Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.bloombergquint.com/global-economics/manufacturing-is-now-smallest-share-of-u-s-economy-in-72-years

Manufacturing made up 11% of gross domestic product in the second quarter, the smallest share in data going back to 1947 and down from 11.1% in the prior period, a Commerce Department report showed Tuesday. Figures before 2005 were for full years only.

States like Pennsylvania and Wisconsin that helped him win in 2016 are now losing factory jobs amid a persistent trade war with China and a weaker global economy.

Trump approval rating down to 40%. GDP growth 1.9% (China 6%). No wall. Bump stock ban. Support of suppressor ban. Trouble on the horizon.
https://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/3989303.jpg
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:14:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Value of manufactured goods is at an all time, peace-time high even when adjusted for inflation.

US manufacturing taken by itself is greater than the total GDP of 7 other countries.

Non manufacturing has simply grown faster.

Jobs that used to be on-site are now remote, turning them from manufacturing jobs to service jobs.

Productivity is at an all-time high.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:15:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Everyone I know in manufacturing (which is a lot of people/companies) is slammed.

One factor that I have observed is that many shops are now doing the same work with 13-18 people that they used to do with 24-30 people. Parts are cheaper to make, as well. The net result is higher volume at a lower cost, so I would not be at all surprised to learn than total productivity is higher, even though the percentage of GDP may be down.

Also, boosts to other sectors would naturally decrease percentage of GDP for manufacturing, even if manufacturing stayed consistent.

I say this as someone who was opposed to the tariffs and expected a more significant impact. I was wrong and I can admit it.
View Quote
I work for a manufacturer, our biggest problems right now are a) a shortage of skilled and semi/skilled labor and b) longer lead times and shortages for domestic manufactured materials.  We’re actually having to pay more overtime to our shop which while hurting margins a little still boosts production, so our volume carries us.

However there’s apparently no shortage of white, employment aged junkies living under overpasses...
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:18:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
China GDP growth at 6% is a lie.
View Quote
Anybody that believes and pushes this is either a fucking idiot or has an agenda. It is absolutely false.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm no never Trumper.  I'm voting for him regardless of what the economy does.  I'm glad we're sticking it to China even if it costs us something in the short term.  Better to cost dollars than lives.

Still, here are my customers industries, and their rolling 12 month forecasts have been dropping for the last 6 months.  This isn't Bloomberg or NYT.  Real numbers and real dollars affecting my business:

Construction Equipment OEM: dozers, backhoes, graders, haul trucks, excavators, cranes etc
Forestry Equipment OEM: feller bunchers, skidders, processors
Commercial HVAC OEM: think 100 ton plus air conditioners
Rail OEM: Locomotives and cars
Defense OEM: Trucks
Agricultural Equipment OEM: Tractors, Combines, ground engaging equipment, harvesting equipment

The only sector we currently do work for that hasn't fallen is Utility Service Equipment OEMs.  And in my experience, they're somewhat detached from the others being less market based and having more or less constant demand from private and public customers.

It's not a good market right now for these industries, and every signal I'm getting from these customers is it's going to get worse before it gets better.

I don't think that means "the economy is crashing11!#4."  I do think it could have an unfortunate impact on how the rust belt votes if it doesn't turn around in the next year.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:23:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Outsourcing increases profit but is bad for employment.
View Quote
So does automation.  I'm an engineer in the automation business, and business is good.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
https://www.bloombergquint.com/global-economics/manufacturing-is-now-smallest-share-of-u-s-economy-in-72-years

Manufacturing made up 11% of gross domestic product in the second quarter, the smallest share in data going back to 1947 and down from 11.1% in the prior period, a Commerce Department report showed Tuesday. Figures before 2005 were for full years only.

States like Pennsylvania and Wisconsin that helped him win in 2016 are now losing factory jobs amid a persistent trade war with China and a weaker global economy.

Trump approval rating down to 40%. GDP growth 1.9% (China 6%). No wall. Bump stock ban. Support of suppressor ban. Trouble on the horizon.
View Quote
Manufacturing is not slowing, it’s just not growing as rapidly as other sectors. The NYT headline ought to read “Manufacturing Sector Growth Slows,” but that wouldn’t fit the narrative. Even Bloomberg’s headline doesn’t go there. Slowing would be negative growth. [The cites for this are the same articles you cite.]

