Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 6:07:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes to both, I built a Glock 17. I may build another soon, a 19 most likely.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 6:08:55 PM EDT
[#2]
No and no.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You may have just cost me money with that link
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go to https://80pbuilder.com/
You can custom build your kit, or just select one of their stock kits.
You may have just cost me money with that link
My commission is only 10% or a 6pack, whichever comes first.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Mine took a bit of tinkering but I do like it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you don't use a factory gun as your carry gun, you will regret it. Factory gun, factory ammo, don't give the courts anymore reason to nail you to the wall.
View Quote
This has to be a joke at this point. A good shoot is a good shoot.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve put two together so far. Zero problems with them.

Poly 80 ARs next
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#7]
If you've built one in the last 6 months:

- any pitfalls / mistakes to avoid, or tips that you can pass along?

For those who's guns weren't reliable at first, what did you do to fix the problem?
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 8:06:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I.like them better then actual glock frames.
View Quote
Yep. I'm trying to decide what to do for my third one.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 8:13:10 PM EDT
[#9]
what slide is that. I think I just found my third......
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 8:13:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok I’ve decided to fo.  Can anyone help with the holster question
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How aggressive is the texture?  I carry IWB 100% and against skin
1. Zim got off.

2. Had he not used CD ammo do you think it would have made a difference in his legal situation?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
How aggressive is the texture?  I carry IWB 100% and against skin
1. Zim got off.

2. Had he not used CD ammo do you think it would have made a difference in his legal situation?
Kind of aggressive. I would prefer something between the grip and my delicate baby soft skin.

Probably wouldn't have made a difference one way or the other but it did get brought up and prior to that I didn't think that sort of thing actually mattered.

Quoted:

And he was cleared of the charges.

Or are you advocating carrying fmj as well?
Not advocating for anything either way, just saying it was an issue the prosecution raised. He wasn't convicted but it was one more thing they tried to use to hang him. Probably depends on where you live. What no one bats an eyelash at in Wyoming might be a big problem in New York. May not be a big issue.. but it still could be an issue. Personally I don't care but I'm not going laugh at anyone for taking into consideration how a liberal prosecutor or jury might see things.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 8:20:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Kind of aggressive. I would prefer something between the grip and my delicate baby soft skin.

Probably wouldn't have made a difference one way or the other but it did get brought up and prior to that I didn't think that sort of thing actually mattered.

Not advocating for anything either way, just saying it was an issue the prosecution raised. He wasn't convicted but it was one more thing they tried to use to hang him. Probably depends on where you live. What no one bats an eyelash at in Wyoming might be a big problem in New York. May not be a big issue.. but it still could be an issue. Personally I don't care but I'm not going laugh at anyone for taking into consideration how a liberal prosecutor or jury might see things.
View Quote
You think if I took some 1200 grit to it to knock the edges off it would be more comfortable?
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So you're saying you have no faith in your craftsmanship but have faith that you will somehow perform better with a gun you literally know nothing about who made it?
View Quote
I don't know about him but for me? Yes, I would prefer to carry a handgun designed and manufactured by experts in the field and have lots of insurance. Why on earth would you think otherwise? Please explain.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Go to https://80pbuilder.com/
You can custom build your kit, or just select one of their stock kits.
View Quote
Well there goes more of my hard earned money
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 8:46:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm curious...where does this come from?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you don't use a factory gun as your carry gun, you will regret it. Factory gun, factory ammo, don't give the courts anymore reason to nail you to the wall.
I'm curious...where does this come from?
Cnn, cbs, foxnews, abc, comedy central, all the places where dumbasses get their facts.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ok I've decided to fo.  Can anyone help with the holster question
View Quote
Damn Yankee Kydex
Cascadia Concealment
Squared Away Customs
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't know about him but for me? Yes, I would prefer to carry a handgun designed and manufactured by experts in the field and have lots of insurance. Why on earth would you think otherwise? Please explain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So you're saying you have no faith in your craftsmanship but have faith that you will somehow perform better with a gun you literally know nothing about who made it?
Well the polymer 80 isn’t designed by amateurs......and plenty of reputable manufacturers with LOTS of experience have stubbed their toes with certain designs......I personally don’t take everything hook line and sinker just because XYZ Company made it.  That’s how you end up with sig p320 face.  I prefer to vet each individual product I’m interested in buying.  I don’t like buying lemons or crap products from any manufacturer so I don’t just take everything at face value.  Maybe you have a different system that works for you but mine works for me.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#18]
I just did my first build. It was stupid easy with a $20 Amazon dremel, end snips, my hand drill, and a file.

