Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And the best thing about Android is that you get all those great ads because Google knows every keystroke you make as well as  the content of every message and email you receive and the location and time of every place you go so they know exactly what you need.
View Quote
You can turn that shit off.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:14:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hipster phone.
View Quote
Aw c'mon now,  op is a serious adult.   Notice his professional use of " #UpGrayedd"  
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:16:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
And the best thing about Android is that you get all those great ads because Google knows every keystroke you make as well as  the content of every message and email you receive and the location and time of every place you go so they know exactly what you need.
View Quote
Actually the great thing about Android is that when garbage like that does get installed it's easy to find out what it is.  When an ad shows up, press the Task switcher button (the leftmost one that looks like a pile of squares).  The program generating the ad is revealed instantly.  Delete it in the App manager and you're done.

I don't see why this is such a big deal that the Apple dictatorship thinks users are intellectually incapable of handling more than a single button on their phone.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Iphone is like a idiot proof smart phone.
View Quote
*an
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:25:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I got a Samsung s8 a couple months ago.  Really miss my iPhone.

Very much prefer my old iphone 6 to the Samsung.

Should have brought it back during the 14 day refund period.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:28:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Apple sucks.

But really we're just arguing over what corporate monstrosity gets to own our data and track our every move.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:35:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Having current tech and not shit that is 3 years old is also nice with android phones. My year old HTC outperforms the X. And its an HTC, not a Samsung. Samsung is another step ahead.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LoL

cost aside

My shitty android phone allows me to

put icons whereever the fuck I want
customize EVERYTHING
been makin' folders since 2008
download and install any app I fucking want without approval from my apple overlords.
not have to jailbreak my phone to do anything cool
not have to buy a fucking dongle to plug in things
oh look removable storage, so I don't get raped for the larger storage size option (I guess we will discuss cost lol)
Having current tech and not shit that is 3 years old is also nice with android phones. My year old HTC outperforms the X. And its an HTC, not a Samsung. Samsung is another step ahead.
Benchmark scores tell a completely opposite picture, so I seriously doubt your old HTC outperforms the iP8 or iPX.  iP8 and iPX both have the same A11 Bionic chip.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-8-benchmarks-fastest-phone,review-4676.html
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I want to like Android, and their hardware is usually better but their OS totally blows. Unless you get a Google Device.. OS updates are practically non existent.  Once your device gets beyond 2 years old you can pretty much forget about updates for most Android platforms. And if you have a carrier branded phone your carrier is gonna take their sweet sweet time adding in their bloatware before sending you any updates.... if they even decide to release it to you in the first place.

Is IOS perfect... no... but I can at least count on them continually developing and updating my device for 4 or 5 years and giving the middle finger to cell phone carriers wanting to add in their bloatware.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:39:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm going to guess that you have a few clocks in your house that are always blinking 12:00

The whole point to Apple anything, really is that it's supposed to be easy to use even for people that don't really 'get' technology.

If you can't even manage to get an iPhone to come on and start up, damn. I don't know what to say to that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever tried to start one up right out of the box? We were issued some I-phone 5 cell phones from the office several years ago (before I retired) and they had some techs representing Apple that came to our office to "show" us how to start them up and the programming that had to be done before we could use them. It was complicated as heck. I vowed after that bad experience that I'd never buy a personal I-phone and I never have. I bought an LG G3 when I retired and it was fairly easy to set up right out of the box. A lot easier than that I-phone abortion.
I'm going to guess that you have a few clocks in your house that are always blinking 12:00

The whole point to Apple anything, really is that it's supposed to be easy to use even for people that don't really 'get' technology.

If you can't even manage to get an iPhone to come on and start up, damn. I don't know what to say to that.
turning on an iPhone is no different than turning on an android phone for the first time.
They ask you for the language and if you have n Apple/Google account and if you want to turn on certain features now or later.

Not sure what was complicated either.

