I'm not understanding one or the other I think they're saying an outdoor enclosure to keep it secure and knock the sound down when it's running. Lots of YouTube videos of people building them 
View Quote
Ah.  Gotcha.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Well I got my magnetic drain plugs and some "alternative" plugs to get rid of the "Torch" plug that is in the Pred2000.

Which plug should I use the Champion or the Denso?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:40:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By drmgallen:

Joeak74
Joeak74
6 months ago
I have two of these generators (so I can parallel two of them) and they are incredible generators! They are a copy of the Yamaha EF2000IS, and a "Red" version of the "wen 56200i". The engine is a clone of the Yamaha EF200Is's MZ80 engine (80cc). It has a cast iron liner, forged rocker arms, and does NOT use a fuel pump like Honda's EU2000I. One less failure point. A well designed and long lasting engine.
It also has a fuel gauge like the Yamaha (i know you know this), and you CAN shut off the fuel to the carburetor and run the carburetor dry by putting the "Off, Run, Start" switch right between the "Off " and 'Run" positions. That way you never have to worry about having fuel sit in the carb and get old. This information is in the "Wen 56200I" manual. Just put it between the two positions, run it dry , and then turn it to "OFF".You can't do this with the Honda (unfortunately).
The stator is also copper wound and a quality unit. I would recommend getting a aluminum magnetic dipstick/drain tube kit for it, and an hour meter (easily installed). These are the same parts that the Yamaha EF2000IS uses.
This generator does produce a "Clean Sine Wave", and is safe for all your sensitive electronics.
One last thing... the box states 66 decibels of noise which is incorrect. It has to be a typo.  Its much less than that. This predator generator is VERY,VERY quiet.I've tested it with a basic sound meter and multiple apps downloaded on a galaxy 7s. There are no industry standards that I know of for generator decibel tests, but I believe that most tests are taken in the middle of an open field with no wind at 25 feet and ambient noise level of about 30-40 decibels. When I tested mine, I was getting 53-57 decibels 3 feet in front of the unit (esc switch on), 30-40 decibels at 25 feet away from the side of the unit (ESC switch on), and 53-57 decibels about 3 feet from the back (exhaust) side. When I would go back to the front of the unit and turn OFF the ESC switch and stand 3 feet away I would get about 62 decibels.
Obviously the more load on it the more noise produced. these readings are with the ESC ON, which is equivalent to about a quarter load (up to 400 watts) I'll update after another test at a higher load... say around 1200 watts.
I use to own a Honda EU2000IS, and they are awesome,, just not $1000 awesome. $2 a watt is ridiculous. This predator is VERY quiet, extremely durable, produces clean power, and won't break your wallet. I get just under 14 hours of run time on a tank of fuel with a 300 watt load.
One last thing i would like to add ...The Honda EU2000 is now made in (memory)Thailand or Malaysia, and the Yamaha EF2000IS is now made in China. Both made in ISO 9001compliant factories.
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:52:33 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes

Build your generator box.

Add a couple in-line, 6" duct fans moving air OUT & horizontally at the top of said box.
Plug them into the generator via a pig - tailed plug.

Install a couple / three soffit vents.  One over each fan and one or two down low ( for intake ).

Locate a metal, threaded floor flange on the box where it would meet up with the Benny's exhaust and add the appropriate length pipe to eject the genny's exhaust out of the box.

I built one of these for my Yamaha inverter 2800 back in '07 or '08 because the mfr said to NOT run it in the rain.

I attached the 2800 and 2' X 4' box to a 2" receiver so it would power my RV while running down the road or stationary.

Worked like a charm, but it was too heavy for one guy to install in the receiver.

Our needs changed so I disassembled the box.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 11:58:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Well I got my magnetic drain plugs and some "alternative" plugs to get rid of the "Torch" plug that is in the Pred2000.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/142497/Plugs-319166.JPG
View Quote
Where did you get the drain plug?
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 12:04:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Truman_Sparks:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Truman_Sparks:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/142497/Plugs-319166.JPG
From here...

https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Ef2000iS-Magnetic-Oil-Dipstick/dp/B004DMQ85W
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 4:26:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Bones45:
Oddly, the manuals for all their generators specify stabilizer treated gas.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bones45:
Originally Posted By Stoop:
Originally Posted By SKWEE-G:
In three days we used 6 gallons of fuel. We have 15 gal on hand and would have been good for a while. Ended up running out of sta-bil which is a requirement per the warranty info in the manual
Surely you don't need sta-bil for fuel you are putting in and using right away, only needed for gas left in the tank for a long time.
Oddly, the manuals for all their generators specify stabilizer treated gas.
They likely assume that the generator will not run out of gas and there will be some left in the tank for probably a long time before it's use again.  There's indeed no need to use stabilizers if for immediate use.   In my case, since all my gas cans have treated gasoline, all the gas fed into the generators are treated.   However, in a case like FL where I would expect to use a lot of gas right away I would not bother treating it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 8:18:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami_JBT] [#23]

Joeak74
Joeak74
6 months ago
View All Quotes

Joeak74
Joeak74
6 months ago
I'm not so sure about that.... from the Wen manual.

