BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Other than the collection factor or the cool factor of a G36, who wants a weapon that is a third tier 5.56 rifle?

Especially at the price point?
View Quote
I think the bigger take away is that they lost the contract for a new rifle. It's not going to put them in a coffin, but it's a bad look. It wouldn't surprise me if they pull a glock and sue.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Interesting....

https://i.imgur.com/2HsuRW9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3a3A6Bd.jpg

HK sold the SLB2000 design to Merkel and Haenel.

I have a SLB2000.
View Quote

Of course you do.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 8:39:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think the bigger take away is that they lost the contract for a new rifle. It's not going to put them in a coffin, but it's a bad look. It wouldn't surprise me if they pull a glock and sue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Other than the collection factor or the cool factor of a G36, who wants a weapon that is a third tier 5.56 rifle?

I think the worst part is that they aren't supporting their own defense industry. Various German officials have been pretty clear that they're somewhat ashamed of HK being German, so in that aspect, it's not surprising that they'd rather buy their dirty guns from someone that has ties outside of Germany.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I know you're just meming, but for the uninformed, this is factually untrue. Many of the G36 rifles they have are pretty worn out.
View Quote

Just memeing the German Army is a joke?

The Balts have more combat experience than the Bundeswehr.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Interesting. So they chose another German made AR-15 that has no real traction. If anything, you'd think they would've gone with the 416. Has a solid reputation and they already issue a number of them.

I'm going to assume that this may be contested and HK will eventually win. Kind of like the Colt vs FN vs Remington contract for the US Army.

Really assumed the 433 would've won.

Link Posted: 9/14/2020 8:44:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Also, just to clear things up a little since there's a lot of conflicting info about Haenel being Turkish, Jordanian, UAE, etc.

Their parent company is from the UAE, but my understanding is that Haenel guns are made in Thüringen, Germany. So the guns are still made in Germany, under a German brand, but with a foreign parent. In that respect, it's not so different than the US military having a love fest with FN, HK and Sig atm -- all of which are foreign held, though those aren't even American brands, for whatever that's worth.

This isn't their first gun to be sold to the German military, either. For at least a few years, the Bundeswehr's medium-range sniper rifle, the G29 is made by Haenel as well.

Link Posted: 9/14/2020 8:52:30 PM EDT
[#7]
It's just as good
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Interesting. So they chose another German made AR-15 that has no real traction. If anything, you'd think they would've gone with the 416. Has a solid reputation and they already issue a number of them.

I'm going to assume that this may be contested and HK will eventually win. Kind of like the Colt vs FN vs Remington contract for the US Army.

View Quote

The 433 is a sweet looking gun. Though it reminds me a LOT of the ACR and SCAR.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Germany is going pan-Arab faster that predicted. Even if made in Germany is part of the deal, profit going to UAE is just ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:05:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I hope NATO reexamines it's nuclear sharing policy before West Turkey goes full snackbar.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I had no idea that the Bunderswehr are poors.
View Quote

All the Euros.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#12]
That was always going to happen.  The German government HATES HK.  The G36 nonsense was part of that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:23:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I wonder if PSA competed in their trials?

Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
https://www.cg-haenel.de/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Haenel_Vollautomat_MK556_01.png

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/attachments/hk416-hk417-hq/135969d1502816875-hk-433-review-hk-433-heckler-koch-linke-seite.jpg
View Quote

Why buy a 416 when you can get something similar, for less money, and was designed by the people behind the 416, Sig 516, and the MCX?
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Thanks for the pic. Beautiful carbine.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That was always going to happen.  The German government HATES HK.  The G36 nonsense was part of that.
View Quote

Every German I've worked with states side also has expressed their distaste with HK still being in business. Seems they feel the German people shouldn't be making dirty weapons.

It's a damn shame.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:31:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Keymod lives!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:31:41 PM EDT
[#18]
So they fucked up and put a piston in it?
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:32:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Then we'll just steal their talent, leaving a brain drained craphole husk of a company.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really think HK is going to do what Sig did. Move more and more of their production to the US. A lot of the reasons we don't get guns like the G36, UMP, and so on is because of how restrictive the German govt is with German arms makers. HK wants to sell the US market PCC versions of the G36 and others but because those are made in German it is very hard to export them. HK has a factory in Columbus, GA. Hopefully they will expand and start making more stuff here.

They can't just move those guns to the US, IIRC German law won't even let them export the technical data package needed to make their own black rifles unless it is for military sales. Otherwise they must design the gun overseas. Pistols can go, but not the rifles.

Kharn

Then we'll just steal their talent, leaving a brain drained craphole husk of a company.

Doubt German law prevents Chinese spies from "exporting" German weapon data packages.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:34:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
How the fuck does Steyr-Rheinmetall not win this?
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/1RS556-1.jpg

View Quote

Because it’s horrendous and doesn’t take advantage of any of the other performance increases that the last decade of technology has offered?
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:40:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because vee are Hah und Kah and you suck
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:44:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Musta been cheap, lower bid for knock off 416’s wins.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:47:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Keymod lives!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:52:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Maybe they will focus on civilian sales
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/14/2020 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#26]
How do you pronounce the name?

I hope it doesn't rhyme with anal.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Soon to be a joglee thread.

Fuck you HK!
View Quote

Sadly I'm way out of the loop currently.

Having to be a stay at home dad since COVID has kept me super busy. My 2 yr old is very demanding when it comes to her schedule, and by the time I can make threads now days someone else has usually.

@Screehjet1
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I don't buy guns made by my enemies. I'd rather support my own countries businesses. HK is now made in USA depending upon what gun. So is Glock.
View Quote

Except it's made with imported stuff.

You think Glock is 100% Made here? Lol.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#29]
so they are buying clones of the Hk416 now?

LOL
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 1:30:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Doubt German law prevents Chinese spies from "exporting" German weapon data packages.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really think HK is going to do what Sig did. Move more and more of their production to the US. A lot of the reasons we don't get guns like the G36, UMP, and so on is because of how restrictive the German govt is with German arms makers. HK wants to sell the US market PCC versions of the G36 and others but because those are made in German it is very hard to export them. HK has a factory in Columbus, GA. Hopefully they will expand and start making more stuff here.

They can't just move those guns to the US, IIRC German law won't even let them export the technical data package needed to make their own black rifles unless it is for military sales. Otherwise they must design the gun overseas. Pistols can go, but not the rifles.

Kharn

Is it exporting if you have it backed up to Dropbox and it somehow restores when you start your new job in the US instead of Germany?
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 12:00:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Also, just to clear things up a little since there's a lot of conflicting info about Haenel being Turkish, Jordanian, UAE, etc.

Their parent company is from the UAE, but my understanding is that Haenel guns are made in Thüringen, Germany. So the guns are still made in Germany, under a German brand, but with a foreign parent. In that respect, it's not so different than the US military having a love fest with FN, HK and Sig atm -- all of which are foreign held, though those aren't even American brands, for whatever that's worth.

This isn't their first gun to be sold to the German military, either. For at least a few years, the Bundeswehr's medium-range sniper rifle, the G29 is made by Haenel as well.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbSB-t-WAAAbV8N.jpg
View Quote

This.  It's painful to hear people keep repeating what is clearly available on Wikipedia.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 12:27:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
How the fuck does Steyr-Rheinmetall not win this?
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/1RS556-1.jpg

View Quote

That AUG AR hybrid was damn neat looking but with the monolithic upper and the barrel quick change mounting, it had to be significantly more expensive than the haenel or the HK.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top