Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 660
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BrickWurX:

I could see Snek and the M4A1 clone easily being produced in much larger numbers. For as much grief as I give the clone guys, there is a significant demand.  Hell, I'm gonna buy a few! How ya like that @C6H12O6!
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:
Just as a heads up, one day this week you will be receiving an e-mail about a certain Reaping! Say, end of the week? One of the days called Fri?

Thanks!

Josiah
View Quote
Happy Happy Happy.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Guys,

Just got informed we are having a slight delay due to coating, so it will by a day ending in a y next week.

Sorry about that!

Josiah
View Quote
The Valentine's Reaper

Love IT
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 9:52:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TacticalGarand44:
You’re about 3 months late.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Stiles1410:
Originally Posted By NeedJust1More:
Mad Dog lowers were also back in stock for a short time today.  So much for so called limited edition.
Who cares

I want a space force
They were always out of stock for me

I don’t care for the other “space” designs but the original is awesome
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, the IDF has been approved!
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 11:10:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By craig19:
View Quote
Awesome
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 1:21:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Pretty sure they are indeed each limited to a total run number. They made "X" amount of each, they just didn't release them all in one shot. PSA has not been specific to exactly how many of each variant was made, only averages posted. Not saying PSA may not decide to make more of a particular lower at some point, but I do believe these are from original runs. I could be wrong.

They did not re-release the original space-force design, those sold like hotcakes, even with a high volume of requests. Mattis may not have been as popular. I think many designs will likely be finished once the runs are done, Josiah has said something along those lines a few time in this thread.

I could see Snek and the M4A1 clone easily being produced in much larger numbers. For as much grief as I give the clone guys, there is a significant demand.  Hell, I'm gonna buy a few! How ya like that @C6H12O6!
View Quote
I'm almost certain you're correct.  If they made 2500 of a given lower like the Mattis, it just wouldn't make good sense to dump all 2500 into the online inventory without holding any back.  What if one gets damaged in shipping and the customer needs a replacement, or what if someone receives theirs and finds a blemish that QC missed and they want a replacement?  They would be foolish not to hold back 15 or 20 just in case.  Just because they showed back up on the website briefly today doesn't necessarily mean they ran off and made more.

Having said that, it would be REALLY nice if Josiah had a spare Turkey lower stashed away in his desk drawer that I could somehow purchase.  I've bought all the others so far, but missed the Turkey trying to save on transfer fees.

Hint, Hint...  @PalmettoStateArmory  
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 2:45:11 AM EDT
[#8]
You guys need to buy up those CHF 20" kits until they're sold out so I won't be tempted by them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 8:25:44 AM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes
Mad Dog lowers were also back in stock for a short time today.  So much for so called limited edition.
Who cares

I want a space force

I agree, except for, “BBBUUUURRRRTTTTT”.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 9:36:44 AM EDT
[#10]

I have a few extras stowed away. My apologies. Please PM me your order number, and I will get the ball rolling today on a Christmas-15 for you.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote
What SN might those happen to be???
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 9:37:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MadeintheUSA:
Awesome
View All Quotes
Awesome
Someone please enlighten me. What one is this IDF that you guys are excited about? Not seeing anything on any of those lowers that even resemble those letters of designation.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 9:59:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By chargerdude70:
Someone please enlighten me. What one is this IDF that you guys are excited about? Not seeing anything on any of those lowers that even resemble those letters of designation.
View All Quotes
Awesome
It is acronym for a particular nation state's military. It is NOT the International Diabetes Federation or the Immune Deficiency Foundation.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ExecutiveMendicant:

It is acronym for a particular nation state's military. It is NOT the International Diabetes Federation or the Immune Deficiency Foundation.
View Quote
Gotcha. Thank you for the clue. Not having  military background, the ones having those tones I’m not verse in.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 10:24:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

I agree, except for, “BBBUUUURRRRTTTTT”.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I would totally dig a true T91 lower copy.

