Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:16:55 PM EDT
[#1]
10 silver dimes in a shotgun shell..give em change for a dollar.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:26:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Considering the spot price of silver at the moment, that transaction would be financially unsound.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:33:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Do they make any out of challenge coins?
View Quote
Someone please give me a link to the challenge coin thread, it's the fourth time I've seen it mentioned.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:44:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Someone please give me a link to the challenge coin thread, it's the fourth time I've seen it mentioned.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which one? There were 87 of them, plus spin offs.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:45:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Last check there were ELEVEN locked threads in the "active topics" queue related to challenge coins.  WTF happened??
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:49:31 PM EDT
[#6]
cast the bullets undersize for caliber & make up the diameter by paper patching

Extra points if the paper used is from an old bible
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:51:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Been watching "The Howling"?
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 12:07:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 12:12:29 AM EDT
[#9]
You need to press brass or copper drive bands onto them.....

Give you the accuracy needed to dispatch the hounds of hell
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 12:14:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm thinking that, once the werewolf charges, preserving the rifling is gonna quickly take a back seat to not having my throat torn out by a werewolf.

Anyway, you don't have silver bullets to shoot them. You have them as a deterrent.
View Quote
I run robot insurance.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 12:18:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Considering the spot price of silver at the moment, that transaction would be financially unsound.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe you could talk the werewolf to death with a lecture on the history of fiat currency.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 12:21:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Maybe you could talk the werewolf to death with a lecture on the history of fiat currency.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't get me started on fiat currency.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 12:24:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Silver is too hard and will not take rifling very well.

Several years ago there was some InnerWebZ dude making actual sterling silver bullets but they were outrageously priced.
Something like $40 each!

Better round would be a shotshell.
Make shot by pouring a thin stream of molten silver into water high enough above so the stream separates.
Load shot into shells.
View Quote
No need for that, buy SS casting grain to pour into the shot shell.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 12:26:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I used to own a Mauser .32 auto and the only hollowpoints that it would reliably feed were Silvertips.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 12:27:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 12:42:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just get some big deep HPs and fill them with silver.

Be careful though.  Werewolves change back to human once killed, and then you got a dead naked dude to explain.
View Quote
Once to coroner does the post he will find the silver bullets.  Then everyone will know it was really a werewolf otherwise why bother using silver bullets.  No prosecuter will ever take that shit to trial.

Link Posted: 12/4/2017 12:54:43 AM EDT
[#17]
its all real....

Link Posted: 12/4/2017 12:57:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Once to coroner does the post he will find the silver bullets.  Then everyone will know it was really a werewolf otherwise why bother using silver bullets.  No prosecuted will ever take that shit to trial.

http://cdn.bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/silver.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just get some big deep HPs and fill them with silver.

Be careful though.  Werewolves change back to human once killed, and then you got a dead naked dude to explain.
Once to coroner does the post he will find the silver bullets.  Then everyone will know it was really a werewolf otherwise why bother using silver bullets.  No prosecuted will ever take that shit to trial.

http://cdn.bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/silver.gif
You still better be able to prove you were in fear of your life. You just can't go around shooting people with silver bullets just because they are werewolves. What are you, some kind of lychenthropist?
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 2:08:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Signature Silver Bullets™

Trump .45 Long Colt - Box of 10 - 1.5 oz. Signature Silver Bullet™

Not real Ammo but you could put these in 12 gauge shotgun shell and fire them at the wearwolf.

The new Coonan Silver Bullets are likely the ultimate piece in your anti-werewolf arsenal.  Just released, these new .357 Magnum rounds feature bullets that are jacketed in 99% pure silver.

Exact specs are not available on the cartridges, but assume they are powerful enough to both reliably cycle the Coonan .357 Magnum 1911 and to drop the evil undead in their tracks.

The rounds are loaded for Coonan by Atomic Ammunition, a company that manufactures match ammo that is smokin’ hot.   According to Coonan’s Facebook page, these rounds are “…loaded very hot.”

The Atomic Ammunition “regular” .357 Magnum pushes a 158 grain bonded hollowpoint to 1350 fps from a 4? barrel.  Similar loads from the larger ammo companies run at about 1200-1250 fps for a 158 grain bullet from an unknown length barrel.  All of Atomic Ammunition’s loads fall within SAAMI specs, but I bet there isn’t much room for error.

The Coonan Silver Bullets are sold in blister packs of eight cartridges that are stored in a hardwood ash anti-vampire stake, which makes this kit a triple threat to the undead:  werewolves, blood suckers and the humble zombie.

Developing the silver (real, freakin’ silver) jackets and vampire stakes took some effort and had to cost a fair bit of money. This is not a low-end product for the airsoft mall ninja.  This is a cool bit of kit for folks with a few more dollars in their pocket.  Coonan develops quality products, not cheap ones.

You see, the package contains a pre-sharpened stake for the blood suckers and 99% pure silver jacket bullets for the lycanthropes.  Either of the above can be used on zombies.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 2:46:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Too bad they don't sell the Coonan werewolf bullets anymore.  I would buy some.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 2:54:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ah, Deputy Bob Ollinger style.

