Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 21
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is the CEO statement;

Dear Associates,

A month ago, in El Paso, Texas, a gunman with an assault-style rifle launched a hate-filled attack in our store, shooting 48 people resulting in the loss of 22 innocent lives. Just a few days prior, two of our associates were killed by another associate in our store in Southaven, Mississippi. And hours after the shooting in El Paso, our country experienced another mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio. This weekend brought tragedy to Midland and Odessa, Texas.

In Southaven and El Paso, our associates responded to anger and hate with courage and self-sacrifice. Our immediate priorities were supporting our associates and the impacted families and cooperating with law enforcement. In parallel, we have been focused on store safety and security. We’ve also been listening to a lot of people inside and outside our company as we think about the role we can play in helping to make the country safer. It’s clear to us that the status quo is unacceptable.

After visiting El Paso on Aug. 6, I mentioned that we would be thoughtful and deliberate in our responses. We’re ready to share our next steps.

We’ve been giving a lot of thought to our sale of firearms and ammunition. We’ve previously made decisions to stop selling handguns or military-style rifles such as the AR-15, to raise the age limit to purchase a firearm or ammunition to 21, to require a “green light” on a background check while federal law only requires the absence of a “red light,” to videotape the point of sale for firearms and to only allow certain trained associates to sell firearms.

Today, we’re sharing the decisions we’ve made that go further:

We know these decisions will inconvenience some of our customers, and we hope they will understand. As a company, we experienced two horrific events in one week, and we will never be the same. Our remaining assortment will be even more focused on the needs of hunting and sport shooting enthusiasts. It will include long barrel deer rifles and shotguns, much of the ammunition they require, as well as hunting and sporting accessories and apparel. We believe these actions will reduce our market share of ammunition from around 20% to a range of approximately 6 to 9%. We believe it will likely drift toward the lower end of that range, over time, given the combination of these changes.

As it relates to safety in our stores, there have been multiple incidents since El Paso where individuals attempting to make a statement and test our response have entered our stores carrying weapons in a way that frightened or concerned our associates and customers. We have also had well-intentioned customers acting lawfully that have inadvertently caused a store to be evacuated and local law enforcement to be called to respond. These incidents are concerning and we would like to avoid them, so we are respectfully requesting that customers no longer openly carry firearms into our stores or Sam’s Clubs in states where “open carry” is permitted – unless they are authorized law enforcement officers.

We believe the opportunity for someone to misinterpret a situation, even in open carry states, could lead to tragic results. We hope that everyone will understand the circumstances that led to this new policy and will respect the concerns of their fellow shoppers and our associates. As it relates to concealed carry by customers with permits, there is no change to our policy or approach. This morning, we briefed your leadership team on how to communicate this change in policy to customers when needed, and they will be sharing that with you very soon. We will treat law-abiding customers with respect, and we will have a very non-confrontational approach. Our priority is your safety. We will be providing new signage to help communicate this policy in the coming weeks.

As an additional step, we commit we will work alongside other retailers to make the overall industry safer, including sharing our best practices. For example, we are exploring ways to share the technical specifications and compliance controls for our proprietary firearms sales technology platform. This system navigates the tens of millions of possible combinations of federal, state and local laws, regulations and licensing requirements that come into effect based on where the firearm is being sold and who is purchasing it. We hope that providing this information, free of charge, will help more retailers sell firearms in a responsible, compliant manner.

Finally, we encourage our nation’s leaders to move forward and strengthen background checks and to remove weapons from those who have been determined to pose an imminent danger. We do not sell military-style rifles, and we believe the reauthorization of the Assault Weapons ban should be debated to determine its effectiveness. We must also do more, as a country, to understand the root causes that lead to this type of violent behavior. Today, I’m sending letters to the White House and the Congressional leadership that call for action on these common sense measures. As we’ve seen before, these horrific events occur and then the spotlight fades. We should not allow that to happen. Congress and the administration should act. Given our decades of experience selling firearms, we are also offering to serve as a resource in the national debate on responsible gun sales.

