Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 7:50:44 AM EDT
[#1]
My favorite handgun, hands down.  Highly accurate, and highly accurate at medium range as well.

Just get it.  You won’t regret it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 8:25:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone know if FN is still doing the mil/le discount?  I bought my FDE FsN pistol for $808 shipped to my FFL a few years ago.

The only thing I didn't like was the position of the safety.  I don't have huge or long fingers and it was tough to manipulate the safety.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 8:41:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I like mine but also on the fence about selling it, mainly because I'm cheap and would rather spend the ammo money on rifle ammo. Having said that, it's the first pistol I regret selling and ended up buying another. So, really I just buy ammo when PSA has it on sale and shoot it once in a while. I stock the red box and really just dont shoot it to preserve it for carry, HD or SHTF. I even have a really nice holster and double mag carrier that makes carrying it very easy plus it's light as hell.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 8:56:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 9:01:35 AM EDT
[#5]
How times have changed.  I remember when I got my IOM back around 2000 or so everyone here was talking about how stupid the gun was, and how stupid the round was...how it was a total waste of money.  Been shooting it for damn near 20 years without a single failure, and  I still love shooting it to this day.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Fn57 and a PS90.  5.7x28 is a great round.  Now I am looking at the MPA57 because of this thread.  It looks like a great SBR setup if you Form 1 it.
View Quote
CMMG Guard might be better.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 9:20:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 9:25:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I have one and used it as my bedside gun for a long time until I got something a bit more mainstream with a rail. I love the ergonomics on it. I don't shoot it much anymore but I mainly use it to teach new or inexperienced people to shoot due to it's accuracy, low-recoil, and solid ergonomics. It works particularly well with novice women shooters.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anyone know if FN is still doing the mil/le discount?  I bought my FDE FsN pistol for $808 shipped to my FFL a few years ago.

The only thing I didn't like was the position of the safety.  I don't have huge or long fingers and it was tough to manipulate the safety.
View Quote
Probably, but I think better deals exist. Their blue label list prices weren't very good but I bought a NIB ps90 for $1050 at a cop shop a couple of years ago maybe distributors get better deals?
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 10:11:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 10:18:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Lol. Guy is advertising those as armor piercing.  Not sure they meet the legal definition, but that’s still a good way to draw some unwanted attention.  Even better, his pictures make it clear they can pass through Kevlar.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You got a link to some velocity charges on the 5.7x28mm?  Would be helpful in discussions like this.  5.7x28mm is handicapped by its handguns; .22 TCM is handicapped by a single ammo supplier and lack of semi-auto rifles.
LINK

In addition Buffman has numerous videos posted on YouTube where he clocks various 5.7x28 rounds.
Lol. Guy is advertising those as armor piercing.  Not sure they meet the legal definition, but that’s still a good way to draw some unwanted attention.  Even better, his pictures make it clear they can pass through Kevlar.
They were raided by the ATF years ago. They sued, not sure of the outcome. I remember reading about it when it happened. It was just after I sold my Five seveN IOM.
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/08/robert-farago/atf-raid-elite-ammunition-confiscate-armor-piercing-brass-bullets/
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 10:23:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I still have a 2000rd FN spam can of SS192.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a Fn57 and a PS90.  5.7x28 is a great round.  Now I am looking at the MPA57 because of this thread.  It looks like a great SBR setup if you Form 1 it.
They dropped the Guard name. It is called the "Banshee" now and is sold in 3 different trim levels, and I would agree. They also look better aesthetically IMO. CMMG rotary delay looks like a great system and platform.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 10:35:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A loaded 22-250 smokes body armor like it’s its job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, like m193 in 20” barrel
A loaded 22-250 smokes body armor like it’s its job.
How does it do in an AR15? Or against ceramic armor?
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 11:03:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the replies, everyone. So it seems like the people who have owned it really enjoy it and especially appreciate its accuracy. I think I am going to keep my eyes open for one at a good price, although since I would prefer a new gun I am likely looking at $1150-1300 range. Gonna hit the local shop and see how the Mk2 feels in my hands, I think the one I shot years ago was a USG. I feel like if anything it is controversial as well and deserves a place in the collection, also the fact that it is like 28oz fully loaded? Crazy.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 1:07:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:. How does it do in an AR15? Or against ceramic armor?
View Quote
Think only Olympic chambers an AR-15 in .22-250.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 1:10:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 1:12:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Have a PS90 SBR and absolutely love the thing.

