Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 2:54:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I love dogs and one of the best dogs I ever owned was an American Bull Terrier. But even I'm having problems supporting the breed these days. I don't know what's going on, but something's happening in the breed to make so many of them as violent as they are. Whatever it is, I suspect idiot humans did it with uncontrolled amateur breeding programs.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 2:56:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I frankly do not care if some stranger's dogs bite other strangers or other dogs.
View Quote
But yet you seem to care that some people care that some stranger's dog bite strangers or other strangers.

Link Posted: 11/1/2018 2:57:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I love dogs and one of the best dogs I ever owned was an American Bull Terrier. But even I'm having problems supporting the breed these days. I don't know what's going on, but something's happening in the breed to make so many of them as violent as they are. Whatever it is, I suspect idiot humans did it with uncontrolled amateur breeding programs.
View Quote
Shit bird humans gravitate to them because they see them as "bad ass dogs".  This intern probably results in the shittiest of them being bread more often.

Selective breeding at it's worst.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd pay good money to see that.

Dumb ass Pits would probably think they are winning even after kitty starts dismembering them...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would you bring a pitbull to a dog show? Like bringing a POS jalopy to a car show.

Feed the pit to the big cats at the zoo. They would love a noisy chew toy teach a lesson.
I'd pay good money to see that.

Dumb ass Pits would probably think they are winning even after kitty starts dismembering them...
Big cats like to play with their food just like the little ones.

A Siberian Tiger getting tossed a pit would be like throwing a mouse to a Maine Coon. The overconfident Pit would get a rather drawn out lesson on how the food chain actually works. Tiger's reaction would be:

Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

A Siberian Tiger getting tossed a pit would be like throwing a mouse to a Maine Coon. The overconfident Pit would get a rather drawn out lesson on how the food chain actually works. Tiger's reaction would be:

https://i.imgur.com/jSpd1oA.jpg
View Quote
And yet, sometimes a small, aggressive dog can tree a Cougar or a bear. Boldness sometimes matters.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:03:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
But yet you seem to care that some people care that some stranger's dog bite strangers or other strangers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8wxyrf1tl0rs2n/very%20interesting.jpg?raw=1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I frankly do not care if some stranger's dogs bite other strangers or other dogs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8wxyrf1tl0rs2n/very%20interesting.jpg?raw=1
No, I don't "care" a bit.

But I am curiously amused as to why so many invest so much emotion into other people's choice of dog breed.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
And yet, sometimes a small, aggressive dog can tree a Cougar or a bear. Boldness sometimes matters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My Rhodesian Ridgeback approves.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:05:55 PM EDT
[#8]

I don't understand why anyone would want the liability of owning a Pit.  They maul and kill children, adults, other dogs, owners.  A dangerous breed and should be banned, eliminated.  Perhaps it is all about the training they get but you would think a froo-froo show dog would be pampered, not trained swinging from a rope as it clamps down on a knot at the end.

Want to get sued out of everything you own?  Get a Pitbull.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nobody would give a shit if you lived secluded out in the middle of nowhere and kept your BOP there. But all too often the owners decide to mix it up with the rest of society with disastrous results.

For the crowd that compares guns to dogs:

Imagine a powerful handgun that would periodically, spontaneously, and unpredictably go off on its own.
Would you care if I lived alone in the woods with such a weapon? I doubt it. Now what if I lived in your town and frequently walked around local parks with the thing in a shoulder holster? Would that concern you a little?
View Quote
So, a Sig then?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Im surprised the Siberian didnt kill the pit as a lesson to others.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:10:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Your dog may be awesome. I doubt it, but maybe.

That doesnt change the fact that pibbles are responsible for the overwhelming percentage of serious dog bites (requiring medical attention or causing death). They were bred for strength and aggression. Full stop.

Guns and pit boos is a terrible comparison. My gun does not have free will and cannot spontaneously shoot someone. You're the one using gun grabber logic here.
View Quote
Don't bother.

I still scroll thru these train-wreck threads, but rarely post.

