Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't think there's any argument to be had as to why people are shifting apps.
And yes, when people believe they are "safe" from govt spying they will use such app to "plot".

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The big influx of people to signal isn't because people are using it to plot anything. It's because people are fleeing whatsapp due to them selling your chats to facebook or because people want a little more protection from cancel culture.

I don't think there's any argument to be had as to why people are shifting apps.
And yes, when people believe they are "safe" from govt spying they will use such app to "plot".

This is utter bullshit.

Quoted for posterity.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:17:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This is utter bullshit.

Quoted for posterity.
View Quote

Very nearly everything he has posted has been utter bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:19:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You were doing so well, until you typed out this sentence.

ROLCON.

Believe nothing OP says, this entire thread account is a psyop attempt to dissuade the right from using encryption. Why would this kid name himself CryptoKnight and then start a thread about how using encryption is compromised and useless? Someone page Norcal for an IP check. Guarantee you he's behind proxies.

Not saying Signal is secure, either.
View Quote

A "psyop"? That alone is fairly telling.
Nobody said to not use encryption. Feel free to highlight that if they did.
NorCal_LEO? Using LEO resources again?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Very nearly everything he has posted has been utter bullshit.
View Quote

You'll get no argument on that from me.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:20:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

AES-256 is currently believed to be quantum-resistant, isn't it? In order for the feds to break AES-256 with quantum computing, they would have to 1) create a quantum computer several orders of magnitude more powerful than anything the private sector has created, and 2) create a novel technique for breaking it. Either one of those is potentially possible, but both together seems unlikely.

Besides, imagine if the government had done this. The government would be able to read every piece of information the Chinese and the Russians produce, for the next decade or two (or however long it takes the rest of the planet to catch up with their magic computer). That's the kind of breakthrough that they wouldn't tip their hand on. Even if people were planning assassinations of elected officials, it's far more likely that the NSA would consider those officials expendable in order to keep their technological advantage. They aren't going to disclose that they have broken cryptography in order to arrest a guy with a 30-round magazine in New York.

View Quote
Its not known to have a shortcut vulnerability. So even when q computing gets powerful enough to brute force 256. Increasing the key size provides a significant increase in the time it takes to force.

Its not q computing proof but it is resistant and effectively scalable.  Barring an undisclosed exploit, which as noted would be among a nations highest level secrets.

Consumer grade aes isn't vastly different than government grade supposedly, they just lock down more potential exploits, a lot of them being on the hardware side of things, is my understanding.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:22:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ironic user name is ironic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Warning for those who use the Signal app.

The recent National Terror Threat Warning released by the Fed comes from them analyzing comms of the Signal app. Yes, the Fed can look inside all that "weak" encrypted stuff!

Ironic user name is ironic.

It takes some sophisticated Crypto algorithms with a large key to get past NSA.

They also do not advertise what algorithms they can break.
I know nothing though.
At least that I am allowed to say in public.

What compartments in SCI anyone has access to is often as classified as the compartments themselves.
There are thousands of compartments that do not exist outside a SCIF.

Even their name is classified.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

AES-256  

View Quote

Just "AES-256" ?
GCM or CBC or other ?

Just curious.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

He's asking if the feds are able to read your messages directly without using your phone or the other guy's phone to do it.
View Quote

Back a few pages, that's the jist of it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You said "Signal" which is an app. Which is what I am referring to.
View Quote

The app has layers. I am guessing there's no buffer flow issue in the code, maybe there is, dunno about any zero days, the Fed might know though.
The encryption layer (module) is no match for the Fed.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Jokes on the FEDs. Everything I've put across signal is faker than Pam Anderson's clean STD test.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:28:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Fuck it. I'll take a crack at it.

Are you suggesting that somebody employed by the federal government can read the plaintext of a specific end-to-end encrypted message sent via Signal?
View Quote

You don't even need to mention "Signal" in your statement.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:28:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You missing the point.

1st off, it's illegal to spy.
2nd, people believe the available public encryption is unbreakable, it's not.
3rd, the Fed is ramping up rhetoric so when it acts for no good reason, at least they warned you ahead of time.

