Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/19/2018 11:03:45 AM EDT

On July 28, 2018; there will be a Pro Gun Rally at the Florida Capitol, in Tallahassee, Florida. Organized by Mr. Jon Gutmacher. Noted Firearms Attorney and author of Florida Firearms Law, Use & Ownership. The guide book for anything and everything firearms related in terms of Florida law. A book so well respected that it is even issued as required reading in a number of Police Academies.

Currently scheduled to speak at the rally is the following:
  • Lt. Col. Joe Waldron, Vice President and Legislative Director of the Florida Sports Shooting Association
  • Larry Pratt, Executive Director Emeritus of Gun Owners of America
  • Steve Merrette, Director of Member Affairs of Florida Carry, Inc.
  • CJ Grisham, Founder of Open Carry Texas
  • Tara Dixon Engel, Director of Strategic Development of the American Police Hall of Fame & Museum
  • Paul Pawela, Director of Law Enforcement Training of the American Police Hall of Fame & Museum
  • Greg Kinman, otherwise known as Hickok45 of YouTube Fame
  • Royce Bartlet, Host of Shooting Straight Radio on WMMB
  • Last, but not least.
Mr. Mark Keith Robinson; the man who has become known as "I AM THE MAJORITY", is a law abiding citizen who lives in Greensboro, North Carolina. On April 3, 2018 he gave a four minute speech in front of his city council on the Second Amendment that was passionate, deep in meaning, and went viral on YouTube. If you haven't see it, you need to. In making this possible, I would like to gratefully acknowledge and thank Kel-Tec for covering his travel expenses.

And Ms. Kaitlin Bennett, an outspoken conservative activist who became a viral sensation and face of the gun rights movement at Kent State University when she did a purposeful, on campus protest carrying an AR-10 on her shoulder after her graduation. The protest was over the fact that students could not possess firearms on campus, but any other adult could  including open carry of all types of firearms.

Mr. Robinson and Ms. Bennett are shining example of what the 2nd Amendment is all about and how it applies to the everyday citizen. A major kudos to them for grabbing the brass ring and jumping into the fray.

This past March, I asked if the Firearms Industry would be willing to step up to the plate and help fund grassroot rallies and events. Apparently, some heard the call here in Florida and are helping the fight against the gun grabbers. A big thanks to them.

Kel-Tec Firearms, headquartered out of Cocoa, FL neighboring NASA at Cape Canaveral and Ron John Surf Shop in Cocoa Beach threw their hat into the ring. Being the third-largest manufacturer of pistols in the United States. Kel-Tec is not a small-time player doing this for advertisement and name recognition. The company and its founder, George Kellgren. Have long called Florida home, since 1991 actually. And is tired of seeing the sad state of affairs Florida has started to become.

Shoot Straight, Inc.; a Florida chain of gun stores is another major sponsor. Started in 1979 by Khaled Akkawi, a Lebanese immigrant. Shoot Straight is now said to be the highest volume gun seller in the nation, selling 50,000 to 70,000 guns a year. In addition to being one of the largest volume FFLs in the country. Shoot Straight's owner also runs Suncoast Gun Shows, Inc. and Florida Gun Shows, Inc. The two major circuit organizers for gun shows in Florida. Mr. Akkawi is a strong 2nd Amendment supporter and is known in Florida as a clean cut businessman and model of what the American Dream is all about. Freedom and Liberty.

CCW SAFE, based out of the most Reddest State in all the country; Oklahoma (sorry Texas). Is a conceal carry insurance company. Offering different policies and coverage plans. They stand by their clients and provide legal support when it is needed the most. Founded by three former police officers. They continued to hold their sworn oaths and defend the rights of their fellow Americans.

I will be there covering the rally and reporting. I'd also like to give a big shout out to those that stepped up and are helping the fight. So if anyone in the area is looking at fighting back the gun grabbers. Head on over to The Big Pro Gun Rally on Saturday, July 28 in Tallahassee. Shoot Straight is organizing buses for those that need a ride.

Parking for the event... here is a map I made.

All parking meter spots are free on the weekends.

Some of the lots are free too.

Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Why wouldn't the NRA be there ?
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow.. that's a hell of a line up speaking.

I am a life member of the NRA, but more and more they have begun to piss me off.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess it isn't Hammer time

Good Luck Fl. With the RINO's fucking you over, you gonna need it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#5]
lol at the Gutmacher banner using the St Skittles killer pistol Keltc PF-9.

Maximum trolling!
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:53:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Take ball, go home.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:54:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because Wayne, Cocks, and Hammer time make more money when there is a constant fear of losing our rights, not actually fighting to increase our rights, but to keep the status quo.