We have a long heritage as a company of serving responsible hunters and sportsmen and women, and we’re going to continue doing so. Our founder, Sam Walton, was an avid outdoorsman who had a passion for quail hunting, and we’re headquartered in a state known for its duck hunting and deer hunting. My family raised bird dogs when I was growing up in Jonesboro, Arkansas, and I’m a gun owner myself. We understand that heritage, our deeply rooted place in America and our influence as the world’s largest retailer. And we understand the responsibility that comes with it. We want what’s best for our customers, our associates and our communities. In a complex situation lacking a simple solution, we are trying to take constructive steps to reduce the risk that events like these will happen again. The status quo is unacceptable.

Doug

Sept. 3, 2019

Spotted at DM
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:52:41 PM EDT
[#2]
contact walmart corporate

1 800 925 6278

2 for customer

2 for walmart store

1 for experience

they ask for names at start of call
I questioned if they knew about the change, they checked and said yes,
I expressed displeasure and disappointment in change, asked if there was another number to call about this, they said no,

call away folks, and let them know your opinion.

let other people know to call walmart and express their displeasure also
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If they go full retard, I’ll never spend another dime in there again!
View Quote
The went full tard.  Cut them off.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#4]
"We do not sell military-style rifles,
and we believe the reauthorization of the Assault Weapons ban should be debated to determine its effectiveness."
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:53:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I won't spend another dime in their stores from now on.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:54:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Fantastic, I’ll be here holding my breath waiting for them to issue a memo saying they are going to stop selling Alcohol and Opiates.
View Quote
Someone should start a social media blitz about how walmart pharmacies are fueling the opioid crisis, and dui death of opioids and alcohol. After all more people died from either of those than firearms.  Someone get the chans on this asap. I would but I forgot most of the l33tspe4k years ago.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:54:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In Florida, Rural King is the place to go for guns and ammo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you're in Texas, shop at Academy.
In Florida, Rural King is the place to go for guns and ammo.
Carry pistols, Minis and AR-15's, stripped lowers and LPK's, 30 round mags.  Very good prices on the guns, middlin' on ammo and mags.  RK is not run by pussies, I am very fond of them.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:55:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Everyone carries at Walmart. Banning concealed carry would be like closing stores.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They're not serious as long as they still allow concealed carry.  The leftist rabble has already demanded that as well (and it was raised at the protests last month).
Everyone carries at Walmart. Banning concealed carry would be like closing stores.
Exactly.  Which is why they are just virtue signalling and not serious.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:56:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Someone should start a social media blitz about how walmart pharmacies are fueling the opioid crisis, and dui death of opioids and alcohol. After all more people died from either of those than firearms.  Someone get the chansey on this asap. I would but I forgot most of the l33tspe4k years ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fantastic, I’ll be here holding my breath waiting for them to issue a memo saying they are going to stop selling Alcohol and Opiates.
Someone should start a social media blitz about how walmart pharmacies are fueling the opioid crisis, and dui death of opioids and alcohol. After all more people died from either of those than firearms.  Someone get the chansey on this asap. I would but I forgot most of the l33tspe4k years ago.
They should stop selling tobacco. 2nd hand smoke kills more than 41,000 a year. Semi Automatic Rifles kill about 200 a year tops, if it was a bad year.

At one point getting killed in a mass shooting was about the same odds as death by lightning.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:56:50 PM EDT
[#10]
After KMart stopped selling ammo and guns, we were warned that one day Walmart could stop selling as well. Having  put the local stores out of business, many would have no place to go. Well, here we are.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:57:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Just the beginning of things to come
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:57:11 PM EDT
[#12]
From the memo
Finally, we encourage our nation's leaders to move forward and strengthen background checks and to remove weapons from those who have been determined to pose an imminent danger. We do not sell military-style rifles, and we believe the reauthorization of the Assault Weapons ban should be debated to determine its effectiveness. We must also do more, as a country, to understand the root causes that lead to this type of violent behavior. Today, I'm sending letters to the White House and the Congressional leadership that call for action on these common sense measures. As we've seen before, these horrific events occur and then the spotlight fades. We should not allow that to happen. Congress and the administration should act. Given our decades of experience selling firearms, we are also offering to serve as a resource in the national debate on responsible gun sales.

