Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Always liked the vehicle paint scheme for my old agency...

Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:18:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Because Mopar or no car

And because I'm a little biased
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:24:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://www.sheriffleefl.org/about_us/images/IMG_7125.JPG
View Quote
Do all Florida counties require green and white?
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#6]
These are the agencies local to me.  The Santa Rosa Chargers look pretty good.  They also use Explorers for K9 and FTO's.  I have seen a few marked Chevy 1500's and a Dodge Ram as well.   They are phasing out Impalas and Tahoes.  The Charger in the pic is missing the light bar. The second Charger with the Ghost lettering  is used by some K9, Traffic, and Admin staff.  
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The lettering does remind me of this
Attachment Attached File

Here is the next County over.  They predominantly use Tahoe's, with a mix of some marked Impalas for traffic units, and unmarked Tahoes, unmarked Impalas, and unmarked Ford Fusions for admin and investigators.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#7]
talked to a MSP trooper about those, they had a mustang and a camaro at the time, he said the mustang front end got light at high speeds, the camaro was awesome
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Got pulled over by a crooked ass Mississippi HWP a couple of years ago. I was only doing eighteen over.  Asshole should have let me go.   Bastard obviously has no problem with some mouth breathers doing ten under in the fast lane.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pay a speeding ticket to any of these assholes and all of them look look like cash machines for crooked politicians.  I’m not impressed.
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/128_zps8f345fb6_GIF-107.gif
Got pulled over by a crooked ass Mississippi HWP a couple of years ago. I was only doing eighteen over.  Asshole should have let me go.   Bastard obviously has no problem with some mouth breathers doing ten under in the fast lane.
LOL!  This has to be sarcasm or a troll post.  No one can be that dumb and say it out loud.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:56:28 PM EDT
[#9]
No armor? Besides having roughly the same offroad capabilities as a Jeep, what "special response" is that good for? I could see an up armored one being useful for SWAT if they couldn't afford a bearcat, but that looks about as useful as an AR pistol with a backwards Eotech on it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:59:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I could outrun that in a Ford Fiesta simply by turning into a parking lot with speed bumps.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:13:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:20:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Lemonjello has shoes just like that.

Michigan with that corny Homey bucket of a light on top? Har. I'd vote that one for last place.

Everyone votes for their own state but I do honestly think AZ looks the best, though only on the Yukon and not the Exploder. Alaska a close 2nd. MA is hilarious and none of them are really striking.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:39:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Texas wins the prize for the best looking Gun Boat.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:41:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Fist things fucking last, that is awesome.

2nd, what in the world is it?
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Is that a actual sherif's car, or a movie prop?

Bad ass if real.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:45:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Do they not make their invicts work in that jurisdiction?
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I think they look sexy AF
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
TR00PER
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:57:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Bad ass if real.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bad ass if real.
http://www.criminalgovernment.com/docs/rel/judge-jury-executioner.html
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Ok, thats a good picture.

That said all these units should be on patrol, not doing photo ops.  But I am a jerk like that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:59:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I thought MSP submitted some anniversary scheme instead of the blue w/gumdrop. Unless I’m thinking of some other contest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Michigan State Police should've won
I thought MSP submitted some anniversary scheme instead of the blue w/gumdrop. Unless I’m thinking of some other contest.
Nope. This was our submission:

Attachment Attached File

We’ve won the award many times, IIRC. Most recently in 2017.

A lot of people hate on the gumball and the sidestop, but some of us love the honor of tradition.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I present "The Chicken Coupe".

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DW8xAwKVQAEMWlc.jpg
View Quote
Not impressed, the fuckers should have been making sure they had deputies in schools willing to put down an active shooter instead of making sure the lambo they seized from a drug dealer is in the motor pool.  Cowards.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 7:01:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/63849/F4F58C77-E342-4B93-886B-4130160005A0_jpeg-1113782.JPG

A lot of people hate on the gumball and the sidestop, but some of us love the honor of tradition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/63849/F4F58C77-E342-4B93-886B-4130160005A0_jpeg-1113782.JPG

