Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 9:58:00 PM EDT
[#1]
To Bad..At one time it was beautiful city.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Poop Thread
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:06:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Isnt it all green?
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:12:22 PM EDT
[#5]
This week Oracle became the latest to announce they are pulling their annual conference from San Fran because of the exorbitant hotel rates and the filthy streets that made attendees not feel safe. The loss of that conference alone will cost the city $65MM...and they are not the first...or likely the last.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I was just there.

Dealing with the panhandlers at the gas station in Oakland by the airport was worse.

Some fool actually tried to get into the car. My partner, he was fueling the car, was dealing with some sob story about not having money for gas while some other fucker wedged himself into the car.

Fucker got pissed because he didn't know I was in the passenger seat. Tired and in need of coffee.

I might have gone too far verbally.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:19:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Adding to my above post:  The City has changed! I have not been there in over a decade.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Good map.  I visited in Oct-Nov. and didn't see any feces.  But then again, I stayed in the Western Half of the city.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:21:47 PM EDT
[#10]
"San FranPsycho" -Michael Savage
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:24:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Poop Thread
View Quote
They really should have used brown & yellow, rather than green
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:27:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
At one time I would have told you that San Francisco was the most beautiful city in America.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:29:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Should be brown.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:30:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Isnt it all green?
View Quote
Various shades of it by my eye.

Just to be safe, avoid it all.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:30:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:31:37 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm staying away from California altogether.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:33:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
It was.

I was last there about 5 years ago and it was far declined from my memories of a decade or so ago.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:33:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:35:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:38:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Too simple. Baby-shit green.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Should be brown.
Too simple. Baby-shit green.
Aside from all of the street repairs and everything else that happens in big cities, I was most shocked by how much downtown SF had changed. Same, but different. I hired a rideshare. Thank God for that.

The City is a mess.

Oh, after it became dark. It reminded me 100% of Blade Runner (1982)

Traffic. Bicycles. People in traffic riding Dyson balls?

Dealing with bums in Oakland sucked worse, though.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 11:14:49 PM EDT
[#24]
This is certainly not Det. Harry Callahan's city anymore.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 11:16:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Good map.  I visited in Oct-Nov. and didn't see any feces.  But then again, I stayed in the Western Half of the city.
View Quote
I spent 4 nights in SF back in April - training class in the financial district,  hotel in Marina district.  I was never asked for money by a vagrant, never had to step over human feces, never saw discarded needles/syringes. and I rode my bicycle or the bus - didn't drive my car at all.

I spent 4 nights in SF back in October - wife had surgery at UCSF Mission Bay (next to the new Warriors arena).  I had a hotel in Visitacion Valley/Cow Palace but spent pretty much all day at the hospital.  Even riding Muni thru Dogpatch/Hunter's Point I didn't have any problems - at times I think I was the only white guy on the train.

Hotels in SF are stupid expensive - even the cheap ones.  If you do have to go to SF and you want lower cost but decent try Greenwich Inn in the Marina District or Mylo Hotel in Visitacion Valley.  Marina District is the nicer area for out of towners.

From my experience all the stuff you see on the news is really very specific areas and it's unfortunate that folks think the entirety of SF is what they see on a 30 sec news clip.

Yes - the streets are a disaster due to the construction.  Van Ness/Hwy 101 is a f'ing nightmare.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 11:18:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I hitched hiked through SF in 1980.

The tenderloin was dangerous AF then too.

No doubt it's gotten worse, but must big cities are sketchy in areas.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 11:23:01 PM EDT
[#27]
shithole...literally
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 11:28:19 PM EDT
[#28]
It is the shining example of liberal policies.

Everything they control turns to shit.  Literally.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm staying away from California altogether.
View Quote
Pretty much this
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#30]
They like organic shit, should be happy as a bunch of hippies with a loaded bong.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#31]
I flew in this last Saturday for an event in the NE tip of the dark area.  Took the BART train from SFO to Ebarcadero and then walked.

The BART was gross. Homeless guy was mad dogging everyone as he cleaned his feet and let his shopping cart race up and down the aisle bashing into people everytime the train sped up of slowed down. How do you even get a shopping cart through the turnstyles?

The financial district was a mix of snooty young folks in really really nice clothes and screaming homeless people.

I hated it.  I grew up there, too . .  but haven't really been back to visit in 15 years.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Are not the darker green areas the trolley route?

Wherever I’ve gone the train track inevitable become the ghetto areas. Regardless of whether it is trolley or light rail. Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
That’s what “progressives” do:  they destroy.

I grew up there in the 70s and it was indeed beautiful back then.

My wife just returned from a conference there.  She said the BART train was disgusting (and she’s used to the NYC subway); BART was far worse.