I’ll point out that there is no adjustment for the UAW/GM strike given either.

China’s growth is not 6%. [Rather than provide 87 million cites I suggest googling “real Chinese GDP growth.]

Trump’s approval numbers match or beat Zero’s at the same point in Zero’s horrific administration. [ https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/trump-approval-rating-higher-obama-1460076%3famp=1 ]

The wall is being built, albeit much more slowly than we wish. More than 25% of the border will have new wall by the election. Given the opposition from every quarter, from Dems to RINOs to leftist federal judges that is actually remarkable.

Trump isn’t near perfect on 2A, but only fools will fail to vote for him when the alternative is SO MUCH WORSE!
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:26:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Read the OP but instead of reading the replies yet, I'm going to see how many BINGO points I get.

- "OP is a shill/Shareblue/Nevertrumper" aka Attack the source so you can ignore the story.

- Attack the website as "fakenews" regardless if the info came from a government report. Again, allows you to ignore the report.

- Spin/Deflect: "Trump had nothing to do with it." "It's actually good news because......"

- Anecdotal evidence: "I work in this industry and the workload is through the roof! It's obviously fakenews."

These are usually the main four replies for any negative articles about the economy.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm no never Trumper.  I'm voting for him regardless of what the economy does.  I'm glad we're sticking it to China even if it costs us something in the short term.  Better to cost dollars than lives.

Still, here are my customers industries, and their rolling 12 month forecasts have been dropping for the last 6 months.  This isn't Bloomberg or NYT.  Real numbers and real dollars affecting my business:

Construction Equipment OEM: dozers, backhoes, graders, haul trucks, excavators, cranes etc
Agricultural Equipment OEM: Tractors, Combines, ground engaging equipment, harvesting equipment

The only sector we currently do work for that hasn't fallen is Utility Service Equipment OEMs.  And in my experience, they're somewhat detached from the others being less market based and having more or less constant demand from private and public customers.

It's not a good market right now for these industries, and every signal I'm getting from these customers is it's going to get worse before it gets better.

I don't think that means "the economy is crashing11!#4."  I do think it could have an unfortunate impact on how the rust belt votes if it doesn't turn around in the next year.
View Quote
You can thank the Fed for that!
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:29:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Read the OP but instead of reading the replies yet, I'm going to see how many BINGO points I get.

- "OP is a shill/Shareblue/Nevertrumper" aka Attack the source so you can ignore the story.

- Attack the website as "fakenews" regardless if the info came from a government report

- Spin/Deflect: "Trump had nothing to do with it." "It's actually good news because......"

- Anecdotal evidence: "I work in this industry and the workload is through the roof! It's obviously fakenews."

These are usually the main four for any negative article about the economy.
View Quote
Batting a 1000 so far
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:33:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sounds like manufacturing becoming more efficient.

Agriculture became a much smaller share of our economy a few years back, because we got really good at it.
View Quote
Real manufacturing output is still below the 2007 peak, and only slightly higher than it was in 2000.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Trump approval rating.  That shape looks familiar....
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:39:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Manufacturing is not slowing, it’s just not growing as rapidly as other sectors. The NYT headline ought to read “Manufacturing Sector Growth Slows,” but that wouldn’t fit the narrative. Even Bloomberg’s headline doesn’t go there. Slowing would be negative growth. [The cites for this are the same articles you cite.]

I’ll point out that there is no adjustment for the UAW/GM strike given either.

China’s growth is not 6%. [Rather than provide 87 million cites I suggest googling “real Chinese GDP growth.]

Trump’s approval numbers match or beat Zero’s at the same point in Zero’s horrific administration. [ https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/trump-approval-rating-higher-obama-1460076%3famp=1 ]

The wall is being built, albeit much more slowly than we wish. More than 25% of the border will have new wall by the election. Given the opposition from every quarter, from Dems to RINOs to leftist federal judges that is actually remarkable.