I've used both and don't have a problem with either. I prefer iOS simply because the apps seem more polished my son prefers Android.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<div class="quote-container"><div class="quote-style">Quoted:
LoL

cost aside

customize EVERYTHING
download and install any app I fucking want without approval from my apple overlords.
oh look removable storage, so I don't get raped for the larger storage size option (I guess we will discuss cost lol)
Benchmark scores tell a completely opposite picture, so I seriously doubt your old HTC outperforms the iP8 or iPX. iP8 and iPX both have the same A11 Bionic chip.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20175/geekmark_4_iphone-368405.JPG

get the hell out of here with your facts, this thread is about triggering and hurt feels from droid users. lol
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<div class="quote-container"><div class="quote-style">Quoted:
LoL

cost aside

customize EVERYTHING
Benchmark scores tell a completely opposite picture, so I seriously doubt your old HTC outperforms the iP8 or iPX.  iP8 and iPX both have the same A11 Bionic chip.

Yeah those benchmark scores look to be complete horseshit.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Benchmarks don't equal real world usage. That fraction of a second most people aren't going to notice.
I think my main gripe with Apple is being stingy with memory. IPhoneX has 3GB why not 4GB or 6GB? I think it's because if they did it would future proof their phones a little longer.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:42:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm handsome and have a large penis.

Nobody cares which phone I use.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:44:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Agree to some extent, but I wouldn't drop $1000 on a cellphone.  Any cellphone.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#16]
What's that big ugly fucking notch doing in your screen? At least they finally caught up to Samsung's wireless charging of 4 years ago.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
*an
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
*an
*iPhone
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
$1000 and can’t even save an email attachment
View Quote
lol wrong
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:52:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Benchmarks don't equal real world usage. That fraction of a second most people aren't going to notice.
I think my main gripe with Apple is being stingy with memory. IPhoneX has 3GB why not 4GB or 6GB? I think it's because if they did it would future proof their phones a little longer.
View Quote
They don't want to future proof their phones, lol, it's already been proven that they intentionally slow down the older phones when the new versions aree coming out. Apple fanbois like getting raped and keep going back for more.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Benchmark scores tell a completely opposite picture, so I seriously doubt your old HTC outperforms the iP8 or iPX. iP8 and iPX both have the same A11 Bionic chip.

get the hell out of here with your facts, this thread is about triggering and hurt feels from droid users. lol
View Quote
#fact
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Lol Apple user
View Quote
Lol Apple hater
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 2:08:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What's that big ugly fucking notch doing in your screen? At least they finally caught up to Samsung's wireless charging of 4 years ago.
View Quote
at half speed lol
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I want to like Android, and their hardware is usually better but their OS totally blows. Unless you get a Google Device.. OS updates are practically non existent.  Once your device gets beyond 2 years old you can pretty much forget about updates for most Android platforms. And if you have a carrier branded phone your carrier is gonna take their sweet sweet time adding in their bloatware before sending you any updates.... if they even decide to release it to you in the first place.

Is IOS perfect... no... but I can at least count on them continually developing and updating my device for 4 or 5 years and giving the middle finger to cell phone carriers wanting to add in their bloatware.
View Quote
Yeah, OK...

OS updates are not necessarily important. In fact, the y often times help the process of planned obsolescence.
I've had great success with my Android based phones, and guess what - they don't need updates to continue funtioning perfectly.

I guess your Apple phones need help along the way, and that's OK too.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 2:12:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Mine makes calls and surfs Arfcom just fine. What more is there.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They don't want to future proof their phones, lol, it's already been proven that they intentionally slow down the older phones when the new versions aree coming out. Apple fanbois like getting raped and keep going back for more.
View Quote
No it hasn't. Fake news that Android fanbois like to spread.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sucks only slightly less than apple.

Windows was the only great phone OS.
View Quote
Never used the Win phones, but they supplied us with Windows tablets at work. They suck. We use them for notation and logging. They are buggy and half of the 30 we use have basic time stamp issues. Kind of funny trying to log exact events and the clock is off as much as 30 minutes. Not a real savvy computer guy, but I recall time stamping was a bios issue.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Cuck thread
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 2:21:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's a jitter bug for people who like tech but don't understand
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 2:30:56 PM EDT
[#30]
I fight tyranny where I find it...including phones.  FApple
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
They don't want to future proof it, they want to sell a new phone in 2 years.