A dog is NOT a firearm.  The correlation is not even weak.  It is non-existent.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Veeeadie interest-tink.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:11:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Toss your "aggressive/bold" pit in with a Siberian and watch what happens to ghetto dog.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Don't bother.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That doesnt change the fact that pibbles are responsible for the overwhelming percentage of serious dog bites (requiring medical attention or causing death). They were bred for strength and aggression. Full stop.

Guns and pit boos is a terrible comparison. My gun does not have free will and cannot spontaneously shoot someone. You're the one using gun grabber logic here.
Don't bother.

The correlation is not between a dog and a gun.

The correlation is between the emotion-fueled rhetoric used by those who are anti-gun and those who are anti-pitbull.

They use the exact same phrases and appeals to emotions.  It is uncanny and undeniable.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don't bother.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't bother.

nobody said a dog is a firearm.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:16:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just doing what their owners want them to do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqp9uFGKK-M
View Quote
Pit was like "WTF is going on? Oh well... I guess I'll attack."
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:16:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Except they’re including mutts in the numbers and basing things on media articles, which aren’t particularly accurate. So no, that’s not anything close to “hard data”.

And it still is a very, very low number, given the overall population of dogs, pit bull type dogs, etc. It’s a non-issue, like the handwringing over deaths perpetrated with those evil “assault weapons”, which are also very few and statistically irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Hysteria. Plain and simple.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do all these busybodies spend SO much time worrying about the dogs that other people choose to own?
They ran out of other things to clutch their pearls and wring their hands about. Must be nice to have things that easy.
Nobody would give a shit if you lived secluded out in the middle of nowhere and kept your BOP there. But all too often the owners decide to mix it up with the rest of society with disastrous results.

Imagine a powerful handgun that would periodically, spontaneously, and unpredictably go off on its own.
Would you care if I lived alone in the woods with such a weapon? I doubt it. Now what if I lived in your town and frequently walked around local parks with the thing in a shoulder holster? Would that concern you a little?
No one realistically compares guns to dogs. They compare gun owners to dogs, in that you can never tell which owner is peaceful and which is malevolent and which is just waiting for the switch to be flipped. Since they can’t just ban people, they choose to focus on taking away the weapon instead. Those same folks would gladly ban the people too, and probably gleefully agree they need put down, but that’s not exactly legal. So yeah, same sort of mentality.
Are you comfortable with that comparison? Dogs to people?
You oughta practice playing devil's advocate to that line of logic and see if you can point out a few flaws in it. Why might that not be a valid comparison?
In terms of the reasoning behind “ban the things”, which is purely emotional and inherently unreasonable, there is no difference. It’s all hysterical, illogical nonsense.
This is dog bite fatalities from 2016.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/261993/Screenshot_20181101-133033_Photos_jpg-724404.JPG

This is all fatal dog attacks since 2008.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/261993/dbrf-20130525_jpg-724405.JPG

One of these things is not like the other. This isn't emotional, hysterical, illogical nonsense. It's hard data. It's fact. Pitbull appologists don't think statistics be like they do, but it is.
Except they’re including mutts in the numbers and basing things on media articles, which aren’t particularly accurate. So no, that’s not anything close to “hard data”.

And it still is a very, very low number, given the overall population of dogs, pit bull type dogs, etc. It’s a non-issue, like the handwringing over deaths perpetrated with those evil “assault weapons”, which are also very few and statistically irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Pretty sure "assault weapons" don't account for 3/4 of the gun deaths in the US each year (Where pits DO account for 3/4 of the fatal dog attacks). What point are you trying to make with that post?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:16:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Don't bother.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't bother.

Their argument is that you should punish the owner of the gun and the owner of the PitBull when the owner does something 'stupid'.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Pretty sure "assault weapons" don't account for 3/4 of the gun deaths in the US each year (Where pits DO account for 3/4 of the fatal dog attacks). What point are you trying to make with that post?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do all these busybodies spend SO much time worrying about the dogs that other people choose to own?
They ran out of other things to clutch their pearls and wring their hands about. Must be nice to have things that easy.

