Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:08:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What are some political beliefs you share with the Democratic party?
View Quote
Low taxes on the “middle class.”  Of course they go full retardant and try to tax the hell out of success
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:09:09 PM EDT
[#2]
No soul no convictions, they go where the wind blows them.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:09:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Low taxes on the “middle class.”  Of course they go full retardant and try to tax the hell out of success
View Quote
200k a year household income is middle class in some areas. Inflation makes defining a class of people by income impossible.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Pro-choice.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Who does not currently have access to healthcare or education if they are able to pay for it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^

Also.

I believe that everyone should have access to healthcare and education regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. (where I differ, is that if you want it... you gotta pay for it ).
Who does not currently have access to healthcare or education if they are able to pay for it?
Well. Nobody that I know of.

But that's always a talking point of theirs: "X race should have access to education!"

Well. I agree.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Straight, white, cisgendered males applying to medical school
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Legalize weed. I have never even tried it but I simply don't care.

I also don't think the government should be involved in anyone's marriage regardless of your sexual orientation.

Other than that they are swinging way too far to left for me to have much common ground anymore. I believe I am more environmentally minded than most on this forum but the Dems cant see reason, so nope on that. I used to be more pro-choice than I am now but they have made me choose all or nothing so I choose nothing.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Weed should be legal. Homos should be able to get married. Abortion should be legal. Global warming is real and a big deal.
View Quote
Global warming appears to be real.

How much is the result of human causation is up for debate.

The democrats proposed solutions are laughably transparent attempts to further sink this country into command economy with dubious environmental benefits..
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:12:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Our government is too damn incompetent to handle the death penalty responsibly.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#10]
None. They're essentially the New Peoples Democratic Party, which means they're a bunch of communists. Communists are our enemy. We fought a Cold War with them and they lost. But, now they have infiltrated all levels of our society and government and we're starting to lose ground.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:13:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Have you seen what that drags in?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

It's lame to think there are people who claim to love individual freedom that are against this. Legal weed should be the part of the Republican party.
I'm all for freedom to make bad choices for yourself.  Problem is, the government will just take more money from the productive members of society to prop up the people who make bad decisions.  You can't just spout freedom without ending the social programs.  Y'all can talk to me when you find a party who is willing to do both.  I'll be on board.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nothing to do with it. CA had the gun problems long before weed.
View Quote
Come on, man. CA is the problem. Where do you think they come from?

"Hey, weed is legal in Idaho and it's cheaper to live there than Oregon or Colorado..."

Legalizing weed attracts outside weed smokers who care about weed and nothing else. They don't give a shit about the 2nd Amendment, or about a good business environment, or any of that other shit.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Low taxes on the "middle class."  Of course they go full retardant and try to tax the hell out of success
View Quote
Show me where in American History has the Democrat party EVER lowered taxes.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I also don't think the government should be involved in anyone's marriage regardless of your sexual orientation.

Other than that they are swinging way too far to left for me to have much common ground anymore. I believe I am more environmentally minded than most on this forum but the Dems cant see reason, so nope on that. I used to be more pro-choice than I am now but they have made me choose all or nothing so I choose nothing.
View Quote
Those are both actually Libertarian party planks.  Not Democrat.

Most Democrats favor drug laws.

And pretty much ALL Democrats favor government marriage licensing.  They just want the government to license their particular pet forms of it.

Libertarians would like to see government get out of the business altogether.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Can you give a comprehensive list of said Democratic Party beliefs for my review?...
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Neither of those things is part of the Democrat party platform. The Marijuana tax act, the first true prohibatory drug law in this country, was done during the most Democrat of Democrat administrations in 1937.  Signed and pushed by Saint FDR
View Quote
Certainly, but at the behest of his buddy William Randolph Hearst. Also, the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 was aimed more at the hemp industry than the cannabis industry. It also didn't outlaw possession or distribution, but instead taxed and regulated those activities. It was also overturned by the USSC for being unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Zero
None
Nada
Zip
Null Set
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:16:04 PM EDT
[#19]
It’s not hard to say none of them.

Pedo
Homo
Baby killing
Anti military
Anti cop
Reparations
Affirmative action
Open borders
Gun control
Mooslim loving
Flag hating
American hating
White people hating
Anti American oil and coal
Environmental Waccos
Pervert loving
God hating
Commie loving
The list goes on and on.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:16:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

"Hey, weed is legal in Idaho and it's cheaper to live there than Oregon or Colorado..."

Legalizing weed attracts outside weed smokers who care about weed and nothing else. They don't give a shit about the 2nd Amendment, or about a good business environment, or any of that other shit.
View Quote
About 99% of the people I know in Idaho are conservative gun loving MAGA people and I know a lot of people. About 90% of those conservatives smoke weed.

