BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 1:55:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Looks I guess are deceiving.  Doesn't look steep at all to me.

Taken from goog earth from the intersection of 30 and 30A looking up the hill.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/139634/30_and_30A_intersection-698256.JPG

Side view of hill grade.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/139634/hill_side_view-698265.JPG
View Quote
Could easily have been the preceding hills that contributed to or caused the brake fade also going down that one. From the pics it looks like the ditch they hit on the side of the restaurant rises up in the back enough where it would have decelerated from 60-0 very violently.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#2]
The owner of the limo company, and his son that runs it....are muslim immigrants. Surprise surprise...

It gets weirder....he worked as a informant/witness for the FBI.....

"The owner of the limousine company, Shahed Hussain, is a former informant for the F.B.I. who has testified in two prominent terrorism cases, a law enforcement official confirmed. The official suggested that his son may be running the day-to-day operations of the company."

.nytimes.com/2018/10/08/nyregion/prestige-limousine-crash

What did these people in the limo know about the Clinton's ??

-
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 2:26:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The owner of the limo company, and his son that runs it....are muslim immigrants. Surprise surprise...

"The owner of the limousine company, Shahed Hussain, is a former informant for the F.B.I. who has testified in two prominent terrorism cases, a law enforcement official confirmed. The official suggested that his son may be running the day-to-day operations of the company."

-
View Quote
Read this from your link.

Instead, the group obtained a stretch limousine, which was in shoddy condition, Ms. McGowan told her friend, using a profanity to describe the vehicle.

The friend, Melissa Healey, 33, who had been the maid of honor at Ms. McGowan’s wedding this past summer, shared the texts with The New York Times.

“The motor is making everyone deaf,” wrote Ms. McGowan, before Ms. Healey asked from where they rented the car.

Ms. McGowan responded that she wasn’t sure, but then added, “When we get to brewery we will all b deaf.”
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 2:30:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Aaaaand someone is getting sued into oblivion.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#5]
So they loaded 17 people into a POS limo, with some 3rd world immigrant driving likely and we get this.

Waiting for Coumo to make some “common sense” reform proposals......
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 2:34:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

-
View Quote
"He became an F.B.I. informant after being charged in 2002 with a scheme involving taking money to illegally help people in the Albany area get driver’s licenses."

Sounds like a real stand-up guy . . .
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

For those wondering why nobody survived the crash.
If you look at the 2 pictures it appears that nearly 50% of the limousine is missing.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#8]
For those that are having a hard time understanding how everyone in the limo died, go back to page three and look at the videos of them hauling it out of the woods.
The front is basically gone from what looks like the 5th or 6th window from the rear to me.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

"He became an F.B.I. informant after being charged in 2002 with a scheme involving taking money to illegally help people in the Albany area get driver’s licenses."

Sounds like a real stand-up guy . . .
View Quote
To help illegal aliens (probably via Canada) get US documentation.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#10]
One of the bodies of the pedestrians.

Witnesses described commotion as first responders broke windows in an attempt to rescue victims.

"I heard some screaming. It looked serious because people were running back and forth," local resident Bridey Finegan told WNYT NewsChannel 13.

"That limo was coming down that hill probably over 60 miles per hour," Jessica Kirby, manager of the Apple Barrel Country Store, told the New York Times.

Bill Waterson, who lives nearby, said he was stunned by the sight of the wreckage. "All the car parts, door panels covered in blood still on the ground and everything. It was bad," he said. "I'm 68-years-old, I've never seen so much destruction."
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#11]

"Still image from a surveillance videotape shows informant, shahed Hussain, wielding an inert, inoperable shoulder fired rocket launcher to suspects in a federal terrorism sting in Albany in volving Mohammed Hossain, and Yassin Aref. TIMES UNION"

https://m.timesunion.com/news/article/FBI-informant-in-terror-stings-owned-limo-in-13290392.php
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
For those that are having a hard time understanding how everyone in the limo died, go back to page three and look at the videos of them hauling it out of the woods.
The front is basically gone from what looks like the 5th or 6th window from the rear to me.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/467703/800x800_1496852511304-prestige-11-698300.JPG
View Quote
Not sure if the missing sections are a result of the impact or of the rescue efforts.  Clipping pillars and peeling the roof is pretty common practice when doors won't open.   Those look like clean cuts from a blurry picture of a distant video.  Total speculation. The portion you can see in the video is surprisingly straight.  Body of frame vehicles don't normally wad up like a unibody.