It would get sbr-ed so damn fast
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I might need a professor-15, being that I work at this liberal institution and all

That graphic might or might not be my avatar in my class chatroom
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 12:49:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By RocketmanOU:
I might need a professor-15, being that I work at this liberal institution and all

That graphic might or might not be my avatar in my class chatroom
View Quote
Let's get a rally going to get the DocBrown lower official!
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Palmetto State Armory......I wish I could quit you!
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 6:41:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Sixgun357:
Palmetto State Armory......I wish I could quit you!
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 11:11:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 11:40:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Sweet G_D she can interrogate me ANYTIME.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 12:50:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#24]
Nice AR15.com IDF Women thread

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/5a/ba/d6/5abad6a4c9b4c1ef1acb1817d4593c59.jpg
View Quote
in for 2.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:40:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Really Spikes, Really?

Spikes F-Cancer Thread
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:59:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chargerdude70] [#26]
Really Spikes, Really?

Spikes F-Cancer Thread
View Quote
Thats too bad for PSA.. now going to look like they followed instead of led. Hate to admit though...I do like their 3D lasering and the actual use of the F word.... ballsy...
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 3:10:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: onealphay2k] [#27]
Really Spikes, Really?

Spikes F-Cancer Thread
View Quote
Obviously we can not prove that Spikes stole the idea from this thread, but it sure as shit looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and shits like a duck.  So lets just call it a duck.  How generous of them to donate only 20% of the $175 lower.  I am finally motivated to get rid of my two Spikes "Dueling Dicks" pistol lowers.  I will sell them on the EE and build out a couple of the new PSA stripped lowers that have been sitting in my safe collecting dust.  FSpikes

Oh yeah, if they really wanted to help cancer research they could take a lesson from Larue and his Dillo's.  That man knows how to donate and help others.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 3:29:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chargerdude70] [#28]
Originally Posted By onealphay2k:

Obviously we can not prove that Spikes stole the idea from this thread, but it sure as shit looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and shits like a duck.  So lets just call it a duck.  How generous of them to donate only 20% of the $175 lower.  I am finally motivated to get rid of my two Spikes "Dueling Dicks" pistol lowers.  I will sell them on the EE and build out a couple of the new PSA stripped lowers that have been sitting in my safe collecting dust.  FSpikes

Oh yeah, if they really wanted to help cancer research they could take a lesson from Larue and his Dillo's.  That man knows how to donate and help others.
View Quote
I was the one who suggested that PSA charge $10.00 more per lower and donate the money.  I also suggested they sell serial numbers that may represent birth/pasaing dates at a high premium for meroirial builds but that idea got shot down. Would have been more work on their part but the check going to Cancer Society and look on their face knowing it came from gun loving individuals would have been well worth it...
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 3:49:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#29]
Well, I guess at least Spikes is donating to the cause and that is the most important thing. We are all in it together on this issue.

But if they jack the "SCREW" one also.....
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#30]
That feels like they stole this thread's idea. That's shitty.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Thats too bad for PSA.. now going to look like they followed instead of led. Hate to admit though...I do like their 3D lasering and the actual use of the F word.... ballsy...
View All Quotes
Really Spikes, Really?

Spikes F-Cancer Thread
I agree pretty ballsy
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 4:21:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: onealphay2k] [#32]
View All Quotes
Really Spikes, Really?

Spikes F-Cancer Thread
Here is BrickWurX original Posted designs from 11/12/2018.  Personally, I preferred the last one myself.https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Palmetto-State-Armory-has-lost-a-customer-/5-2109794/?page=206#i75575657

Link Posted: 2/8/2019 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Guys,

I am receiving e-mails for pre-orders of random lowers. As of right now, no pre-orders are open.

Thank you for understanding, and have a great weekend!

Josiah
View Quote
rofl
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Guys,

I am receiving e-mails for pre-orders of random lowers. As of right now, no pre-orders are open.

Thank you for understanding, and have a great weekend!