I get what your fear is but I do not believe it's warranted.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:17:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Global warming appears to be real.

How much is the result of human causation is up for debate.

The democrats proposed solutions are laughably transparent attempts to further sink this country into command economy with dubious environmental benefits..
View Quote
This is the part that everyone ignores when talking about conservatives rejecting the left's version of global warming.

The earth's temperature is variable, no doubt. We have less than 200 years worth of climate data on a planet that's billions of years old. Our side just doesn't tend to agree that dropping trillions of dollars is going to change it in the slightest.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And pretty much ALL Democrats favor government marriage licensing.  They just want the government to license their particular pet forms of it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well you are probably right to be honest. I used to call myself libertarian but then they lost their minds too so now I prefer Constitutionalist.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Weed should be legal. Homos should be able to get married. Abortion should be legal. Global warming is real and a big deal.
View Quote
While I may, for the sake of argument, concede the overall point, I would challenge you to provide evidence showing that this global warming is man-made. If it's not man-made, then it can't be man-solved.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sure, as long as the stoners don't get any free money, which isn't what happens.

Nope.  Words have meaning, and historically marriage is between a man and woman.  Give them civil unions with the same benefits as a marriage.  But, they don't really want that.  They want the word.

No it shouldn't.  Killing a baby is infringing on the baby's right to life.  The most sacred right.  How can that possibly be about freedom.

No it isn't, and no it isn't.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

It's lame to think there are people who claim to love individual freedom that are against this. Legal weed should be the part of the Republican party.
Freedom is scary yo.

It doesn't "drag in" anything.  In fact, most of the problems associated with drugs are caused directly by the prohibition policies that you drug warriors vehemently support.  You guys have artificially created a 100 billion dollar a year black market and then have the balls to bitch and moan about all of the inevitable consequences that come from a 100 billion dollar black market.

But it's more than amusing to watch you guys constantly try to defend your illogical position with the same leftist logic and hyperbole as the gun banners.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Don't care about the gay thing.  Just show some decency, class and respect.  I don't exhibit my hetero-ness in public places with my wife and I expect others to do the same.  The tranny/gay pride freak shows I find disgusting though.  Be gay bi or whatever, it's your right but just show some decency IMO.

Weed, mushrooms and the like is fine with me but I would never be for legalizing meth or cocaine or any other highly addictive drugs.

As an avid sailor I am very much concerned about the environment (especially plastic and crap in our oceans) but I don't necessarily consider that to be a liberal thing.  They would like others to believe they have the market cornered on environmentalism.  I don't think that's true.  Most hunters and fisherman I know are conservationists.  Most liberals I know talk a lot about it but aside from virtue signaling on FB do very little.  That said many of the liberal environmental policies are over the top.

I'm all for vaccines and most public health initiatives (as long as they stay out of 2A) but I'm not sure anymore what side of the aisle that puts me on.

Edit:  I'm fine with very limited welfare/entitlements or whatever.  Hell, as a broke single dad I was on food stamps for about 6 months when I lost my job and had to take a much lower paying one.  I was ashamed to take it but glad it was there.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I want to legalize drugs and get rid of DUI statutes.
I also believe that those things cannot be done in a vacuum and would require actual criminal enforcement of existing law as well as actually making criminals serve their time instead of merely having adult day cares where criminals learn to be better criminals and only serve a fraction of their sentence. Bring back slavery as a restitution option.
View Quote
Why in the blue fuck would you want to do away with DUI statutes?

I have spent a 27 year career dealing with the death and destruction drunks deal out behind the wheel.

The fuck be on them may the rot in jail.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Not a single one
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Freedom is scary yo.

It doesn't "drag in" anything.  In fact, most of the problems associated with drugs are caused directly by the prohibition policies that you drug warriors vehemently support.  You guys have artificially created a 100 billion dollar a year black market and then have the balls to bitch and moan about all of the inevitable consequences that come from a 100 billion dollar black market.

But it's more than amusing to watch you guys constantly try to defend your illogical position with the same leftist logic and hyperbole as the gun banners.
View Quote
Oh, I think we have a misunderstanding here. The conversation with KingRollo was carried over from an Idaho HTF thread.

If you guys want to legalize weed across the nation, that's fine. The people I am wary of would have no incentive to move here and subsequently destroy my way of life.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#30]
First post falls flat on its face.

Legalizing weed is not a democratic party plank.

