BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The backlash is that they are now being exposed for the hypocritical moral posturing they frequently engage in. You don't have much ground to stand on if you criticize Trump for making chauvinistic comments when your industry allows and hushes up this kind of behavior.

Like so many have commented, it's great to see them eat their own. Evil always turns in on itself.
View Quote
Force your enemies to live up to their own principles.

They say they hate sexual predators, rapists, and molesters? Well here ya go. Here's y'all's big chance to prove it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 12:39:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll know when this shit hits mainstream, when Brazzers makes a parody feature about Weinstein.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Force your enemies to live up to their own principles.

They say they hate sexual predators, rapists, and molesters? Well here ya go. Here's y'all's big chance to prove it.
View Quote
As were discussing Hollywood, MSNBC #2 host is talking about Russia and gun control right now on her show
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 12:51:30 PM EDT
[#4]
The timing of all this Hollywood rape scandals is meant to distract people from others news, like the Vegas shooting
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The timing of all this Hollywood rape scandals is meant to distract people from others news, like the Vegas shooting
View Quote
Then why are they burying the rape scandals?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:08:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Leftists tend to minimize and hide the failings of their own people. We're seeing that even now with NBC and Amazon trying to kill and control this story, even in light of the FBI getting involved in it.

Hell, New Mexico had a speaker of the house (Manny Aragon) sent to prison for graft and corruption on a monumental scale, and the worst his old compatriots would ever really say about him was that "he made some mistakes."

Weinstein also had a TON of influence, so he could destroy anyone that wronged him. If you shoot at the king, you best not miss.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Msm has reported that Weinstein started this back in 1984, I wonder how it's only now being brought to light?

I'm not trying to castigate victims but where was the outrage when it became known in hollyweird, that didn't just happen.
Leftists tend to minimize and hide the failings of their own people. We're seeing that even now with NBC and Amazon trying to kill and control this story, even in light of the FBI getting involved in it.

Hell, New Mexico had a speaker of the house (Manny Aragon) sent to prison for graft and corruption on a monumental scale, and the worst his old compatriots would ever really say about him was that "he made some mistakes."

Weinstein also had a TON of influence, so he could destroy anyone that wronged him. If you shoot at the king, you best not miss.
so much that we're so far removed and have forgotten the Google Bro story.  its now "meh" and could easily be an adder to women in the workplace situation.  though throwing too much at once could make the defense become the victim(s), which is typical response.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Keep the feast going.

View Quote
Yup.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#8]
We are in an interesting time.

A time where people are waking up to the fact that those they look up to are just other ordinary flawed people.

Celebrities, politicians, and wealthy people are just people.  They aren't special.  For most that's disconcerting.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:36:33 PM EDT
[#9]
"You'll never work in this town again."  Another meme not limited to Hollywood.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I really don't understand the shock and backlash over this.

It's gone on since the beginning of the entertainment industry.

Heck, as far back as the 30s, the casting couch has been a standard joke in all the film circles.

Funny how now all of a sudden the acknowledged but unspoken way of doing business in all the slime pits called mass media is suddenly such news.

Hell, how many movies have been made about it?

Just look at Jacquelin Susan's book and later the movie called Valley of the Dolls that came out around 67 or so.

It pretty much chronicled the sex, drugs, blackmail, and back room deals that make up the whole industry.
View Quote
I think it's because all these Hollywood elite types have decided they are now the moral compass for the US and feel the need to share their opinion and judgement at every turn. They know what's best for you. People are sick of it and are now returning the favor. I'm all for it. Let those a-holes suffer some public humiliation. Weinsteins response to his being exposed was now he was going to use this time off to take down the evil NRA. Talk about being in denial and uber narcissistic. Now with this dysfunctional social media based society that has been created, it's even easier to widely distribute the misdeeds of the famous. As long as they keep running their mouth, I hope it continues. I'm waiting to hear about Jimmy Kimmels love affair with a tranny. Lol!
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If Corey is ever going to fully talk, now is the time.

He's hinted several times but, as far as I know, never dropped names.
View Quote
There're two stadiums full of Hollypedos, sweating (for the first time) over something other than lust.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Think of all the kids shows too...I can imagine how many kids have been molested in that industry... I bet you get Doogie Howser and Fred Savage to come clean you would find out how many Sandusky's and Roman Polanskis are working out there.
View Quote
Nah, they're waiting for their turn at the back door.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'll know when this shit hits mainstream, when Brazzers makes a parody feature about Weinstein.
View Quote
SNL, are you listening? Or is Weinstein ignored because "he's a fellow New Yorker..." like Trump?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Delicious......
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Isn't eating some of their own, how all this got started?

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 6:47:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Parasites will do this
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 6:51:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We are in an interesting time.

A time where people are waking up to the fact that those they look up to are just other ordinary flawed people.

Celebrities, politicians, and wealthy people are just people.  They aren't special.  For most that's disconcerting.  
View Quote
Bang, right there.
the swamp is so wide and far.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 7:04:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Leftists are always surprised when they are expected to follow the "rules" they make up for everybody else.

