[#2]
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 11:57:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buy Cabot
View Quote

Good stuff.

Can’t tell LoL from Walmart/Kroger brand, but Cabot is substantially better.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 11:59:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Kerry gold butter is mo better.  But it was a stupid move.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 12:00:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 12:01:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
land o lakes really removed the lady because they had enough of every one making boobs  with her knees
View Quote

man!!! just took me back to my 5th grade school cafeteria like it was yesterday!

The 6 of us giggling hysterically
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 12:02:11 AM EDT
[#7]
i have a pre-ban (mfg. date april 2020) land-o-lakes butter tub that i'll be listing on the EE shortly

no low balls, know what i got
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 12:37:06 AM EDT
[#8]
So now the supermarket labels are overwhelmingly white. Little Debbie, Newman’s own, chef boyardee, Quaker Oats, etc...
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 1:51:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Lucky The Leprechaun's next!
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 1:55:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Perfect for the new Logo (without the campaign stuff):

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 1:58:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Couldn't someone just shop a blanket on the new style box? It would be self explanatory why the Indian girl is missing.
View Quote

Or a modern picture of your people kneeling to black people. You know?

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 2:05:38 AM EDT
[#12]
I for one, am pleased. No longer will our people be slandered with this association to that inferior spread. A solid Irish butter on the other would be a proud home.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Democrats, Liberals, Snowflakes, Millennials, whatever you want to call them, they believe that they are entitled to live in a sterilized world. A world where they have a RIGHT to not be offended by sights, or sounds, or words, or history, etc...
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:39:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Kerrygold is butter like I  remember as a kid, but fuck 'em.

Not worth the difference to me.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:40:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Couldn't someone just shop a blanket on the new style box? It would be self explanatory why the Indian girl is missing.

Careful, there, Cherokee. Talk like that might earn you a stalker or two.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:42:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Kerrygold is butter like I  remember as a kid, but fuck 'em.

Not worth the difference to me.
View Quote

Some of the best butter I remember came from a farm in rural Quebec where we’d rented a cabin with another family for a few weeks. Like most of the dairy items, they were handmade at the farm and gladly devoured by the houseful of kids.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I can't believe people are actually going to stop buying the product because of a label change. If they were buying it before, instead of the store brand, when LoL cost more, it was probably because they found LoL to be a better quality product. If they're now going to stop buying LoL and are going to now start buying a product they've long felt was so inferior that they'd willingly pay more for the better product, it's not just LoL who's going to suffer. They and their family will now have to suffer through a shittier product. Over a label change. I guarantee had the label never been there in the first place, they wouldn't have said "OMG, how can they advertise themselves as Land o Lakes butter without an Indian squaw on the box?"
View Quote

That's the root of the problem. All of these execs live in an echo chamber. They believe everything they see on social media is at the forefront of American minds. They are so out of touch, they don't realize that we are all dealing with real problems, not severely injured from indignation over insensitive branding. These companies are spending money to fix a nonissue, which will most likely negatively impact their hard won brand recognition.
Nobody really gives a shit....
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That's the root of the problem. All of these execs live in an echo chamber. They believe everything they see on social media is at the forefront of American minds. They are so out of touch, they don't realize that we are all dealing with real problems, not severely injured from indignation over insensitive branding. These companies are spending money to fix a nonissue, which will most likely negatively impact their hard won brand recognition.
Nobody really gives a shit....
View Quote
Good analysis.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Either one would be retardedly appropriate in today's clown world.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If they get rid of the leinenkugels Indian. It’s fo time!
View Quote

I love their orange shandy but I cannot recall an Indian.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
I remember this one ............ does that help?

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
https://newint.org/sites/default/files/features/2005/08/01/gandhi.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://newint.org/sites/default/files/features/2005/08/01/gandhi.jpg

That scrawny, gaunt physique looks more like a long-term cheap booze drunk, not a beer drinker’s gut at all.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#25]

Holy shit lol
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That scrawny, gaunt physique looks more like a long-term cheap booze drunk, not a beer drinker's gut at all.
View Quote
Now, now.