Josiah
View Quote
So thats why you haven't.... pitter patter
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 4:54:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BrickWurX] [#36]
Snek, then this, at least the cancer rip is for a good cause.
Maybe low sales has Spikes worried, it would explain the listings for watches and skateboards on their site (cause rifles and skateboards go together like peas and carrots ).
Or, why they feel the need to trash talk other firearm companies at every opportunity.
Folks knowing how to build their own AR's these days must make selling rebranded rifles a bit tough.

On a positive note, with PSA letting us know they engrave with high end lasers, I am pretty sure if the demand was high enough, we could come up with some pretty stellar new designs.
Sure, there would be a cost difference, most laser engraving is billed by time, depth, and/ or square inch surface area, but it is doable.

Maybe a laser "pro" series? How awesome would a high end custom PSA shop be?
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#40]
ROLF
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 5:18:43 PM EDT
[#41]
If they can copy us can I get my damn unicorn lower now?
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 5:28:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#44]
i lol'd at this one, especially knowing who makes some of spikes stuff for them.  fit nicely with this image..
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Guys, I have an extra SNEK lower, sn is mid 2200's still in bubble wrap. If someone wants it for what I paid for it, I'd hand it over for 49.99 plus $8 shipping of course :)!  Laid off recently and every little bit helps. It would need to ship to your ffl, or face-to-face in the Springfield,Mo area.

Thought I would mention it here before I put it in the "general population" EE. IM or email is fine.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 8:30:47 PM EDT
[#47]

Missed out on contributing to Bear Creek Arsenal...
Missed the heads up on the Reaper...
Now we have a Spikes V PSA

Oh boy...

When does @BrickWurX make a lower of dueling Dicks

If Spikes wanted to really knock one out of the park... they'd have done the KEK lower...
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 8:38:06 PM EDT
[#48]
At least the Spikes one looks ok (assuming there’s no stupid spider logo).

The PSA one should’ve been:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 10:22:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By GamecockOperator:
i lol'd at this one, especially knowing who makes some of spikes stuff for them.  fit nicely with this image..
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GamecockOperator:
Please don't get me wrong, I own some Spikes stuff. Seekins Gen1 billet lowers, Seekins BAR rails, Fail Zero/ WMD NiB BCG's, and FN barrels, but that was back when those goods could not be ordered directly from the Mfg. And every purchase came with a premium Spikes mark up.

I do believe Spikes rushed that Cancer lower to market (no proof though). Wasn't sure about the Snek knockoff, the selector markings DO NOT match the engraving on the Snek, so maybe a last minute change up. The Cancer lower is cut from a standard Spikes lower already produced (no special selector markings, serial, or variant. May be wrong here as well, but I doubt it). I would really be surprised to see anything other that the Spider logo on the other side of that lower.

Deep reverse cuts do look good, I will give em that, but nothing hard to design, looks like a FORD font. Anyone with a 40-60watt laser and some time could take pre-anodized lowers and cut em quick. I know, because I've been shopping lasers as of late, 100watters are pricey.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 12:07:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: XeonEvolved] [#50]
This thread needs moar build pics
I was thinking about doing something different a while back when BrickWurX posted his amazing build and I loved the brushed metal look. I kinda wanted to do a black/bare metal look but so far I'm not sure it looks as good as I was hoping, might have to paint some parts to match.

I'm currently working on designing/3D printing a sliding thumbhole stock(grip is 3D printed). I got my SBR stamp back so I am gonna install as soon as I get my design finished.

For the receivers I sanded down the BCA () upper, decided to hire out getting a brushed finish on the lower. Can't tell from my shitty pics but the lower looks great. Going with the bare metal receivers I got some bare parts: Ti mag catch, Ti takedown pins, SS handguard cap holder , and soon to be Ti suppressor.
My Space Force - work in progress:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I wanted to go with something new and thought of a kinda dissipator without the FSB . SS clamp is heavy and sticks out too far
Attachment Attached File

This is gonna be my most expensive AR
Page / 660
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top