Have a five-seven handgun and don't like it. If it didn't shoot the same round as my PS90, I'd get rid of it. I have small girlish hands and it's too big for me. I think I'd like the TCM kit for one of my Glocks better if I had a little sbr that shot that round as well. Had a 1911 double stack 9mm/tcm and got rid of it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#20]
The lead free rounds wont cycle mine. Not enough back pressure. I also cant hit shit with it. Ive adjusted my sights all over the damn place but even at 20 yards ill hit paper once out of 5 or 6 rounds. I need to bore sight it to re zero and figure out what the fuck im doing.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#21]
That turd that shot up Ft.Hood used a 5.7x28, I understand the results were devastating, massive wounds and blood loss.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 2:36:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
MkII owner checking in. I haven’t read the responses, but I expect the peanut gallery to degenerate to “.22 magnum HURRDURR” quickly. I really like mine, and consider it to be a quality pistol. Very high capacity, very low recoil, easy to shoot with a high degree of precision. I do wish there were more aftermarket in terms of holster options, sight options, and trigger options. The latter two exist but are limited in options and expensive as shit. I don’t carry mine, though I do have a decent holster for it we’re i to take a notion, and wouldn’t be above such with SS198. The EA stuff never really did a whole lot for me personally. BUT MUH HST KNOCKDOWNPOWERRRR

^carries 147 HST

ETA: I have considered taking either my Five-Seven or SBR’d PS90 out for a short range neck shot on deer season just to see what it would do on tissue. Thought about doing it this last season but ended up using a .223, 6.5G, .308, and 50BMG instead. Eventually I’ll get around to it for the sake of science.
View Quote
Damn, you had to work all the way up to a 50?  Must have been one hell of a deer
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 1:10:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Oooopps, as I pointed out. You’re WRONG!

And as to the powder that Jay Wolf uses, good luck. It’s a non-canister powder. Many reloaders have tried to duplicate his loads, the results many times resemble THIS....

https://i.imgur.com/xca5gkJ.jpg

Oh, and based on this screenshot I think we’ve been over this SAME ground before, as in 18 months ago.....

https://i.imgur.com/AqK1thH.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a TCM round and a couple empties as souvenirs from a range day helping break in a TCM pistol and the ammo clocked 2,100 fps over a Chrony. Fun was had by all.

Show us a 5.7 load that does 2762 fps with a 40 grain bullet from a 16 inch PS90 barrel.

Until then I'll match your B.S. flag with Reading comprehension, you no haz it. Maybe you read it wrong. We all make mistakes. If you want to re read the posts and delete your BS flag post then I'll delete this one.

Edit: I found this pre order page for a 5.7 load the seller claims will produce 2,762 fps with 40 grain bullet from a PS90. That is near the 2,800 fps that the TCM rifle is reported to deliver from a 21.75 inch barrel.  IF this is true and not hype and IF the load is safe then many will want to know what powder(s) he is using so they too can get performance greater than a cases capacity normally allows.
Oooopps, as I pointed out. You’re WRONG!

And as to the powder that Jay Wolf uses, good luck. It’s a non-canister powder. Many reloaders have tried to duplicate his loads, the results many times resemble THIS....

https://i.imgur.com/xca5gkJ.jpg

Oh, and based on this screenshot I think we’ve been over this SAME ground before, as in 18 months ago.....

https://i.imgur.com/AqK1thH.jpg
22 TCM 5 inch 1911 2,000 fps over a chronograph.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUDG609ql80&t=45s

The inventor of the TCM shoots it over a chronograph.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PhdRePCKJ8

PS90 with 40 grain ammo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmY4ipS1wk8
Well it appears current lots of TCM are a bit cooler than the 2,100 fps when it first came out so with each gun shooting 40 grain off the shelf factory ammo the TCM pistol is down to equal to the PS90 carbine instead of faster. Oh well.