DRAINING THE FUEL TANK

Clean fuel tank each year or before storing the generator for extended periods of time. To drain the fuel tank and carburetor: 

1. Set idle control switch to “ON” position. Start generator without any device connected to it. Turn the fuel valve to “off” position while the engine is running until it stops. This burns out the fuel in the carburetor and fuel line. 
2. Set the vacuum relief valve on top of the fuel cap to “OFF” position. Drain oil from the crankcase (refer to “changing/adding oil” section of this manual).
3. Remove the fuel cap; carefully turn the generator over to pour the gasoline in the fuel tank to appropriate con-tainer. 
4. Once fuel is drained, reinstall the fuel cap.
5. Store the emptied gasoline in a suitable place.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 9:49:47 AM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes

That was part of the reason I dropped it.  
One side was simply a box fan lol, the opposite side half open (exhaust), two closed ends, a closed top.  I didn't feel it gained much to quiet it down with that caveman open frame design and the heat the sucker put out.

Less hassle to just buy the Champion Inverter 2800/3100
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:57:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Pot growers use to build a 3 ft wall out of straw bales to help muffle sound. This directed the noise up and still allowed ventilation. Saw this at remote grow operations on farms.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 12:45:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Desert_AIP] [#26]
e-trailer has the A-I Power 1600W/200W Inverter generator (with the 30A twistlock outlet) for $399 shipped.
This is the one that was out of stock at Home Depot.

https://www.etrailer.com/Generators/A-iPower/289-SUA2000i.html?feed=npn

This one has a Chinese motor (Senci) and is a copy of the Yamaha powered A-I Power 1600W/2000W.
Has iron cylinder sleeve.
2 year parts warranty.

Same price as the HF with a coupon.  No tax.

Link Posted: 9/28/2017 1:16:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By fisherman:

May be a common issue, mine did to.
View Quote

I hope not...

My Champion is 6 years old, but no leaks as of now.  It only has around 8 hours runtime, though, and that was just test runs and break in.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 1:25:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: danpass] [#28]
Originally Posted By Desert_AIP:
e-trailer has the A-I Power 1600W/200W Inverter generator (with the 30A twistlock outlet) for $399 shipped.

This one has a Chinese motor (Senci) and is a copy of the Yamaha powered A-I Power 1600W/2000W.
2 year parts warranty.

https://www.etrailer.com/static/images/pics/2/8/289-SUA2000i_16_1000.jpg
https://www.etrailer.com/static/images/pics/2/8/289-SUA2000i_39_1000.jpg
https://www.etrailer.com/static/images/pics/2/8/289-SUA2000i_43_1000.jpg
View Quote
that chit has a 30A twist lock!

Does it use a fuel pump?

Will it output 30A by itself?

for some reason I'm thinking the Honda Companion does not (despite also having an L5-30R)
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#29]

that chit has a 30A twist lock!

Does it use a fuel pump?

Will it output 30A by itself?

for some reason I'm thinking the Honda Companion does not (despite also having an L5-30R)
View Quote
Don't know about a fuel pump.
Does the Yamaha have one?  If yes I'd Assume yes.
Etrailer has two vids on that genny.  They might mention it.

It puts out the same as the HF or Honda EU2000.
1600W continuous 2000W peak.
And is parallelable.
A pair of them is $799.  They come with parallel cables.

It's similar to the Honda EU2000 companion with the built in twist lock.
You can parallel it and don't need a separate combiner box for the full 26A output.
Also, if you have a 30A inlet into an interlock panel, you can hook up a single genny directly via that plug.
The Twist locks are nice because they are more secure and less likely to fall out or be kicked out.

I'm seriously toying with getting one.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 1:50:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Don't know about a fuel pump.
Does the Yamaha have one?  If yes I'd Assume yes.
Etrailer has two vids on that genny.  They might mention it.

It puts out the same as the HF or Honda EU2000.
1600W continuous 2000W peak.
And is parallelable.
A pair of them is $799.  They come with parallel cables.

It's similar to the Honda EU2000 companion with the built in twist lock.
You can parallel it and don't need a separate combiner box for the full 26A output.
Also, if you have a 30A inlet into an interlock panel, you can hook up a single genny directly via that plug.
The Twist locks are nice because they are more secure and less likely to fall out or be kicked out.

