Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 9:55:28 AM EDT
[#1]
How are you supposed to quantify something that didn't happen ( someone dying )?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 10:00:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Well.......

It sure has made the sciatica I'm dealing with the last week a lot of fun.

But hey.......rub some dirt on it....its for the children.

Meanwhile I continue to be miserable....take my ibuprofen and steroid pack and limp the f#ck around, cant sleep, cant sit or lay down.

Its great!!

Thanks drug addicts.....and thank you .gov for saving me from me!!!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Heroin, morphine and cocaine were OTC pre-WWI.

I doubt that will ever happen again.

The jury is still out on weed, but everything is settled with heroin, morphine and cocaine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we did what you suggest and followed our normal pattern for "solving problems," opioids would be totally banned and no one could get them.

That's what we do. We punish the responsible users on account of the stupid things the 3%-5% do over and over again.

Gun control is a perfect example.
I don't want anything banned. I want let darwin do his thing.
Like pre-WWI?

Never going to happen. That ship has sailed.
Never say never.  Marijuana is still Schedule I, but it's legal in a number of states.
Heroin, morphine and cocaine were OTC pre-WWI.

I doubt that will ever happen again.

The jury is still out on weed, but everything is settled with heroin, morphine and cocaine.
I'm pretty sure my parents gave me paregoric (a 4% opium tincture) once or twice as a kid back in the 60s.  It was OTC in the US until 1970.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paregoric
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Few that were worth the effort.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The record here is four different times on the same patient in one day

ETA: Seriously

[color=#ff0000]The real crime about this "epidemic" is that people with lifelong debilitating pain are being denied the me
dicine they need because of junkies who use that shit for fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A better question is how much money has been wasted on narcan?

Isn't that shit like $1500/dose? Plus costs of LE/EMS response, chance of respondents getting injured... to do it again next week...

Pretty sure a John Doe cremation costs the tax payer $500.

Let them die.
The record here is four different times on the same patient in one day

ETA: Seriously

[color=#ff0000]The real crime about this "epidemic" is that people with lifelong debilitating pain are being denied the me
dicine they need because of junkies who use that shit for fun.
[/color]

I was "disinvited" from the Madigan Army Medical Center ER (Dr. Stull) for presenting with palpable back spasms. That was easier than doing actual Dr. stuff and finding out I had cancer that was starting to metastasize. Took a Nurse practitioner to find it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I would be interested in seeing an honest study instead of lumping it all together. I think what I’m talking about is the separation of pharmaceutical prescribed opioids and illicit street drugs. From what I understand the CDC lumps it all together.

I believe it’s caused major loss of life to legitimate users through the form of suicide and turning to those street drugs when people are cut off by doctors because of the tightened laws, and have no other choice but turning to the illicit drugs trying to get some relief.

I’ve read so many responses here that people are pussies, weak, etc, etc. There’s a whole class of folks that seem to be thrown by the wayside doing hard work in this country and abused they’re bodies. It really doesn’t catch up to you until your later years and by then it’s already to late. You wake up one day and it hits you like a ton of bricks.

Unless you’ve walked in the shoes of these folks you really have no idea. I’ve seen folks, men and women cry leaving pain clinics and doctors offices because they’ve been cut off or had they’re doses reduced to aspirin.

I’ve literally had senior citizens, middle aged people, veterans etc ask and some even begging if I can or know where to get pain relief. I was a cab driver so that’s where my experience seeing this comes from.

I was also a roofer for 30+ years so I can walk in those shoes I mentioned earlier. I don’t know what the answer is but I see more lives lost than saved the way things are now.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 10:59:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'd like to see numbers related to deaths from legalized MJ. (traffic, psychotic breakdown, accidents, neglect, etc)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m more curious about the number of deaths attributed to the war on opioids.
I'd like to see numbers related to deaths from legalized MJ. (traffic, psychotic breakdown, accidents, neglect, etc)
I got one.

How many has sugar killed?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:03:17 AM EDT
[#8]
No idea, all I know is they quit prescribing vicodin to my Mom and she went into a-fib, they didn't wean her down they just stopped. Because junkies overdosing on everything other than vicodin.

She also had an event, we're thinking a seizure after they quit giving it to her, Dad had one a month or 2 after he quit drinking, Doctor said it was because of his sudden drop in alcohol intake that caused the seizure.