EA PROTECTOR 40 grain FN pistol, skip to 0:25 for velocity of 1,810 fps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2idqn7FM2bo

TCM bolt action,$400. 40 grain bullet @ 2,800 fps.  PS90, $1,300 40 grain PROTECTOR @ 2,762

22TCM, factory ammo on the shelf $0.36 per round.
EA PROTECTOR pre order custom hand loads, $1.80 per round.

Bulk powder is made and sold by the lot in tons.  The cost to develop a new powder is prohibitively expensive for the small ammo maker. IF there were a single powder suitable to propel a 40 grain bullet to 2,762 out of the 5.7 FN case, FN would buy it by the ship load or license it's production and enhance the balistics of every 5.7 round they make. Armscor would try to buy it too. Every ammo maker that produces small capacity center fire cartridges like the .22 Hornet and .218 Bee would be all over it. None have bought it. Therefore it doesn't exist. Ergo EA PROTECTOR is a duplex or triplex hand load of two or more mystery powders. That is risky.

You can not buy the powder to load your own PROTECTOR.

You can buy the powders to load your own TCM.
http://www.accuratepowder.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/load_data_TCM.pdf

Addendum.
Where does one buy FN factory 5.7 bullets for reloading ?
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 1:45:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have a TCM round and a couple empties as souvenirs from a range day helping break in a TCM pistol and the ammo clocked 2,100 fps over a Chrony. Fun was had by all.

Show us a 5.7 load that does 2762 fps with a 40 grain bullet from a 16 inch PS90 barrel.

Until then I'll match your B.S. flag with Reading comprehension, you no haz it. Maybe you read it wrong. We all make mistakes. If you want to re read the posts and delete your BS flag post then I'll delete this one.

Edit: I found this pre order page for a 5.7 load the seller claims will produce 2,762 fps with 40 grain bullet from a PS90. That is near the 2,800 fps that the TCM rifle is reported to deliver from a 21.75 inch barrel.  IF this is true and not hype and IF the load is safe then many will want to know what powder(s) he is using so they too can get performance greater than a cases capacity normally allows.
View Quote
That's Jay's stuff. He gets custom powder for those and loads em as hot as is safe. Not super thrilled about any 5.7 with a ballistic tip though, and 40 gr is too heavy. His T6B is LEGIT though, and then some. I would rather have it than SS190.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 1:47:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Holy shit... when a 5.7 blows up it REALLY blows up..
View Quote
SAAMI spec for it is something like 50,000 psi I think. So yea...
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:  Jay Wolf has CLEARLY stated that he uses a Non-Cannister powder, and as to whether he can afford it. The man purchased a Two Million Dollar machine to manufacture 5.7X28 brass, there are now only TWO manufacturers of 5.7X28 brass in the world. FN and Elite Ammunition! On this subject, Jay REALLY doesn’t like to be called a “Liar”, which you have done!
View Quote
How is he calling the dude a liar if he's figuring out how he's doing it?  Duplex and Triplex loads were the original propellant for the .454 Casull.  They are tricky, and would explain how he's getting those velocities.  It's not a recipe for widespread adoption of the cartridge, however.  You've got some on hand, no?  I'll PayPal you $5 to break one open and post good pics of the powder.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#31]
I had one.  It was fun to shoot, but ammo was both hard to find, and rather expensive for what it is.  FN restricts the most desirable ammo for military and police.  The closest civilian equivalent ammo is both hard to find, and expensive.  The ammo that remains available is ballistically very similar to a 22 mag round.  The round is famously difficult to reload.

With all these considerations, I decided to get rid of my pistol.  Other than plinking, I really hadn't figured out a viable use for the pistol.  Even as a small game hunting round (squirrels, rats, rabbits etc), there are cheaper rounds that are ballistically similar.

If I were looking for something like that today, I would probably look into the Kel-Tec pistol that holds something like 30 rounds of 22 magnum before I would try the 5.7 again.

If I could easily buy the military/police round, and get the select fire 5.7 bull pup I would probably be all over acquiring both the pistol and carbine.

FWIW, the pistol I had was VERY accurate, and lots of fun to shoot.  It never malfunctioned, but I only fired FN ammo through it.  I owned it for about 2 years before deciding that other things would suit my needs/use parameters more reasonably.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 3:05:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 4:12:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#34]
I love my 57. I love hearing the .22 comments though.