I'm seriously toying with getting one.
View Quote
ok, I did the math.

2000/120 = 16.6A.  So that's the most a single could do.  Two = 3200 running = 26.6A.  So it would have to be two to get the amps up there.

I did notice in the listing though .... 65dB.  That's 6dB higher than the Honda ... definitely moving into the 'damn, another genny is running' territory.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#31]

2 year parts warranty.

https://www.etrailer.com/static/images/pics/2/8/289-SUA2000i_16_1000.jpg
https://www.etrailer.com/static/images/pics/2/8/289-SUA2000i_39_1000.jpg
https://www.etrailer.com/static/images/pics/2/8/289-SUA2000i_43_1000.jpg
View Quote
I looked at the A-I Power.  I'd spend the extra $100 and get the version with the real Yamaha engine ($499 at Costco.com).  Hell, just the Yamaha logo on the side must be worth $100.

In the end, I chickened out having never heard of A-Ipower or being able to find anything about the company.  Preferred Champion's 3 year warranty and lifetime support.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 3:12:47 PM EDT
[#32]

ok, I did the math.

I did notice in the listing though .... 65dB.  That's 6dB higher than the Honda ... definitely moving into the 'damn, another genny is running' territory.
View Quote
Same math as the Hondas or the HF/Wen, etc.

Interesting observation on the noise factor.
That places it above the HF.  It seems like a large jump though from 61dB to 65dB, over twice as loud.
I wonder if that's on eco mode or not.  I see the videos for the AI Power are a lot in European/Australian locations.
The Youtube vids comparing the HF to the Hondas show the HF is quieter.  
But that's the 3500W model and the Honda 3500W is quieter than the 2000W.

Makes the Northern Tool version (with 30A twist lock) at $599 and 52dB more attractive.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200623983_200623983

With 30A twist lock outlets
Honda Companion 52dB $850 (what I paid on sale)  Parallel cables extra
Northern Tool 52dB $599 Parallel cables included
A-iPower Yamaha 65dB $499 Parallel cables included
A-iPower Senci 65dB $399 Parallel cables included

Harbor Freight 61dB $399 (with coupon until the 30th) but no 30A outlet.

Hmmmmm

Harbor Freight is looking good again.
With tax it's be $440 out the door vs $400 delivered for the Ai Power.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 3:26:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Have mine breaking in with a 18" fan plugged in. It's pretty quiet, the fan is almost just as loud. Ordered some Sta-bil and the magnetic drain plug.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 3:28:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slack_out] [#34]
My plan from the beginning of this thread has been to get a 2nd Predator 2000 and HF's parallel box/outlet.  My first Predator seems great, very VERY quiet, broke-in fine, but really need that 30 amp outlet like the above A-iPower (Senci motor) @ 65dB for $399...no parallel kit required since it has a 30 amp twist-lock plug built in.

Still have a couple more days to jump on the HF Predator 2000 deal.  Hmmm....
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By slack_out:
My plan from the beginning of this thread has been to get a 2nd Predator 2000 and HF's parallel box/outlet.  My first Predator seems great, very VERY quiet, broke-in fine, but really need that 30 amp outlet like the above A-iPower (Senci motor) @ 65dB for $399...no parallel kit required since it has a 30 amp twist-lock plug built in.

Still have a couple more days to jump on the HF Predator 2000 deal.  Hmmm....
View Quote
I'm considering buying the HF and modifying with a 30A outlet.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 3:49:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#36]
Same math as the Hondas or the HF/Wen, etc.
Interesting observation on the noise factor.
That places it above the HF.  It seems like a large jump though from 61dB to 65dB, over twice as loud.
I wonder if that's on eco mode or not.  I see the videos for the AI Power are a lot in European/Australian locations.

[snip]
View Quote
Ten decibels higher is twice as loud.  Four decibels is about 20% louder, IIRC.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Why would you need/want a 30a twistlock on a 2000w genny? Serious question.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 4:32:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Desert_AIP] [#38]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
View All Quotes
From my post 8 posts above:
It's just like the Honda EU2000i Companion.
If you intend to hook it up to a house electrical system via an interlock or an RV, it gives you a lot of options.
If you only buy one Honda, or buy them one at a time, I'd get the Companion first.
You don't need a third piece of equipment (paralleling panel) to hook up the generators together and get the full 26A output.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 4:35:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Desert_AIP] [#39]

Ten decibels higher is twice as loud.  Four decibels is about 20% louder, IIRC.
View Quote
Sound energy doubles every 3dB.
Perceptible changes, subjectively "louder" usually occur at 6dB increments.
3dB is theoretically "twice as loud" because it is a doubling of power.
6dB is measured as "twice as loud" because it is twice the output voltage or amplitude.
10dB is subjectively "twice as loud" - perceived as such by the ear/brain.

