BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:05:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't call it a militia because it will attract both feds and the wrong kind of people. Call it some kind of volunteer group or even just some hobby club. The focus on serving the community is great though; regular people do not need light infantry platoons patrolling through the woods they need men to help out in-town and that can mean everything from welfare checks during a flood to deterring looters.

Don't set the bar too high either. Just establishing regular contact with some people that aren't idiots, and aren't felons puts your community way ahead of people that are completely unprepared.  

Also don't make any official patches or any of that bullshit, fun as it might be. Look at how the federal government started treating the "boogaloo boys", which were just a facebook group. They made some silly meme and it gets plastered all over the headlines.

Great you might be interested in this then. Setting up communications has become more interesting than shooting for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXuQERL_e8M
View Quote

Instead of militia you could call it the "Black Water Rod and Gun Club".
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:08:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I love this place... You guys have me rolling.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#3]
What color for the purse of choice?
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:21:45 AM EDT
[#4]
One of the globoMarxists’ big wins in the 80s was demonizing the “militia” concept.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:24:47 AM EDT
[#5]
OP, what county are you in?

There have been 5 local musters this year in this area alone.  I know they are popping up all over the state.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#6]

The white supremacist group "The Base" was run by a glowie contractor.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:48:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The white supremacist group "The Base" was run by a glowie contractor.
View Quote

Seems ironic since “the base” translates to “al Qaeda” and that was started by CIA assets back on the 80s.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:53:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I’m only joining if my rank is “Sniper Commander.” And I want a cool call sign too.
View Quote

"Blood Agent" is already taken.
The Rise of the Three Percenter - Official Documentary
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just establishing regular contact with some people that aren't idiots, and aren't felons puts your community way ahead of people that are completely unprepared.  
View Quote
There you've put your finger on the crux of the problem.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:33:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What color for the purse of choice?
View Quote
It depends on whether they wear it behind, bouncing on their ass, or around in front of their balls.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A fringe group of one or two dozen fat guys running around in Hawaiian shirts and SKS, AK, AR , and Marlin 336 rifles won't cut it.
View Quote

I'll just go sit over here then.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not today Mr Fed Agent
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

"Blood Agent" is already taken.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t8kpY5Tf48
View Quote

“Night Shadow” it is then. Much fierce, so edge.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:55:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Good hell, OP! MI or VA? Make up your mind
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

"Night Shadow" it is then. Much fierce, so edge.
View Quote

I want "Bad Karma"

My sniper is "God"

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 2:08:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Not today Mr Fed Agent
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I say go for it!

I'm from Port Huron, live in Detroit now.

My group doesn't use a military rank system.

We just have a handful of team leaders and then everybody else.

I'm a general class ham radio geek so I tend to do comms stuff.

Some guys do nothing but go to training classes with the big name guys, so they bring that knowledge to the table.

We've got EMT's, and former Marines and Cav Scouts, and civilians like me.

It's a lot of fun, and feels good to hang out with like minded folks.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#18]
If this quarantine goes on any longer I may have to start my own militia just to entertain myself.  

1. Get a group of buddies together who are in on it.
2. Wait for infiltration by feds.
3. Start talking about all the horrible things we're going to do, "in Minecraft" of course.  
4. Feds ecstatic.  "We got one!"  
5. Fed undercovers offer all sorts of guns and explosives.
6. "Nah, we good."  Feds confused.
7. Big day arrives.  Feds call in assets from all over the state.
8. We meet.  It's a huge LAN party.  We literally play Minecraft all day, doing all the things we said we're going to do "in Minecraft."

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Tuscola County.    Also a HAM (general).  Check in to the thumb net and Wolverine net a lot in the winter... Not so much in the summer.

I'm not plugged in outside of my kid's schools but that of course has been shut down since covid. Covid also crushed the search for a local church.

Lots of great ideas mixed with the typical arfcom troll crap and internet dick measuring.

Agree with the focus on community support and emergency response... Connecting with local governments... Volunteer fire etc... But the issue is since covid everyone is isolating and closing doors.  Even our Township hall.

Not looking for a camping trip or crawling through the quigly again.  Giving standard orders and assaulting an objective... Just need a group of competent individuals who can secure a community and unite with others.  Basic weapon competence is the basis to build on.  But more important is conms and interpersonal skills... reliability in delivering what's needed, etc.   Organizing patrols/watch etc.

As a career officer, organizing, administration, and communicating don't scare me.  Dealing with idiots has always been an issue... Never learned to suffer fools.  Especially if they were higher in the chain than me.

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Hello fellow gun owners!
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Don't need one.  Where I live the community looks out for each other.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 5:02:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Liberty is icky
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 5:24:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Tuscola County.    Also a HAM (general).  Check in to the thumb net and Wolverine net a lot in the winter... Not so much in the summer.

I'm not plugged in outside of my kid's schools but that of course has been shut down since covid. Covid also crushed the search for a local church.

Lots of great ideas mixed with the typical arfcom troll crap and internet dick measuring.

Agree with the focus on community support and emergency response... Connecting with local governments... Volunteer fire etc... But the issue is since covid everyone is isolating and closing doors.  Even our Township hall.

Not looking for a camping trip or crawling through the quigly again.  Giving standard orders and assaulting an objective... Just need a group of competent individuals who can secure a community and unite with others.  Basic weapon competence is the basis to build on.  But more important is conms and interpersonal skills... reliability in delivering what's needed, etc.   Organizing patrols/watch etc.

As a career officer, organizing, administration, and communicating don't scare me.  Dealing with idiots has always been an issue... Never learned to suffer fools.  Especially if they were higher in the chain than me.

View Quote

The issue here is semantics.  Don't call it a Militia.  Call it a Neighboorhood watch, a chess club, anything but Militia.  