I like it. And didn't they update the gumballs to LED inside too?
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I voted for that picture.
View Quote
Me too.  Hard to compete with a tornado.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bad ass if real.
http://www.criminalgovernment.com/docs/rel/judge-jury-executioner.html
Reading that 'story' I truly believe it happened that way.  I have worked in a place infested with 'yes' boys.  Was funny as fuck when the person who promoted them all left and someone else with a different mentality, just expected you to do your job, was put in place.  The 'yes' boys didn't know what the fuck to do.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Chargers have or at least had well known issues with brake fade under spirited driving conditions.
It was a pretty serious issue with them. Also no cop should be doing 150 mph on the road under any circumstance. When they pile one up and kill somebody at that speed they face charges for it just the same as you or I. Most agencies forbid that sort of nonsense in their pursuit policies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's been my observation that the Fords are more common in municipal departments and the Chargers and Tahoe's are more regularly seen on the highway. Probably because the Chargers brakes can't stand up to stop and go driving in town.
That makes no sense considering the Charger needs to go from 150-0 more often on the Highway.
Chargers have or at least had well known issues with brake fade under spirited driving conditions.
It was a pretty serious issue with them. Also no cop should be doing 150 mph on the road under any circumstance. When they pile one up and kill somebody at that speed they face charges for it just the same as you or I. Most agencies forbid that sort of nonsense in their pursuit policies.
The police package chargers do (at least as of 5 years ago) have issues with brake fade during long city traffic runs. No problems with the Ford's, but the NA 3.7L won't get nearly the speed between traffic lights as the Charger would.

The Fords also do better with tight, low speed turns. Easier to make a U turn rather than 3 point turn and do better in tight alley intersections.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, several years back. They are un-Godly bright now. Feel like you can see it for miles. Still not quite as bad as the fucking roof-mounted disco laser-light rave party that some agencies try to ruin your eyesight with.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
TR00PER
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
TR00PER

The last ones looked simple and classy.
Attachment Attached File

These old ones looked pretty bad-ass actually.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 7:25:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 7:36:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Why does such an award exist? What purpose does making cruisers look good serve?
View Quote
What purpose does making anything look good serve?

If nothing else, there is value in giving police vehicles distinctive markings for the same reason there is value in giving police officers distinctive uniforms.  So you know who they are.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Sure the out side looks pretty, but how is the comfort level for the passengers?

I have to give it to the Missouri Troopers for best accommodations. The rear seats are very firm, you can move around and be comfortable, unless cuffed to the floor, damn that causes some accessive discomfort. And they always ask if I am comfortable, if the cuffs are to tight.

Sometimes I think they are kidding me.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 12:27:58 AM EDT
[#39]
My first speeding ticket was maybe this exact car

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 12:35:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Bad ass if real.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bad ass if real.
@Shinji_Ikari

Real deal on a few cars.  Much butthurt ensued and they had to get rid of the stickers.  I grew up near there and remember the original story from years ago.  The part on the door about stealing donuts I'd swear is Photoshopped.  I don't remember that being there in the original story when this all happened.  We'll Kick Your Ass was definitely legit though.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 12:39:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 12:48:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 12:54:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Breast cancer awareness and military appreciation (assigned to a veteran) cruisers.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 1:14:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Maine's car is ugly as sin.... a nice livery that no longer exists is the Florida Department of Environmental Protection. They were the State's equivalency of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. They were merged with the Florida Wildlife Commission (Game Warden) a few years back.

http://policecararchives.org/florida/state_images/cnpca6587-vi.jpg

Another agency that no longer exists that was also merged with FWC was the Florida Marine Patrol.

https://i.imgur.com/nSyAplD.jpg

https://images108.fotki.com/v1279/photos/4/42477/2738677/FMPBroncoPatrol-vi.jpg

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/abpic-media-eu-production/pictures/full_size_0242/1363745-large.jpg

https://www.floridamemory.com/fpc/park_service/FPS1086.jpg

They were like Florida's version of a Coast Guard. Nothing but go fast boats and airboats chasing cocaine smugglers in the 1980s.
View Quote
The moment I saw the photo with the minis the A Team theme song started playing in my head.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 1:21:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The variation of chinstrap placement really screams "professionalism."
View Quote
I've lived here for almost five years now and I've never even heard a tornado alarm that wasn't just a test.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 1:30:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I've lived here for almost five years now and I've never even heard a tornado alarm that wasn't just a test.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The variation of chinstrap placement really screams "professionalism."
My house got a glancing blow from an EF3 two years ago.  That was enough for me.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 2:35:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

https://www.sheriffleefl.org/about_us/images/IMG_7125.JPG
View Quote
Car-1 recently changed it up a bit.

Link Posted: 10/6/2019 3:11:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Why does such an award exist? What purpose does making cruisers look good serve?
View Quote
why are 13'ers always bitchin about something?
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 3:13:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This is the best looking State Trooper vehicle around.  LSP has been rocking the Tahoe for a while, but appears to be switching over to Chargers.  Most of the old Crown Vics have been surplussed out.

LC

https://s3.amazonaws.com/kadn-com/img/2019/03/12151012/state-trooper-770x405.jpg

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/nola.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/1/4f/14f70cf8-5b56-5634-b72c-cf24ba9ce01f/5d14e3e8ca1f3.image.jpg
View Quote
dude almost every state has white trooper cars somewhere in there fleet.  no cool colors, kinda plain.. so wouldnt really be "the best looking" around lol
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 4:47:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Not vying for the best overall look, but here's some atmospheric related pics I've taken:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top