Runs like a top, ejection is goofy-but that’s like all my glocks.

The hardest part is enduring the goofy guys that make instructional YouTube videos.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Do,they sell a lower and a build kit together? Too many options
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Do,they sell a lower and a build kit together? Too many options
View Quote
80PBuilder is your best option, IMO, for an "everything you need in one order" kit.

https://80pbuilder.com
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 8:44:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Would buy another.  I had issues at first putting the rear rails in but overcame.  Once it was broke in with about a few hundred rounds it and my Swenson slide and barrel run 100% using Glock magazines and steel or brass cased ammo.

It worked 100% with my Glock 19 upper but not with the Swenson until the I got the rails smoothed out.  I would trust it with my life using Glock magazines and brass cased ammo.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#22]
taggage
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 8:59:44 AM EDT
[#23]
It took Polymer80 two weeks to send me a replacement locking block...they are hard to reach by phone and email.  I finally got my parts while I was on vacation, so I'll be swapping out the locking block today.

Overall, I really like them as the grip feels so much better than the OEM frames.  I carry my 19 built and I plan on having my wife carry her 26 or 19 builds, once I get some rounds through the frame.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:06:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Please cite a good shoot that went the wrong way in court over gun mods or ammo choice.
View Quote
"Well, there was this one instance somewhere up north. I don't know the guy it happened to, but I know a guy who knows a guy who's cousin it happened to and he wouldn't lie!

It had something to do with a righteous shoot...but then the jury saw he had something like "Surprise Cockfag!" engraved inside the dust cover so the judge threw the book at him."
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:29:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I've built three. I used a Lone Wolf frame kit on one of them. Never did get it to work correctly. The trigger housing seemed like softer material than an OEM Glock housing. The trigger would not reset. Tried several fixes, and finally replaced it with a Glock parts kit. No more issues. All three work great now.
View Quote
A guy at my club was having the exact same issue with his G26 build using Lone Wolf LPK. I suggested using Glock OEM LPK but haven't met him after that.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:56:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yes.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:58:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I.like them better then actual glock frames.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Why would anyone build so many guns of the same type?
View Quote
I’ve heard that people even own multiple AR’s. Just hearsay of course.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#29]
I would not trust mine yet.  Both had pin misalignment issues from the get go.  
Both required tweaking, sanding, grinding to correct the issues.  
I had to request new locking block and rear rail module due to pin hole misalignment.

Any height misalignment or canting from either the locking block or RRM can cause binding on the slide.  
My rear rail module on my second one required extesive grinding to get it to sit lower in the frame.
Many people have had this issue and P80's response seems to be to send out new locking blocks and rear rails which hasnt always fixed the issues.

Now I am starting to get a slight warping of the frame towards the front which has already been reported by others.

After extensive filing and sanding amd polishing they are now running reliably but the frame warping is not confidence inspiring.
Time will tell as I run more rounds through them.  Only a couple hundred each so far.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Can you cite a single instance where that has EVER been an issue?
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#31]
When will they make a 17 length grip on a 19 length slide... a Gen 3 Polymer 80 19X/45 essentially?

I can't see that being a patent infringement as it would be Gen 3. Can't see why it would be technically hard to do either.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 10:51:28 AM EDT
[#32]
For those wanting a less aggressive texture. Try there readeymod frame.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 10:59:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
For those wanting a less aggressive texture. Try there readeymod frame.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66031/E08D4E3A-9D09-4B5E-8A1D-14CFF59F5ACD_jpeg-887265.JPG
View Quote
It's discontinued.  Still available in a few places though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 11:14:27 AM EDT
[#34]
The Talon grip I got for my ReadyMod is still sitting in the envelope. Gotta get it installed.