Trump isn’t near perfect on 2A, but only fools will fail to vote for him when the alternative is SO MUCH WORSE!
View Quote
China's actual growth rate is probably more like 2-3? currently.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Trolls should be required to purchase a team account
Tell shareblue to kick in $24, while you give david Brock his reach around
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:46:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

- Attack the website as "fakenews" regardless if the info came from a government report. Again, allows you to ignore the report.

These are usually the main four replies for any negative articles about the economy.
View Quote
LOL.  Read the OP's article "manufacturing has added about half a million workers on the whole since Trump took office"
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

LOL.  Read the OP's article "manufacturing has added about half a million workers on the whole since Trump took office"
View Quote
Absolutely.  That doesn't change that there currently seems to be a pull back happening.  That's no indictment of policy, things go up and things go down.  On a whole manufacturing is far better off than it was in 2015.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Bloomberg?  sigh.

ETA: If people believe this and don't see the subtext and the context, along with manipulation of statistics... oh well, they were going to vote democrat anyway.
View Quote
You guys seriously think Bloomberg Business lies about easily-verified bulk economic figures like this, used by countless investors and brokers to make money?

"Alternative facts," indeed.

You fools should realize that what's happening is an unprecedented bubble in advertising.  That's the bulk of our 'product' now; advertising.  Manipulation of each other.  That's all the tech behemoths are; advertising companies.  But hey, the economy is a confidence racket, and you need marketing to keep a confidence racket going.  Of course, you need more & more all the time to keep people from getting wise to the game, so it's a ultimately a perfectly sustainable market sector.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You guys seriously think Bloomberg Business lies about easily-verified bulk economic figures like this, used by countless investors and brokers to make money?

You fools should realize that what's happening is an unprecedented bubble in advertising.  That's the bulk of our 'product' now; advertising.  Manipulation of each other.  That's all the tech behemoths are; advertising companies.  But hey, the economy is a confidence racket, and you need marketing to keep a confidence racket going.  Of course, you need more & more all the time to keep people from getting wise to the game, so it's a ultimately a perfectly sustainable market sector.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bloomberg?  sigh.

ETA: If people believe this and don't see the subtext and the context, along with manipulation of statistics... oh well, they were going to vote democrat anyway.

Notice how Bloomberg selected manufacturing instead of GDP.  The article is designed to get people to ignore the following metrics:

Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Exactly. Trump can’t be held accountable for any number of his failed promises. The blame lies solely at congresses feet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I voted for a guy who wouldn't implement gun control and who would build a wall. Instead we have seen backdoor gun control and migrant surges.
Who writes the laws? Who controls funding?
Exactly. Trump can’t be held accountable for any number of his failed promises. The blame lies solely at congresses feet.
^^

How the hell is this guy still here? The dude literally posts nothing on this forum besides NT bullshit and even injects NT bullshit into non-Trump discussions.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:08:25 PM EDT
[#22]
While I agree with you that the tact of the article is "orange man lied" and I am certainly not claiming a slight dip in manufacturing's contribution to GDP while GDP as a whole grows, is sign of an economy ready to drop, in the context of winning WI and PA or OH, etc, in 2020, it has some significance.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Pure propaganda.

Not worth unraveling.
View Quote
yep
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Concern troll friends!
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Notice how seemingly-inconsequential the Global Financial Crisis was on the long-term trend in US Growth.

Now look at Germany's, the 3rd largest exporter in the world:

France:

China:

So while the US GDP is still trending upwards regardless of who is in office, some of the world's largest economies are struggling or trending down and even negative growth.

Next question:

What nations in the US's sphere of influence are growing?

Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So all sectors grew, only shrinking manufacturing by 1% of total GDP.... where's my chicken little meme?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP, you and Bloomberg either fail to understand the report or are merely spouting propaganda. The report does show that manufacturing has decreased in our country at all.

What you and Bloomberg are citing is table 5a of the report "Value added by Industry Group as a percentage of GDP". If you look at the previous table 5, you'll see that overall GDP has increased again this quarter. So why in table 5a did manufacturing shrink by 0.1% in the second quarter?

Because table 5a shows all industry groups as a share of 100%. Manufacturing decreased by 0.1 % because other sectors increased their share of GDP.
So all sectors grew, only shrinking manufacturing by 1% of total GDP.... where's my chicken little meme?
Yep, OP is fake news.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Huh? Could've fooled me.

