Page / 25
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 12:04:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like fun but I would have no where to fire one
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 12:30:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He still gets money put in his pocket. As far as I heard he’s still part of the company but was removed from “decision making duties” or something.

In other words they made it sound good but your money is still going to his and his instagram-yoga-lifestyle wife’s pocket for Anytown for gun violence and anti-gun crusades.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought Malarkey was removed as CEO shortly after his idiotic outburst.
He still gets money put in his pocket. As far as I heard he’s still part of the company but was removed from “decision making duties” or something.

In other words they made it sound good but your money is still going to his and his instagram-yoga-lifestyle wife’s pocket for Anytown for gun violence and anti-gun crusades.
Well, I bought a used X-25 so they haven't gotten any money from me. If he's still profiting then fuck X-Products.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 3:09:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Make your own.  Buy the blank crimping die, its not cheap but will pay for itself if you shoot a lot of them.
http://www.ch4d.com/products/dies/bc

I have one for 30-06 Grenade blanks, because I have a small assortment of inert grenades for an M1 Garand. It is a quality die.

That is good to know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The idiot that made those comments is no longer with the company.

I have one because I got a stupid good deal on it. I've not shot it yet. Just waiting to find a good deal on blanks.
Make your own.  Buy the blank crimping die, its not cheap but will pay for itself if you shoot a lot of them.
http://www.ch4d.com/products/dies/bc

I have one for 30-06 Grenade blanks, because I have a small assortment of inert grenades for an M1 Garand. It is a quality die.

Quoted:
I spoke with xproducts for a warranty replacement for my X-25 drum and they told me the anti-gun owner has been put to pasture for his comments.

They replaced a shitty used gen 1 skele drum with a new one no questions asked. I'm willing to give them a second chance.
That is good to know.
Where are you getting the ballistite for the grenade launching cartridges?  There were some imports many years ago, but that powder is very hard to find.  I think it was made in Italy.

I did get a really good deal on 7.62X51 ballistite cartridges the other day.  Looks like they use a star crimp and some kind of sealant.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 3:25:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I out this together before Malarkey's malarkey. I like it. It has the shoulder thing that goes up.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well shit.

That's disappointing.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#6]
What's the legality of using one of these on a public beach to launch frozen chum tubes with bait and hooks attached?
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What's the legality of using one of these on a public beach to launch frozen chum tubes with bait and hooks attached?
View Quote

Hahahaha! I'm fucking dead.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 10:35:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
That would be epic
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:38:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
X-Products can eat a bag of dicks

These guys are the OEM and sell them for far less
https://f5mfg.com/product/demo-custom-product-1/
View Quote
That is pretty cool. But I actually want a much longer can cannon. Like a 25" long tube or longer. I want to make a bullpub version that looks more like a blooper.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:56:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bastiches cost me money - couldn't justify the X-products price and couldn't stomach supporting their douchebag executive, but F5 overcomes both objections...
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#11]
The can cannon is awesome. I am genuinely surprised they aren't far more common and popular around here. Perfect novelty for an afternoon of 'fun' shooting or a round of sporting clays.

The noise is a perfect 'wuhmp', the recoil is considerable, and getting hit with beer/soda backblast every once in a while is a part of the fun.

Link Posted: 6/28/2018 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Unless you're trying to be a grenadiersniperer, I don't see much utility in tying up a lower.

Too bad there's not some way to rig that to be like the world's biggest pen flare launcher. Or like how you can get a stock for the 37mm 203-style launchers...
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Unless you're trying to be a grenadiersniperer, I don't see much utility in tying up a lower.

Too bad there's not some way to rig that to be like the world's biggest pen flare launcher. Or like how you can get a stock for the 37mm 203-style launchers...
View Quote
I don't know about you, but I suspect most of us here have more lowers than uppers.

If you haven't fired one of these, I suggest you check one out. It's really a lot of fun (minus the cleanup ). It's something different to break up the monotony.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
x products owner is anti 2a

fuck them.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 10:18:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Shit, the lower is the cheapest part.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 7:38:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered one so I wouldn't have to decide on what kind of upper to build to tie up one of my spare lowers
Now the only question is do I use a SD3G or a SSA-E in it
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 10:20:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Came here to link these guys. Now to find 4 more local friends to do a 5 buy
View Quote
Get in touch with Rudy @MA, he has my info.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#18]
F5 Manufacturing is what you seek.