We have a long heritage as a company of serving responsible hunters and sportsmen and women, and we're going to continue doing so.
View Quote
Trolling gun owners.

edt bolded
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:57:54 PM EDT
[#13]
In a time when they're already losing market share to Amazon, I don't understand why a company like this wants to alienate even more of their customers.

That said, for the guys that thing this is positive as it'll get people to shop at their lgs, prepare to be gouged. That's the biggest thing I'm dreading about this. The majority of lgs owners I've worked with want to charge you as much as possible. Walmart and online sales are the only things that have halfway kept them in check. When they don't have any competition, expect to see them raise prices significantly.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:58:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like it’s maybe nation wide for Walmart. I just spoke to an employee at a Walmart here in Las Vegas and they confirmed that the new policy described earlier is effective today.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:59:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Dear Associates,

A month ago, in El Paso, Texas, a gunman with an assault-style rifle launched a hate-filled attack in our store, shooting 48 people resulting in the loss of 22 innocent lives. Just a few days prior, two of our associates were killed by another associate in our store in Southaven, Mississippi. And hours after the shooting in El Paso, our country experienced another mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio. This weekend brought tragedy to Midland and Odessa, Texas.

In Southaven and El Paso, our associates responded to anger and hate with courage and self-sacrifice. Our immediate priorities were supporting our associates and the impacted families and cooperating with law enforcement. In parallel, we have been focused on store safety and security. We've also been listening to a lot of people inside and outside our company as we think about the role we can play in helping to make the country safer. It's clear to us that the status quo is unacceptable.

After visiting El Paso on Aug. 6, I mentioned that we would be thoughtful and deliberate in our responses. We're ready to share our next steps.

We've been giving a lot of thought to our sale of firearms and ammunition. We've previously made decisions to stop selling handguns or military-style rifles such as the AR-15, to raise the age limit to purchase a firearm or ammunition to 21, to require a "green light" on a background check while federal law only requires the absence of a "red light," to videotape the point of sale for firearms and to only allow certain trained associates to sell firearms.

Today, we're sharing the decisions we've made that go further:

We know these decisions will inconvenience some of our customers, and we hope they will understand. As a company, we experienced two horrific events in one week, and we will never be the same. Our remaining assortment will be even more focused on the needs of hunting and sport shooting enthusiasts. It will include long barrel deer rifles and shotguns, much of the ammunition they require, as well as hunting and sporting accessories and apparel. We believe these actions will reduce our market share of ammunition from around 20% to a range of approximately 6 to 9%. We believe it will likely drift toward the lower end of that range, over time, given the combination of these changes.

As it relates to safety in our stores, there have been multiple incidents since El Paso where individuals attempting to make a statement and test our response have entered our stores carrying weapons in a way that frightened or concerned our associates and customers. We have also had well-intentioned customers acting lawfully that have inadvertently caused a store to be evacuated and local law enforcement to be called to respond. These incidents are concerning and we would like to avoid them, so we are respectfully requesting that customers no longer openly carry firearms into our stores or Sam's Clubs in states where "open carry" is permitted  unless they are authorized law enforcement officers.

We believe the opportunity for someone to misinterpret a situation, even in open carry states, could lead to tragic results. We hope that everyone will understand the circumstances that led to this new policy and will respect the concerns of their fellow shoppers and our associates. As it relates to concealed carry by customers with permits, there is no change to our policy or approach. This morning, we briefed your leadership team on how to communicate this change in policy to customers when needed, and they will be sharing that with you very soon. We will treat law-abiding customers with respect, and we will have a very non-confrontational approach. Our priority is your safety. We will be providing new signage to help communicate this policy in the coming weeks.

As an additional step, we commit we will work alongside other retailers to make the overall industry safer, including sharing our best practices. For example, we are exploring ways to share the technical specifications and compliance controls for our proprietary firearms sales technology platform. This system navigates the tens of millions of possible combinations of federal, state and local laws, regulations and licensing requirements that come into effect based on where the firearm is being sold and who is purchasing it. We hope that providing this information, free of charge, will help more retailers sell firearms in a responsible, compliant manner.