Link Posted: 3/23/2019 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Built my first one on monday.  I might go out and shoot it today if I have time.  Feels awesome, quite a bit lighter than a 'real' G17, probably due to the milled slide.  I bought everything from Rock Slide USA, it's really simple you can just choose all your parts and what color lower you want from a single build page.  Their lowers are $149, which is going price but not the sale price I've seen at other places, however their upper parts kit price makes up the difference.  Only thing I didn't get from them is sights, I did an adjustable glock polymer rear and a meprolight tritium front.  Build went together pretty easily, I used a dremel on the rails and then a file/various grits of sandpaper to finish them off.  For the channel I was going to use the dremel but my sanding drum was too large so I used a rat tail file and did it all by hand.  After cycling it a little bit the gun is now very smooth, can't wait to see how it shoots!

Link Posted: 3/25/2019 9:52:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
what slide is that. I think I just found my third......
View Quote
Lone Wolf Distributors Chameleon PVD finish
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 9:58:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Please cite a good shoot that went the wrong way in court over gun mods or ammo choice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That’s not the point. If you’re forced into the situation, why give the cops/prosecutor anything at all to support an indictment and put you on trial? That said, the “Punisher” swag is a far worse idea than Polymer80 frames and self-loaded ammo.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 11:24:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Awesome and work flawlessly. The compact has been my carry the past few months after 1500 rounds through it.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/5438/XcUvvC.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/4128/sb8Y1j.jpg
View Quote
where did you get the magwells? they look 3d printed
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Yes, and they are oddly addictive to build.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Awesome and work flawlessly. The compact has been my carry the past few months after 1500 rounds through it.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/5438/XcUvvC.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/4128/sb8Y1j.jpg
Looks like a Cain Arms magwell. They're 3D printed.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 12:16:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Failure to Feed or failure to fire?
@ATX_Road_Warrior.
I just went thru a whole deal with failure to feed with a g19 kit.

I'll post it up if you want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Finished this one last week. FTF! Haven't been able to figure out why.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/271079/20190313_181836_jpg-886027.JPG
@ATX_Road_Warrior.

@us-kiwi
Failure to feed. Please post it!
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 7:57:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
@us-kiwi
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@ATX_Road_Warrior.

@us-kiwi
Standby.........
@TX_Road_Warrior

ETA
Failure to feed issues with P80 build.

Recently I purchased a P80 Glock 19 kit from 80Pbuilder.com. While preparing to assemble this kit, I installed the completed slide onto my genuine G19-gen3. It fit cleanly and I was quite impressed generally. However, upon racking the slide, it failed to chamber a round.

Turns out that the extractor would not open enough to allow the round to slide up the breech face. By swapping parts, I determined that the extractor assembly was jamming up.
Something was stopping the spring from compressing enough to allow the extractor to open up.

So, I shortened the plastic extractor spring bearing a little  this allowed the extractor to open enough to successfully chamber a round. Unfortunately, I had shortened the plastic bearing too much, and the extractor was capable of jamming open.
Thinking that I had the wrong plastic bearing, I contacted 80Pbuilder.com and they were kind enough to provide a new bearing. However, the new one was functioning just like the original  jamming the extractor.

Now, I was really confused, and was determined to find the cause. Careful measurements were made, comparing all the parts to the original G19 parts but failed to show the problem.
However, careful shortening of the new plastic bearing solved the issue. It appears that the plastic bearing length is very critical, as it controls the amount of travel of the extractor.

Single file strokes were making a measurable and visual difference. So if you are 'doing this fix' go slow and check the function frequently.
Once correct function of the extractor was obtained, round feeding was working well.

However, brass was being shaved by the sharp upper edge of the feet ramp, as rounds were entering the  chamber. Careful polishing removed this sharp edge and rounds were now feeding smoothly.

The frame was then assembled, without issues, and now over 200 rounds have been fed and fired without error.

I still have not determined the EXACT faulty part, but genuine G19 extractor parts work.
I will update this thread/ post if I ever find the answer.

This post/thread is not intended to find fault with 80Pbuilder.com in any way  they responded promptly with the replacement part I requested, at their own expense.

