Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 8:44:44 PM EDT
[#1]
FM converter for your car radio.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 8:45:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Life without a cell phone.

When you left the house, you were gone and would be back when you got home.
You usually couldn't leave a message, unless I was wealthy enough to have an answering machine.
Your mom, dad, or boss couldn't call you or text you and demand to know why you didn't return the call

I was born 20 years too late.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Oh thats pure nostalgia right there. There was huge, multi story one of those at the Ocean City Boardwalk, would ride it every summer.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:24:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Red pistachios.

Think about it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We had one of these at our elementary school.
Know of at least 1 kid that broke his forearm, 3rd grade, 1974

https://i.imgur.com/LXLNSNOh.png
View Quote

We had those.

But we also lived in a desert, so they were burning hot.

We also had metal slides in the neighborhood parks that we had to wear pants during the 110+ degree summers to ride with a towel under you because kids got burned when their legs slipped off and hit the metal. Nearing 120 degrees the wooden play structures started oozing preservatives
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:30:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#7]

In summer camp, we played dodgeball with Frisbees, while also incorporating soccer goals for a points system. The most fun sport I've ever played.

Then, one year, some moron replaced the soft frisbees with hard disc golf discs...a girl I knew nearly lost an eye within the day, and the sport was canceled forever.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:37:10 PM EDT
[#8]

I have one of those.

I have to say old mechanical toys of any kind, and ones that were actually made out of metal. nd in the USA..  Especially windup stuff that did not need those damn new fangled battery's to run on.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:37:51 PM EDT
[#9]
holter tops no bra
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Cell phones w FM radios in them...
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:48:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Before 1968 Gun Control Act, you could have your gun shipped right through the mail to you too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://i.cbc.ca/1.4536332.1518670673!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_780/darling-pet-monkey.jpg

Kid in my neighborhood got one of these. The kid's father found out he was hiding it in the basement. He tried to wrangle it and got bitten a few times. They're not as the ad portrays. They are much larger. It was quite the affair.

Man thats crazy; they shipped a live monkey through the mail?

Before 1968 Gun Control Act, you could have your gun shipped right through the mail to you too.

Get a live monkey through the mail is 100% crazier then a gun.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
holter tops no bra
View Quote
Halter top.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Moto is what you seek.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fireflies.  I haven't seen one in 20 years.
View Quote

Really? Do you live in a city? I see them every year still.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:56:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Jetex solid fuel rocket motors and the airplane, car, and boat model kits to go with them.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:00:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/269250/22f2735a6ea35ef4c9e05889e02da545_jpg-1714149.JPG

This brings back some painful childhood memories, lol. 6 people in the middle, each pushing on a bar could really get those things spinning fast.
View Quote
I removed saying, "hey, I'm going to ride under it.  I'll hang on and you guys start going." A few revolutions later I tried to "time" rolling out. Still missing some under my shoulder blade. Kept my mouth shut, 3rd grade bitches!
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Ninjas
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:11:45 PM EDT
[#18]
The training rifle I still have mine got it in the 60s for christmas,  the wood bullet that slides inside the bolt to look real. 8 track tape player i still have my Pioneer and tapes from 70s.  Fm converter to.  I also have the lever action with the metal scope I got the year after the training rifle  both have the stickers on them.. oh the germans we nailed with them when we were about 8 yrs old .  wore dads and uncles WWII shirts and hats when we played ammo belts still have one uncle carried in N Africa and dads from Germany WWII.  WE played outside all day and till way after dark and lived no computer hell what was that.

MINI SKIRTS  Wife got best dressed in high school 1972...she had the shortest skirt ask her about that this week together 42 years now.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:25:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Same here but only thing I saw was busted teeth and chins from falling.  It was okay we still had baby teeth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We had one of these at our elementary school.
Know of at least 1 kid that broke his forearm, 3rd grade, 1974

https://i.imgur.com/LXLNSNOh.png

Same here but only thing I saw was busted teeth and chins from falling.  It was okay we still had baby teeth.

