Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/16/2018 10:15:15 PM EDT
If white privilege never graced the entire continent, what would it look like today  ?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:18:08 PM EDT
[#1]
detroit?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:23:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Whitey never bothered to what?

The question is ignorant, and not innocent.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
I think he is asking if Caucasian people's never colonized any part of Africa, what would it look like today
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:26:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Ib4flyingpyramids
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:27:39 PM EDT
[#5]
It would probably be the same way it was before white people ever showed up.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:28:31 PM EDT
[#6]
there would be a lot less Africans... a lot less.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:28:36 PM EDT
[#7]
It's an interesting question.  Probably, Sub-Saharan Africa would look precisely the way It did in 1005 AD, and 0005 AD, and 100 BC and 1000 BC and 5000 BC, and 50,000 BC.

They hadn't invented Steel, or Iron, or even the "Cart".

It was literally a Stone Age society.

The Zulus were a fairly new culture though, so maybe they would have invented something after slaughtering and enslaving the less organized tribes.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#8]
PNG or areas of South America that are kept off limits for the stone age tribes to continue being stone age.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#9]
It would look like a shithole.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#10]
History is a bit more complex than that. Human migration to and from Africa is fairly vast.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Still be a shithole, just worse.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:32:43 PM EDT
[#12]
More bloody and ruined
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:32:57 PM EDT
[#13]
North Africa would be just as fucked as it is today due to Arab influences. Sub Saharan Africa would be just as fucked as it is today due to Sub Saharan Africans. South Africa I’m not so sure about.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#14]
This assuming no external person would have ever visited and taken modern artifacts to give or sell or they would have not established any commerce with anyone outside the continent?

The countries would probably have the borders set by the tribes' dominions instead of the artificial borders designed to keep enemy tribes within the same space, thus fighting each other.

Wars would likely happen but not so frequently because they would not be artificially created.

The way the tribes were "investing in technology" they would likely still be in their preliminary stages of hunter-gatherers.

Also, if we assume that Romans were also considered "whites" and had never set any colonies, conquered Egypt, etc.   Egypt might be still a local super-power.

ETA: I wonder what Egyptians might have came up with.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It would probably be the same way it was before white people ever showed up.
View Quote
Highly probable...
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:34:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think he is asking if Caucasian people's never colonized any part of Africa, what would it look like today
View Quote
Very tribal. Probably not as much, if any 2nd world accomplishments for those that have gotten there now.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:34:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's an interesting question.  Probably, Sub-Saharan Africa would look precisely the way It did in 1005 AD, and 0005 AD, and 100 BC and 1000 BC and 5000 BC, and 50,000 BC.

The Zulus were a fairly new culture though, so maybe they would have invented something after slaughtering and enslaving the less organized tribes.
View Quote
You have got to be kidding me. Just, incredibly misinformed.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:34:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's well known that Swiss spies built their nation off captured African technology. The banking, mountains, chocolate, snow, all stolen from Africa. So it would look like Switzerland.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#19]
They would still be fighting with spears and living in the dirt.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:35:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I think a better question would be whay would it look like if whitey took over the place and ran it
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:35:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Still be a shithole, just worse.
View Quote
Also highly probable...
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:36:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Very much this! Modern medicine (developed by whittie) has enabled many to survive when millions would have otherwise perished. Hell, the AIDS outbreak would have wiped out most of them alone.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Like it did in 1500 A.D.

Basically, no firearms or machetes.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:37:45 PM EDT
[#24]
From what I’ve heard it would be full of nothing but Kings.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:37:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's still a difficult question to try and answer, depending on whether "if whitey never bothered" means colonization or any other kind of interaction. A zero interaction scenario is totally unrealistic; so what are we talking about then? no trade or diplomatic relations at all? no voluntary migrations and cultural exchanges? no land or sea skirmishes? no wandering missionaries?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:38:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nobody should have to explain this, but I'll try.   The part of Africa below the Sahara, was left behind the rest of the world.  Inventions which were shared between warring and trading cultures, advanced Civilization as we know it.   By the time the European nations began to colonize Africa, Australia, and America, there was a massive technological gap which spanned thousands of years.

The "We was Kangs" ideology is not entirely accurate.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:38:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
detroit?
View Quote
So edgy.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#28]
“SHITHOLE”
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:39:55 PM EDT
[#29]
So excluding the use of Russian made weapons and the like, it would be interesting to see if there would be as many deaths from traditional tribal warfare.
Also all the fucked up medical issues wouldn't be world wide, would it kill more people then tribal wars? Who knows.