No one realistically compares guns to dogs. They compare gun owners to dogs, in that you can never tell which owner is peaceful and which is malevolent and which is just waiting for the switch to be flipped. Since they can’t just ban people, they choose to focus on taking away the weapon instead. Those same folks would gladly ban the people too, and probably gleefully agree they need put down, but that’s not exactly legal. So yeah, same sort of mentality.
You oughta practice playing devil's advocate to that line of logic and see if you can point out a few flaws in it. Why might that not be a valid comparison?
In terms of the reasoning behind “ban the things”, which is purely emotional and inherently unreasonable, there is no difference. It’s all hysterical, illogical nonsense.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/261993/Screenshot_20181101-133033_Photos_jpg-724404.JPG

One of these things is not like the other. This isn't emotional, hysterical, illogical nonsense. It's hard data. It's fact. Pitbull appologists don't think statistics be like they do, but it is.

What point are you trying to make with the dog statistics?

Are you using them to support the idea of a ban?

Or for some reason, are you just trying to get everyone to see that pit-bulls bite a lot of people?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:19:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The correlation is between the emotion-fueled rhetoric used by those who are anti-gun and those who are anti-pitbull.

They use the exact same phrases and appeals to emotions.  It is uncanny and undeniable.
View Quote
Well the comparison fails because a weapon can be 100% controlled.  A psychotic dog breed may very well run of and do it's own thing.  The doggie equivalent of an AR going on a shooting spree by it's self.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:21:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That the actual numbers are so low that they’re statistically irrelevant.

Yes, 3/4 of deaths sounds bad. And then you look at actual numbers, and it’s around 30 or less. Out of millions of people dying from this, that, and the other each year, and the millions of pit bulls out there in the country. It’s just not a common event. Just like deaths from “assault rifles”.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:21:24 PM EDT
[#22]
No children nearby?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well the comparison fails because a weapon can be 100% controlled.  A psychotic dog breed may very well run of and do it's own thing.  The doggie equivalent of an AR going on a shooting spree by it's self.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, that's why I would never compare dogs to guns, unless I was talking about a black lab sharing the same color as my rifle.

Odd that you refer to an entire dog breed as being "psychotic."   They are animals, not people.  Animals cannot suffer from psychosis.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please show the instance where a dog bit someone and it's owner didn't do something that allowed it to happen first.  You know, like taking your dog to a dog show.  Or having an inadequate fence.

Pitbulls don't jump out of the woods and maul kids.  But by all means, keep saying that dangerous things have no place in the world on a gun board lmao
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:33:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Using statistics and hard data to justify an emotional argument doesn't change the fact that it is an emotional argument.

Do YOU support banning or killing all pitbulls?

Do those statistics support the idea of a ban of all pitbulls?    Or that they should all be killed?

If not, then they are irrelevant to the discussion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Using statistics and hard data to justify an emotional argument doesn't change the fact that it is an emotional argument.

Do those statistics support the idea of a ban of all pitbulls?    Or that they should all be killed?

That's rediculous. I'm using statistics to make an argument. You're calling those statistics an emotional argument. You clearly don't know what an emotional argument is. An emotional argument is one that is made without facts or despite the facts. It generally starts with "I feel". It doesn't start with "here are the numbers".
By your standard, any argument against pitbulls is an emotional argument. By definition, your argument in support of the breed is the emotional argument. You're using your emotions to argue against the published data.

Show me data proving pitbulls are not the leading cause of death and injury from dogs.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Traits and drives matter.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yes, that's why I would never compare dogs to guns, unless I was talking about a black lab sharing the same color as my rifle.

Odd that you refer to an entire dog breed as being "psychotic."   They are animals, not people.  Animals cannot suffer from psychosis.
View Quote
Well I'm sure you knew I used the word psychotic for affect.  But animals can in fact suffer from mental illness.

Whether the clinical definition of psychotic applies IDK... or care.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That's rediculous. I'm using statistics to make an argument. You're calling those statistics an emotional argument. You clearly don't know what an emotional argument is. An emotional argument is one that is made without facts or despite the facts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's rediculous. I'm using statistics to make an argument. You're calling those statistics an emotional argument. You clearly don't know what an emotional argument is. An emotional argument is one that is made without facts or despite the facts.
No.

I did not say that the statistics WERE an emotional argument.