And for all you super faggots who are going to bash my opinion I'm a life member with 2 other life members in my household, VCDL (barring Van Cleave's recent dipshit move) does gun rights better.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:55:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
You're kidding, right?

1.  The NRA must always be the main attraction.  If there's a spotlight, they have to be in it.  If there will be other people there to share the spotlight, the NRA won't show up.  Kinda like the hot girl that wasn't elected Homecoming Queen.
2. The NRA can't stand to actually see actual citizens doing what the NRA's supposed to be doing.  It just looks bad.
3. The NRA doesn't actually want any progress made on gun rights.  If they won all the battles, and there were no more battles to win, why would we need an NRA?

Amirite?
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Because Wayne, Cocks, and Hammer time make more money when there is a constant fear of losing our rights, not actually fighting to increase our rights, but to keep the status quo.

And for all you super faggots who are going to bash my opinion I'm a life member with 2 other life members in my household, VCDL (barring Van Cleave's recent dipshit move) does gun rights better.
View Quote
Yep you're absolutely right. Fear is what they rely on. Just like the Republicans.

Gun owners are to Republicans,  what blacks are to Democrats.

They count on us as being reliable votes.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:56:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
It is beneath Marion Hammer and what she thinks the NRA should do. She is right now suing people that have sent her nastygram emails and has claimed fear of attacks have keptnjer from attending legislative meetings.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You're kidding, right?

1.  The NRA must always be the main attraction.  If there's a spotlight, they have to be in it.  If there will be other people there to share the spotlight, the NRA won't show up.  Kinda like the hot girl that wasn't elected Homecoming Queen.
2. The NRA can't stand to actually see actual citizens doing what the NRA's supposed to be doing.  It just looks bad.
3. The NRA doesn't actually want any progress made on gun rights.  If they won all the battles, and there were no more battles to win, why would we need an NRA?

Amirite?
View Quote
You are right.

Take the modern musket guy that was here. All he could ever do was talk about how he will help anybody here when it comes to the NRA and working to preserve our 2nd Amendment rights and as soon as he got a nice cushy paying job NRA headquarters he disappeared like a fart in the wind.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Ah yes, lets not ever leave any opportunity to beat the dead horse and bash NRA.

Honestly, you're tainting the 2a support and large gathering with infighting, bravo.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Tag
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#14]
That pumpkin pie haircut bitch staying at home?
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:00:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ah yes, lets not ever leave any opportunity to beat the dead horse and bash NRA.

Honestly, you're tainting the 2a support and large gathering with infighting, bravo.
View Quote
Please. What a load of bull shit. Where has the NRA been in Florida?

If the NRA is unwilling to take the lead then it's time for those on the ground there to do it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:01:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yep you're absolutely right. Fear is what they rely on. Just like the Republicans.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both groups (NRA & GOP) use the Carrot and Stick approach. They promise us the carrot and threaten us with the stick. The carrot is freedom and liberty. The stick is the threat of "Watch what the Democrats will do if they win".
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:01:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm a Life Member.  The only way to change the operating principles of the NRA from what they are now into what we want them to be is to get pissed off enough that we vote the old guard out and vote in people who feel like we do.  You got a problem with that?
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:02:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
http://www.upal.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/shutterstock_39210619.jpg

Both groups (NRA & GOP) use the Carrot and Stick approach. They promise us the carrot and threaten us with the stick. The carrot is freedom and liberty. The stick is the threat of "Watch what the Democrats will do if they win".
View Quote
Yep great analogy. Like Nationwide concealed carry and the HPA. They dangle that in front of us in 2016 didn't they? Fuckers
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:02:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Honestly curious - when was the last time the NRA actually hosted a rally?
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:03:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Strange that NRA ain't showing up to a Pro Gun Rights rally. But then again, Marion Hammer doesn't show up to legislative meetings where public comments are allowed to sway the vote of law makers nor does she show up to actual NRA board meetings either.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hell I've been a NRA member since the early nineties and I don't ever remember seeing anything about them holding a rally.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:05:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bama-Shooter has said that his NRA regional rep is great and helps organize, support, and fund rallies. Florida's rep (Marion Hammer) does nothing.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#23]
LOL & FPNI
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:08:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Wow.. that's a hell of a line up speaking.

