Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 9/5/2018 10:45:03 AM EDT
First of all, not here to bash the Bible, religion etc...

So if Adam and Eve concieved  Cain, Seth and Able, and some nameless daughter, how did they produce?  Was incest OK for that moment?

Never understood how way back when people lived to 900 y.o.,  Was there a different calender or did they eat healthier.

So lets now explain Noah, so him and his family are the only ones left on earth, you know because it rained for 40 days and 40 nights.

How did that family tree work out, was incest ok then too?
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:45:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Allegory not to be taken literally.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Any port in a storm
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Incest was ok. And God made it so no retards were made. Then after a few generations he was all like, "ok, no more  sister poking, or I'll make tards." Says so in Leviticus.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Family tree was a stump.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Incest was ok. And God made it so no retards were made. Then after a few generations he was all like, "ok, no more  sister poking, or I'll make tards." Says so in Leviticus.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:50:47 AM EDT
[#6]
The family tree is written out in detail in the Bible. What's the question?
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#7]
What I learned from the Russell Crow movie is that we only take what we need, unless we want to get drunk and party with our pants off, then all God's grapes belong to me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:54:46 AM EDT
[#8]
None of it happened.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Cain married a woman from the land of Nod and bore a son, Enoch. That woman was of no relation.

There were clearly other proto-humans in the region, just none that met whatever standard led to the Fall story.

Frankly, Bible stories make a whole lot more sense enlightened by science than placed in opposition to science.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The family tree is written out in detail in the Bible. What's the question?
View Quote
It's true. There is like an entire book of dudes begatting other dudes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I had some guy sitting next to me on a flight do just that.  From Adam and Eve , to Noah, and then every subsequent relative until the present day.

He. Wouldn't. Stop.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:56:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So if Adam and Eve concieved  Cain, Seth and Able, and some nameless daughter, how did they produce?  Was incest OK for that moment? No clue.

Never understood how way back when people lived to 900 y.o.,  Was there a different calender or did they eat healthier.  There are people who believe that the Earth used to have a 12 month / 30 day / 360 day year, that changed in 701BC.  So while there was a different calendar - it didn't differ much from the 365.24 day year we have now.  Note that you also have to date the flood, to either 1656 years after creation or ~1447BC, where a 900 year lifespan was average before, 120 years average after.

So lets now explain Noah, so him and his family are the only ones left on earth, you know because it rained for 40 days and 40 nights.

How did that family tree work out, was incest ok then too?  Noahs sons all had wives on the ark.
View Quote
"Answers" in bold above.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Aliens bro.........
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:00:05 AM EDT
[#14]
All animals interbreed. We wouldn’t have “pure bred” pets or farm animals if it weren’t for inter-breeding. Creating a breed requires selecting the most fit offspring and interbreeding them, either with the parent or each other, for several generations, until all offspring are consistently similar.

Why are humans different? I don’t think we were back then. Only the strong survived. Back then the weak died. There were no doctors or pills, or injections for diabetes. Today, half of us carry inferior genes and are only alive by the grace of God. If we interbreed then our weak genes are only going to be amplified.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Genetically dominant and superior humans live longer and breeding with relatives has no negative effects.
So why did they start dying younger and younger?

Did they not follow God's advice, such as eating and dealing with animals that viruses easily jumped to humans?
Did those offspring that sinned the most corrupt their DNA? Is this why God told them not to take wives from certain peoples?

Maybe we have cancer today because when he commanded them to kill all the people and animals they didn't.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:06:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Cain married a woman from the land of Nod and bore a son, Enoch. That woman was of no relation.

There were clearly other proto-humans in the region, just none that met whatever standard led to the Fall story.

Frankly, Bible stories make a whole lot more sense enlightened by science than placed in opposition to science.
View Quote
This is what I conclude as well. There were other people outside of Adam and Eve. The Bible pretty much says so.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:06:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Look at when the flood was supposed to have happened.  The look at when the Egyptian pyramids were constructed.  Ask yourself if it's possible for the few incestouos folks on the boat to create enough civilization to create such things.

There was no great flood.  Quite probably localized events made into lore through the ages.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:07:02 AM EDT
[#18]
And, how did they progress from nice WASPY names like Adam and Eve to Meshac and Abednego?

And the back again to Paul, Dave, and Mark?
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:07:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I had some guy sitting next to me on a flight do just that.  From Adam and Eve , to Noah, and then every subsequent relative until the present day.

He. Wouldn't. Stop.
View Quote
Noise cancelling headphones are your friend when flying commercial.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:07:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
And people ignore that and the democratic party was born....
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This is what I conclude as well. There were other people outside of Adam and Eve. The Bible pretty much says so.
View Quote
Verse?
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#23]
As for Noah, the conclusion has to be that the flood didn't wipe out all of humanity aside from Noah and his family. There are cultures all over the world, including east asia and the Americas which have legends of the great flood. There must have been other survivors.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Question asked.