I'm in manufacturing and we're busier today than we've been in the last 10 years.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:22:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
While I agree with you that the tact of the article is "orange man lied" and I am certainly not claiming a slight dip in manufacturing's contribution to GDP while GDP as a whole grows, is sign of an economy ready to drop, in the context of winning WI and PA or OH, etc, in 2020, it has some significance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
We've been trending in relocating certain aspects of our manufacturing base to partner nations with emerging economies where education standards in their technical and vocational skills sectors are superior to the US, since public schooling and the trend towards telling kids that college is the only way to a good life have pushed people away from tech fields, leaving employers with the task of trying to train 20+ yr-olds with a lot of bad habits and no skills at all how to manage the emerging technologies the US has pioneered.

The employee base for US manufacturing should have been doing marketing, CAD drafting programs, learning CNC machine operations, chemical plant operations, and basic operations across a product cycle starting in their early teens, not wasting time doing whatever it is they do in HS and college.

Europe, Japan, and South Korea have much of the trade skills worked out in their schooling models, whereas it's a foreign concept in the US nowadays.  There are some States that are better than others with their tech programs, but for the most part, we really suck at vocational training.

As a manufacturer myself, I'm constantly faced with the dilemma of keeping some of my products in the US, vs overseas because nobody wants to do the work.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Employment's the best it's been in a long, long time, though.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:27:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Real manufacturing output is still below the 2007 peak, and only slightly higher than it was in 2000.
View Quote
But Obama told me that was never coming back...
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

China's actual growth rate is probably more like 2-3? currently.
View Quote
And what does that even mean in a government subsidized, command economy?
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If only we could have other jobs than labor...

If only we sat on the world's leading development sector for emerging and advanced technologies....

If only we had a multi-nodal landscape of cities with diverse industries and sectors....

If only we had connectivity and infrastructure that allows us to ship goods to each other within 2 days...
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:30:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
^^

How the hell is this guy still here? The dude literally posts nothing on this forum besides NT bullshit and even injects NT bullshit into non-Trump discussions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I voted for a guy who wouldn't implement gun control and who would build a wall. Instead we have seen backdoor gun control and migrant surges.
^^

He’s out and out trolling now.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:31:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Funny how they would publish that crap while we are in the middle of the largest manufacturing bump since probably WW2.  I would love to see stats on how many new factories are going in.

I get a daily memo on the new factories going in or expansions, but I cant even keep track anymore.  They had something that showed how many factories have gone in from when Trump got elected to how many they put in under that dip shit obama. Those are truly embarrassing numbers for the DNC.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
There was a good article about this in fleet owner magazine last month or two months ago.

Let’s take large fleets, particularly trucking and some contracting.

Trucking companies were doing a 3 to 3.5 year turn on trucks.  Meaning by the time the trucks were received, they’d be on the road 3 to 3.5 years before turned in.

This turn is going to now 4.5 years to 5.5 years.

Basically they’re planning to get longer life out of the trucks because the repairs are going down in cost to make keeping units longer, worth it.  As well, they’re getting more expensive.  So it’s worth the longer lease.

This is the trucking / construction and ag equipment markets.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
^^

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

^^

Says someone who doesn’t have a disposable $24, color me shocked
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bloomberg?  sigh.

Notice how Bloomberg selected manufacturing instead of GDP.  The article is designed to get people to ignore the following metrics:

https://d3fy651gv2fhd3.cloudfront.net/charts/united-states-gdp.png?s=wgdpus&v=201907011342V20190821

https://s.marketwatch.com/public/resources/images/MW-HU221_GDPC1_MG_20191029122648.png

https://mgmresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/US-GDP-1980-2020-2.png
That's because the story is about manufacturing, genius. . That sector has been oddly underperforming the rest of the toasty economy all year.  Manufacturing tends to be a more...sane? industry that's less effected by hype & bubbles, and was one of the first to do very well under the initial portion of Trump's tenure, so to see it decline steadily (if slowly) while the rest of the economy keeps running like genius-has-brain-will-travel Wylie E Coyote in addition to bonds inverting...Yeah, it's kinda worth mentioning, unless you're investing in an ostrich ranch or being paid to spin for Trump's re-election campaign.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:41:52 PM EDT
[#39]
How have wages done in the last 10 or so years?
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:42:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

^^

My membership expiring a few weeks ago excuses you for being a Rolcon?