I am a life member of the NRA, but more and more they have begun to piss me off.
View Quote
Jon has the clout to reach out and get folks.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Bama-Shooter has said that his NRA regional rep is great and helps organize, support, and fund rallies. Florida's rep (Marion Hammer) does nothing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know the local guys, for the most part are pretty good, but it would be awesome if just once, the the NRA would hold a national rally...say I dunno, on the Great Lawn, like the left likes to do.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Take the modern musket guy that was here. All he could ever do was talk about how he will help anybody here when it comes to the NRA and working to preserve our 2nd Amendment rights and as soon as he got a nice cushy paying job NRA headquarters he disappeared like a fart in the wind.
View Quote
Or as @Aimless calls him, "Missing Musket".
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I guess it isn't Hammer time

Good Luck Fl. With the RINO's fucking you over, you gonna need it.
View Quote
Senator Galvano (R) is the guythat authored the gun control bill that passed and was signed into law by Gov. Scott (R). He will be the Senate President this coming legislative session. That means he'll control where and what bills are heard and what committees that happen in along with the makeup of those committees.

We have a hard fight ahead of us with the GOPe.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:13:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've tried to contact my rep, no replies.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
That pumpkin pie haircut bitch staying at home?
View Quote
Of course.... she's afraid to be out in public.

NRA's Marion Hammer sues 5 men, claims she was target of 'hate and vitriol'

NRA's Marion Hammer says she's getting 'scores' of threatening calls and emails
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, when they endorse gun grabbers that used to be Democrats that hang out with Moms Demand Action for pictures. Of course that rep won't contact you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh good lord get over it! The NRA doesn’t give a flying fuck about actually protecting the 2nd and haven’t in years. They just sit back wait for a shooting and the left to freak then jump back on the send us more money kick. I’m a life member and have been since I was 21 ( 32 years now) and I’m over it.

Good job Florida and good luck !
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why would they be there?  It is a private event that someone else organized.  Do you know if they even ask if the NRA wanted to send someone to speak?

Also it confirms what I've been saying all along, at the state level the people can take it upon themselves to get things done.  You don't need the NRA to hold your hands and do everything for you.  It is nice having them there to do things but gun owners need to get more involved and join a state level organization in addition to a national organization.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol... I hadn't heard that one missing musket. Yeah that's about right as soon as he got his bag of silver he was gone.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:31:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Why would they be there?  It is a private event that someone else organized.  Do you know if they even ask if the NRA wanted to send someone to speak?

Also it confirms what I've been saying all along, at the state level the people can take it upon themselves to get things done.  You don't need the NRA to hold your hands and do everything for you.  It is nice having them there to do things but gun owners need to get more involved and join a state level organization in addition to a national organization.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been involved in this from the start. NRA does not do rallies in Florida. It is beneath them. Jon has reached out and the reply was no.

Hence why we're getting it done without them. Problem is, NRA acts as a block in State Politics because of Marion Hammer.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He dropped off the face of the Earth. Not a word.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why would they do that?  Rally's are not effective and at best they are preaching to the choir.  What changed after the April 14th pro-gun rally that every single state had?  Nothing.  Florida had one and it had a decent size crowd but still attracted less than 0.01% of gun owners...which is why they are not effective!

Politicians react to voters who support them or stop supporting them.  There are lots of issues that can be dealt when and when one issue only brings out 0.001% of those involved in that issue...well the politicians tend not to care.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Strange that NRA ain't showing up to a Pro Gun Rights rally. But then again, Marion Hammer doesn't show up to legislative meetings where public comments are allowed to sway the vote of law makers nor does she show up to actual NRA board meetings either.
View Quote
Do you know if they were even asked if they would send a speaker to the event?
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dude, you seem like a pretty good guy, but your self appointed apologist position for the NRA is off the mark.

They have fundamentally let us down time and time again. If not supporting a bump stock ban, to giving A ratings to anti gun politicians, to failing to show up at legislative hearings on anti gun bills.

Come on, you have to see that. Right?
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:38:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have been involved in this from the start. NRA does not do rallies in Florida. It is beneath them. Jon has reached out and the reply was no.

Hence why we're getting it done without them. Problem is, NRA acts as a block in State Politics because of Marion Hammer.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:40:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
My local one is great at sending out emails asking for money, but has yet to reply to any of my questions to him over the last couple of years.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Dude, you seem like a pretty good guy, but your self appointed apologist position for the NRA is off the mark.

They have fundamentally let us down time and time again. If not supporting a bump stock ban, to giving A ratings to anti gun politicians, to failing to show up at legislative hearings on anti gun bills.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are still the largest and most powerful pro-gun organization in the country.  Some how you think bashing them, criticizing them, and blaming them for everything will somehow strengthen gun rights.  