TL / DR  FTF was fixed by unjamming the extractor, brass shaving fixed by polishing top of feed ramp.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 11:03:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
That’s not the point. If you’re forced into the situation, why give the cops/prosecutor anything at all to support an indictment and put you on trial? That said, the “Punisher” swag is a far worse idea than Polymer80 frames and self-loaded ammo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The shooting is what’s going to put you on a trial.  Not punisher swag.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 11:12:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Harold Fish
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 12:01:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Harold Fish
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Harold Fish
How so? I hadn't heard of the case, but this was the first search result: https://www.law.umich.edu/special/exoneration/Pages/casedetail.aspx?caseid=4266

No mention of gun mods or ammo or anything like that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 12:54:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Standby.........
@TX_Road_Warrior

ETA

Recently I purchased a P80 Glock 19 kit from 80Pbuilder.com. While preparing to assemble this kit, I installed the completed slide onto my genuine G19-gen3. It fit cleanly and I was quite impressed generally. However, upon racking the slide, it failed to chamber a round.

Turns out that the extractor would not open enough to allow the round to slide up the breech face. By swapping parts, I determined that the extractor assembly was jamming up.
Something was stopping the spring from compressing enough to allow the extractor to open up.

So, I shortened the plastic extractor spring bearing a little  this allowed the extractor to open enough to successfully chamber a round. Unfortunately, I had shortened the plastic bearing too much, and the extractor was capable of jamming open.
Thinking that I had the wrong plastic bearing, I contacted 80Pbuilder.com and they were kind enough to provide a new bearing. However, the new one was functioning just like the original  jamming the extractor.

Now, I was really confused, and was determined to find the cause. Careful measurements were made, comparing all the parts to the original G19 parts but failed to show the problem.
However, careful shortening of the new plastic bearing solved the issue. It appears that the plastic bearing length is very critical, as it controls the amount of travel of the extractor.

Single file strokes were making a measurable and visual difference. So if you are 'doing this fix' go slow and check the function frequently.
Once correct function of the extractor was obtained, round feeding was working well.

However, brass was being shaved by the sharp upper edge of the feet ramp, as rounds were entering the  chamber. Careful polishing removed this sharp edge and rounds were now feeding smoothly.

The frame was then assembled, without issues, and now over 200 rounds have been fed and fired without error.

I still have not determined the EXACT faulty part, but genuine G19 extractor parts work.

This post/thread is not intended to find fault with 80Pbuilder.com in any way  they responded promptly with the replacement part I requested, at their own expense.

TL / DR  FTF was fixed by unjamming the extractor, brass shaving fixed by polishing top of feed ramp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@ATX_Road_Warrior.

@us-kiwi
Standby.........
@TX_Road_Warrior

ETA

@us-kiwi

Thanks for sharing. I'll look into that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 12:55:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
There is an issue with Glock still having a patent on Gen 4 and up.

If you're dead set on using a Gen 4 slide without heavily modding the frame, your only option is using a Gen 4 G19/G23 slide on the subcompact P80 frame. It'll leave a gap at the front that exposes the recoil spring, but Lone Wolf makes an adapter to cover it.

Here's my "G26L" that I put together, and then tore down and parted out:

https://i.imgur.com/C2SEOkt.jpg

There wasn't anything wrong with it. Just decided I didn't really need it and wanted some extra $ to put toward other projects.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I do hope they expand their offerings to allow the use of Gen4 slides and their RSA
There is an issue with Glock still having a patent on Gen 4 and up.

If you're dead set on using a Gen 4 slide without heavily modding the frame, your only option is using a Gen 4 G19/G23 slide on the subcompact P80 frame. It'll leave a gap at the front that exposes the recoil spring, but Lone Wolf makes an adapter to cover it.

Here's my "G26L" that I put together, and then tore down and parted out:

https://i.imgur.com/C2SEOkt.jpg

There wasn't anything wrong with it. Just decided I didn't really need it and wanted some extra $ to put toward other projects.
I had no idea it was a patent issue. Oh well,  maybe someday in the future. I have to say that 26L is pretty slick though. I'm in the process of building up a P80 hybrid...the 19 sized frame with the longer dust cover to take the 17 slide. I may just have to do a "little brother" hybrid as well.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top