Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 9:45:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now 162. Maybe the in stock quantity is live. Anyone here bought one? I wonder how long it takes Botac to ship.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-8 shows 163 in stock.

https://www.botach.com/streamlight-69410-tlr-8-500-lumen-gun-light/
Now 162. Maybe the in stock quantity is live. Anyone here bought one? I wonder how long it takes Botac to ship.
Now 157. Would it be stupid of me to order one from Botac? Should I call in on Monday to verify that the item is in stock?
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Now 157. Would it be stupid of me to order one from Botac? Should I call in on Monday to verify that the item is in stock?
View Quote
The secret to Botach is to buy from their ebay store if they have it listed, where you have more recourse should they fail to deliver in a timely manner.
I've bought from them several times this way, with zero issues and fast delivery.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:09:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Any holsters out for these yet? Specifically IWB.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:19:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The secret to Botach is to buy from their ebay store if they have it listed, where you have more recourse should they fail to deliver in a timely manner.
I've bought from them several times this way, with zero issues and fast delivery.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I checked thier eBay and didn't see much. Couldn't find the -7 or -8.

I called them and no answer.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
LOL

I'll squint more high speed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No it won't. You just need more training and not actively trying to get light bounce to gain your confirmation bias.
LOL

I'll squint more high speed.
A true Arfcommers paints his interior Flat Black.    You're free to use whatever color your boyfriend picks out; it's your funeral.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:36:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

A true Arfcommers paints his interior Flat Black.    You're free to use whatever color your boyfriend picks out; it's your funeral.
View Quote
Come on, we all know a TRUE Arfcommer would never use a visible light spectrum...

Link Posted: 2/14/2018 12:03:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone know if safariland will be offering an ALS duty holster for G23/19 with this light?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 3:48:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Not fit on a walther PPS. It sticks out the end less than a TLR3 does, but there are no rail keys that would let it work. I'd need a key with the locking bar directly above the screw hole or very slightly behind it.

...anyone want to bet SL will make me a new adapater? no?

On that note, anyone got a 3D printer

Impressions of the light are great. good hotspot, nice and compact, good finish. The included rails put it out just a little too far on my PPQ...it leaves about 1/4" of gap between the trigger guard. On the older TLR models, this is fine as the paddles stick back far enough. Here, it means I can barely activate it with one hand. If there was a rail key that got it closer to flush, itd be ideal. I see this things big negative as the switches. putting a lot of sideways pressure on a light (more when one handed) is not ideal. My fingers arent long enough to get the forward "push" to work reliably.

This is likely gun dependent, and the rails on my walthers were probably not even on the design team's mind.

Going to see if i can mock up a rail insert, because i REALLY want to like this thing and have it replace my TLR3/ viridian C5L and their garbage output.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 3:53:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Not fit on a walther PPS. It sticks out the end less than a TLR3 does, but there are no rail keys that would let it work. I'd need a key with the locking bar directly above the screw hole or very slightly behind it.

...anyone want to bet SL will make me a new adapater? no?

On that note, anyone got a 3D printer

Impressions of the light are great. good hotspot, nice and compact, good finish. The included rails put it out just a little too far on my PPQ...it leaves about 1/4" of gap between the trigger guard. On the older TLR models, this is fine as the paddles stick back far enough. Here, it means I can barely activate it with one hand. If there was a rail key that got it closer to flush, itd be ideal. I see this things big negative as the switches. putting a lot of sideways pressure on a light (more when one handed) is not ideal. My fingers arent long enough to get the forward "push" to work reliably.

This is likely gun dependent, and the rails on my walthers were probably not even on the design team's mind.

Going to see if i can mock up a rail insert, because i REALLY want to like this thing and have it replace my TLR3/ viridian C5L and their garbage output.
View Quote
Considering how simple the rail inserts are, some flat files and plastic and you're in business! Way easier than hand shaping a metal gun part.

Eta: For example the excellent Blackhawk Omnivore holster, on the non weapon light versions it locks to any gun using a universal rail key that you put on the guns rail. On a particular gun (SAR K2 45), I wanted the rail key as far back as it would go for the gun to be deeper in the holster. The back of the rail key interfered with the gun. Some filing, and voila! This avoided the issue you see with some Safariland, where you could get a thin finger in the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Got my TLR8, and its already on its way back.

Beam flickers with virtually any movement of the slide, and on my Glock, even dry firing with a loose grip.

Another arfcommer has some TLR7's and has seen this on every single one of his too if I recall correctly.

