Page / 25
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 2:28:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is outrageous! It’s unfair!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3IrVDKdyZE
View Quote
I just watched that and then it gets posted here.
I didn't read the book but he mentioned that in the book Rey sort of mind melds with Kylo and that's how she learned a lot..
Yeah he's right..sloppy writing
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#2]
This is what happens when you hire people to write movies for a billion-dollar franchise who don’t know shit about said franchise. Not even Anakin Skywalker, the Chosen One, could use the Force without significant training. Rey being able to without issue is just bad, lazy writing that wouldn’t have happened if they had just hired writers who cared more about the lore than “Respect Wamen.”
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Agreed...
Oh I'm just gonna read your mind and now I'm a kick butt jedi.
I don't see how anyone could screw it up that bad.
It's all in the name of girl power. They can't cry men don't like strong female leads.
Ahsoka has to be one of the most love character out there, male or female
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Agreed...
Oh I'm just gonna read your mind and now I'm a kick butt jedi.
I don't see how anyone could screw it up that bad.
It's all in the name of girl power. They can't cry men don't like strong female leads.
Ahsoka has to be one of the most love character out there, male or female
View Quote
Agreed. She’s a perfect example of a character done right: she was created with room to grow. She wasn’t always powerful, competent, or even liked by the audience. But because she was properly developed, having gone through some trials, challenges, struggles, and failures, now she’s easily one of the most popular characters in the saga, including among those whom LF and Disney have been claiming are afraid of strong female characters.

I never had a beef with strong female characters. I take issue with poorly written characters being foisted on us for the sake of “the Force is Female” type agenda-driven writing. I take even more issue for being called a sexist for now appreciating their overpowered, undeveloped, boring, and uncompelling characters we are having shoved down our throats.

Man, I can’t wait to see Episode 9 crash and burn. Maybe then Disney will realize the “get woke, go broke” future the franchise faces.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 10:15:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This is outrageous! It’s unfair!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3IrVDKdyZE
View Quote
MARY FUCKING SUE!!!
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 9:37:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Disney and Warner Chappell File CLAIM on Vader fan film and are making money from it now...
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 9:50:10 PM EDT
[#7]
He should just pull the video now. If he can't make money off of it then neither can Disney. I am beginning to hate Disney more and more.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 10:00:03 PM EDT
[#8]
He really seems to be passionate about Star Wars. I mean he filmed that out of pocket and it was pretty dern good if you ask me. I was wanting it to be longer but yeah I would seriously think about pulling it also
Just another reason i'll bootleg SW9 when a good copy is released.

I went and saw 8 and that movie was horrible. I fell asleep and missed like 20mins or so of it. This was a during the day showing so I was tired. It bored me that bad
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 10:09:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
He should just pull the video now. If he can't make money off of it then neither can Disney. I am beginning to hate Disney more and more.
View Quote
Yeah.  Fuck Disney
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep, it’s about the worst example of a growing list of incidents showing the Disney/LF doesn’t GAF about the fans or the advancement of the saga. It’s pretty disgusting behavior to manually turn on ad revenue and profit for something that you didn’t lift a finger to produce. And as he said, the revenue would be huge for a guy like him who is trying to fund the second film, but is pocket change to a big corporation like Disney.

I really can’t think of a worse company to have the rights to the IP. It’s sad and it will eventually end with the death of the franchise until a more responsible owner comes along.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yep, it’s about the worst example of a growing list of incidents showing the Disney/LF doesn’t GAF about the fans or the advancement of the saga. It’s pretty disgusting behavior to manually turn on ad revenue and profit for something that you didn’t lift a finger to produce. And as he said, the revenue would be huge for a guy like him who is trying to fund the second film, but is pocket change to a big corporation like Disney.

I really can’t think of a worse company to have the rights to the IP. It’s sad and it will eventually end with the death of the franchise until a more responsible owner comes along.
View Quote
Part in red: Hopefully that day comes soon so whomever the new owner is can retcon Episodes 7, 8 and 9. We need an actual fan to take the franchise over. Someone like Dave Filoni or even Travis Knight if he's a fan of Star Wars like he is of Transformers.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Part in red: Hopefully that day comes soon so whomever the new owner is can retcon Episodes 7, 8 and 9. We need an actual fan to take the franchise over. Someone like Dave Filoni or even Travis Knight if he's a fan of Star Wars like he is of Transformers.
View Quote
If I came into control of the IP, the first things I would do is promote Filoni to be in charge of all creative decisions, and then declare the Sequel Trilogy non-canon. Then fire anybody who wore or owned a “Force is Female” shirt. Shut down Rian Johnson’s trilogy for good. Apologize profusely to the fans for all the shenanigans and mistreatment over the past few years. Vader spin-off film, followed by a post-Rebels Ahsoka animated series.

A guy could dream...
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If I came into control of the IP, the first two things I would do is promote Filoni to be in charge of all creative decisions, and then declare the Sequel Trilogy non-canon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I came into control of the IP, the first two things I would do is promote Filoni to be in charge of all creative decisions, and then declare the Sequel Trilogy non-canon.
Same here.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I really can’t think of a worse company to have the rights to the IP.
View Quote
I've been laughing for years that they gave exclusive video game publishing rights to EA - probably the most evil video game company in history.