It's a very interesting question and I'd love to see someone smarter then me figure out what it would be like

Would it be like the great movie " the gods must be crazy"
What would we not have in the western world that we use daily thanks to African minerals or inventions, would we still have some of the great British hunting calibers ? Sure we would have some due to the brits in india but what about others
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:40:04 PM EDT
[#30]
The Chinese would have moved in and wiped every tribe off the map.  It's all about the resources.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:40:52 PM EDT
[#31]
A bit like this I would imagine:

Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:42:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Don't know. But can we ship all the liberals there? They're bound to improve it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:43:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So edgy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
detroit?
So edgy.
Too much white influence on Detroit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:44:10 PM EDT
[#35]
So they would be on par with the Americas in the same situation?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:44:36 PM EDT
[#36]
They'd all be kangs??
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:46:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They'd all be kangs??
View Quote
Possibly. The kingdom of Kush might have remained intact.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:53:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Correct.   And Australia, Mate.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be happy to be Educated.    Standing by to be informed.    Facts please, not opinions.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:56:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Very much this! Modern medicine (developed by whittie) has enabled many to survive when millions would have otherwise perished. Hell, the AIDS outbreak would have wiped out most of them alone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Medicine, hell they had trouble feeding large populations prior to the introduction of European agriculture. I once had a co-worker insist that the British Army took on and lost to Millions of Zulu during the Zulu wars. I countered that considering African and in particular Zulu farming techniques the area just couldn't have supported millions of Africans let alone millions of Zulu. I stated that the Zulu forces fielded actually numbered closer to 35-40,000. Needless to say, my former co-worker had little historical knowledge.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:57:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If white privilege never graced the entire continent, what would it look like today  ?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:58:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'll be happy to be Educated.    Standing by to be informed.    Facts please, not opinions.
View Quote
If he's going to mention Egypt and Carthage, I'm going to laugh my ass off, because there is a STARK difference between Sub-Saharan Africa and North Africa.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:59:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This assuming no external person would have ever visited and taken modern artifacts to give or sell or they would have not established any commerce with anyone outside the continent?

The countries would probably have the borders set by the tribes' dominions instead of the artificial borders designed to keep enemy tribes within the same space, thus fighting each other.

Wars would likely happen but not so frequently because they would not be artificially created.

The way the tribes were "investing in technology" they would likely still be in their preliminary stages of hunter-gatherers.

Also, if we assume that Romans were also considered "whites" and had never set any colonies, conquered Egypt, etc.   Egypt might be still a local super-power.

View Quote
The Romans conquered Egypt AFTER it had been conquered by Alexander the Great. A Macedonian. Another white dude.
Egypt was ruled by the Ptolemaic dynasty after Alexander left. Cleopatra was the last descendant of the Ptolemies. She was white too.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:00:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
I thought they had iron weapons.

Interesting article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_metallurgy_in_Africa

Africans had iron for some time. It isn't known if they independently invented it. Research into this question seems compromised (which isn't surprising).
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:02:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Right so this is more of a black people suck thread than in intellectual discussion right?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:04:34 PM EDT
[#46]
WE WUZ KANGZZZ!
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:04:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If he's going to mention Egypt and Carthage, I'm going to laugh my ass off, because there is a STARK difference between Sub-Saharan Africa and North Africa.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he's googling stuff up right now, to avoid being embarrassed like that.

Likewise, I tried to google some basic information up, and apparently Google has tampered with the results.   I couldn't find any simple, basic information.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:05:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Countries?

If a large powerful group formed it would likely engage in conquest. There is no reason to believe wars would be less frequent.

Quoted:

You are leaving out the whole "Arab conquest of North Africa" bit. The Arabs pushed deep into Africa taking slaves and engaging in conquest. Arabs are also white, but not the Christian European whites the OP intended.

Roman involvement was much more distant in time, consequently it is hard to see its effects. But the absence of Roman power allowed Arab Muslim expansion.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:06:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Right so this is more of a black people suck thread than in intellectual discussion right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you Racist?

Yes or No.    Tell the truth.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:08:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I think he's googling stuff up right now, to avoid being embarrassed like that.

Likewise, I tried to google some basic information up, and apparently Google has tampered with the results.   I couldn't find any simple, basic information.
View Quote
Granted, there was the Mali Empire...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mali_Empire

Didn't have much of an impact globally, though. Not in the way countries and empires in Europe and Asia did.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top