However, it appears that many of them don't have to. (Clinton, Obama et al)
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#20]
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has expelled disgraced mogul Harvey Weinstein from its ranks.
View Quote
The Oscar winner, accused of sexual harrassment and assult, "does not merit the respect of his colleagues," the Academy said in immediately revoking his membership.
View Quote

Link
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 9:02:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's true.  Weinstein did something to piss the wrong people off, and was therefore "not to work in that town again".   Unless more names and testimony come out, he was a one off sacrifice like Polanski or Woody Allen or (any of the other periodic 'outings' over the past century).
View Quote
yep
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#23]
And why not? They are following the Bill Clinton example: cover up one scandal with another.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:00:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The way everything is getting shut down and focused ONLY on Harvey Weinstein makes me think he is the sacrificial lamb they sacrificed to attempt to show that "Hollywood has morals and some things won't be tolerated."   His sacrifice is to bring back the Blockbusters to the Box Office, since practically every movie this year has underperformed, they're willing to do anything to get people interested in movies again.  

If this were a True Reckoning, there would have been more names and more testimony out by now, but all new tweets focus on the story they've been trying to keep buried for over a week now:  Weinstein, and ONLY Weinstein.
View Quote
This is much deeper than Weinstein. And these are far from "normal flawed people".

It takes a special kind of mentality to want to make your living by being good at being someone else. By lying. Plus there the attention whoring fame thing. 

But the child abuse is so prevalent it would be easier to find a kid who hadn't been abused than ones who had. There's Jay North, the kid that played Dennis the menace, Patty Duke Mackenzie Phillips, that's just off the top of my head.

Some of these kids were openly abused on set while everyone else stood around in silence. Many pimped out by their own parents.

Weinstein is the tip of the iceberg. The entire industry is sick to the bone and has no business dolling out opinions on anything. 

The real mystery is why are they admired and worshipped?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 11:45:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The Chinese film industry is behind all of this.

They are trying to destroy Hollywood so that we have to import our consumer goods AND our media from China
View Quote
The World of Warcraft movie was better made than a lot of the hollywood crap.   Keep the politics out of it and make good movies and they could do it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 11:46:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 5:03:31 AM EDT
[#27]
The next thing we'll see is a total blackout of the story. Weinstein has the scoop on everyone in Hollywood; NO ONE will "truly" go after him. He'll get a pass on a lifetime of abuse.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 5:04:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 6:14:08 AM EDT
[#29]
They're doing this because once everyone started piling on old Harvey, it quickly became a trendy, virtue-signaling orgy.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 6:16:21 AM EDT
[#30]
 I wonder what Weinstein did to have them turn on him and set all this off? 
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Heck, as far back as the 30s, the casting couch has been a standard joke in all the film circles.

Funny how now all of a sudden the acknowledged but unspoken way of doing business in all the slime pits called mass media is suddenly such news.

Just look at Jacquelin Susan's book and later the movie called Valley of the Dolls that came out around 67 or so.

It pretty much chronicled the sex, drugs, blackmail, and back room deals that make up the whole industry.
View Quote
Because they're the ones that get up on their soapbox and talk down to the rest of us about equality, and women's rights, fairness, compassion, etc. like they know right from wrong better than the rest of us. While all this time there the biggest fuckin hypocrites around. 
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 10:42:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Does anybody really think anything is going to change?
View Quote
This time it will be different!
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 11:23:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Because they're the ones that get up on their soapbox and talk down to the rest of us about equality, and women's rights, fairness, compassion, etc. like they know right from wrong better than the rest of us. While all this time there the biggest fuckin hypocrites around. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have long maintained that one of the major (and most obvious) features of the liberal left is hypocrisy. Add to that "projection" (the psychological definition).
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Msm has reported that Weinstein started this back in 1984, I wonder how it's only now being brought to light?

I'm not trying to castigate victims but where was the outrage when it became known in hollyweird, that didn't just happen.
View Quote
pp

I wondered the same thing, why now?
Bill Cosby crossed the line with some high roller and paid the price.
By all accounts, Weistein was as big as you get in Hollywood, who could take him down?
I think this is all a distraction. Something really big has happened, will happen, or was stopped from happening.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#35]
The left always eats their own, it's the only thing that fills their soulless bodies
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
By all accounts, Weistein was as big as you get in Hollywood, who could take him down?
View Quote
Sibling rivalry.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:40:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not to mention, bring more people to movie theaters to enjoy Hollywood Productions.

They'll sacrifice another if box office numbers don't improve, wait and see.
View Quote
I think that trend is established.  People are going to movie theaters less and less.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#40]
When you consider $10-15 dollars a ticket and $20 for popcorn and two soft drinks it is no wonder average Americans have quit going to the movies. Why spend $50 for a date when you can use the latest popular app to socialize with at no cost.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Excellent soundtrack for any Harvey Weinstein thread.

Eagles - King of Hollywood
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 5:29:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
it goes back farther than that.. all the way back to the stage.. a prostitute was one step above a thespian.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#43]
It's old news here by now but I'm delighted that Variety had to include this news. Hollywood is a gossipy town
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Robespierre always ends up in his own guillotine.
View Quote
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top