They are the OEM and sell them for quite a bit less from what I've heard...
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks for posting that. Did not realizes these guys were making them.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
I believe this is the case.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Came to post this. Also, it will sling the he'll out of can of potted meat

We need to get a list of things that fit

1. Potted meat
2. Condensed soup cans
3. Obviously 12oz cans
View Quote
I seen somewhere on youtube just in the background that someone made some sort of 3D printed finned rubber bullet for these things. It looked reusable.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 11:26:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I ordered one so I wouldn't have to decide on what kind of upper to build to tie up one of my spare lowers
Now the only question is do I use a SD3G or a SSA-E in it
View Quote
I have an SSA in mine.  Transitioned all my real ARs to SSA-Es and SD3Gs, so had an SSA without a home.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 12:21:45 PM EDT
[#23]
@qwezxc12 , you’re giving me some bad ideas. I’m going to have to see if I have a suitably sized piece of tubing lying around now...
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#24]
I have one, and use it on non-ROTC field exercises with cadets at work.  It is a blast and works for what I want them to use it for- properly incorporate the grenade launcher into their squad missions' planning and execution.  We shoot tennis balls, foam grenades, soda cans, and even M8/M18 smoke grenades out of it (depending on the situation).

Before each FTX I have them shoot a tree at close range with a soda can, so they can see the SERIOUS problem if they hit the wrong target with the wrong projectile.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:15:07 PM EDT
[#25]
So the real question is.....do I blow $500 on a can cannon or a black powder soda can mortar
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:27:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So the real question is.....do I blow $500 on a can cannon or a black powder soda can mortar
View Quote
$162.50 from f5 manufacturing.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah but another complete lower, bolt, charging handle, case of blanks, grenade sights, etc
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yeah but another complete lower, bolt, charging handle, case of blanks, grenade sights, etc
View Quote
You don't have a pile of Andersons in the corner?  

Who needs grenade sights?  

A couple boxes of blanks should last a good couple range trips.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:53:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Now there is something I wouldnt give two shits if we compromised away.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Super fun!  just uses blanks, load the cans in tab DOWN and less of them will break during launching.

I just can't stand X Products anymore after their anti gun BS, it makes me want to sell the can cannon and it sucks the fun out of using it.

FXP
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote
Came to post this.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Soda can mortar?

I was seriously just contemplating this. If you know of one already being made... post the link!
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 2:18:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Soda can mortar?

I was seriously just contemplating this. If you know of one already being made... post the link!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Soda can mortar?

These guys make one but the site is refusing to load for me now worked fine half an hour ago
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#35]
This thread is dildos.

Link Posted: 6/29/2018 9:14:13 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote
I wonder if they will sell this without the carriage. I just want the cannon part. I'll make my own carriage.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Fuck xproducts
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#39]
I'd go in $120 on one, just need 3 more lol
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'd go in $120 on one, just need 3 more lol
View Quote
Anyone else in Michigan interested??
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 10:08:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Just sent them an email and got a responce. They do have longer tube lengths avaliable. They also said it didn't make a lot of difference

They are working on a 45 acp drum right now as well.

I'm liking them already. I have a bunch of the xproducts drums and will never ever buy another from them.

The F5 guys seem good to go.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 10:19:10 PM EDT
[#42]
F5 cannon and 200 blanks will deliver next week. I ordered last night, they shipped today!

Anyone reloading blanks? I found hornady makes blank star crimping dies, I already have the reloading equipment. Not finding much powder/charge data though...
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 10:33:01 PM EDT
[#43]
F5 ordered and they shipped 3 hours later! Can't wait!
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 11:18:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
F5 cannon and 200 blanks will deliver next week. I ordered last night, they shipped today!

Anyone reloading blanks? I found hornady makes blank star crimping dies, I already have the reloading equipment. Not finding much powder/charge data though...
View Quote
Probably a few grains of red dot. I find it hard to believe this info isn't out there.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 11:27:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Probably a few grains of red dot. I find it hard to believe this info isn't out there.
View Quote
The only info I found was for red dot, 7-8gr. Since I already have red dot, I'm going to start at 4gr and work up. I've got the hornady, blank crimp die set on order.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 11:33:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The only info I found was for red dot, 7-8gr. Since I already have red dot, I'm going to start at 4gr and work up. I've got the hornady, blank crimp die set on order.
View Quote
How much was that die?

And please share your findings.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 11:41:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

How much was that die?

And please share your findings.
View Quote
$95. Not cheap, but, loading 250 blanks will pay for it.  figure less than 10 cents per rd for primer and powder.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 12:50:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
$95. Not cheap, but, loading 250 blanks will pay for it.  figure less than 10 cents per rd for primer and powder.
View Quote
Hot damn! Yeah, i think if you use the can cannon often, it will be worth it. If 4 gr of Red Dot can do the trick, you're close to 5 cents per blank. That's damn good.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 12:58:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yep.  I hope their company goes bankrupt, the building catches on fire, and it collapses on their cat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck x products. Owner has stabbed gun owners in the back on multiple occasions
Yep.  I hope their company goes bankrupt, the building catches on fire, and it collapses on their cat.
Poor cat
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 12:59:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
OP, I like the way you think.

I just bought the one in the link above earlier this afternoon for my poop lower.
View Quote
Bet you could rig up one of those to launch poop.
Page / 25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top