Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 8:19:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You're not buying a handgun in nys without a current permit or current police or peace officer status.
There is always debate here on the forum as to whether LEOSA allows a retired LEO someone to move into NYS as a permanent resident and possess the handgun without a nys permit. I wouldn't care to be a test case.  NYS also has the safe act stuff to deal with for retirees, which is a whole 'nother ball of twine
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forgive me, I wasn’t clear. I meant as a resident of the state of NY, I think you need your permit in order to acquire a handgun. Maybe Tc556 can clarify, but I don’t think you can buy a gun with retiree credentials.

You're not buying a handgun in nys without a current permit or current police or peace officer status.
There is always debate here on the forum as to whether LEOSA allows a retired LEO someone to move into NYS as a permanent resident and possess the handgun without a nys permit. I wouldn't care to be a test case.  NYS also has the safe act stuff to deal with for retirees, which is a whole 'nother ball of twine

Interesting..... So if I retired and decided to move to upstate NY LEOSA wouldn’t allow me to possess any handguns to include the one I’m qualified with?
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 8:23:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Interesting read on a prickly subject. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 8:25:18 AM EDT
[#3]
A huge farce, and because they let morons (mostly lawyers) who have no clue about law enforcement, nor the carrying of firearms, draft the proposal and vote it in, and as always, the laws are ambiguous.  I truly believe that any legislative active should require the main participants to have specific knowledge about what they are trying to accomplish, before they act on it.

I'll stick with my CCP.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 8:26:55 AM EDT
[#4]
last i heard there was no credentialing program in effect for retired MAs so no way to get approval. has it changed since 2012 ?
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 8:26:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Punching out in 3.
Thanks for the read.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 8:29:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What are the perks over LEOSA? In TX I don’t open carry, so my LTC doesn’t benefit me there. I do like to buy and trade guns, skipping NICS is nice but not a deal breaker.
As I posted earlier, I can visit my home state of Illinois without having to research reciprocal agreements, and I can drive anywhere in the country confident that my 43x meets all state laws.
View Quote

LEOSA supposedly, allows the carry in all the states. I know both shitcago, and New York have come out and said they are not honoring it. I don't know if anyone has tested it yet in those hell holes. A California cop, some years ago, was arrested in Sturgis, following a shooting of a biker gang member in a fight. He was in jail a day or two before LEOSA came into play where he was allowed to be carrying, and had to be released without any charges.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 8:32:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We get nothing that says LEOSA from my agency.  I just show credentials if needed.

Ive been meaning to get my PA carry permit the last few months, but never have the time to get down there.
View Quote

Dude, to get your permit in Pa!  It takes about 20 minutes and $20 every 5 years!  
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 8:34:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ha! As if Republicans really give a shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing against LEOSA. Just wish there was a way for all law abiding Americans to legally carry concealed in all 50 states.

Agreed... National reciprocity missed by one vote under Obama....  I was sure trump would have thrown us a bone and done this and the hearing protection act.... especially when both houses were in the control of the GOP.
Ha! As if Republicans really give a shit.

No kidding!  It passed the house, but McConnell wouldn’t bring it up in the senate.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's right in the language of the legislation
View Quote

Could you cite and quote?  I can't find it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 8:41:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 8:51:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 8:57:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 8:59:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
last i heard there was no credentialing program in effect for retired MAs so no way to get approval. has it changed since 2012 ?
View Quote

@larsonous

Assuming you mean Navy MAs.

Navy LEOSA
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 9:04:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 10:00:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Call Tcole, they should have records of your time in LE. I think you can even get a retired ID through them if you qualify.

I am a retired peace officer, what must I do to be able to carry my handgun?

If you were a Texas state or local peace officer with a TCOLE license, you may
go to your last appointing agency, or any agency where you worked for 20yrs,
and apply for a Qualified Retired Law Enforcement Officer Firearms Certification
(QRLEO). Out-of-State/Federal/Military peace officer retirees will make
application directly to TCOLE for the Certification using the form on the website.
In brief, the Certification requires that you have at least 10 years of cumulative
honorable service, sign an affidavit stating that you are physically and
psychologically fit to properly use a handgun, meet the applicable policy at the
certifying agency, and perform the standard firearms qualification. See
Occupations Code 1701.357 for full information.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I spent a decade as a police officer in Texas. Quit in “97. Worked for 3 different agencies during that time.  None of those agencies will file LEOSA paperwork for me. One doesn’t even have records of when I worked there because city hall burned down a year or so after I left. I have my LTC which works well enough for my needs.  Still.  Wish I could have something from that time other than a bad back and bad knees.