Link Posted: 2/6/2019 4:54:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I love my 57. I love hearing the .22 comments though.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58463/fn57-723789.jpg
View Quote
Remember how bad it was when the IOM first hit the market?  All you saw on here was how it's an over priced .22mag.  Shitpost after shitpost on that for years....
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#36]
I sure like mine!  
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:. I only have Elite T6B and S4M which are both HOT!

This is a powder charge from a round of T6B, the powder is VERY FINE granules. I’ve never seen powder with this fine of consistency.

https://i.imgur.com/ARLyC58.jpg
View Quote
Interesting.  What does the charge weigh?
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 2:11:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bulk powder is made and sold by the lot in tons.  The cost to develop a new powder is prohibitively expensive for the small ammo maker. IF there were a single powder suitable to propel a 40 grain bullet to 2,762 out of the 5.7 FN case, FN would buy it by the ship load or license it's production and enhance the balistics of every 5.7 round they make. Armscor would try to buy it too. Every ammo maker that produces small capacity center fire cartridges like the .22 Hornet and .218 Bee would be all over it. None have bought it. Therefore it doesn't exist. Ergo EA PROTECTOR is a duplex or triplex hand load of two or more mystery powders. That is risky.

Addendum.
Quoted:
Jay Wolf has CLEARLY stated that he uses a Non-Cannister powder,
If it is indeed a single propellant and not a duplex or triplex load then the mystery powder would bring easy millions in license fees to ammunition manufacturers.

Quoted:and as to whether he can afford it.
The man purchased a Two Million Dollar machine to manufacture 5.7X28 brass, there are now only TWO manufacturers of 5.7X28 brass in the world. FN and Elite Ammunition!
That's nice.

For those may not want factory TCM brass it is cheap and easy to form from any one of the .223 family of cartridges, .223 basic, .17 Remington, .204 Ruger, .221 Fireball, .222 Rem, .222 Rem Mag. .223 Remington, 5.56 NATO, .300 BLK etc.

Or just collect some once fired .223/5.56 cartridge family of empties made by Aguilla, Armscor, Federal, Fiochi, Hornady, Lapua, Norma, PMC, Remington, RWS, S&B, Starline, Winchester,Wolf, Milsurp and so on and so on.

Quoted:
On this subject, Jay REALLY doesn’t like to be called a “Liar”, which you have done!
No doubt Freud would have some interesting things to say on this.

Quoted:
It’s been hypothesized that FN deliberately has downloaded 5.7x28 ammunition that’s offered to “Joe Public”,
Internal ballistics and physics is more plausible than tin foil hat wearing wishful thinking. At no more than 38,000 psi the 22TCM gets 2,000 fps with a 40 grain bullet out of a 5 inch pistol barrel and 2,800 fps out of a 22 inch rifle barrel. The 5.7 has 9% less case capacity and has to operate at 50,000 to 63,817 psi psi to get the velocities is does get with the bullets that factories load in it.  All things considered it takes pre order custom hand loaded ammunition at $1.80 per round for the 5.7 to almost catch up to the TCM at $0.35 per round.

Quoted: they’ve been concerned that the cartridge might be outlawed due to its ability to penetrate body armor.
Vendors offering it as such or advertising it doing as such probably shouldn't.

Quoted: And indeed there is a bill introduced every year in the U.S. House of Representatives to outlaw the FiveseveN pistol and several cartridges by name.
Congress being congress. And water is still wet.

Quoted:
As to where can you “buy FN factory 5.7 bullets for reloading ?” If you’re referring to the projectile that’s used in SS197 (Blue Tip) you CAN’T purchase the Blue Tip round, but you CAN get the same exact projectile in a Red Tip or “Zombie Green Tip”. The Blue Tip is a Hornady projectile that’s identical to the other colors but the Blue Tip is only sold to Fiocchi (who actually manufactures SS197).
The 23 grain lead free would be nice.

Quoted:
Don’t get me wrong, I hope the .22 TCM succeeds but I think it’s going to be the new .41AE. There is only ONE company offering ammunition and ONLY TWO LOADS! APPARENTLY THEY NOW ONLY OFFER ONE LOAD!!!
Obviously you did not check the Armscor website two loads.
Factory TCM ammo, bullets brass primers and powder are available retail. And there is the whole form your own brass thing so no need to be dependent on only two manufacturers.