I said that they are being used to SUPPORT an emotional argument.

It generally starts with "I feel". It doesn't start with "here are the numbers".
By your standard, any argument against pitbulls is an emotional argument. By definition, your argument in support of the breed is the emotional argument. You're using your emotions to argue against the published data.
But I am not in any way making an argument in support of the breed.

I am making the argument that the rhetoric used by those who are calling for a ban of the breed, or calling for the killing of all pit-bulls is an emotional argument.  
It's undeniable.

Show me data proving pitbulls are not the leading cause of death and injury from dogs.
I've never claimed that they weren't.  Why would I be bothered making such an argument?  I do not care if they are responsible for 99.999% of all dog bites.

For that matter, WHY are YOU seeking and posting statistics to prove to people that pit-bulls are bad?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:45:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Well I'm sure you knew I used the word psychotic for affect.  But animals can in fact suffer from mental illness.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dogs and animals CAN suffer from PTSD and depression, but they cannot really suffer from psychosis.  And if they COULD, it would not be a trait of a breed.

Using words to make a claim that is not true "for effect" is not a sound method.  It supports the idea that many of these arguments are driven by emotions rather than reason.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Never knew I had the hots for Thai veterinarians.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They did that briefly and quickly moved on. Rarely do they go back, only onward to bigger, badder, or better. Try again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Serious question for those wanting to end the group of breeds collectively referred to as 'pit bulls': which large, potentially aggressive breed would you like to see replace them as the demon dog du jour?
We could do a poll or something, but I'd vote chow.
They did that briefly and quickly moved on. Rarely do they go back, only onward to bigger, badder, or better. Try again.
This thing seems pretty intimidating.
Ovcharka
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:50:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I love my pitbull.  She is the best dog I have ever seen, loyal smart well behaved.

Most people who hate pitbulls have never owned one, just like most people who hate guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jesus, when are we going to end that fucking breed?  Useless fucking animals
This x100.

You do not love dogs if you think a pit is a good dog.
I love my pitbull.  She is the best dog I have ever seen, loyal smart well behaved.

Most people who hate pitbulls have never owned one, just like most people who hate guns.
One huge difference. Guns don’t kill people
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
No.

I am making the argument that the rhetoric used by those who are calling for a ban of the breed, or calling for the killing of all pit-bulls is an emotional argument.  
It's undeniable.

I've never claimed that they weren't.  Why would I be bothered making such an argument?

For that matter, WHY are YOU seeking and posting statistics to prove to people that pit-bulls are bad?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

It generally starts with "I feel". It doesn't start with "here are the numbers".

It's undeniable.

I've never claimed that they weren't.  Why would I be bothered making such an argument?

I'm not posting stats to prove pitbulls are "bad". That's a bit too emotional. All those injuries and killings could be a good thing if they were all committed against ISIS cells hiding within our borders instead of against children, old folks, and whomever they happened to be standing next to. Sadly, pitbulls aren't that selective. I'm making the argument that pitbulls are more dangerous than other dog breeds and are more likely to cause death and destruction to people that encounter them. I believe the stats support that argument.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This thing seems pretty intimidating.
Ovcharka
https://i.imgur.com/a2ouzDs.jpg
View Quote
Good lord!  Would like to know that how tall that man is for comparison though.  Could be a really little dude.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That the actual numbers are so low that they're statistically irrelevant.

Yes, 3/4 of deaths sounds bad. And then you look at actual numbers, and it's around 30 or less. Out of millions of people dying from this, that, and the other each year, and the millions of pit bulls out there in the country. It's just not a common event. Just like deaths from "assault rifles".
View Quote
What about the non-lethal attacks? What about fatal non-human attacks.

If the statistics where more like you describe we wouldn't even have this thread.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This x100.

If a trained attack dog was taken home by his handler, and then given the command to attack the handler's wife, and she died...

...who should be held responsible for her death?