My nose is slightly crooked from falling off the one on our playground, lol.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:30:48 PM EDT
[#20]
came to post wind wings are the shit.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 5:29:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Jetex solid fuel rocket motors and the airplane, car, and boat model kits to go with them.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Vsmjw7U7VBQ/maxresdefault.jpg
View Quote

My Dad told me about jetex. I would always try and find them at RC show swap meets to no avail. I did find a jetex model in a shop in st louis but no engines.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:30:06 AM EDT
[#22]
The big multi lane speedway slot car tracks.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/137980/225969_Rear_3-4_Web_jpg-1714247.JPG

There were two in my neighborhood when I was growing up.
View Quote

Someone in my neighborhood still has two of them. On a nice weekend afternoon I’ll see him drive by in one. Always see him go by in the other about an hour later.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#24]
When't the last time you've seen a kid riding a bike outside of his own immediate neighborhood?
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 9:52:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
They still do, some of them. The headphone wire acts as an antenna.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 9:54:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Wow! Sock it to me!
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#27]

Patriotism everywhere.

Couldn't find a pic, used to see LOTS of tables at restaurants with cigarette burns on the edges where people laid their cigarette down while eating and it got onto the table. Same for pool tables and lots of other things.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 9:58:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Kids riding their bikes with .22s or shotguns across the handlebars.

None of us had slings!
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You usually couldn't leave a message, unless I was wealthy enough to have an answering machine.
Your mom, dad, or boss couldn't call you or text you and demand to know why you didn't return the call
View Quote
As a 50 year-old “Grumpy Old Man Trainee,” I must confess that I don’t understand this attitude.
I mean, you do know that you don’t have to answer the phone if it rings... or even turn it on, for that matter, right?
As for people demanding things...  go to a garage sale, buy an old pair of balls (we used to have those), and tell them to fuck off.

Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:35:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
When't the last time you've seen a kid riding a bike outside of his own immediate neighborhood?
View Quote

How can you spot a kid on a bike and know from which neighborhood he or she lives?
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Red pistachios.

Think about it.
View Quote

Then fingers, tongue, etc
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#33]

When I was a little kid there was a cigarette machine in the local Sunoco gas station. We would wait for the attendant to go out to the pumps (no self service back then), slip in two quarters and have our pack of cigs!   That was in the mid '60s.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:56:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Hell yeah. I had a millennial tell me he's never seen a bush in the wild. WTF man.
View Quote
Lucky man
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

How can you spot a kid on a bike and know from which neighborhood he or she lives?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, most of us know the kids in our own neighborhoods. And, it's not unusual to see (very small) kids circling around a driveway or in front of house under the close oversight of what are obviously parents.

And, a kid driving a bike through a commercial area or parked outside of a convenience store probably doesn't live there.

I didn't think this was rocket science.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#37]
I think that's a local thing, kids ride bikes all over here.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I think that's a local thing, kids ride bikes all over here.
View Quote

Ethiopian kids have always been a bit more independent.

It's in the U.S. where I noticed I don't ever see it anymore. Might just be where I live.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Ethiopian kids have always been a bit more independent.

It's in the U.S. where I noticed I don't ever see it anymore. Might just be where I live.
View Quote

Haha. Yeah Addis is pretty bike friendly
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Public Hangings
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#42]
My dick
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#43]

I have seen 1 my whole life in the wild.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Fair elections and politicians with any sense of honesty
View Quote

The latter has never existed. History shows that politicians have always been crooked and politics had always been a nasty game.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:37:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Young women with a good head. Now it’s young whores. Rare to see good young women anymore.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

yep. i fought getting one when they became common in the late 90s for exactly that reason, knowing my boss would abuse the hell out of it. which he did, do i just turned it off a lot. these days, it gets left at home sometimes when  i leave.

Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:50:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Never mind, this is always cool.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 9:19:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Well, most of us know the kids in our own neighborhoods. And, it's not unusual to see (very small) kids circling around a driveway or in front of house under the close oversight of what are obviously parents.

And, a kid driving a bike through a commercial area or parked outside of a convenience store probably doesn't live there.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess it is rocket science, because it doesn't really work like around here. Kids ride bikes, dirt bikes, and four wheelers pretty much where ever. Except in the city, where they just ride bikes everywhere. We don't really have "neighborhoods" per se around here so I am so sorry for my inability to relate and the stupid question
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top