RAISE INCOMES AND RESTORE ECONOMIC SECURITY FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS
Raising Workers’ Wages
Protecting Workers’ Fundamental Rights
Supporting Working Families
Helping More Workers Share in Near-Record Corporate Profits
Expanding Access to Affordable Housing and Homeownership
Protecting and Expanding Social Security
Ensuring a Secure and Dignified Retirement
Revitalizing Our Nation’s Postal Service

CREATE GOOD-PAYING JOBS
Building 21st Century Infrastructure
Fostering a Manufacturing Renaissance
Creating Good-Paying Clean Energy Jobs
Pursuing Our Innovation Agenda: Science, Research, Education, and Technology
Supporting America’s Small Businesses
Creating Jobs for America’s Young People

FIGHT FOR ECONOMIC FAIRNESS AND AGAINST INEQUALITY
Reining in Wall Street and Fixing our Financial System
Promoting Competition by Stopping Corporate Concentration
Making the Wealthy Pay Their Fair Share of Taxes
Promoting Trade That is Fair and Benefits American Workers

BRING AMERICANS TOGETHER AND REMOVE BARRIERS TO OPPORTUNITIES
Ending Systemic Racism
Closing the Racial Wealth Gap
Reforming our Criminal Justice System
Fixing our Broken Immigration System
Guaranteeing Civil Rights
Guaranteeing Women’s Rights
Guaranteeing Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Rights
Guaranteeing Rights for People with Disabilities
Respecting Faith and Service
Investing in Rural America
Ending Poverty and Investing in Communities Left Behind
Building Strong Cities and Metro Areas
Promoting Arts and Culture
Honoring Indigenous Tribal Nations
Fighting for the People of Puerto Rico
Honoring the People of the Territories

PROTECT VOTING RIGHTS, FIX OUR CAMPAIGN FINANCE SYSTEM, AND RESTORE OUR DEMOCRACY
Protecting Voting Rights
Fixing Our Broken Campaign Finance System
Appointing Judges
Securing Statehood for Washington, DC
Strengthening Management of Federal Government

COMBAT CLIMATE CHANGE, BUILD A CLEAN ENERGY ECONOMY, AND SECURE ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE
Building a Clean Energy Economy
Securing Environmental and Climate Justice
Protecting Our Public Lands and Waters

PROVIDE QUALITY AND AFFORDABLE EDUCATION
Making Debt-Free College a Reality
Providing Relief from Crushing Student Debt
Supporting Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority-Serving Institutions
Cracking Down on Predatory For-Profit Schools
Guaranteeing Universal Preschool and Good Schools for Every Child

ENSURE THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF ALL AMERICANS
Securing Universal Health Care
Supporting Community Health Centers
Reducing Prescription Drug Costs
Enabling Cutting-Edge Medical Research
Combating Drug and Alcohol Addiction
Treating Mental Health
Supporting Those Living with Autism and their Families
Securing Reproductive Health, Rights, and Justice
Ensuring Long-Term Care, Services, and Supports
Protecting and Promoting Public Health
Ending Violence Against Women
Preventing Gun Violence

PRINCIPLED LEADERSHIP
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS AND KEEP FAITH WITH OUR VETERANS
Defense Spending
Veterans and Service Members
Military Families
A Strong Military

CONFRONT GLOBAL THREATS
Terrorism
Syria
Afghanistan
Iran
North Korea
Russia
Cybersecurity and Online Privacy
Non-Proliferation of Nuclear, Chemical, and Biological Weapons
Global Climate Leadership

PROTECT OUR VALUES
Women and Girls
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender People
Trafficking and Modern Slavery
Young People
Religious Minorities
Refugees
Civil Society
Anti-Corruption
Torture
Closing Guantánamo Bay
Development Assistance
Global Health
HIV and AIDS
International Labor

A LEADER IN THE WORLD
Asia-Pacific
Middle East
Europe
Americas
Africa
Global Economy and Institutions
View Quote
Regardless of their stated feel good platform the reality is their goal is a different, weaker America.  None of that is anything I want.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing to do with it. CA had the gun problems long before weed.

If it was legal nationwide, they would have no incentive to move.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Oh, I think we have a misunderstanding here. The conversation with KingRollo was carried over from an Idaho HTF thread.

If you guys want to legalize weed across the nation, that's fine. The people I am wary of would have no incentive to move here and subsequently destroy my way of life.
View Quote
Now imagine the Republican party rooting for legalized weed. Imagine how many would jump on board with the party.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Gay marriage - I don't care! What I do care about is they want special treatment. If I roller skated nude with my dick flopping around in public, I would be arrested. The gays can do that shit in their parades because they are a protected class. Act like every other normal human being! The trans thing is a whole different issue.