Better still, don't call it anything.  And don't try and ram a rigid structure onto people.  The less rules the better.  These aren't slick sleeves or butter bars.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ahh you might be interested in the Michigan Patriot Unified Radio Network.

We do weekly nets and mostly concentrate on emcomm and other preparedness topics.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mpurn/?ref=share

https://ke8bkd9.wixsite.com/mpurn
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 8:14:30 PM EDT
[#26]
The meeting for the community instant response service was poorly attended.  They made excuses - but several were probably valid.  I don't think money was the issue for most, but maybe for the meth heads.  Having day jobs and evening part time jobs was probably a bigger issue - time is a currency in short supply.  The we are a community and look out after our own was probably a major factor to.

The problem with that last one is as a community we might look out for one another, but we don't necessary train to be quick or efficient about it.  We don't have an established communication plan, we don't have a plan to rapidly get aid out to where it is needed.  As such, by the time we get off our asses, some other group is usually involved.

The best example I saw was my sister's church.  They organized a food drive for Harvey victims.  They got meals together and delivered them to an aid station in Houston - and watched the aid station throw them away (I can almost guarantee the aid station was getting federal money and wanted to keep their count up).  The aid station was not going to distribute food that was not prepared by their team.  My town also prepared food for victims, but we focused on Rockport.  We did it with conjunction of another larger group (the group provided food daily and we supplied food for 1 day).  We helped feed hundreds for over a week.  One group was organized before hand, the other was not.  

---
Now in all fairness, we have several local cooking groups - plus quite a few competitive cookers.  The groups do charity fundraising meals once or twice a week all year.  Same people, lots of different charities.  The  competitive cookers do a few competitions a year.  It was one of the state wide competitive BBQ associations that chose to do the Rockport food drive - so they had probably over 1k members lining up to cook.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 8:20:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Call it the neighborhood watch and avoid GD.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Not today Mr Fed Agent
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This pilot compsci major doesn't give a flying f about capitalization....  and yes I retired at 20 because the system wanted me to care about spell nazi crap.

But keep the ideas and dick measuring coming... it helps me get mentally prepared on how to weed out the idiots and trouble makers as I plot to unite my like minded community members.

View Quote

Oh well now I'm totally on board
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#30]
The problem with starting  one even when your completely legal is that every fat ass retard wants to join and then you have to deal with racist ,FBI,ATF  then your name being slammed by the southern poverty law center..Just get 20 good friends that you trust to start one then get some real training....DO EVERY THING LEGAL!!!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 8:57:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
First define Militia.  Grown men practicing survival skills in the woods like overgrown boy scouts...  Go prepair for TEOTWAWKI somewhere else.

They real question is can you pull of a group of individuals that are civically minded that want to organize in advance for disaster relief, but possibly add neighborhood disaster security to the list of things they do for the community.

Guess I think of things because I live in hurricane country.    

---
There is/was a group local to me that was talking about this.  I think they have pretty much given up even trying to talk about it already.  But my suggestion to them was essentially to become part of the volunteer fire department.
View Quote

Regarding the last part, me and a buddy who went down for Harvey experienced the same thing. We went as individuals unaffiliated with any group and returned home after wanting to organize for our area. Looking at the logistics, time commitment, funding, establishing good reliable members, the required credentials and training to even get into a disaster area was daunting.

Harvey was a great testament to the capabilities of “joe citizen” to get done what federal, state, and local government couldn’t or wouldn’t achieve. Butts were definitely hurt by the end of it, and every disaster since had sought to keep out citizen response groups.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:02:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Community is a necessary element of everyday survival, but organizing it for a more acute and immediate purpose is a matter of timing.  Just be trained and ready to lead when the time is right and the threat is imminent.
View Quote

You either have a group organized before hand or you do not. Training yourself and being ready to take charge is just another way of excusing yourself from doing anything now.

Organization does not necessarily mean military style training -- that might not even be desirable or legal -- just working together on anything difficult is better than nothing. I suggest following the Virginia Battle Buddies plan and forming an exercise group.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hello fellow gun owners!
View Quote

Arfcom is a collective of people afflicted boating accidents. There are no 2A things among us.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 1:04:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You either have a group organized before hand or you do not. Training yourself and being ready to take charge is just another way of excusing yourself from doing anything now.

Organization does not necessarily mean military style training -- that might not even be desirable or legal -- just working together on anything difficult is better than nothing. I suggest following the Virginia Battle Buddies plan and forming an exercise group.
View Quote

That isn't practical for a variety of reasons.  We are talking about average Americans.  Ain't nobody got time to cooperate, at least until there is a real threat, and only for a short season.  The VBB rallied around an acute threat.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 1:09:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Why not just use the militia as a honey pot ? Use it to throw a nice loving party for all the alphabet boys in the group?
View Quote

Now you’re thinkin’ fourth generation warfare...
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 1:12:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Can I be a colonel?
View Quote

I wanna be Colonel Angus...
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 1:13:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm a recently retired Military Officer, academy graduate, fan of the constitution, hater of the Fed, and the current income tax system (FairTax).   Lived in a small rural comunity just under a year now.  Plugged in to the local school by volunteering to coach robotics (I'm an electronics geek on top of guns and hunting)...

Thinking with all the COVID stuff, government controls, shut downs, isolation/quarantine.    Its time for patriots to unite, organize, and participate in local militias...  focus on serving the comunity first through emergency response and preparedness, then ready to organize a response to tyranny.

So what does the ARFCOM group mind think?   Are there any ready made organizations/guides etc for doing such?

ETA:  Updated my profile... after reading some responses... realized I forgot to update where I retired to (was stationed in VA, moved home: live in the Thumb of Michigan now).
View Quote

Nice try Mr ATFman.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top