Link Posted: 9/28/2017 4:50:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: itstock] [#40]
My Quip-all is in.    I'll be using this for some job sites, the race track, and as a loaner.  

If I have time this weekend, I'll do a side by side with my Honda EU2000i but I am fairly certain that the quip all is QUIETER in eco mode, about the same in normal mode.  This is under no load for both.  I'm impressed with the Quip-all, and hopefully it lasts longer than my one EU2000i that died after 30 hours.  

My initial impressions are that this Quip-all feels just as solid as my Honda, but the engine will tell the truth in the end. I'm fairly certain that I will be purchasing a second one.  VIDEO TO COME

Vertical video warning   This started first pull choke on with barely a pull, I was actually just seeing how much tension there was to start.  

This is also the same gen as the PowerMate 2000i Portable Inverter Generator, which gets awesome reviews.

Link Posted: 9/28/2017 4:51:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mk4dubbin] [#41]

From my post 8 posts above:

It's just like the Honda EU2000i Companion.
If you intend to hook it up to a house electrical system via an interlock or an RV, it gives you a lot of options.
If you only buy one Honda, or buy them one at a time, I'd get the Companion first.
You don't need a third piece of equipment (paralleling panel) to hook up the generators together and get the full 26A output.
View Quote
If you're paralleling with the 30a twistlock then now you don't have a way to 30a twistlock back into your house panel...right? So, kind of a moot point?

I need to get a genny, I'm just trying to figure out what features I actually need.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 5:05:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By itstock:
My Quip-all is in.    I'll be using this for some job sites, the race track, and as a loaner.  

If I have time this weekend, I'll do a side by side with my Honda EU2000i but I am fairly certain that the quip all is QUIETER in eco mode, about the same in normal mode.  This is under no load for both.  I'm impressed with the Quip-all, and hopefully it lasts longer than my one EU2000i that died after 30 hours.  

My initial impressions are that this Quip-all feels just as solid as my Honda, but the engine will tell the truth in the end. I'm fairly certain that I will be purchasing a second one.  VIDEO TO COME

Vertical video warning  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnS1YMCCQZM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPp5PAJbasE
View Quote
Scepter RV520S gas can for the win
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 5:07:19 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes

Vertical video warning  

I think I got 5 of them thanks to ARFCOM, when they went on sale errr something.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 5:10:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Desert_AIP] [#44]

If you're paralleling with the 30a twistlock then now you don't have a way to 30a twistlock back into your house panel...right? So, kind of a moot point?

I need to get a genny, I'm just trying to figure out what features I actually need.
View Quote
Not moot at all.

Single generator hook into the house with the twist lock - no adapter from 20A non locking to 30A twist lock needed.
or
Parallel with the parallel cables through the parallel ports and hook into the house with the twist lock - no parallel panel needed.
or
Parallel with a suicide cable between the 20A standard outlets and hook into the house with the twist lock - no parallel panel needed.
(That second option has some risk if the parallel cable is kicked loose since it would be live from the other still running generator).
OR
Replace the dual 20A outlet with a dual NEMA L5-15R, Parallel through the L5-15R ports with a twist lock suicide cable and hook into the house with the twist lock - no parallel panel needed.

OR
Build a multi place parallel panel, parallel the 3 generators via the twist lock into a combiner box with a 50A circuit breaker and output 39A from that box to a 50A inlet.

I like the cable security of the twist locks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 5:11:18 PM EDT
[#45]

Vertical video warning  

View Quote
Is that the $329 one?
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 5:11:56 PM EDT
[#46]

I think I got 5 of them thanks to ARFCOM, when they went on sale errr something.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/28/2017 5:13:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Is that the $329 one?
View All Quotes

Vertical video warning  

Is that the $329 one?
Yes
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 5:23:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: danpass] [#48]
I have funnels, a couple of Super Easy Siphons (with the glass ball) and now I'm looking at this thing to use it with a 15 gallon HDPE drum

Thoughts?

Action Pump siphon

Link Posted: 9/28/2017 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#49]
I have funnels, a couple of Super Easy Siphons (with the glass ball) and now I'm looking at this thing to use it with a 15 gallon HDPE drum

Thoughts?

Action Pump siphon

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61xC8l%2BRa0L._SL1500_.jpg
View Quote
I use that to transfer C16 to my race car and it works great, BUT it does lose suction/siphon every now and then (I guess do to air leakage).  I wouldn't rely on it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote
Thank you, sir.
Page / 107
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top