Abortion - as long as it's very early in the term. Late term abortions are not ok.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Weed, hookers, blow and malt liquor.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#35]
I think we should federally legalize weed, we should make it so a bottle of insulin doesn't cost $375 for 7 days, I don't care if the homos want to get married.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#36]
gay marriage

weed

and some form of health care reform. - I think insurance companies and tort claims are cancer and have basically fucked the entire system. I don't know a solution but I know it's fucked.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:32:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Now imagine the Republican party rooting for legalized weed. Imagine how many would jump on board with the party.
View Quote
Isn't that basically the Libertarian party? I guess except for how some of them tend to be open borders, though.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom is scary yo.

Fair enough.

I definitely agree with that....furthermore, the GOP are absolute fools for letting these states continue to use these state ballot initiatives to drive voter turnout.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:36:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'd never use the shit and I think you're a fucking dumbass if you ever would, but I favor legalization of drugs BUT with a few caveats:  You're not eligible for medical/rescue services on tax dollars as a result of drug usage or any accident that results from drug usage,  and you are fully liable for ALL damages, direct, consequential, or incidental to your drug use.

I'm not completely anti-abortion, either.  I think it's the lousiest method of birth control going but I don't believe in a "prohibition" scenario, which never achieves its goal, that ostensibly being the eradication of the behavior or action that is central to the issue.  That just never works.

In fact, when it comes to democrats, I'm fully in favor of retroactive abortion up to about the 300th trimester.

I believe that ultimately your freedom should be confirmed to be absolute with regard to your own body.   It is sovereign territory.  Do what you wish to it and with it.  You have total ownership of everything from your own skin inward.  And absolute authority over what is done to you except that you may possibly earn the death penalty for the most grievous of crimes.
View Quote
^ What he said.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Isn't that basically the Libertarian party? I guess except for how some of them tend to be open borders, though.
View Quote
Since there are only 2 parties that matter and voting for another is basically like not voting at all, I side with Republicans when I vote. If Republicans took on legalizing weed they would grow a fair bit. There are plenty of single issue voters who only vote for whatever party that is in favor of that single interest.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Deregulation of abortions.

Caveat of voluntary, subsidized, permanent sterilization to anyone, regardless of circumstances.

I suppose $20,000 cash would tempt the appropriate parties.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Keep welfare programs in place.

Caveat;  all participants are demoted from "Citizen Human" to chattel and any crime against them is actually simple property crime against the government with appropriate, reduced penalty.

ie you can't "murder" one of them.  You merely destroyed government property and should face same sanctions for burning a police car.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Water might be wet.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I believe we could do a much better job about caring for our planet. Not to the point of trying to force people, however.
View Quote
What do you think we're doing poorly right now?
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#45]
My political compass is about 180 degrees off from that of that of the Democratic Party.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:45:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Weed , Trump should decriminalize it and just get it off the table , not that it is a big deal or anything right now.

Taking care of our people that can't care for themselves. I'm not talking about the losers that don't want work or choose drugs and life of panhandling over being productive , but the people that are truly mentally ill.

I do share some other ideas that are not exactly on point with their stances , but sorta kind of like what they think.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Why in the blue fuck would you want to do away with DUI statutes?

I have spent a 27 year career dealing with the death and destruction drunks deal out behind the wheel.

The fuck be on them may the rot in jail.
View Quote
DUI has become an industry with no actual punishment. I don't know of a state that would not cover DUI under their reckless driving statutes. You can arrest for reckless driving, and the maximum jailtime and fines can be increased to make it suck. Plus it would also cover all of the other lethal shit morons do like drive while texting, drive while high, and just being a hazard on the road in general. Alcohol should not be treated any different from any other form of reckless endangerment on a public road. DUI statutes are outdated and do not address most of the reckless endangerment on the road.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What do you think we're doing poorly right now?
View Quote
KingRollo asked this, too...

I've seen and heard my fair share of people on the right who say, "Fuck it, I just throw everything in the trash!"

Never seen or heard that from anyone on the left...
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Not a damn thing, in fact I can't think of a thing they have done or legislation they have passed in the last 100 years that was not a detriment to the country and or the people on one form or another.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Weed , Trump should decriminalize it and just get it off the table , not that it is a big deal or anything right now.

Taking care of our people that can't care for themselves. I'm not talking about the losers that don't want work or choose drugs and life of panhandling over being productive , but the people that are truly mentally ill.

I do share some other ideas that are not exactly on point with their stances , but sorta kind of like what they think.
View Quote
Could you imagine is Trump decriminalized weed? The left's heads would explode
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top