Quoted:
By contrast here is a PARTIAL list of ammunition manufacturers who offer 5.7X28 and most if not all have several loadings...

FN
Fiocchi
Elite Ammunition
R&R
Detroit Ammo
ELP
Vanguard
Desert Ammo
Sellier & Bellot (not in production yet, but has been announced)
Here's a partial list of handguns that can be converted to 22TCM or TCM9R
TCM: anything with a 7.62 Tokarev, 9mm, .38 Super, 9mm Largo or like breech faces capable of cycling a cartridge 1.265 inch OAL or longer.

TCM9R: anything 9x19mm Parabellum or like breech face capable of cycling a 1.169 inch OAL cartrige.
TCM9R conversion kit for Glocks
TCM9R pistol: MAPP
1911 conversion kit

Rifles that can be converted to 22TCM and TCM9R: anything with .223/5.56, 7.62 Tokarev, 9mm, .38 Super, 9mm Largo or like breech faces.

Add these videos on a SIG TCM conversion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr7KukFcbd0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdT5BD1Q4RU
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 8:14:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If it is indeed a single propellant and not a duplex or triplex load then the mystery powder would bring easy millions in license fees to ammunition manufacturers.

That's nice.

For those may not want factory TCM brass it is cheap and easy to form from any one of the .223 family of cartridges, .223 basic, .17 Remington, .204 Ruger, .221 Fireball, .222 Rem, .222 Rem Mag. .223 Remington, 5.56 NATO, .300 BLK etc.

Or just collect some once fired .223/5.56 cartridge family of empties made by Aguilla, Armscor, Federal, Fiochi, Hornady, Lapua, Norma, PMC, Remington, RWS, S&B, Starline, Winchester,Wolf, Milsurp and so on and so on.

No doubt Freud would have some interesting things to say on this.

Internal ballistics and physics is more plausible than tin foil hat wearing wishful thinking. At no more than 38,000 psi the 22TCM gets 2,000 fps with a 40 grain bullet out of a 5 inch pistol barrel and 2,800 fps out of a 22 inch rifle barrel. The 5.7 has 9% less case capacity and has to operate at 50,000 to 63,817 psi psi to get the velocities is does get with the bullets that factories load in it.  All things considered it takes pre order custom hand loaded ammunition at $1.80 per round for the 5.7 to almost catch up to the TCM at $0.35 per round.
http://drwzpk38qkpfb.cloudfront.net/www.57center.com/uploaded/images/Ballistics%20chart%20for%20website.jpg807x2000.jpg

Vendors offering it as such or advertising it doing as such probably shouldn't.

Congress being congress. And water is still wet.

The 23 grain lead free would be nice.

Obviously you did not check the Armscor website two loads.
Factory TCM ammo, bullets brass primers and powder are available retail. And there is the whole form your own brass thing so no need to be dependent on only two manufacturers.

Here's a partial list of handguns that can be converted to 22TCM or TCM9R
TCM: anything with a 7.62 Tokarev, 9mm, .38 Super, 9mm Largo or like breech faces capable of cycling a cartridge 1.265 inch OAL or longer.

TCM9R: anything 9x19mm Parabellum or like breech face capable of cycling a 1.169 inch OAL cartrige.
TCM9R conversion kit for Glocks
TCM9R pistol: MAPP
1911 conversion kit

Rifles that can be converted to 22TCM and TCM9R: anything with .223/5.56, 7.62 Tokarev, 9mm, .38 Super, 9mm Largo or like breech faces.