Homeless are everywhere in SF.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Because of the smoke from the forest fires in the day and the lack of electrical power at night?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because of the smoke from the forest fires in the day and the lack of electrical power at night?
There were no black-outs in the city when I was there.  Other parts of the peninsula had them and it made traffic SUCK.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yup.  Such a beautiful part of the country and state.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Brown areas ?
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 10:50:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Hotels in SF are stupid expensive - even the cheap ones.  If you do have to go to SF and you want lower cost but decent try Greenwich Inn in the Marina District or Mylo Hotel in Visitacion Valley.  Marina District is the nicer area for out of towners.
View Quote
Marina is nice.  Predominantly white.  Their Safeway is the flagship store in San Francisco and it was crazy stupid to get parking when I went there.  Turns out I went when the gas stations were closed in Marin County (blackouts) so the Marinites would go to Safeway Marina to do their grocery shopping.

Anyway, residents of Marina actually applauded marked units when they rolled through the Marina during the King Riots.  They were happy to see law enforcement on patrol.   Mind you, the riots were mostly on the edge of Chinatown when the first rocks were thrown and predominantly along Market Street.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I hitched hiked through SF in 1980.

The tenderloin was dangerous AF then too.

No doubt it's gotten worse, but must big cities are sketchy in areas.
View Quote
A lot of probationers/parolees are released in the Tenderloin.  Lotsa of druggies, homeless, unsavory characters there.  BTW, rich kids from Marin County used to tear of SF's Union Square.  They made the mistake of marching against the (SFPD) Tenderloin Task Force.  The cops going off duty rushed out with their nightsticks and gave them a working over.  Then the homeless and druggies swooped down and beat them up some more and robbed them of wallets, watches and cellphones.  Finally, the uniforms went in and by then, all the homeless and druggies disappeared.

Cops: "Can you ID who attacked you?"
Beaten/robbed rich kids: "No."
Cops: "Nothing we can do for you then."

That kinda stopped their rioting at Union Square.  They learned that actions do have consequences.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Ludowski of WeAr Change.Org visits San Franshitco:

Insanity! I can’t believe what I saw in San Francisco

He's in Civic Center and walks down towards Market Street towards the Powell Street Cable Car turnaround.  I've never seen so much fear/consternation in Ludowski's face as in this video.

I used to work around City Hall and broke up fights or prevented them in Civic Center Park.  Ludowski goes by UriNation Plaza where the Simon Bolivar statute is.  Note the store closures thanks to $15 hr minimum wage (which he mentions).  The Hibernia Bank is (or was) the site of the Tenderloin Task Force.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Poop Thread
Yep, cartographic failure, no doubt!
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 1:46:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Marina is nice.  Predominantly white.  Their Safeway is the flagship store in San Francisco and it was crazy stupid to get parking when I went there.  Turns out I went when the gas stations were closed in Marin County (blackouts) so the Marinites would go to Safeway Marina to do their grocery shopping.

Anyway, residents of Marina actually applauded marked units when they rolled through the Marina during the King Riots.  They were happy to see law enforcement on patrol.   Mind you, the riots were mostly on the edge of Chinatown when the first rocks were thrown and predominantly along Market Street.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't the Marina Safeway the hot spot for picking up dates at one time?
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It was.

I was last there about 5 years ago and it was far declined from my memories of a decade or so ago.
View Quote
Same. 5 years ago I was on high alert as it all seemed "off" somehow.

Now I wouldn't set foot in that shithole.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 2:34:29 PM EDT
[#43]
I say we call the Britt's and tell them it's Dresden.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#44]
7th street is one of the worst problems.  You'd think with the 9th Circuit Court right there, they'd do something about it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#45]
It just continually blows me away that Americans of all races, religions, and socioeconomic statuses do not all realize that everything liberals control turns to shit.

San Fran is the shining example on the left coast and Baltimore is differently but equally fucked on the east coast...but they are by no means the exceptions.  You see this tragedy in almost every state, but perhaps no more clearly than in areas that have recently either turned left or seceded control to the left.  Yeah, I'm talking to you Portland and Seattle.

I hope they all drown in their own piles of shit.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It just continually blows me away that Americans of all races, religions, and socioeconomic statuses do not all realize that everything liberals control turns to shit.

San Fran is the shining example on the left coast and Baltimore is differently but equally fucked on the east coast...but they are by no means the exceptions.  You see this tragedy in almost every state, but perhaps no more clearly than in areas that have recently either turned left or seceded control to the left.  Yeah, I'm talking to you Portland and Seattle.

I hope they all drown in their own piles of shit.
View Quote
Yeah,but,they aren't drowning just them.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Shit Town
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#48]
They wanted this.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Wasn't the Marina Safeway the hot spot for picking up dates at one time?
View Quote
It was.  I was never part of that scene since I lived near West Portal.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 4:45:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Is there anything progressives cannot fuck up?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top