Finally, we encourage our nation's leaders to move forward and strengthen background checks and to remove weapons from those who have been determined to pose an imminent danger. We do not sell military-style rifles, and we believe the reauthorization of the Assault Weapons ban should be debated to determine its effectiveness. We must also do more, as a country, to understand the root causes that lead to this type of violent behavior. Today, I'm sending letters to the White House and the Congressional leadership that call for action on these common sense measures. As we've seen before, these horrific events occur and then the spotlight fades. We should not allow that to happen. Congress and the administration should act. Given our decades of experience selling firearms, we are also offering to serve as a resource in the national debate on responsible gun sales.

We have a long heritage as a company of serving responsible hunters and sportsmen and women, and we're going to continue doing so. Our founder, Sam Walton, was an avid outdoorsman who had a passion for quail hunting, and we're headquartered in a state known for its duck hunting and deer hunting. My family raised bird dogs when I was growing up in Jonesboro, Arkansas, and I'm a gun owner myself. We understand that heritage, our deeply rooted place in America and our influence as the world's largest retailer. And we understand the responsibility that comes with it. We want what's best for our customers, our associates and our communities. In a complex situation lacking a simple solution, we are trying to take constructive steps to reduce the risk that events like these will happen again. The status quo is unacceptable.

Doug

Sept. 3, 2019

Spotted at DM
View Quote
... how can we all contact Doug to let him know Americans will no longer shop there?
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#16]
This us how the antis are doing it. Guarantee you some big Democrat money is behind this. They figured out that they cannot successfully go after the guns themselves, so they’re pivoting to just make it as painful as possible to be a gun owner. That’s been their strategy in California for several years now, what with the ban on online ammo sales, enhanced storage requirements, etc. I guarantee you this move was pushed by some big Democrat backers.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I would be really surprised if the Wal-Mart near me actually enforces the "no open carry" rule. Very rural, very conservative area.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#18]
I’m dumping my Walmart stock
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Handgun ammo too. Of course what they really mean is... "we're keeping deer hunting and shotgun ammo"
View Quote
I doubt they're dropping rimfire ammo.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:01:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
While you can...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bummer, because if I needed ammo on the fly. Walmart had good prices. But I guess I'll have to buy my ammo all online now.
While you can...
You can make it illegal to buy ammo in places like California. But I see no way, would there be support for a national ban on ammo purchases.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:01:29 PM EDT
[#21]
fuck walmart....will NEVER step foot inside another one
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Folks should be supporting their local gun stores instead of Walmart anyway.
View Quote
What LGS? Many aren't around anymore or never were where some folks live. Kinda like CA where they all closed.

Last gun store closes
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

@Leo31

Still fake news?
View Quote
Unfortunately not.
For all of you saying it's not a big deal for you that don't get ammo at walmart. Wake up It is. What's the next big box store to follow? Cabelas, bass pro? first was dicks, now walmart. Who's next?? When .22 was a shortage im sure many of you got it from walmart. Who's to say when .223\ 5.56 will be the next shortage and it will be one less place to get some.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:03:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Get woke, go broke?
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:03:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You mean the company that removed anything AR15 related from their displays and locked them up after a past shooting to make everyone feel safer? Even air soft guns and other items that looked like an AR.   No company is perfect these days when it comes to caving into the publicity.
View Quote
When was this? It's probably been 6+ months since I visited my local store, but they had them in the rack.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What LGS? Many aren't around anymore or never were where some folks live. Kinda like CA where they all closed.

Last gun store closes
View Quote
In Vermont, the folks at Datillios guns and tackle, or Powderhorn are some of the finest folks I've met. I can spend all day in either places bs'ing. Can't beat Datillios prices either.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This us how the antis are doing it. Guarantee you some big Democrat money is behind this. They figured out that they cannot successfully go after the guns themselves, so they’re pivoting to just make it as painful as possible to be a gun owner. That’s been their strategy in California for several years now, what with the ban on online ammo sales, enhanced storage requirements, etc. I guarantee you this move was pushed by some big Democrat backers.
View Quote
Bird hunters are freaking out about the statewide lead ammo ban. Steelshot is scarce right now
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#29]
I quit shopping at Richard's sporting goods entirely over less offense than this.  I can and will quit Walmart as well.