Call Tcole, they should have records of your time in LE. I think you can even get a retired ID through them if you qualify.

and apply for a Qualified Retired Law Enforcement Officer Firearms Certification
application directly to TCOLE for the Certification using the form on the website.
In brief, the Certification requires that you have at least 10 years of cumulative
psychologically fit to properly use a handgun, meet the applicable policy at the

I contacted TCLEOSE them a few years ago and was told there was nothing they could do if an agency didn’t provide for LEOSA.  Is this new?
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 10:13:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Special laws for the King's Men? Yeah no. How about you stop fueling BLM with special snowflake shit like this?
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 10:37:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 10:41:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Mil has special privileges too that thr commom person can't get.
View Quote

What special mil privilege restores a stolen constitutional right, like this does?

FYI while subject to the UCMJ, you have far fewer rights than joe blow.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 12:03:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

18 U.S. Code §?926C.Carrying of concealed firearms by qualified retired law enforcement officers

(c)As used in this section, the term “qualified retired law enforcement officer” means an individual who—
(1)separated from service in good standing from service with a public agency as a law enforcement officer;
(2)before such separation, was authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of, or the incarceration of any person for, any violation of law, and had statutory powers of arrest or apprehension under section 807(b) of title 10, United States Code (article 7(b) of the Uniform Code of Military Justice);
(3)
(A)before such separation, served as a law enforcement officer for an aggregate of 10 years or more; or
(B)separated from service with such agency, after completing any applicable probationary period of such service, due to a service-connected disability, as determined by such agency;
View Quote

Okay, I'll grant you that for retired, even though it doesn't say "commissioned" verbatim.  But that only applies to LEOSA for retired LEOs.  There is no corresponding requirement for non-retired LEOSA qualification.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 1:29:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Federal law trumps nj law
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
even with LEOSA you'd probably still get thrown in jail if caught with a gun NJ

We all know the stellar track record of states honoring Federal law, say for immigration for instance
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Okay, I'll grant you that for retired, even though it doesn't say "commissioned" verbatim.  But that only applies to LEOSA for retired LEOs.  There is no corresponding requirement for non-retired LEOSA qualification.
View Quote

What exactly are you disputing.
A current officer will qualifying at whatever interval the agency sets.
Agencies qualify current officers for obvious reasons. Plenty of case law on the issue, and some states seem to have it codified in law
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yep, everyone should qualify for a VA loan and the GI Bill too, right? No need to actually join the military. If LEOSA was the only way to carry a weapon it would be worth getting upset over, but there are alternatives, often cheaper, than LEOSA. I would love to see a nationwide concealed carry program for all, but until then view LEOSA as a blue print and not something to be hated on. Build a nationwide program than will meet the need of every state. Some places have shooting requirements, some have education requirements, where I am in Washington state only requires a background check and $53 for every 5 years.

One thing is for certain, anyone that worked in LE for 10+years has more than completed any education requirement for weapons carrying, in any state. And more over that education was documented and can likely be proven in court. These types of discussions invariably end up with one person shouting "God given right to carrry", one saying "I want what he has" and another saying "Don't hate the player, hate the game".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LEOSA= rules for thee but not for me. It has always irked me. I don't believe that chosen profession should grant you extra rights.

Yep, everyone should qualify for a VA loan and the GI Bill too, right? No need to actually join the military. If LEOSA was the only way to carry a weapon it would be worth getting upset over, but there are alternatives, often cheaper, than LEOSA. I would love to see a nationwide concealed carry program for all, but until then view LEOSA as a blue print and not something to be hated on. Build a nationwide program than will meet the need of every state. Some places have shooting requirements, some have education requirements, where I am in Washington state only requires a background check and $53 for every 5 years.

One thing is for certain, anyone that worked in LE for 10+years has more than completed any education requirement for weapons carrying, in any state. And more over that education was documented and can likely be proven in court. These types of discussions invariably end up with one person shouting "God given right to carrry", one saying "I want what he has" and another saying "Don't hate the player, hate the game".

Man I don't understand how you guys make leaps like that and it's a bad argument tactic but I'll try and address your points.

I am not talking about the GI Bill just like I don't have a problem with cop specific pensions. Every job has different benefits and programs associated with it. There's all kinds of weird stuff out there I wasn't aware of but LEOSA is the one we are discussing here. I am not aware of any similar program in terms bypassing state laws.

