Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I collect WWII items from all major countries involved. If I have time tomorrow and there is interest, I could post some Kraut stuff.
View Quote
You're the only dude I've ever met that didn't creep me the fuck out with the "I collect uniforms" thing.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:23:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been trying to get Hitlers skull for years. Sadly that SOB has proven elusive.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My wife wants to buy an Audi.
View Quote
I don't have any clothing made by Hugo Boss.

See how that works?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I try to collect wwii stuff in general. The only 2 Nazi things I have are a dagger and sheath from a german dress uniform, could even be Luftwaffe. Also a full size Nazi flag with a round Italian stamp on it translated 'province of napoli'  on it. taken down from a town hall in italy by a private Horvath. no pics because I don't know how to put them on here.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope, I don't have anything German from the Nazi era that comes to mind.

I've been looking for a fountain pen that was used by Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord for about three years now, but I've not had any luck. I've run across a couple of pens with swastika and Reichsadler adornment, but they were both expensive and fake.

On the off chance someone here has a pen from that era, I would certainly be interested - even more so if it had provenance.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh, there's one other Nazi thing I'd jump on given the chance - a Sauer M30. It's a drilling (combination rifle/shotgun), and was issued to Luftwaffe pilots as a survival weapon:

For comparison, here's the M4 survival rifle that was developed around the same time:

The above comparison really serves to illustrate the German fetish for quality.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Does this count ??

Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:08:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oh, there's one other Nazi thing I'd jump on given the chance - a Sauer M30. It's a drilling (combination rifle/shotgun), and was issued to Luftwaffe pilots as a survival weapon:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/media/2914444/luftwaffe.jpg

For comparison, here's the M4 survival rifle that was developed around the same time:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5f/M4-Survival-Rifle.jpg

View Quote
You probably know this, but "Drilling" in firearms context means three barreled.
Spellings vary.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:11:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I own a number of items including an Iron Cross and some coins. Similar but different, I have a respectable and growing collection of Luftwaffe aircraft parts. Mostly from Focke Wulf 190 and BF109’s. Collecting the parts has really brought me closer to understanding the men and the machines. This is NOT a cheap hobby, but really what hobby is? For me, it tough to put a price on owning a piece of history. For example, I own two pieces of Joseph Prillers FW-190D, taken from its crash site in Freeman Indiana.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

In this picture, you can see a data plate for a very late war FW-190D-9 and in the background you see part of a turbine blade from a Jumo-004; the engine that powered the ME-262.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I collect world war 2 books. Does that count?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You probably know this, but "Drilling" in firearms context means three barreled.
Spellings vary.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/media/2914444/luftwaffe.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5f/M4-Survival-Rifle.jpg

Spellings vary.
Yep. "Drei" is German for "three".
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:15:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yep. "Drei" is German for "three".
View Quote
I have had (seriously) people insist that "drilling" meant combination gun. I have had one insist that a vierling was a drilling because it had both rifle and shotgun barrels.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I found a dress dagger in my dad's sock drawer after he died. My sister asked me if I wanted this "gaudy looking knife" and I just about said no, then I read Solengen on the blade. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:40:12 PM EDT
[#14]
A neighbor has a luger his father brought home from WW2. His dad let me shoot it a few times.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 9:00:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I found a dress dagger in my dad's sock drawer after he died. My sister asked me if I wanted this "gaudy looking knife" and I just about said no, then I read Solengen on the blade. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/157440/IMG_20171009_181822-329343.JPG
View Quote
Luftwaffe I believe.  I sold one like it for my parents on Ebay back in the day.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 9:06:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I've got some stuff.  Coins, ammo, uniform bits, etc.

Ive owned a Luger and an SA dagger.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 9:07:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought this weird Nazi typewriter thingy at a garage sale for $15.00.Attachment Attached File

Just kidding, it’s an enigma code machine from the U boat museum in Chicago.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 9:08:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Got a few coins and some paper money, some medals and whatnot that were given to me by an uncle
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't have any but I sure would love a 98k or a Luger. (before anyone thinks this is a "gotcha" there's a huge difference between collecting war trophies and wearing a swastika around town).

I do have japanese money from WWII, some Iraqi money with Saddam and various Soviet trinkets. My dad was a cold war era Submariner on a boomer, so I found this neat Soviet long distance submarine patrol medal while I was in Latvia. Also have a few Soviet airborne badges and things like that.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 9:26:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 9:35:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Have a few things family members brought back from WWII.
Dont collect, hell havent even looked at stuff in 25 or 30 years.
Creeps me out.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't.

(I would)
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You're the only dude I've ever met that didn't creep me the fuck out with the "I collect uniforms" thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I collect WWII items from all major countries involved. If I have time tomorrow and there is interest, I could post some Kraut stuff.
@tweeter

Do I creep you out in other ways?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 10:09:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 10:11:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Possibly
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#26]
exactly 2 things.  
this coin.  "cause it's got silver in it"

and this

Link Posted: 10/9/2017 10:18:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I used to, but there are so many fakes that I gave up.
View Quote
Here's the problem.  Got some stuff, but....
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 10:18:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My grandfather brought back a Luger, my uncle has it.
View Quote
Same. Also arm bands. Lots of arm bands
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 10:35:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Do you have the book "Black Edelweiss"?
View Quote
I'm not sure.... I'll look.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 10:53:06 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't, but I have a K98 and specifically sought one out with intact waffenamts (as well as a cupped butt plate). My dad gave me a P.38 picked up off a WWII battlefield by a relative. (He didn't kill the Germans he found dead. Arty had gotten them.) I have weapons from several WWII belligerent nations.