Anyway, the benchmarks don't equal real world use, but iPhones also tend to load apps faster, start up faster, etc. It doesn't really matter which phone you use and prefer, some people like to customize their shit, some people are still on the stock background and have like 10 apps. Who gives a fuck what phone someone uses? Each OS has its perks. I don't like fucking with my phone, all I do is email, text, call, internet, and navigation. If you have a need for more shit, get a Samsung phone. Big deal. No need to get so tore up about it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I seriously don't get Apple.  My Galaxy S5 has soldiered on and is continuing to soldier on now that I replaced the battery.  I can configure it with widgets so that I don't have to hunt for simple things like looking up the weather, I can download music directly to the phone without going through that shitty iTunes program, and I can even us it as an external hard drive to bring my work files home with me.  There are a dozen reasons why my phone is my own R2-D2.

In the meantime Apple phones have the exact same interface they've always had.   The only reason why people have the insane need to upgrade their perfectly good phones is because it's fashionable among the millenials.
View Quote
I could say the same thing about my old Galaxy S2. Adored that critter. It served me flawlessly for almost 3 years until I dropped it on some concrete and spidered the glass. Damn thing still works. I still use it as a backup Netflix controller for the TV or as a calculator.

I've been off contracts for years, so I buy an android (always a Samsung) and prepaid services. Right now I'm using Walmart's Straight Talk system because it uses Verizon towers. $45 gets me 10g's of data/month (I use only 4ish). That and whatever $100 Android is on sale every few years. Contracts are rape.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 2:41:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Apple is the velcro shoe of cellphones.
View Quote
Velcro shoes, like Betamax really are superior. Shoelaces are for convicts.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
You mean Google turn our full company resources over to get Hillary elected? No tyranny there. So evil they had to take the don't be evil out of their credo because it was cramping their style. Lol.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 3:08:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Apple sucks.

But really we're just arguing over what corporate monstrosity gets to own our data and track our every move.
View Quote
1)  Buy Android Phone
2)  Root phone
3)  Choose any one of many custom ROMs for the features you appreciate
4)  Load ROM onto phone
5)  Enjoy freedom!  
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 3:09:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s a legitimate working device for those of us who don’t see their cell phone as a hobby.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
So you don’t have an android phone either then?

At least be logically consistent.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#39]
OP hasn't tried using iTunes yet.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I wouldn't spend $1000 on a phone if I couldn't figure out how to use it either.

Quoted:
Have you ever tried to start one up right out of the box? We were issued some I-phone 5 cell phones from the office several years ago (before I retired) and they had some techs representing Apple that came to our office to "show" us how to start them up and the programming that had to be done before we could use them. It was complicated as heck. I vowed after that bad experience that I'd never buy a personal I-phone and I never have. I bought an LG G3 when I retired and it was fairly easy to set up right out of the box. A lot easier than that I-phone abortion.
The process of setting up a new iPhone is virtually identical to setting up a new Android phone.  I bet your IT department just loved coming in on Monday morning...
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#42]
My technologically illiterate grandmother uses an iPhone. Just sayin'
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My technologically illiterate grandmother uses an iPhone. Just sayin'
View Quote
Wow shes so technologically illiterate and even she can understand its a better phone.. lol
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 3:59:01 PM EDT
[#44]
If my choice was between having an apple and being phoneless, I'd chose the latter.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 4:00:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Not sure if serious. Android is far superior.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Apple Takes Aim at Trump in Australian Interview

"A top Apple executive and former Obama official attacked the Trump administration in an interview with an Australian news outlet."
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#47]
OP took the Ghey Test, and pasted it with rainbow colors.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Seems more like android sheep in this thread lol
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 4:10:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quickly, insert earplugs, applesauce is leaking out....
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 4:10:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
My 5C is four years old and I hear the next update is going to likely kill it because it won't be able to handle it... so you get that too.

Just rumors I have heard, I am going to run it until it dies.

I greatly dislike no external memory, I am thinking this will by last apple for that reason.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top