I don't understand your view it as a blue print comment. Is it being used to leverage nationwide ccw? That is certainly not my perception and as mentioned it actually hurts our cause in my opinion as it removes a huge chunk of people from having any interest in furthering the cause.

I agree that cops have been educated to the level of most ccw level classes. That's easy to do. We all know that weapons training is low on the priority list for cops with the exception of special teams type officers. These discussions definitely devolve but I think they're important. I think that bullshit should be called out regardless of where it lies. It's a pretty complicated discussion and the idea that a privilege needs to be stripped from the few to possible help the many obtain the same privilege is a crappy deal all around and certainly not a position I take lightly or without thought. I have never considered myself anti cop and don't want them punished or provoked. I truly believe that it's one of many things that is slowly eroding our rights and in the long term will not be in anyone's best interest. By granting special rights and segregating us it just makes it easier to grind us down.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

LEOSA supposedly, allows the carry in all the states. I know both shitcago, and New York have come out and said they are not honoring it. I don't know if anyone has tested it yet in those hell holes. A California cop, some years ago, was arrested in Sturgis, following a shooting of a biker gang member in a fight. He was in jail a day or two before LEOSA came into play where he was allowed to be carrying, and had to be released without any charges.
View Quote
Every time I go to NY I carry. But concealed means concealed.
Only time I had any issue was when they wouldn't let me into the Empire State Building because I was carrying.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 3:25:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are the perks over LEOSA? In TX I don’t open carry, so my LTC doesn’t benefit me there. I do like to buy and trade guns, skipping NICS is nice but not a deal breaker.
As I posted earlier, I can visit my home state of Illinois without having to research reciprocal agreements, and I can drive anywhere in the country confident that my 43x meets all state laws.

What is your source that says Chicago will not honor LEOSA? I’ve carried under LEOSA in Chicago many times. Even bullshitted with Chicago cops about it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

We all know the stellar track record of states honoring Federal law, say for immigration for instance
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
even with LEOSA you'd probably still get thrown in jail if caught with a gun NJ

It’s another animal when you enforce a law that doesn’t exist, rather than refuse to enforce a law.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

That would be 926b

subdivision thereof, an individual who is a qualified law enforcement officer and who is carrying the identification required by subsection (d) may carry a concealed firearm that has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, subject to subsection (b).
(b)This section shall not be construed to supersede or limit the laws of any State that—
(1)permit private persons or entities to prohibit or restrict the possession of concealed firearms on their property; or
(2)prohibit or restrict the possession of firearms on any State or local government property, installation, building, base, or park.
(c)As used in this section, the term “qualified law enforcement officer” means an employee of a governmental agency who—
(1)is authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of, or the incarceration of any person for, any violation of law, and has statutory powers of arrest or apprehension under section 807(b) of title 10, United States Code (article 7(b) of the Uniform Code of Military Justice);
(2)is authorized by the agency to carry a firearm;
(3)is not the subject of any disciplinary action by the agency which could result in suspension or loss of police powers;
(4)meets standards, if any, established by the agency which require the employee to regularly qualify in the use of a firearm;
(5)is not under the influence of alcohol or another intoxicating or hallucinatory drug or substance; and
(6)is not prohibited by Federal law from receiving a firearm.
(d)The identification required by this subsection is the photographic identification issued by the governmental agency for which the individual is employed that identifies the employee as a police officer or law enforcement officer of the agency.
(e)As used in this section, the term “firearm”—
(1)except as provided in this subsection, has the same meaning as in section 921 of this title;
(2)includes ammunition not expressly prohibited by Federal law or subject to the provisions of the National Firearms Act; and
(3)does not include—
(A)any machinegun (as defined in section 5845 of the National Firearms Act);
(B)any firearm silencer (as defined in section 921 of this title); and
(C)any destructive device (as defined in section 921 of this title).
(f)For the purposes of this section, a law enforcement officer of the Amtrak Police Department, a law enforcement officer of the Federal Reserve, or a law enforcement or police officer of the executive branch of the Federal Government qualifies as an employee of a governmental agency who is authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of, or the incarceration of any person for, any violation of law, and has statutory powers of arrest or apprehension under section 807(b) of title 10, United States Code (article 7(b) of the Uniform Code of Military Justice).
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 4:49:06 PM EDT
[#29]
LEOs are normal civilians who are temporarily granted extra authority in line with their duties.  As soon as they are not on-duty they should be subject to ALL laws every other citizen has to follow.