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#27]

Is that savage or un-savage?
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
land o lakes really removed the lady because they had enough of every one making boobs  with her knees
View Quote
Impossible, there is no such thing as too much of that.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Nope. Indian. So they got rid of the Indian and kept the land.
View Quote

I laughed
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what I thought...

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#31]
We need to start a #redface= #racist for all the hippies, entertainers and politicians who dress up in American Indian garb.  Drag up all the pictures of them from decades ago 'til now.  How dare they!  
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 8:38:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Native American you racist bastards...
View Quote

What's more racist? Calling a person by what they were thought to be when "discovered", or calling them by a name assigned many years after they were "discovered"?
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

What's more racist? Calling a person by what they were thought to be when "discovered", or calling them by a name assigned many years after they were "discovered"?
View Quote

Actually, the names they call themselves seem to change every thirty years or so.  It's not about what you call them.  It's about them having the power to make you say what they want you to say.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Actually, the names they call themselves seem to change every thirty years or so.  It's not about what you call them.  It's about them having the power to make you say what they want you to say.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every Indian/Native American/insert tribe name I have met had no fucks to give about what people called him as long as they weren't doing it to be assholes. For the most part it's white liberals who care. And theirs is the opinion I care least about.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Every Indian/Native American/insert tribe name I have met had no fucks to give about what people called him as long as they weren't doing it to be assholes. For the most part it's white liberals who care. And theirs is the opinion I care least about.
View Quote

This ^
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:10:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Still on the milk...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#37]

Thank you for not putting knees on that bitch. That would be gross.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:36:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I can't believe people are actually going to stop buying the product because of a label change. If they were buying it before, instead of the store brand, when LoL cost more, it was probably because they found LoL to be a better quality product. If they're now going to stop buying LoL and are going to now start buying a product they've long felt was so inferior that they'd willingly pay more for the better product, it's not just LoL who's going to suffer. They and their family will now have to suffer through a shittier product. Over a label change. I guarantee had the label never been there in the first place, they wouldn't have said "OMG, how can they advertise themselves as Land o Lakes butter without an Indian squaw on the box?"
View Quote

Some people believe in voting with their wallet to 'fight back' against PC retardation.  And I'm pretty sure there are other "name brands" that are of comparable quality, not just Land 'o Lakes and store brand.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What’s this knee-boob talk?

View Quote

If you fold the packaging upwards just right it places the knees where her boobs are..making it look like her boobs are hanging out. Seriously we did that one in grade school.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:41:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only white people say native Americans;)
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#41]
I bought some Land-O-Lakes butter earlier this year with the Indian girl on the front but it doesn't look like that package.

Nothing bellow the chest, just a graphic bar + lettering.

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:58:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If you fold the packaging upwards just right it places the knees where her boobs are..making it look like her boobs are hanging out. Seriously we did that one in grade school.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What’s this knee-boob talk?

If you take a fine-point knife, cut the butter out, cut her knees out exactly the same size and reverse their places, not only does it look like her boobs are out, her hand position looks like she's playing with them.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 10:00:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure how tongue-in-cheek that was, but you're basically right.

'Indian' or 'Native American'? [Reservations, Part 0]
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 10:12:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

very much this with one exception and that was a college so it doesn't count for much.

It eventually backfired.

Fighting Whities
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 10:26:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I like capital ‘N‘ Native, myself.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

American Indian or just Indian for me.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 10:30:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Oh for God's sake...
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 10:32:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Buy better butter.
View Quote

Well said.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 10:45:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or you can look at it another way:. With so many other options available, why support a company that is so interested in caving to the PC bullshit that they changed their logo just to virtue signal that they are leftists too.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 10:49:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Need to change the Butter to Spoo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Need to change the Butter to Spoo.

I'm sure they'd find a way to make it aged enough to offend the Narn and fresh enough to offend the Centari.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top