It helps that one of my LGSs is PSA.  Not happy when they can't keep what I want in stock, but they do get it eventually.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:04:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Walmart you done fucked up. Good riddance.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I would be really surprised if the Wal-Mart near me actually enforces the "no open carry" rule. Very rural, very conservative area.
View Quote
Good luck with that.  I doubt they select managers for their willingness to flaunt corporate policy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:05:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
... how can we all contact Doug to let him know Americans will no longer shop there?
View Quote
Honestly don’t think they care with all the illegals who will shop there plus all the snap/wic/welfare money that’s spent there. Just sayin...
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#33]
This will make it easier for the Gov to track online ammo sales to rural areas.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#34]
There isn't a whole lot of places around me that sells ammo and guns. Walmart was great for picking up random boxes of pistol ammo for impromptu target shooting.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:07:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Saw a big brown fellow OCing an olive drab SCCY in there yesterday.
View Quote
UPS peeps should be able to carry also.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Liberals keep Doubling down on Stupid.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

In Vermont, the folks at Datillios guns and tackle, or Powderhorn are some of the finest folks I've met. I can spend all day in either places bs'ing. Can't beat Datillios prices either.
View Quote
Cool. Next time I need some .22lr, I'll jump in the truck and drive to Vermont. (Just kidding, I'll never need 22LR again, I made sure after Sandy Hook)
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:08:31 PM EDT
[#38]
They just made a lot of gun stores very happy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#39]
I shop at WM as little as I have to but this guarantees that I will never shop there for anything ever again! I have to say, it’s convenient as hell having a PSA store right down the road from my office.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Walmart you done fucked up. Good riddance.
View Quote
I doubt it.  Considering how often they have nobody in the sporting goods section they probably wont miss us.  Most of the stuff i see people buy are food, medicine and housewares.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#41]
US companies owned by Walmart

https://learn.stashinvest.com/companies-walmart

Sam’s Club

Jet.com
Walmart acquired Internet retailer Jet.com for $3 billion in 2016, in an attempt to compete with Amazon for a larger share of the e-commerce market. Walmart reportedly ranks as the third-largest Internet retailer by revenue, with $14.4 billion in revenue for 2016. Walmart’s purchase of Jet.com was the largest e-commerce acquisition in U.S. history.

Great Value
Walmart introduced the Great Value  groceries in 1993, hoping to provide affordable products with a quality comparable to competing national grocery chains. Walmart revamped this food line in 2009, testing and tweaking some 5,250 products, and introducing 80 new ones. In 2009, Great Value’s sales of $10 billion were estimated to be higher than those of either McDonald’s or Amazon.

Bonobos
Walmart acquired Bonobos, an online menswear retailer, in June 2017 in a cash deal worth $310 million. The purchase is considered another step in Walmart’s plan to boost its presence in the lucrative online clothing and accessories space.

Moosejaw
In early 2017, Walmart acquired Moosejaw, a Michigan-based outdoor retailer with a large online presence and 10 physical stores, for $51 million in cash. The Moosejaw acquisition reportedly gives Wal-Mart access to high-end brands such as The North Face and Patagonia.

Shoebuy
Founded in 1999, Zappos competitor Shoebuy was one of the first companies to sell shoes online. By the time it Walmart acquired it in early 2017, it carried over 1 million products and 800 brands. Walmart paid approximately $70 million for the company.