Of course most LEOs will never agree to that, they like their extra privileges. Hell, a large percentage don't even consider themselves civilians.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I contacted TCLEOSE them a few years ago and was told there was nothing they could do if an agency didn’t provide for LEOSA.  Is this new?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I spent a decade as a police officer in Texas. Quit in “97. Worked for 3 different agencies during that time.  None of those agencies will file LEOSA paperwork for me. One doesn’t even have records of when I worked there because city hall burned down a year or so after I left. I have my LTC which works well enough for my needs.  Still.  Wish I could have something from that time other than a bad back and bad knees.

Well they should have reported your commission with each agency you worked for to the state. That should at least establish your time of service to establish the 10 year minimum service time. If they did not report that then it would be a problem.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 5:47:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 7:48:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Some examples of LEOSA cards.

https://i.imgur.com/x0ixegF.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/xmgaxwl.jpeg

http://www.ctpistolpermit.com/images/leosa/HR218(1).jpg
http://www.ctpistolpermit.com/images/leosa/HR218(2).jpg

https://isteam.wsimg.com/ip/28207bca-95cc-4b58-9e9f-22e664b794a8/ols/4_original/:/rs=w:600,h:600

https://dcs-leosa-production.s3.us-gov-west-1.amazonaws.com/gHk1VXVoMstuJtZKmuZ6EXEW?response-content-disposition=inline%3B%20filename%3D%22airforce-body-image.png%22%3B%20filename%2A%3DUTF-8''airforce-body-image.png&response-content-type=image%2Fpng&X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=ASIA3ACH4R6BFQWSHQUU%2F20200906%2Fus-gov-west-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20200906T213941Z&X-Amz-Expires=300&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Security-Token=FwoDYXdzEO%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2FwEaDNnp43GDG4BNqlehWyKnA87rwUTM%2FBOZf27qDeTT9WzrFQb1mhfRUDRuyvHxQTab8ozA30KGafDInxdTymcJvspFB2VdIqHeBRN9PiaWsjetZjNC9qvOi0py5sn67IYQIr0ymkiYQv%2BQHp8pgFQreTf1%2FbBra49nLENH0aFnD09S8wE8ZPDtLNZJaRl9%2BbIhrEc0OYaVqzxG4BasI%2FfOcvl7Jr932cs7lJEDAI4vuSlO5tX4HLucVGHCQJIiSPvuuzptL%2FcpFRojq7XoodCoDKJ%2BbCAbj%2Ba%2FSn04d3B%2FnfEJiTcrdRc1J5kh5O2nDeoeNFXQbg9JU4dHRaaEGw7dtArS1KtRRLQs%2BfRzZAyS5jtwTYLPRnKccNiabCNwe70nz3%2Fhr659bMejPGegSRHQhEjTpEwLkzY%2BenEXbIY1A08%2BjZGS0OLMHFUtx1xJmV8%2Bck3eD9DhoQrHZWBJz%2FNkRFJRKkoGEWO5gu%2FVwAjAX4GEwmoUgzYhtbeTWZkyAEE0WN3TCzmpFLrFG7uwNHKEsJkZbCf%2BotdoHyFyozOt9Lc2pb89ATKbIOXqAZ%2FS2UrLToIVudTEqijjnNT6BTI1PQoHNfuN6c12OErcjY%2BdwG7EiOE7yZMSjdH2pDBJW8e4ToNPgpP9Lr%2FQSU%2FuK83PG64ylco%3D&X-Amz-Signature=09c49d9f3377af5c12413f11c8449982960cfc712ddebb325a6f024bf5d72755
View Quote

I'm still trying to figure out why you wont live by the laws of the average FL resident. Guess, I'll have to wait until you have a job that doesnt rely on the threat of force to pay your salary.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 7:57:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm still trying to figure out why you wont live by the laws of the average FL resident. Guess, I'll have to wait until you have a job that doesnt rely on the threat of force to pay your salary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some examples of LEOSA cards.