Sounds like the limo was in rough shape.  As someone who's lost a brake line due to corrosion...there is no warning.  You can drive around normally dry as a bone and stopping well..until you really need to stomp on them...that's when you find the rusty spots.  In GMs it's almost always in the hangers that support the line, you literally cannot see the bad spot until you take it out of the hanger.  I've never had an inspection failed for brake lines.   More than likely the limo failed due to a hole in the exhaust, just given the text messages from passengers.

One thing to note:  NYS inspection for normal passenger vehicles/light commercial (pickups) does not requires your air bag or ABS/traction control/stability control to be functioning properly in order to pass.  You can have the dash lit up like a Christmas tree with SRS/ABS alarms and it will pass every time.  I'm not sure if livery vehicles have different standards.  Can't have emissions codes, automatic fail.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:17:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/467703/800x800_1496852511304-prestige-11-698300.JPG
View Quote
60mph straight into the side of a hill will do some damage.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Former terrorist opens limo service in the middle of nowhere / upstate NY.

Handy way to transport incoming illegals from Canada to NYC or Islamberg (in the Catskills, IIRC)

Also limos much less likely to draw scrutiny in NYC than a Ryder rental like the WTC I bombing.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The group of friends and family were on their way to a surprise 30th birthday party when the 2001 Ford Excursion limousine lost control, careened through an intersection and hit a parked car outside a small country store in the town of Schoharie, near Albany.
View Quote
What the fuck kind of fly-by-night outfit keeps a 2001 model vehicle in service in 2018? Especially in commercial passenger service with the road conditions we have up this way??? Was this another Chinese/Asian bus company or what?
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#16]
So, was this an act of a snack bar?

Was there a dash cam, and if so, did it have audio?
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sounds like haji maintenance (none) + big hill and whatever driver they could scrounge up.

Owners need alien probed.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Class E required to drive livery in NY...never heard of that, had to look it up.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Class E required to drive livery in NY...never heard of that, had to look it up.
View Quote
It makes me curious. I wonder if given the owners history, if the driver even knew he wasn’t allowed to drive it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27166/limo-697083.JPG
https://wwcdn.weddingwire.com/vendor/135001_140000/135307/thumbnails/800x800_1496852511304-prestige-11.jpg
If you look at the 2 pictures it appears that nearly 50% of the limousine is missing.
View Quote
If you watch the video that shows the little blurb of them pulling it out of the ditch, its appears to be all there but is a mangled mess to the 4th window.

In the video at the bottom of pg 6, the NTSB guy says the engine is pushed into the drivers compartment. It also shows another second or two of them pulling the wreck out of the ditch. You can see a little more of the mangled front section. The vehicle didn't break in half. The front 25% accordioned into the next 25%. They'll be pulling the driver out of that with tweezers.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:42:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Really surprised everyone died. You'd think the vehicle wouldn't be nearly as intact as it is.
View Quote
Put a dozen or so eggs in a shoe box. Now drop the box out a second story window. You get the idea.