But then there's this:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2019/01/16/ea-is-squandering-disneys-priceless-star-wars-license/#7b2610fc592d

EA has had the license since 2013, and this is all they've accomplished:
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/01/16/every-star-wars-game-ea-has-releasedand-canceled
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like LucasFilm stepped in
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Looks like we could be getting some TCW/Mandalorian footage on April 11, which also happens to be SW Celebration Day.

https://mobile.twitter.com/xpangler/status/1086325812494778369
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Lucas pretty much always supported fan films as long as they were not for profit...One of the awards was even the one that George himself selected.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 10:13:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Lucas pretty much always supported fan films as long as they were not for profit...One of the awards was even the one that George himself selected.
View Quote
Which is really the way to handle it. Disney reacting the way they did just smacks of jealousy and being threatened because they on some level know that the film is superior to their own.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:14:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Interesting video comparing Ahsoka and Gandalf as characters.

Ahsoka is Gandalf Explained - Star Wars Speculation - Ahsoka Tano
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 11:39:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 12:56:54 PM EDT
[#21]
New Galaxy of Adventures short... they sure made Luke look like an idiot.

Princess Leia - The Rescue | Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 1:12:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Pathetic Man-Child Destroys 2,387 Vintage Star Wars Figures
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Well okay then. Should’ve been figures from the ST.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:41:02 PM EDT
[#24]
I find the it amazing that the droids in Star Wars....R2-D2, C-3P0, etc...for being expressionless can portray so much character and emotion.  I get that their are actors in suits...but look at what Anthony Daniels could do as C-3P0....no facial expressions and limited movement.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I find the it amazing that the droids in Star Wars....R2-D2, C-3P0, etc...for being expressionless can portray so much character and emotion.  I get that their are actors in suits...but look at what Anthony Daniels could do as C-3P0....no facial expressions and limited movement.
View Quote
Agreed. If they kill off 3P0 or R2 in Episode 9, I’m walking out of the theater.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:52:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Agreed. If they kill off 3P0 or R2 in Episode 9, I’m walking out of the theater.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol you're going to be at the theater for Episode 9?  

You won't catch me dead there.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:10:00 PM EDT
[#27]
The 501st Legion and Rebel Legion (both of which I am a member of) will be doing a troop on opening day, so I kinda have to go. Not really looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:23:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The 501st Legion and Rebel Legion (both of which I am a member of) will be doing a troop on opening day, so I kinda have to go. Not really looking forward to it.
View Quote
I honestly would have thought the 501st would boycott it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 6:40:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I honestly would have thought the 501st would boycott it.
View Quote
The fandom is pretty split in both organizations. Some people like the new movies, others hate them. None of them really seem all that interested in a boycott.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's pretty cool.  What do you wear?
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 11:25:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Anakin Skywalker (Rebel Legion)/pre-armor Darth Vader (501st Legion).

Link Posted: 2/14/2019 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/Y2GSNd1R/645-FAABD-5585-45-CD-B3-CC-85896-A523-E0-B.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's awesome!   Looks identical.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
That’s a great costume! I wish I had the time/money to get into that. Star Wars cosplay is the best cosplay. The closest I’ve come is making armor for my son out of the 48” action figure toys r us sold.

Link Posted: 2/14/2019 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks all! It’s a lot of money that could’ve been spent on other stuff like mags and ammo, but it’s fun doing troops for a good cause like going to a children’s hospital or a battered women’s shelter. This is some of the local crew at a recent troop:

Link Posted: 2/14/2019 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#35]
What lightsaber maker did you go with?  Yours and Vader's both look great.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was a member of the 501st for a very short time many years ago. When I realized how expensive it was to make a costume that pretty much ended my membership.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What lightsaber maker did you go with?  Yours and Vader's both look great.
View Quote
Thanks! It’s Wonderful Sabers Low Ground, a saber by a small company of which only a couple hundred were made. The saber is modeled after the Episode 3 version of the Skywalker saber, sometimes called the “Skinnyflex.” It’s got a neopixel blade and Proffie soundboard.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 1:26:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I was a member of the 501st for a very short time many years ago. When I realized how expensive it was to make a costume that pretty much ended my membership.
View Quote
Yeah, it is super expensive. Part of me wishes I had spent the money on ammo and mags, but it is what it is. These days I troop a lot more than I shoot anyway.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 7:05:21 PM EDT
[#39]
delete
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Sounds like we could be getting an Obi-wan Kenobi miniseries starring Ewan McGregor!

Ewan McGregor finally returning to the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi?
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 3:14:19 PM EDT
[#41]
I got married last year... My wife made our wedding date May the 4th...  so I wouldn't forget..  HAHA

Carry on
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Sounds like we could be getting an Obi-wan Kenobi miniseries starring Ewan McGregor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mojol8MHM38
View Quote
That would be awesome if true.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 8:49:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Agreed. Ewan was one of the best things about the prequels.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 9:01:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes he was. He also enjoyed playing Obi Wan and has said a few times he'd like to play him again.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 6:54:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
8-10 episode Obi-Wan arc would be perfect.   I would much prefer that to a 2 hour movie.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 6:56:15 PM EDT
[#46]

Pretty cool Ultimate Star Wars saga edit by Topher Grace.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdoWJywrOuw

View Quote
That's pretty cool.  I would like to see his 85min edit of the Prequels.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdoWJywrOuw

View Quote
That was pretty cool. I feel like the stuff in TLJ was pretty misleading though, but I guess he didn’t have much to work with from that dumpster fire.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 4:22:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Matt Lanter, voice of Anakin Skywalker, talks TCW:

The Mandalorian Wraps and Matt Lanter Talks The Clone Wars
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 11:55:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Thoughts?

DAVE FILONI: Ahsoka vs Vader Duel Breakdown
Page / 25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top