Oops.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Got my TLR8, and its already on its way back.

Beam flickers with virtually any movement of the slide, and on my Glock, even dry firing with a loose grip.

Another arfcommer has some TLR7's and has seen this on every single one of his too if I recall correctly.

Oops.
View Quote
What? That sucks. Where did you get it?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What? That sucks. Where did you get it?
View Quote
Botach.  Started a thread about it in tech.  I was hoping that it was an issue with the once I received, but it didn't take long for others to chime in, and it appears to be an issue with the design.

Tried 3 different batteries, bezel was completely tight.

Not sure it would be an actual issue during use, but it doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence in the long term durability and reliability of the internals.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Botach.  Started a thread about it in tech.  I was hoping that it was an issue with the once I received, but it didn't take long for others to chime in, and it appears to be an issue with the design.

Not sure it would be an actual issue during use, but it doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence in the long term durability and reliability of the internals.
View Quote
That freaking sucks. I’m sitting here with a credit card going to order an -8.

Streamlight is good on warranty. I sent in a tlr-2 with a dead laser. Under a week to repair and ship back with no charge.

I might roll the dice on it anyway. I've been dying to get one.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anyone know if safariland will be offering an ALS duty holster for G23/19 with this light?
View Quote
The duty holsters aren’t made to fit a specific light. ALS holsters will fit most any light outside of the new Surefire XH35 or lights with lasers.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#15]
How did I miss this? That TLR-7 looks like exactly what I've been wanting for my carry P2000. Provided I can get a holster to fit that is.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The duty holsters aren’t made to fit a specific light. ALS holsters will fit most any light outside of the new Surefire XH35 or lights with lasers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I understand that, but what I was wondering was if they will make a smaller profile holster specifically for g19/23 with this light, mini APL, Olight mini light, etc. the whole benefit of a tiny pistol light on a compact gun is diminished somewhat if I still have to use a full size g34 m3 size holster
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I did see a listing show up on Amazon today. $199. Not in stock
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#18]
guess im going to go home and pound on mine a bit and see if it stays on before i invest in plastic and files. This one has little teeth on the underside that act as recoil lugs in addition to the top rail lock in.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, I ordered the -8 from Botac. Hopefully I get one that works good... Well, hopefully I get it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh man.  That sucks.  I was just about to order a TLR8.   May wait to see how this shakes out.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I ended up not ordering one due to concerns over how far forward the switch is mounted.  Now I’m glad I didn’t...
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Oh man.  That sucks.  I was just about to order a TLR8.   May wait to see how this shakes out.
View Quote
I ordered one anyway. -8 on the way.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:03:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I ordered one anyway. -8 on the way.
View Quote
Tagged for update.  Hopefully these lights turn out to be decent and Streamlight gets the issue figured out.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 2:39:57 PM EDT
[#24]
mine flickers. i beat on it with my hand and nothing, but linear bumps...like a gun firing...do make it flicker. It is a TINY amount. As in, its faster than a blink and if im staring at the hotspot i cant see it. but, if i put the light on the ceiling and drop the slide (simulate firing, best i can do for a while), there is a barely perceptible flicker. it'll even do it when i rack the slide back forcefully. This blink is not enough to impact what im seeing or lose any "light dominance" of a bad guy.

It may just need a battery spacer or a stronger spring in there, but it always comes back, and only ever one flicker. I do feel its not that confidence inspiring for longevity, but im going to try and make a custom rail key for my PPS and put a few hundred thru it around dusk so i can watch it. Since these are still seemingly hard to find, i dont want to send it back to SL just yet in case i dont get it back for a while.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#25]
For those of you with P30SK/VP9SK
Found this pic online

Link Posted: 2/15/2018 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm done for one

I'm sure it will look right at home on my P07
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 8:22:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I did see a listing show up on Amazon today. $199. Not in stock
View Quote
It's been there for several days. I have in my shopping cart so I will notice what the price will drop to when they actually have it in stock.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 8:31:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 8:25:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I checked thier eBay and didn't see much. Couldn't find the -7 or -8.

