Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:23:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Its not 3D printed, it is injection molded with a fiber reinforced polymer. The legs are 7075 T6 Aluminum that are overmolded with fiber reinforced polymer.

You are right, a 3D printed version would explode!
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:31:21 PM EDT
[#2]
We removed the hinge in the design, because the hinge is what requires all the weight and bulk in the bipod. The only way to make a truely ultra lightweight version is to remove the hinge and the springs and steel base that support the hinge.

It is slower to employ certainly, but this is for someone who cares more about weight reduction than functionality of a traditional bipod. Most guys who have to carry ARs for a living, do not use a bipod because they are too heavy and bulky and they are a single use item. This bipod is for them. This version of the bipod maximizes the use of a bipod, without adding any additional weight.

If you use a bipod all the time or are precision shooting, then a traditional bipod is what you should go with.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:33:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Its priced a lot less than a Harris.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:36:38 PM EDT
[#4]
So if I use your remarkable product in the assault phase, when I stand, and the legs fall out, is that a "feature"? I figure that I'm leaving it for my partner/spouse, who will employ it with her takedown .300mag NEF single shot. While she is assembling the rifle and bipod, I plan on "catching" the rounds fired at us with a double trauma plate in my vest, and my briefcase, which I will use to shield my head.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:36:41 PM EDT
[#5]
None of it is 3D printed! It is injection molded and the legs have a full length 7075 T6 Aluminum rod that is overmolded with fiber reinforced polymer.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:38:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We removed the hinge in the design, because the hinge is what requires all the weight and bulk in the bipod. The only way to make a truely ultra lightweight version is to remove the hinge and the springs and steel base that support the hinge.

It is slower to employ certainly, but this is for someone who cares more about weight reduction than functionality of a traditional bipod. Most guys who have to carry ARs for a living, do not use a bipod because they are too heavy and bulky and they are a single use item. This bipod is for them. This version of the bipod maximizes the use of a bipod, without adding any additional weight.

If you use a bipod all the time or are precision shooting, then a traditional bipod is what you should go with.
View Quote
So what happens when heavily loading your bipod or dragging gun around on its legs?

How hard can these stickd go before snapping, in terms of pounds of pressure?

No bipod is truly grunt proof unless its thick steel so save the thin plastic/aluminum stick is nearly indestructible marketing language out of your response. Cantor and honesty would do well here.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:39:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Aw shit.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:40:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Most guys who have to carry an AR for a living, don’t use a bipod because they are too heavy and bulky. This bipod is for the guys who want the stability of a bipod but don’t want the weight penalty.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:42:04 PM EDT
[#9]
You can stow the “Chopsticks” anywhere you want. There are a ton of options and in certain situations, you don’t even keep them on the rifle. They can be carried on your kit or in a go bag.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:44:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Nope, you don’t. The rubber bands are for additional storage options.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:45:51 PM EDT
[#11]
So you're saying your "not a shill" posts about this and you just randomly figure this out a few minutes It's a later and show up to answer questions?
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:47:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I already been put at top of the waiting list for the new experimental Ultra Extreme Duty Bipod!
Preordered just $275.00!!
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/213987/16FD0888-AA74-40F6-A918-B84AF761D9F4-345027.JPG
View Quote
^Man, that Skewer-Tac is the shit! Please tell me it's available in the soughtafter FDE finish..
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:49:46 PM EDT
[#13]
This is not the quickest bipod to employ, A little bit of speed is what you give up to get such a lightweight. If you really “need” a bipod, it’s likely that you have some time to take the shot. Furthermore, with a little bit of practice the legs can be put in place with one hand fairly quickly. And putting them in at night? Its about as hard as changing a mag at night.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:51:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
WitchDoc,

Please, let me offer a little lesson on using the features of the web site. If you're trying to reply to a particular post, it'll make a lot more sense and will be easier for everyone to follow if you'll click on the Quote button at the bottom of that particular post. Hovering your mouse over that button will expose a window which will allow you to choose either Quote Single or Quote All. Quote Single is if you want to include only that which the poster to whom you're replying has typed. Quote All is if you want to include any prior quotes they included in their reply. (Quote All makes it easier to keep track of things in long, or busy, threads with multiple people quoting each other.