Add these videos on a SIG TCM conversion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr7KukFcbd0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdT5BD1Q4RU
View Quote
Any conversion kits for BT GHM9?
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 1:30:05 PM EDT
[#44]
OP, if you buy a 5.7x28mm you should be warned.  Whenever you see an discussion on the FN57, PS90, or any gun that uses the 5.7x28mm round you will have to endure the relentless barrage of posters who want to convince the world that it sucks, it does nothing better than a 22 Mag, and apparently now there is the 22 TCM that is going to push the 5.7 into obscurity.  It gets old after a while, but I sure have learned a lot about what the 5.7 is and isn't.  Personally, I like it and although niche, it is a round that I would feel comfortable using to defend my life with.  Both my PS90 and my FN57 are smooth and accurate shooters with minimal recoil which allows fast and accurate follow-up shots.  My only complaint about the PS90 is the trigger pull and the charging handles size.  There are aftermarket solutions to both of these that are easy to implement.  Ammo can be found right now for $.40 a round and has been sold by PSA for $.30 a round in the past so it is not as expensive as it once was.  Also, they guns actually hold their value, so if you decide you don't like it, you can sell it and not lose a bunch of money.  Good luck and report back if you make a purchase.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 1:56:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Jay Wolf has CLEARLY stated that he uses a Non-Cannister powder, and as to whether he can afford it. The man purchased a Two Million Dollar machine to manufacture 5.7X28 brass, there are now only TWO manufacturers of 5.7X28 brass in the world. FN and Elite Ammunition! On this subject, Jay REALLY doesn’t like to be called a “Liar”, which you have done!

It’s been hypothesized that FN deliberately has downloaded 5.7x28 ammunition that’s offered to “Joe Public”, they’ve been concerned that the cartridge might be outlawed due to its ability to penetrate body armor. And indeed there is a bill introduced every year in the U.S. House of Representatives to outlaw the FiveseveN pistol and several cartridges by name.

As to where can you “buy FN factory 5.7 bullets for reloading ?” If you’re referring to the projectile that’s used in SS197 (Blue Tip) you CAN’T purchase the Blue Tip round, but you CAN get the same exact projectile in a Red Tip or “Zombie Green Tip”. The Blue Tip is a Hornady projectile that’s identical to the other colors but the Blue Tip is only sold to Fiocchi (who actually manufactures SS197).

Don’t get me wrong, I hope the .22 TCM succeeds but I think it’s going to be the new .41AE. There is only ONE company offering ammunition and ONLY TWO LOADS! APPARENTLY THEY NOW ONLY OFFER ONE LOAD!!!

By contrast here is a PARTIAL list of ammunition manufacturers who offer 5.7X28 and most if not all have several loadings...

FN
Fiocchi
Elite Ammunition
R&R
Detroit Ammo
ELP
Vanguard
Desert Ammo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Addendum.
Jay Wolf has CLEARLY stated that he uses a Non-Cannister powder, and as to whether he can afford it. The man purchased a Two Million Dollar machine to manufacture 5.7X28 brass, there are now only TWO manufacturers of 5.7X28 brass in the world. FN and Elite Ammunition! On this subject, Jay REALLY doesn’t like to be called a “Liar”, which you have done!

It’s been hypothesized that FN deliberately has downloaded 5.7x28 ammunition that’s offered to “Joe Public”, they’ve been concerned that the cartridge might be outlawed due to its ability to penetrate body armor. And indeed there is a bill introduced every year in the U.S. House of Representatives to outlaw the FiveseveN pistol and several cartridges by name.

FN
Fiocchi
Elite Ammunition
R&R
Detroit Ammo
ELP
Vanguard
Desert Ammo
Does elite ammunition still sell their 5.7 rounds? If I remember correctly, I checked them out a few months ago and they out of stock then, and they're still out of stock now. Just wondering.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 2:02:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If you’re looking at a FiveSeven, you know you want a FiveSeven.

Disclaimer: I don’t have one
View Quote
This.

No PMR-30 or .22 TCM will fill the void.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 3:26:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 3:53:06 PM EDT
[#48]
I would be very excited if Flux came up with a version of their brace for the Five Seven. I don’t have much desire to have such a brace on a Glock, but on the FN it would transform the thing into a handly little PDW.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 4:45:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yes, but it’s ALWAYS preorder only.

Typically it’s a 60 day wait till it shows up.

It’s worth the wait
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does elite ammunition still sell their 5.7 rounds? If I remember correctly, I checked them out a few months ago and they out of stock then, and they're still out of stock now. Just wondering.
Yes, but it’s ALWAYS preorder only.

Typically it’s a 60 day wait till it shows up.

It’s worth the wait
Interesting. Guess I'm gonna have to put a FiveSeven on my list.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top