Should the dog be put down?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:57:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

lol

Toss your "aggressive/bold" pit in with a Siberian and watch what happens to ghetto dog.
View Quote
Sure, if the cat or bear cannot retreat, it has no choice but to fight. If it can retreat, sometimes it will.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:57:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm not posting stats to prove pitbulls are "bad". That's a bit too emotional. All those injuries and killings could be a good thing if they were all committed against ISIS cells hiding within our borders instead of against children, old folks, and whomever they happened to be standing next to. Sadly, pitbulls aren't that selective. I'm making the argument that pitbulls are more dangerous than other dog breeds and are more likely to cause death and destruction to people that encounter them. I believe the stats support that argument.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

It's undeniable.

So you do not support the argument that they should all be banned or killed?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:59:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

lol

View Quote
lol. Who's the folks measuring dicks again?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:06:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If a trained attack dog was taken home by his handler, and then given the command to attack the handler's wife, and she died...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This x100.

If I may answer this...
I'd say in that situation, if the dog was trained to attack on command and the owner gave such a command and the dog followed it and killed someone then, yes, the owner is directly responsible and 1st degree murder is likely appropriate.

But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about a breed of dog that has been consistently bred for it's aggression and fighting prowess (in a sport that is universally banned in this nation) that is suddenly expected to be docile. Yet when it kills or mames someone the owners are inevitably shocked because "he's never done that before."
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

It's undeniable.

Because of the data, I'm fine with banning them. In light of the facts I think a ban may be appropriate. Why should they not be? Other than dog fighting (which is illegal), what traits to pits possess that other breeds of dogs don't do better and with a better safety record?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#42]
You support a ban of the breed?  No shit.

A government enforced ban.  Federal?

Round them all up and kill them?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
So do you, or do you NOT support a ban of the breed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This x100.

If I may answer this...
I'd say in that situation, if the dog was trained to attack on command and the owner gave such a command and the dog followed it and killed someone then, yes, the owner is directly responsible and 1st degree murder is likely appropriate.

But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about a breed of dog that has been consistently bred for it's aggression and fighting prowess (in a sport that is universally banned in this nation) that is suddenly expected to be docile. Yet when it kills or mames someone the owners are inevitably shocked because "he's never done that before."
So do you, or do you NOT support a ban of the breed?
Answered above..
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Answered above..
View Quote
Asked above...
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Asked above...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Answered above..
Asked above...
WTF kind of debate is this we're having? You asked a question. I answered it directly.

I'll repeat my answer:

Because of the data, I'm fine with banning them. In light of the facts I think a ban may be appropriate. Why should they not be? Other than dog fighting (which is illegal), what traits to pits possess that other breeds of dogs don't do better and with a better safety record?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I've never had cancer either, but I'm pretty sure I'd hate it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
WTF kind of debate is this we're having? You asked a question. I answered it directly.

I'll repeat my answer:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Answered above..
Asked above...

I'll repeat my answer:

I asked what sort of ban you had in mind.

And should they all be killed?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:29:55 PM EDT
[#48]
In the USA that Pit would never be allowed into another show.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Answered above..
Asked above...

I'll repeat my answer:

Such a question would be better left to somebody more knowledgeable on matters of dog breeding. I have honestly never given deep consideration to how such a thing should be carried out. So I'll dream this up off the cuff though I'd be highly persuadable to more practical means as they're offered up.

1. Illegalize breeding, sale, or transfer of American pitbull terriers or any dog crossbred with them.
2. All existing pitbulls and pitbull crossbreeds need to be "fixed".

I have no doubt this leaves a few complications out like "what if my dog is 1/64th pitbull. That's where knowledgeable breeders opinions count. I couldn't begin to tell ya. But something like this is where I'd start.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:42:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If the statistics where more like you describe we wouldn't even have this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That the actual numbers are so low that they're statistically irrelevant.

Yes, 3/4 of deaths sounds bad. And then you look at actual numbers, and it's around 30 or less. Out of millions of people dying from this, that, and the other each year, and the millions of pit bulls out there in the country. It's just not a common event. Just like deaths from "assault rifles".

What about them?

There are millions of dog bites and attacks every year, all in varying degrees of severity from no injury whatsoever to death. By far, the vast majority of them are perpetrated by mutts. Mixed up, muttly, irresponsibly bred mongrels.

What’s your point?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top