https://i.imgur.com/x0ixegF.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/xmgaxwl.jpeg

http://www.ctpistolpermit.com/images/leosa/HR218(1).jpg
http://www.ctpistolpermit.com/images/leosa/HR218(2).jpg

https://isteam.wsimg.com/ip/28207bca-95cc-4b58-9e9f-22e664b794a8/ols/4_original/:/rs=w:600,h:600

https://dcs-leosa-production.s3.us-gov-west-1.amazonaws.com/gHk1VXVoMstuJtZKmuZ6EXEW?response-content-disposition=inline%3B%20filename%3D%22airforce-body-image.png%22%3B%20filename%2A%3DUTF-8''airforce-body-image.png&response-content-type=image%2Fpng&X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=ASIA3ACH4R6BFQWSHQUU%2F20200906%2Fus-gov-west-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20200906T213941Z&X-Amz-Expires=300&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Security-Token=FwoDYXdzEO%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2FwEaDNnp43GDG4BNqlehWyKnA87rwUTM%2FBOZf27qDeTT9WzrFQb1mhfRUDRuyvHxQTab8ozA30KGafDInxdTymcJvspFB2VdIqHeBRN9PiaWsjetZjNC9qvOi0py5sn67IYQIr0ymkiYQv%2BQHp8pgFQreTf1%2FbBra49nLENH0aFnD09S8wE8ZPDtLNZJaRl9%2BbIhrEc0OYaVqzxG4BasI%2FfOcvl7Jr932cs7lJEDAI4vuSlO5tX4HLucVGHCQJIiSPvuuzptL%2FcpFRojq7XoodCoDKJ%2BbCAbj%2Ba%2FSn04d3B%2FnfEJiTcrdRc1J5kh5O2nDeoeNFXQbg9JU4dHRaaEGw7dtArS1KtRRLQs%2BfRzZAyS5jtwTYLPRnKccNiabCNwe70nz3%2Fhr659bMejPGegSRHQhEjTpEwLkzY%2BenEXbIY1A08%2BjZGS0OLMHFUtx1xJmV8%2Bck3eD9DhoQrHZWBJz%2FNkRFJRKkoGEWO5gu%2FVwAjAX4GEwmoUgzYhtbeTWZkyAEE0WN3TCzmpFLrFG7uwNHKEsJkZbCf%2BotdoHyFyozOt9Lc2pb89ATKbIOXqAZ%2FS2UrLToIVudTEqijjnNT6BTI1PQoHNfuN6c12OErcjY%2BdwG7EiOE7yZMSjdH2pDBJW8e4ToNPgpP9Lr%2FQSU%2FuK83PG64ylco%3D&X-Amz-Signature=09c49d9f3377af5c12413f11c8449982960cfc712ddebb325a6f024bf5d72755

Wow, if you don't like it then go work in LE and get that same benefit
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Drama queen
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Well they should have reported your commission with each agency you worked for to the state. That should at least establish your time of service to establish the 10 year minimum service time. If they did not report that then it would be a problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TCLEOSE has the info on employment.  None of the departments will issue credentials for LEOSA purposes nor will they handle required firearms qualifications.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 6:24:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

National Reciprocity lost by two repub senate votes twice under Bush. It's not the cops fault civilians don't have national carry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed... National reciprocity missed by one vote under Obama....  I was sure trump would have thrown us a bone and done this and the hearing protection act.... especially when both houses were in the control of the GOP.

National Reciprocity lost by two repub senate votes twice under Bush. It's not the cops fault civilians don't have national carry.

I was pretty young then so out of the loop. Were the big police unions publicly behind it along with the actual officers and their respective organizations?
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:08:31 PM EDT
[#45]
If it was up to me leosa would be unnecessary because everyone (not bad guys) could carry.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 12:16:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Of course not. Wasn't their fight. The majority of ARFCOM was against it. No chance for it pass if gun owners didn't want it to pass.

NRA was 100% trying to get it passed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was pretty young then so out of the loop. Were the big police unions publicly behind it along with the actual officers and their respective organizations?

Of course not. Wasn't their fight. The majority of ARFCOM was against it. No chance for it pass if gun owners didn't want it to pass.

NRA was 100% trying to get it passed.

Why was Arf against it? Too much power to the feds? I’ve seen a couple similar arguments that make a lot of sense but at the end of the day we are still unable to freely exercise our rights.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 12:47:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

No kidding!  It passed the house, but McConnell wouldn’t bring it up in the senate.
View Quote

Remind me again why we voted them in...
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 6:40:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only reason I ever came up with is:

They are better than the alternative, as I hold my breath and reluctantly vote for “our” guy / girl with some stomach bile percolating in my throat.

Yeah. That’s all I have.....
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 6:44:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

TCLEOSE has the info on employment.  None of the departments will issue credentials for LEOSA purposes nor will they handle required firearms qualifications.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sucks, find a local academy, they might qual you.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top