I would not pursue Nazi artifacts because their high cost exceeds my level of interest, and there are too many fakes. If I had the time and money to get authentic stuff, I'd collect it from all nations equally.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 11:56:18 PM EDT
[#31]
@NoMoAMMO
4th Rifle from the left, with the sticker on the end. Is there a story on that?
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 12:19:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Nope.  Would really like a P08 or P38 though.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 12:27:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

@NoMoAMMO
View Quote
The red at the end of the forearm stock?
Looks like a wood repair maybe?
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 1:04:05 AM EDT
[#34]
I don't personally but I would. Although a guy I work with is an avid collector. Has helmets, hats, uniforms, even has an autographed photo of Hitler. He keeps it in his basement on display. I heard him jokingly tell his wife that he (Hitler) should be on display upstairs above the fireplace, not in the basement like he did something wrong.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 1:35:53 AM EDT
[#35]
I've got a Mauser and maybe a handgun or two with Nazi markings.   Other than guns, I have no interest in owning general Nazi shit.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 2:00:02 AM EDT
[#36]
I started with a small group of insignia and a PPK my mother brought back from WWII.  Still have the PPK but traded off all the other stuff in the 1970s and 1980s after already running into too much reproduction crap and getting burned a few times.  Mom was a Red Cross Clubmobile Captain, by the way.

As my user name implies, I seriously collect ordnance and munitions and have perhaps 50 or 60 WWII German hand, rifle, and pistol grenades in the collection.  Even that field is getting overrun with fakes lately and ordnance is getting really hard to import from Europe without Customs problems, so not a lot has been added lately.

Probably the best "nazi" piece in the pile is the Borgward Sd.Kfz.302 Goliath remote controlled demolition vehicle that I'm slowly restoring.  It neatly ties up my interest in military vehicles and explosive ordnance and is as close as I'll ever get to owning a real German tank.........because it actually is a real German tank, all 5 feet of it.

Link Posted: 10/10/2017 2:37:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 6:36:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@NoMoAMMO
@Matt45

Yep just a repair piece.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 7:36:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Mostly pistols, one or two knives, and binoculars.  My uncle tried to mail home half of occupied Germany.  I don't really collect Nazi stuff like uniforms, kits, plates and such.

But the firearms have their own merit just because of the design and quality.  I collect other guns like Victory models (I have two navy), Colt Commando, 1911s, M1s...

I never like the Japanese stuff.  And other than the Italian 1934, not much interest there either.  

But collecting Nazi pistols can be expensive and a lot of work, so many variations.  Different stages or revisions, manufactures, Wehrmacht, kriegsmarine, Luftwaffe, police.  You can spend a mint on just rounding up all the P38s, P08 Lugars are insane costs now.  Then there are the obscure ones like the proofed Kongsberg, Dreyse.   Or trying to find a nice example of what buyers considered junk in the 50's and neglected like Astra and Star.  And I have yet to see a Volkspistole in the wild.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 7:46:56 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm collecting WW2 stuff (mainly helmets, I own 55 of them) so I own a M40 kriegsmarine helmet removed from a KIA in Normandy, some luftschutz helmets, stamps, coins, shells, propaganda, canteen etc...
But I'm not searching for German militaria.
_ As already said at least 95% of the things sold as original are fakes.
_ Prices are way too much inflated, 850$ for a single decal helmet should be a joke and not the reality.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 8:18:09 AM EDT
[#41]
I used to own Hitler's personal UPS .45 Expert. It was marked AH.

Link Posted: 10/10/2017 8:32:43 AM EDT
[#42]
I've been called a "fucking Nazi piece of shit" for owning a C96 (1917 wartime commercial mind you)....does that count?
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 4:11:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
@tweeter

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@tweeter

Not even in the slightest.  But that might be weird for other people watching nearby
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Not even in the slightest.  But that might be weird for other people watching nearby
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@tweeter

Being watched. That's my fetish.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I've been called a "fucking Nazi piece of shit" for owning a C96 (1917 wartime commercial mind you)....does that count?
View Quote
Dirk Pitt used one, they can't be all bad.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Does an MP-40 count?
View Quote
Amongst he top 10 ww2 items for sure.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I found a dress dagger in my dad's sock drawer after he died. My sister asked me if I wanted this "gaudy looking knife" and I just about said no, then I read Solengen on the blade. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/157440/IMG_20171009_181822-329343.JPG
View Quote
Heer (army) dress dagger (dolch)
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 4:23:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Dirk Pitt used one, they can't be all bad.
View Quote
Nightprobe. Great book from when Cussler actually was still writing them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#49]
I have a 1941 Swedish edition of Mein Kampf. Not very many of those around.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#50]
I have a nice minty cz 27 with nazi markings. Id like to collect a little more "main stream" items but i have more important stuff to buy
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top