Lol, Good For You
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:45:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

^^

View Quote
Don't forget his socialist memes.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Lol, Good For You
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

^^

Lol, Good For You
You’ll have to excuse me as I’m not up on the current Cambridge Analytica vocabulary of incitement. What is a Rolcon?
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:47:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
We've been trending in relocating certain aspects of our manufacturing base to partner nations with emerging economies where education standards in their technical and vocational skills sectors are superior to the US, since public schooling and the trend towards telling kids that college is the only way to a good life have pushed people away from tech fields, leaving employers with the task of trying to train 20+ yr-olds with a lot of bad habits and no skills at all how to manage the emerging technologies the US has pioneered.

The employee base for US manufacturing should have been doing marketing, CAD drafting programs, learning CNC machine operations, chemical plant operations, and basic operations across a product cycle starting in their early teens, not wasting time doing whatever it is they do in HS and college.

Europe, Japan, and South Korea have much of the trade skills worked out in their schooling models, whereas it's a foreign concept in the US nowadays.  There are some States that are better than others with their tech programs, but for the most part, we really suck at vocational training.

As a manufacturer myself, I'm constantly faced with the dilemma of keeping some of my products in the US, vs overseas because nobody wants to do the work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I couldn't agree more.

Who or what is at fault for a manufacturing pullback, or a reduction in manufacturing jobs, or that by having some impact on domestic manufacturing we win the larger trade war with China et al isn't worth it, I'm not arguing any of that.

Only that a loss of manufacturing jobs in Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Iowa, Ohio, Pennsylvania now, will appear like some kind of pump and dump to a lot of mixed principle voters.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

There was a good article about this in fleet owner magazine last month or two months ago.

Let's take large fleets, particularly trucking and some contracting.

Trucking companies were doing a 3 to 3.5 year turn on trucks.  Meaning by the time the trucks were received, they'd be on the road 3 to 3.5 years before turned in.

This turn is going to now 4.5 years to 5.5 years.

Basically they're planning to get longer life out of the trucks because the repairs are going down in cost to make keeping units longer, worth it.  As well, they're getting more expensive.  So it's worth the longer lease.

This is the trucking / construction and ag equipment markets.
View Quote
Good points.  The more durable, durable goods are, the less often they're purchased.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Absolutely.  That doesn't change that there currently seems to be a pull back happening.  That's no indictment of policy, things go up and things go down.  On a whole manufacturing is far better off than it was in 2015.
View Quote
Your markets are pretty trade/tariff sensitive, construction and mining are the big ones.  I'm surprised by the military truck thing though...Oshkosh getting to the end of MATVs or whatever the current contract is?
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:50:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Maybe if we weren't collecting record tax revenues ($3.6 trillion) and spending even more ($4.7 trillion), we'd have some left over to spend on stuff that matters.

Enjoy the ride while it lasts lmao
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#47]
It's because manufacturing has a specific geographic and demographic composition.   Fact are facts but in this case certain facts are presented while others aren't for specific political reasons.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That's because the story is about manufacturing, genius. . That sector has been oddly underperforming the rest of the toasty economy all year.  Manufacturing tends to be a more...sane? industry that's less effected by hype & bubbles, and was one of the first to do very well under the initial portion of Trump's tenure, so to see it decline steadily (if slowly) while the rest of the economy keeps running like genius-has-brain-will-travel Wylie E Coyote in addition to bonds inverting...Yeah, it's kinda worth mentioning, unless you're investing in an ostrich ranch or being paid to spin for Trump's re-election campaign.
View Quote
Manufacturing has added an average of 5,000 jobs per month so far in 2019 after adding 22,000 per month in 2018.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^^

Ah yes. How could I forget.

Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:56:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Your markets are pretty trade/tariff sensitive, construction and mining are the big ones.  I'm surprised by the military truck thing though...Oshkosh getting to the end of MATVs or whatever the current contract is?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only thing they're building (in any quantity) is the JLTV.  MATV, HEMTT, HET; FHTV stuff, is nonexistent other than some refurbs.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top