ModCloth
In another effort to further expand its online retail presence, Wal-Mart bought ModCloth through its Jet.com subsidiary in early 2017, for a reported $50 million to $70 million. The company focuses on quirky, trendy, and vintage clothing that appeals to Millennials.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Wal-Mart has gone full Dick's.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:10:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If you're in Texas, shop at Academy.
View Quote
WAY too expensive....  Order my cases online
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:10:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:11:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Carry pistols, Minis and AR-15's, stripped lowers and LPK's, 30 round mags.  Very good prices on the guns, middlin' on ammo and mags.  RK is not run by pussies, I am very fond of them.
View Quote
Does RK do special orders?
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Never go full dick.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Will this decision motivate more people to take up reloading?
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Actually they have gone worse then Dicks.  The Dicks where i live still sells handguns and ammo of most common sorts.  They have a better selection of shotguns and bolt actions as well.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:11:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Dear Associates,

In Southaven and El Paso, our associates responded to anger and hate with courage and self-sacrifice. Our immediate priorities were supporting our associates and the impacted families and cooperating with law enforcement. In parallel, we have been focused on store safety and security. We’ve also been listening to a lot of people inside and outside our company as we think about the role we can play in helping to make the country safer. It’s clear to us that the status quo is unacceptable.

After visiting El Paso on Aug. 6, I mentioned that we would be thoughtful and deliberate in our responses. We’re ready to share our next steps.

We’ve been giving a lot of thought to our sale of firearms and ammunition. We’ve previously made decisions to stop selling handguns or military-style rifles such as the AR-15, to raise the age limit to purchase a firearm or ammunition to 21, to require a “green light” on a background check while federal law only requires the absence of a “red light,” to videotape the point of sale for firearms and to only allow certain trained associates to sell firearms.

Today, we’re sharing the decisions we’ve made that go further:

As it relates to safety in our stores, there have been multiple incidents since El Paso where individuals attempting to make a statement and test our response have entered our stores carrying weapons in a way that frightened or concerned our associates and customers. We have also had well-intentioned customers acting lawfully that have inadvertently caused a store to be evacuated and local law enforcement to be called to respond. These incidents are concerning and we would like to avoid them, so we are respectfully requesting that customers no longer openly carry firearms into our stores or Sam’s Clubs in states where “open carry” is permitted – unless they are authorized law enforcement officers.

Finally, we encourage our nation’s leaders to move forward and strengthen background checks and to remove weapons from those who have been determined to pose an imminent danger. We do not sell military-style rifles, and we believe the reauthorization of the Assault Weapons ban should be debated to determine its effectiveness. We must also do more, as a country, to understand the root causes that lead to this type of violent behavior. Today, I’m sending letters to the White House and the Congressional leadership that call for action on these common sense measures. As we’ve seen before, these horrific events occur and then the spotlight fades. We should not allow that to happen. Congress and the administration should act. Given our decades of experience selling firearms, we are also offering to serve as a resource in the national debate on responsible gun sales.

We have a long heritage as a company of serving responsible hunters and sportsmen and women, and we’re going to continue doing so. Our founder, Sam Walton, was an avid outdoorsman who had a passion for quail hunting, and we’re headquartered in a state known for its duck hunting and deer hunting. My family raised bird dogs when I was growing up in Jonesboro, Arkansas, and I’m a gun owner myself. We understand that heritage, our deeply rooted place in America and our influence as the world’s largest retailer. And we understand the responsibility that comes with it. We want what’s best for our customers, our associates and our communities. In a complex situation lacking a simple solution, we are trying to take constructive steps to reduce the risk that events like these will happen again. The status quo is unacceptable.

Doug

Sept. 3, 2019

Spotted at DM
View Quote
I don’t like giving my money to companies who advocate for removing my rights.

Luckily I have a Target in town, so I will never have to see the mutant freaks of Wal Mart ever again.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Bird hunters are freaking out about the statewide lead ammo ban. Steelshot is scarce right now
View Quote
Yup.

I have a really cool vintage Mossberg .410 from the 1950s that I CANNOT legally hunt with in California anymore because lead shot is banned and the manufacturer says not to use steel shot in the old girl... so there’s no ammo I can hunt with. Tungsten/bismuth loads technically exist but is rather than hens teeth in .410, and I’m not going to take up reloading shotgun shells just so I can make a few rounds of bismuth every year. They’ve figured out how to attack our guns without directly going after the guns. Fuck Democrats, Fuck Walmart, Fuck all of them.
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top