I called them and no answer.
View Quote
TLR-8 IN BOTACH EBAY STORE FOR $209
Is this what everyone has been paying?
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 9:56:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
They were initially $105 for the -7 and $185 for the -8.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 10:30:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
I paid $179 on the botac website.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The TLR-8 is $179 on their website

With the current eBay 20% off code, the $209 eBay price would be $167.  Or you can use Best Offer to make an offer for less and then still use the 20% off code.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Botach has fluid pricing, both models have changed several times now.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 12:06:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Why do they continue to put that dang silver washer ring on their lights. At least make an option for a black one.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#35]
DSG has them on sale for 109
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 3:57:10 PM EDT
[#36]
How have you guys been liking this or not? I've been reading that the buttons are hard to manipulate with small or large hands?
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
How have you guys been liking this or not? I've been reading that the buttons are hard to manipulate with small or large hands?
View Quote
I have the -8. I like it a lot. I’ll get another when I’m ready for it.

I don’t think I have big hands and I reach the buttons fine.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 4:14:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I have the -8. I like it a lot. I’ll get another when I’m ready for it.

I don’t think I have big hands and I reach the buttons fine.
View Quote
Thanks very much for your input- would you say the reach and toggle is similar to the Surefire X300's?

I'm wanting to give this a try since the light fits flush with some of my shorter compact handguns vs the Surefire, etc.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 4:28:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Thanks very much for your input- would you say the reach and toggle is similar to the Surefire X300's?

I'm wanting to give this a try since the light fits flush with some of my shorter compact handguns vs the Surefire, etc.
View Quote
I’m going to get another -8 for a Polymer80 G26 when it comes out for that reason. Short small light.

The switches are a hair further away on the Streamlight. It has a easy find button and has a good feel to the click. It's not a snappy click, but more of a rubbery click. Works fine.

Not a good example of comparison because the Polymer80 frame is a little different. So the trigger guards aren't showing exactly how far away the switch is on each. And it may look further away on the Polymer80 than it actually is, but you get the idea. I'll get a picture of it on a Glock frame later if you'd like.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 4:33:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I’m going to get another -8 for a Polymer80 G26 when it comes out for that reason. Short small light.

The switches are a hair further away on the Streamlight. It has a easy find button and has a good feel to the click. It's not a snappy click, but more of a rubbery click. Works fine.

Not a good example of comparison because the Polymer80 frame is a little different. So the trigger guards aren't showing exactly how far away the switch is on each. And it may look further away on the Polymer80 than it actually is, but you get the idea. I'll get a picture of it on a Glock frame later if you'd like.

https://sep.yimg.com/ay/policestuff/surefire-x300-led-weaponlight-9.gif
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/158348/52376A57-CFD3-4AB8-9C0D-B051E11971BA-461945.JPG
View Quote
This is perfect, thanks so much for the pictures and sharing your experience
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 4:39:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thanks I went to LAPG and notice they didn't have stock and said they wouldn't buy more.... which seem odd.

maybe there are bugs.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thank you sir. I just grabbed one.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Thanks I went to LAPG and notice they didn't have stock and said they wouldn't buy more.... which seem odd.

maybe there are bugs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

maybe there are bugs.
I backordered 2 from them for cheap so we'll see how that works out.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 6:43:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
For those of you with P30SK/VP9SK
Found this pic online

https://i.imgur.com/N4DtMRa.jpg
View Quote
That's nice.  If this turns out to be a good light, I'll switch from the XC-1 so I can use a light on a SK model while retaining compatibility with my duty gun size concealment holsters.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#45]
they need more keys. I need one with a 1913 rail straight above the screwhole. Right now, on my PPQ, it sits about 1/4" away from the trigger guard, making it JUST a little hard to activate. putting it on with no key and sliding it back (for testing), its perfect. Same with the PPS, itd be great if there was a key that fits it. These keys are very different than any prior TLR key that ive had, and while im not above modding a key, I'd love for them to make one so getting holsters done was easier/possible without sending the light.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 6:53:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Can't say that I have ever had a problem out of any of my TLR1's.  They might not be as compact as these new ones but it does just work.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

With the current eBay 20% off code, the $209 eBay price would be $167.  Or you can use Best Offer to make an offer for less and then still use the 20% off code.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@cochraneap Where are you finding a eBay 20% off code? Mind helping a guy out? Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 12:27:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

maybe there are bugs.
View Quote
@Bacon_Grease

Who said they won’t be ordering anymore? Weird. Hope that’s not a sign they are duds.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 12:35:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

@Bacon_Grease

Who said they won’t be ordering anymore? Weird. Hope that’s not a sign they are duds.
View Quote
@wvusoldier217

La Police gear. It's like botach.

I just checked the website and they just have it backordered for 8-10 days now. Not sure the significance though. Maybe they are just getting them in now.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 12:45:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Strobe
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top