Also, you don't really need to repeat yourself multiple times in a long series of replies. If you have a lot to say, just say it in a single post. The site has rules about manufacturers or retailers selling or promoting their goods on the site withhold paying for a vendor membership. If you're here just to defend your product in a single thread, especially if it's just a small number of posts, you're not likely to run afoul of the folks who run the place. But, the more you post, the greater your chances are of being asked to pony up for a vendor account in order to promote your wares.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:52:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Aw shit.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:53:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Can I get the tactical rubber bands in desert tan ? What about multi cam?
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:55:14 PM EDT
[#17]
It doesn’t rattle. Its different then a grippod. It has a barricade stop and a hand stop. Its a lot lighter and less bulky. The geometry of the bipod legs match that of a Harris making it less tippy than a grippod.

The grippod is a great product for what it is, we have used them on Para SAWs for years and they work good.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:57:36 PM EDT
[#18]

This thread is awesome.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:59:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Why, can’t you load the bipod?
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:00:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:08:28 AM EDT
[#21]
This bipod is not grunt proof. You can load the legs significantly. It is actually pretty hard to bend (permanently) the legs during reasonable use. I have stood on the rifle in full kit about 240 lbs to test the bipod strength and the 3 oz bipod held up. We don’t recommend trying that.

Like you said nothing is grunt proof, if it breaks during normal use we will replace it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:09:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Giggity

BeowolfX round duce
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:16:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Now it's getting interesting
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:18:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
WitchDoc,

Please, let me offer a little lesson on using the features of the web site. If you're trying to reply to a particular post, it'll make a lot more sense and will be easier for everyone to follow if you'll click on the Quote button at the bottom of that particular post. Hovering your mouse over that button will expose a window which will allow you to choose either Quote Single or Quote All. Quote Single is if you want to include only that which the poster to whom you're replying has typed. Quote All is if you want to include any prior quotes they included in their reply. (Quote All makes it easier to keep track of things in long, or busy, threads with multiple people quoting each other.

Also, you don't really need to repeat yourself multiple times in a long series of replies. If you have a lot to say, just say it in a single post. The site has rules about manufacturers or retailers selling or promoting their goods on the site withhold paying for a vendor membership. If you're here just to defend your product in a single thread, especially if it's just a small number of posts, you're not likely to run afoul of the folks who run the place. But, the more you post, the greater your chances are of being asked to pony up for a vendor account in order to promote your wares.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WitchDoc,

Dude, this post is really helpful, thanks. We have never been a part of forums like this before. Sorry for jacking up the thread. I am from the company, not hiding that. Im not trying to sell anyone or even defend our product. Just a lot of uniformed things being said here and we just want to make sure people who read this thread know what the truth is.

On the duplicates, I got you, thanks for straightening me away.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:43:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Any youtube videos of use and deployment?
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:52:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This bipod is not grunt proof. You can load the legs significantly. It is actually pretty hard to bend (permanently) the legs during reasonable use. I have stood on the rifle in full kit about 240 lbs to test the bipod strength and the 3 oz bipod held up. We don’t recommend trying that.

Like you said nothing is grunt proof, if it breaks during normal use we will replace it.
View Quote
Pics?
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:53:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Any youtube videos of use and deployment?
View Quote
Heathen Assaulter Bipod Product Video

Optimized Zero Target Transitions Practical Applications

Heathen Assaulter Bipod - Proper Handling of Bipod Legs

Here's their YT channel.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:54:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:56:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Who needs rubber bands when you can put them in your Kydex chopstick holder

Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:24:29 AM EDT
[#30]
@WitchDoc tell us more about the hand model in the first video!
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:26:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Instead of using those hideous bipod thing just put the gun lower to the ground and raise the sight up to your eyeball more.

http://www.beowulfx.com/files/includes/images/wp-content-uploads-2013-09-beowulfx_deluxe_closeup-1280x720.jpg
View Quote
Please..