Question answered.

Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:12:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
I knew a few guys in the military who I think were "proto-humans."

You know, not QUITE fully evolved yet.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He. Wouldn't. Stop.
He had visual aids.  A six inch thick copy of what I'm assuming to be the Book of Mormon.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Verse?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Verse?
Genesis 4:13-17

Why was Cain worried that someone would kill him if there weren't other people?
Who lived in the land of Nod if there weren't other people?
Where did Cain's wife come from if there weren't other people?

The only explanation is that there were other people.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:16:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Too bad them dinosaurs wouldn't fit on the boat.  Should'a had a bigger boat.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:16:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Not sure if accurate

Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:16:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So if Adam and Eve concieved  Cain, Seth and Able, and some nameless daughter, how did they produce?  Was incest OK for that moment?

Never understood how way back when people lived to 900 y.o.,  Was there a different calender or did they eat healthier.

How did that family tree work out, was incest ok then too?
View Quote
Genesis 5:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:

Yes Cain and Seth had children with one of their sisters.

Incest was not forbidden until Moses (Leviticus) some 2,000 years AFTER Adam/Eve.  You have Lot whose daughters slept with him after the destruction of Sodom & Gomorrah.

There is also a theory that Cain and Able were twins but not from the same father.

1 John 3:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

This theory goes that Satan transformed himself into an angel of light.

2 Corinthians 11:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

1 Timothy 2:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Also there was no conception mentioned between the birth of Cain and able.  Twins can have two different daddys a we now know.

Genesis 4:1-2 King James Version (KJV)
4 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

That is why it is said.

Genesis 3:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Again the above is just a theory.

A theory as to "why did they live longer" would go back to Exonucleases.  They were not as prevalent in DNA, or were not programed as they are now.  What science calls "evolution" is merely adaptations already built in to the DNA.  So when certain criterias are met, then the switch in the DNA gets turned on.  It is code, and most likely has to do with PSALMS 119, and the letters in the Hebrew alphabet vs the pairs of chromosomes?  Again just theory.

Also the atmosphere was different back in Noah's day.

Noah's sons brought their wives with them on to the ark.  So yes the children from them created offspring with each other.

Genesis 7:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Verse?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Verse?
Genesis 4:16

Seth fathered Enosh, and there is no mention or reason to believe he did this with a sister.

Genesis 5:9

Noah was a descendent of the line of Seth, through Enosh. The focus of the story is tracing the lineage of Noah, and showing the relationship to Adam.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:23:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
None of it happened.
View Quote
Prove it didn't .
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Prove it didn't .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
None of it happened.
Prove it didn't .
Evolution.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Evolution.
View Quote
As someone who isn't religious

That doesn't prove it didnt happen
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:28:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thanks... I just spit coffee through my nose.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Evolution.

You're right.  Man being created out of mud is much more likely.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

A theory as to "why did they live longer" would go back to Exonucleases.  They were not as prevalent in DNA, or were not programed as they are now.  What science calls "evolution" is merely adaptations already built in to the DNA.  So when certain criterias are met, then the switch in the DNA gets turned on.  It is code, and most likely has to do with PSALMS 119, and the letters in the Hebrew alphabet vs the pairs of chromosomes?  Again just theory.

Also the atmosphere was different back in Noah's day.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Through evolution... Is that not how life started?
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:30:34 AM EDT
[#41]
LOL.  I like the way it just casually notes who Lot had kids with.

"Nothing to see here!"
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#42]
the bible cannot and should not be taken literal

do you take homer's odyssey literal

no you don't, does that diminish the lessons it conveys

certainly not
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Evolution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
None of it happened.
Prove it didn't .
Evolution.
@1fromtx is correct.  I should have said I don't believe any of it happened, until sufficient evidence is provided.  The burden of proof should be on the ones making extraordinary claims.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:34:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Again that is just a theory so don't get your panties in a wad.  It is not biblical.

As far as the atmosphere in Noah's day being different that is biblical.

Genesis 2:5-6 King James Version (KJV)
5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:35:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A full grown human being? no. I don't believe that's how life started.  A woman from a rib, probably not.

I assume you were referring to abiogenesis?
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Fpni
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
the bible cannot and should not be taken literal

do you take homer's odyssey literal

no you don't, does that diminish the lessons it conveys

certainly not
View Quote
Agreed. When taken as a guide on how to relate to God and your fellow man, The Bible is invaluable. When taken as a science text book, The Bible is useless.

Besides, who came first and who was of what family bloodline means nothing in terms of salvation. If you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus Christ is Lord and that a God raised him from the dead then you will be saved.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:37:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
A full grown human being? no. I don't believe that's how life started.  A woman from a rib, probably not.
View Quote

I think evolution and the bible can play hand in hand

Evolution could be the driver that God used to bring man to the earth

But what do I know. I dont really believe or go to church
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Is a whole lot more plausible than coming from cooled rock.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top