There was a Box o' Truth attempt at this. Apparently it worked.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 5:01:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
One of the gun mags MANY years ago got a couple of their guys to do a Lone Ranger article. They made the silver bullets and fired them to check accuracy and performance. The article was funny as the guys even tried dressing up as the ranger and Tonto, but in the end it turned out to be an exercise in futility. The bullets were expensive, the molds got jacked up, the bullets looked and sized like crap, the accuracy was lousy, and they couldn’t get a camp fire hot enough to even get the silver soft enough to pour.
View Quote
A Gunwritr that dressed the part in order to write an article?  Nah, never happen.

BTW, if one really wanted to make silver projos to kill a werewolf the most practical way would be to cut cubic shot out of a silver round or coin. It would be devastating at short range.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 7:37:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
A Gunwritr that dressed the part in order to write an article?  Nah, never happen.

BTW, if one really wanted to make silver projos to kill a werewolf the most practical way would be to cut cubic shot out of a silver round or coin. It would be devastating at short range.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One of the gun mags MANY years ago got a couple of their guys to do a Lone Ranger article. They made the silver bullets and fired them to check accuracy and performance. The article was funny as the guys even tried dressing up as the ranger and Tonto, but in the end it turned out to be an exercise in futility. The bullets were expensive, the molds got jacked up, the bullets looked and sized like crap, the accuracy was lousy, and they couldn’t get a camp fire hot enough to even get the silver soft enough to pour.

Found the article, printed in the 60’s.

Lone Ranger
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#25]
You now have me looking to put together a "Monster Slayer" kit. I researched black powder revolvers and cartridge conversion kits all yesterday. Already have 6.5x55 Swiss wood-bullet training rounds. Asked the wife this morning if I could mount a shadow box on the wall... wonder if our priest would bless a cross and give us some holy water....
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That's not true - in at least one instance a character beat off a werewolf with the silver head of his walking cane - might have been in the original Lon Cheney film.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To kill a werewolf, the silver must be a blessed cross from a priest.

The cross must be melted down and the bullets cast by the own will use them.

Any other bullets will not harm the werewolf.
That's not true - in at least one instance a character beat off a werewolf with the silver head of his walking cane - might have been in the original Lon Cheney film.
It happened twice in that movie. Larry Talbot (Lon Cheney Jr.) first used the cane to kill the Gypsy guy/werewolf that attacked him (that's when he got bitten). Later he gave the cane to his father to protect himself because he knew he would change into a werewolf and go on the prowl. When he changed and attacked his father, his father killed him with it, not realizing it was his son until he died and changed back to human form.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Cool. I didn't know there was a replica made. A bit spendy, though.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#28]
load 3" 12 ga shells with silver scrap, easiest thing ever, casting the right size pure bullet is a bitch
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 11:59:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Silver is too hard and will not take rifling very well.

Several years ago there was some InnerWebZ dude making actual sterling silver bullets but they were outrageously priced.
Something like $40 each!

Better round would be a shotshell.
Make shot by pouring a thin stream of molten silver into water high enough above so the stream separates.
Load shot into shells.
View Quote
just mold them into balls
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That's not true - in at least one instance a character beat off a werewolf.
View Quote
Well, I suppose that's one strategy...did the werewolf kill him anyways afterwards?
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#31]
I used to have a bullet mold for a 125-grain .312 spitzer-- thought for years about casting a mag's worth in silver and loading them into a clear plastic AK mag-- the metal fouling would be beyond hellish, but since I've lived 66 years without needing so much as a pointy stick, they would likely be more of a conversation piece--
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Patricia Briggs had her character making silver bullets.

Then, her husband researched how to do this in real life. Casting Silver Bullets by Michael Briggs

Yes, they also turned up the '60's research.

Fun stuff

(Oh, and in the Dresdenverse, there are 6 types of werewolves and it's only one variety that is vulnerable to inherited silver.  Full Moon is the definitive text, IIRC. )
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 12:28:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Marlow Bullets.  The Silver Bullet Co. out of Boise, years ago.  They made a very hard bullet but in my 9mm pistols were very accurate.  I still have about 1k of these.  Back when silver was cheaper, late 80 early 90s.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 12:35:05 PM EDT
[#34]

That might work as Holy Water if you get a priest to bless it but I wouldn't count on catching a buzz.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 2:12:38 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm curious,  silver's pretty hard compared to lead. I wonder how it compares to copper and penetration of high velocity calibers.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lucky werewolf....
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 4:16:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Lucky werewolf....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lucky werewolf....
Cue the Fred picture: "That's My Fetish!"
(Some of you folk are weird!)
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Lucky werewolf....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lucky werewolf....
Yeah, I noticed that
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 7:33:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they do...like 10 Frisbees ripping thru the target, only tried it at 20 feet, 8 of the 10 hit the target...it worked so I loaded up 8,,,
you know, just in case...
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 7:46:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Lucky werewolf....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lucky werewolf....
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top