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:36:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'll stick with my Harris, thank you very much.
View Quote
annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd a big QFT.

@FREEFALLE7 You never fail to deliver, I was done even considering research for ridicule purposes. Then I saw it, Kydex holster.

Seriously witchfella whatsyourname.. Fine motor skills???? On the 2way range? Neat-O concept, move on to the next thing, this is DOA.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:45:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Surprised no one has made FAL style bipods that fold right into the handguard.  My only FAL has it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:53:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Pics?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics?
Sorry to do this FreeFallE7, but this is the best I can do. Top of our FB page, I reposted from May 26th
https://m.facebook.com/HeathenSystems/
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 2:15:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Who needs rubber bands when you can put them in your Kydex chopstick holder

https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Tactical-Asian-Kydex-Chopstick-Holster-2.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 2:41:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Just shoot off your backpack like the rest of the planet.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 2:50:02 AM EDT
[#37]
What is the weight?  They dont advertise it clearly.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 2:52:25 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm here to post about rubber bands!
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 3:01:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What is the weight?  They dont advertise it clearly.
View Quote
3 oz
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 3:05:40 AM EDT
[#40]
It compliments your sight mount perfectly OP.

ETA- I've been beat several times
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 3:48:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Oh man. I'm just here for the postcount
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 4:22:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Well we have arrived, not sure what Beowulf X is. But we are here to answer any questions and correct a few comments. We aren’t butt hurt, so I don’t think its gonna be as fun as you think.
View Quote
Is the device 3d printed? What is the polymer? answered

I see $1 worth of plastic, rubber bands, a screw and nut, and some plasti-dipped aluminum sticks. How did you come to a $89.95 price point?

Why should I buy your bipod instead of Bomb-Tech's chopsti-pods?
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 4:28:03 AM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would like to know as well, hopefully not...
Look closer, they poke in holes in the plastic block, there is no hinge.

https://dqzrr9k4bjpzk.cloudfront.net/images/12197303/597890889.jpg

https://dqzrr9k4bjpzk.cloudfront.net/images/12197303/597890891.jpg
Looks shit.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 4:34:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 4:40:45 AM EDT
[#45]
What the hell is going on in here ? There's no way the OP can be serious about this bipod
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:20:47 AM EDT
[#46]
@witchdoc

The first video linked above says the legs are made of "aircraft grade aluminum"

What exactly is that?
Blend and temper I mean.  I make airplanes, and we have a LOT of grades of aluminum.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:56:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
@witchdoc

The first video linked above says the legs are made of "aircraft grade aluminum"

What exactly is that?
Blend and temper I mean.  I make airplanes, and we have a LOT of grades of aluminum.
View Quote
They probably used the same marketing guy ford did for their new F-150's that use "military grade" aluminum. 
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 9:39:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Most guys who have to carry ARs for a living, do not use a bipod because they are too heavy and bulky and they are a single use item. This bipod is for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Most guys who have to carry ARs for a living, do not use a bipod because they are too heavy and bulky and they are a single use item. This bipod is for them.
*getting shot at*
TIME OUT TIME OUT I NEED A MINUTE TO STICK MY PLASTIC CHOPSTICKS IN THE LITTLE HOLES

Quoted:
Most guys who have to carry an AR for a living, don’t use a bipod because they are too heavy and bulky. This bipod is for the guys who want the stability of a bipod but don’t want the weight penalty.
Saying it again won't make it any less false.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Actually...

If the little mount piece weighs nothing, and the legs weigh nothing, and if the combo is strong, i could see it not being completely useless.  The product should stow in a little MOLLE pouch in place of the rubber bands on the rifle.  Place the legs in the bipod in odd case when you need them.  

Keep the pouch on your pouch or in the truck.

Witch doc, send me one, I’ll try it out and post an impartial review.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top