Prayers for for the families involved in this horrible accident. From what I've read so far, it didn't have to happen this way.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
I am far from a conspiracy theorist but the last two pages, if true, really make you start to wonder.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#23]
My guess is we'll find out the driver was busy reading or sending a text while driving.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:45:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I am far from a conspiracy theorist but the last two pages, if true, really make you start to wonder.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the vehicle was in good condition and it happened and there was no sign of emergency braking I might start thinking snackbar, but this still seems to be negligence to me.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:49:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just saw chuck Schumer say we've got to regulate these limos.
View Quote
Chuckie Schumer can choke on a bag of dicks for all I care. That business is already regulated under federal regs. I'm basing that on the witness statement that they'd originally rented 'some kind of bus.' The regs are pretty damn thorough. Problem is that fly-by-night operators find ways to flaunt them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
diversity makes us stronger.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Interesting that a passenger said the car was in terrible shape yet still got in it.
View Quote
^^^ This right here.

But it there's no shortage of clueless passengers out there in the wild. I've been in commercial passenger service for 18 years. I'm a professional, and it's my responsibility to actually CHECK my vehicle each and every time I take it out of the yard. No excuses, ever. And no incidents in over forty years on the road.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It makes no sense that all the people in the limo died......The cause of death reports should be interesting.
View Quote
How does this make no sense??? Those passengers would have been thrown about like a pea in a whistle. Humans can only take just so much trauma.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 4:21:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Is it true that they were from Amsterdam and going to Cooperstown? Either they were lost or had to pick up someone, otherwise no reason to go that way. I grew up in Middleburgh, that hill they would come down is pretty steep.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Amsterdam,+NY+12010/@42.8723603,-74.7740074,10z/data=

Half way down, steep as in a long grade I should say, this view is towards the intersection

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.7030159,-74.299445,3a,75y,180h,90t/data=
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27166/limo-697083.JPG
https://wwcdn.weddingwire.com/vendor/135001_140000/135307/thumbnails/800x800_1496852511304-prestige-11.jpg
View Quote
How is that street legal?
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#31]
New York State Police said the owner of the limo company is out of the country. I bet he doesn't come back.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Surprised there aren't any photos of the entire vehicle public yet.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Someone's probably going to jail over this. Right?
View Quote
We can only hope. I can think of several people who need a stay indoors over this. Company owner, pretty much the entire safety department (if they even had one)...
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#34]
That is awful news.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#35]
When limos are banned, only bad guys will have limos.

*I’m sure this has already been posted but, I’m not reading the whole fucking thread.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The vehicle had been brought in as a replacement after a bus meant to transport the party broke down.

It belonged to Prestige Limousines and Lisinicchia was one of two drivers employed by the company.

In the last two years, it has had four vehicles taken out of service upon inspection, documents from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration that were obtained by DailyMail.com on Monday reveal.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/10/08/12/4852564-6251457-image-m-28_1538998570490.jpg

Scott Lisinicchia, 53, was driving the limo which crashed in upstate New York on Saturday, killing 20 including himself.

Witnesses said the limo was traveling around 60mph when it blew through a stop sign at the bottom of a steep hill opposite a store, which is known to locals as an accident hotspot.

Trucks were banned from using the road in recent years after several lost control while coming down the steep gradient, the state Department of Transportation said.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/10/08/13/4850982-6251457-image-m-51_1539000545357.jpg

More
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The vehicle had been brought in as a replacement after a bus meant to transport the party broke down.

It belonged to Prestige Limousines and Lisinicchia was one of two drivers employed by the company.

In the last two years, it has had four vehicles taken out of service upon inspection, documents from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration that were obtained by DailyMail.com on Monday reveal.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/10/08/12/4852564-6251457-image-m-28_1538998570490.jpg

Scott Lisinicchia, 53, was driving the limo which crashed in upstate New York on Saturday, killing 20 including himself.

Witnesses said the limo was traveling around 60mph when it blew through a stop sign at the bottom of a steep hill opposite a store, which is known to locals as an accident hotspot.

Trucks were banned from using the road in recent years after several lost control while coming down the steep gradient, the state Department of Transportation said.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/10/08/13/4850982-6251457-image-m-51_1539000545357.jpg

More
From the linked article:
A local official warned that the road had been an accidental black spot for years.