They aren't perfect but considering everything they do they are a 90% ally.  Yet you and many others take that 10% you disagree with and then brand them 100% enemy.  

Also did you see the part of the comment that you quoted where I said "PEOPLE NEED TO JOIN A STATE LEVEL ORG"?  Nah, you didn't bother to read that, you just wanted to bash me because I support the largest and most effective pro-gun organization in the country.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:45:17 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Reached out to whom and in what way?  You won't get Wayne or any other leadership there without a speaking fee. Marion won't come because of death threats, which I'm sure she has received due to some of her statements.  I find it hard to believe that during the mid-term election cycle the NRA wouldn't send someone to at least encourage people to get out and vote for pro-gun candidates.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They are still the largest and most powerful pro-gun organization in the country.  Some how you think bashing them, criticizing them, and blaming them for everything will somehow strengthen gun rights.  

They aren't perfect but considering everything they do they are a 90% ally.  Yet you and many others take that 10% you disagree with and then brand them 100% enemy.  

Also did you see the part of the comment that you quoted where I said "PEOPLE NEED TO JOIN A STATE LEVEL ORG"?  Nah, you didn't bother to read that, you just wanted to bash me because I support the largest and most effective pro-gun organization in the country.  
View Quote
Yep I have read your rehashed and canned responses over and over. You should go into politics.

They are more like a 50% ally most of the time, 90% when they need money.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:53:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Yep I have read your rehashed and canned responses over and over. You should go into politics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How are they canned responses?  I just typed that response up a moment ago.  Like it or not the NRA is best out there now.  I've encouraged people to join other organizations and show the NRA how things should be done, after all 95% of gun owners do not belong to any type of organization.  It should be very easy to build up a new pro-gun organization, especially since you all claim the NRA is terrible at everything.

I don't care what national organization people join, just join one.  Everyone should also belong to a state level organization.   Gun owners need to get off their lazy butts and get more involved.  Right now 5% of gun owners are carrying the water for the other 95%.  That 5% isn't just the NRA that is all pro-gun organizations combined.  Where are the other 95% of gun owners?

Which part of that do you disagree with?
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Why would they do that?  Rally's are not effective and at best they are preaching to the choir.  What changed after the April 14th pro-gun rally that every single state had?  Nothing.  Florida had one and it had a decent size crowd but still attracted less than 0.01% of gun owners...which is why they are not effective!

Politicians react to voters who support them or stop supporting them.  There are lots of issues that can be dealt when and when one issue only brings out 0.001% of those involved in that issue...well the politicians tend not to care.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is right before our Primary Elections. It can very much have an effect on the incumbents fighting for their seats in the Legislature.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#47]
This is fucking outstanding. Hopefully the turnout is huge. Get em!
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a member for a period of time longer in my life than I haven't been one. I think Inhave the right to criticize them and expect better results afterthe continual failure that they have shown in FL.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

How are they canned responses?  I just typed that response up a moment ago.  Like it or not the NRA is best out there now.  I've encouraged people to join other organizations and show the NRA how things should be done, after all 95% of gun owners do not belong to any type of organization.  It should be very easy to build up a new pro-gun organization, especially since you all claim the NRA is terrible at everything.

I don't care what national organization people join, just join one.  Everyone should also belong to a state level organization.   Gun owners need to get off their lazy butts and get more involved.  Right now 5% of gun owners are carrying the water for the other 95%.  That 5% isn't just the NRA that is all pro-gun organizations combined.  Where are the other 95% of gun owners?
View Quote
Your responses are a variation of your past ones in NRA threads. The wording might be changed, but the effect is the same.

I will give you that the vast majority of gun owners are lazy fucks. I'm not, I'm constantly on all of my state politicians, from the Gov on down as well as my Federal ones.

I belong to the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Ass, who has been a very effective group.

So I do my part...I would like the group that have have a Lifetime membership with to do theirs in states like FL, where it's needed.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 1:00:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They are more like a 50% ally most of the time, 90% when they need money.
View Quote
You realize the NRA is much larger than just politics right?

Do you support:
Eddie Eagle
Shooting Competitions
Instructor Training
Defending self-defense shooters
Hunting
Youth work such as funding rifle ranges at 4-H camps

The NRA is involved in those things every single day.

Then you have politics where of the hundreds of political hot buttons when it comes to gun, you might disagree with the NRA on 5 of them.  Unless you hate shall issue concealed carry, NICs exemptions for CCW holders, castle doctrine, constitutional carry, manufacturer lawsuit protection, a ban on governments confiscating firearms during emergencies....etc.  If you don't support those things then you might disagree a bit more.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top