No one was around Mom when she had an episode so we can't say for sure, fuck this bullshit war on some drugs. Not only is my Mom suffering the pain, she's also having withdrawal symptoms as well. Thanks, assholes.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:03:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How much freedom was lost?
View Quote
Way more than most will admit.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:25:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Define saved...

I push enough narcan to know I have "Saved" 100+ people, of all geographical and political idiations...

By saved I mean they walked out of the Hospital/ER... Now, many of those ended up being repeat costumers and after the 3rd or 4th time, there wasn't enough Narcan in the district to save them. So...  Saved is a relative term.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:27:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Obama was and still is incompetent so you can't count those years.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A better question is how much money has been wasted on narcan?

Isn't that shit like $1500/dose? Plus costs of LE/EMS response, chance of respondents getting injured... to do it again next week...

Pretty sure a John Doe cremation costs the tax payer $500.

Let them die.
View Quote
$1500?

Is the DoD buying them now?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Broke 3 ribs last week, they split allowing my spleen an intestine to herniate...for pain, I'm allowed Tylenol..so I'm at home couch ridden in pain.. doctors, the government an pill poppers may they all burn in hell.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 11:50:10 AM EDT
[#14]
I've seen more people die from OD's in the last two years than I have in damn near the decade prior.  The addicts are just going to H.  H is now super cheap, but is unfortunately laced with a lot of Fentanyl, which is very strong.

In fact, just served a search warrant 2 months ago.  Found a rather large chunk of a black, tar-like substance that we were all certain was going to be H (from the appearance alone).  H has a smell tantamount to vinegar. This nugget smelled just like maple syrup. 2 NIK tests came back negative on H.  Sent the substance to the lab.  Came back 7.22 grams of Fentanyl and maple syrup.  The dopers were cooking the syrup down until it formed a solid, they would then add the Fentanyl, but they would sell it as H.  The dopers would shoot the amount of dope that they thought was H, but was actually Fentanyl.  Guess what happens next?

As usual, the government is saving anyone.  The people that were abusing pills are now on H.  A lot of the H has Fentanyl in it.  At least the pills were measured by professionals.  You guys should've seen the gal that was manufacturing this improvised H.  You might be surprised to know that she didn't look at all like many a Pharmacist or Research Scientist do.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 12:16:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I would be interested in seeing an honest study instead of lumping it all together. I think what I’m talking about is the separation of pharmaceutical prescribed opioids and illicit street drugs. From what I understand the CDC lumps it all together.

I believe it’s caused major loss of life to legitimate users through the form of suicide and turning to those street drugs when people are cut off by doctors because of the tightened laws, and have no other choice but turning to the illicit drugs trying to get some relief.

I’ve read so many responses here that people are pussies, weak, etc, etc. There’s a whole class of folks that seem to be thrown by the wayside doing hard work in this country and abused they’re bodies. It really doesn’t catch up to you until your later years and by then it’s already to late. You wake up one day and it hits you like a ton of bricks.

Unless you’ve walked in the shoes of these folks you really have no idea. I’ve seen folks, men and women cry leaving pain clinics and doctors offices because they’ve been cut off or had they’re doses reduced to aspirin.

I’ve literally had senior citizens, middle aged people, veterans etc ask and some even begging if I can or know where to get pain relief. I was a cab driver so that’s where my experience seeing this comes from.

I was also a roofer for 30+ years so I can walk in those shoes I mentioned earlier. I don’t know what the answer is but I see more lives lost than saved the way things are now.
View Quote
Agreed. In addition to the suicides from being cutoff and the ods from people being cutoff and resorting to street drugs, there is the factor of quality of life for those who choose to keep on going. I imagine quite a few are essentially bed bound by the pain and pain becomes the only thing on their mind. A terrible way to live when there's a solution that exists and had been working, but politicians decided you don't need that anymore.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 12:20:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I got one.

How many has sugar killed?
View Quote
Or alcohol.

Or medical malpractice.

There needs to be a bad guy to keep the focus elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 2:11:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Broke 3 ribs last week, they split allowing my spleen an intestine to herniate...for pain, I'm allowed Tylenol..so I'm at home couch ridden in pain.. doctors, the government an pill poppers may they all burn in hell.
View Quote
Shit!, man.  This pisses me off.  Try some Kratom, can't be any worse off.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top