'There have been tractor trailers that have come barreling down that hill and it was a miracle they didn't kill somebody,' Schoharie Town Supervisor Alan Tavenner told the Albany Times Union.

The manager of the country store where the crash happened said they had been begging officials to do something to reduce the danger for years. 'There have been] more accidents than I can count. We have been asking for something to be done for years,' Jessica Kirby, the store's manager, said.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's just like any other motorhome length.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Former terrorist opens limo service in the middle of nowhere / upstate NY.

Handy way to transport incoming illegals from Canada to NYC or Islamberg (in the Catskills, IIRC)

Also limos much less likely to draw scrutiny in NYC than a Ryder rental like the WTC I bombing.
View Quote
WRGB (CBS6 News) now reporting that the cheapskate Muzzie limo owner is out of the country and is in.... wait for it... PAKISTAN.

State authorities have seized all vehicles owned by the limo company.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:10:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
When limos are banned, only bad guys will have limos.

*I’m sure this has already been posted but, I’m not reading the whole fucking thread.
View Quote
Here's one.
Go down to Albany.
Tell that smarmy Cuomo

9-11 3k
NYC 8 with a home depot truck
20 in upstate NY with a limo

Yet... black rifles with flash suppressors pistol grips magazines more than 10 rounds and shoulder things that go up need to be banned to keep NY safe?  And if caught with one that is a felony charge, worse than a child molester? Did you drink the Hudson River water when you were a child?
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:10:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
New York State Police said the owner of the limo company is out of the country. I bet he doesn't come back.
View Quote
Schenectady-based WRGB Now reporting that the limo owner is in Pakistan.

Yes, Pakistan.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

WRGB (CBS6 News) now reporting that the cheapskate Muzzie limo owner is out of the country and is in.... wait for it... PAKISTAN.

View Quote
May be a thread dupe, but...FOX News is now reporting the limo driver was a wire-wearing anti-terrorist informant for the FBI.

This one may have legs.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wonder if he skipped out as soon as the accident happened?

If Paki's won't extradite, nuke wherever they think he is.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s not exactly true.
I can guarantee you that they are over the weight limit for each axle.
The brakes are designed for the weight limit of those axles.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:18:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
May be a thread dupe, but...FOX News is now reporting the limo driver was a wire-wearing anti-terrorist informant for the FBI.

This one may have legs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This one may have legs.
No pics, immediate cleanup, and a guy throwing the tires from the limo into the back of a random pickup as part of cleanup.
Things that make you go hmmmm.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That’s not exactly true.
View Quote
I thought you were talking about the length not the weight limits.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

No pics, immediate cleanup, and a guy throwing the tires from the limo into the back of a random pickup as part of cleanup.
View Quote
Some reports have said there is debris there from accidents past. I saw a pic of the cleanup where someone was placing a compact (tiny) spare tire in a pickup.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:25:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What the fuck kind of fly-by-night outfit keeps a 2001 model vehicle in service in 2018? Especially in commercial passenger service with the road conditions we have up this way??? Was this another Chinese/Asian bus company or what?
View Quote
Most stretch limousines are kept in service for 10 years, or more. Top tier companies keep theirs for about 5-6 years, then sell them downstream.
Same applies to tour buses (sleepers and coaches), aircraft, etc.

17 years on a limo is a lot of freaking years, but I am not surprised that a tiny 2-4 vehicle service has just that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Some reports have said there is debris there from accidents past. I saw a pic of the cleanup where someone was placing a compact (tiny) spare tire in a pickup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-XrQY8aYvA
Same style wheel as was on the accident limo.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:27:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So they loaded 17 people into a POS limo, with some 3rd world immigrant driving likely and we get this.

Waiting for Coumo to make some “common sense” reform proposals......
View Quote
He will ban firearms
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:27:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
That’s not exactly true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s not exactly true.
NTSB guy said there are federal regs covering these stretch conversions.  I 'spect brake capacity and weight limits are addressed by those regs.  Assuming it was a legal conversion, anyway.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top