Using encryption is like protecting your gun collection with a keyed doorknob on that hollow wood door. All it does is slow things down and offers no real protection. ;)
View Quote

What if we start communicating in pig Latin, will that throw them off of the scent?  
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:28:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
People actually think they can plot against the gov on the internet and not get ass fucked?

The internet is no fun anymore. Let’s go back to discussing 9 vs 45. beans vs no beans.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:29:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I need to run now, literally.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The app has layers. I am guessing there's no buffer flow issue in the code, maybe there is, dunno about any zero days, the Fed might know though.
The encryption layer (module) is no match for the Fed.
View Quote
But you said that you never suggested the crypto has been broken?

So either you're full of shit and can't keep your story straight, or they are compromising individual devices and collecting data before or after encryption/decryption.  Which of course is the far easier path.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:30:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm sure encryption at the user level is good 99% of the time.  The other would be obvious.  With thousands of Americans switching to Signal based on Elon Musk's recommendations you can bet the NSA is going to start watching and listening.  Follow the money er traffic.  That 1% of the time when user level encryption fails, will it be enough for the Feeb's to get a search warrant?  You can bet that day is coming after posting a huge public warning about terrorist groups.  Just building up that PC for the warrant and now they have justified the spying and public warning.   We know what happens with  warrants, you hit one place and now you have some more PC for a new warrant.  One warrant turns into 2 and now it's 3 and now it's 4.  Club Fed is full and they need a new one.  
kwg
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:30:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Well, cops and our clan do go hand in hand.
Seriously, there are a ton of cops posting in GD right now, and many more reading it.
Quoted:
I need to run now, literally.
You'd better run.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ROLCON.

Believe nothing OP says, this entire thread account is a psyop attempt to dissuade the right from using encryption. Why would this kid name himself CryptoKnight and then start a thread about how using encryption is compromised and useless? Someone page Norcal for an IP check. Guarantee you he's behind proxies.

33 posts here and you know that norcal is NorCal_LEO - so what was your last screen name?

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm getting too old for this shit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:37:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It takes some sophisticated Crypto algorithms with a large key to get past NSA.

They also do not advertise what algorithms they can break.
I know nothing though.
At least that I am allowed to say in public.

What compartments in SCI anyone has access to is often as classified as the compartments themselves.
There are thousands of compartments that do not exist outside a SCIF.

Even their name is classified.
View Quote
There are new algorithms coming. Some are essentially unbreakable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-quantum_cryptography
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Salt water evaporators casualty, ETR unknown.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

33 posts here and you know that norcal is NorCal_LEO - so what was your last screen name?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ROLCON.

I'm getting a Bullet_Sponge vibe from him.....definitely a glowie.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#23]
So OP can't back shit up. In his mind, people use Signal and the feds issued a terror alert, therefore Signal has been compromised.

Truly a dizzying intellect.

OP, has it ever occurred to you that it could have been something else that led to the terror warning, including nothing at all? Especially since in the very same warning the gov intentionally conflagrated the 1/6 riots with the left wing riots that have occurred over the summer and fall?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:45:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This post is enough to discount you as a know-nothing.

There is precisely nothing that is more secure about communications done on an old phone than ones done via Signal.
View Quote

Honestly, this is true. More accurate to say that nothing is secure than to recommend dumb phones without encrypted messages.

This is pretty simple guys.. Disagree and prove me wrong but modern encryption used by signal or other comparable options isn't worth the TIME (with current known tech) to break. Access to information is gained by other methods. Like key logging etc.

Can they theoretically break modern encryption? Yes. But that's like saying a theif can pick the lock on your front door, but why would they? There is easy access ( easily broken glass window on door) right next to lock..
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is there a better app?
View Quote

Session would be one to look at.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:50:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

he's disinfo, so neither
View Quote

I'm going with this.

In fact, with the recent events, new administration, de-platforming, etc it would not surprise me at for some junior G-man to cook up the idea of a disinfo campaign for apps that they actually do have trouble with.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No worries, I'll get into the Tech forums soon.
Just wanted to throw out this warning to those who use Signal app.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Greetings fellow enthusiast.

No worries, I'll get into the Tech forums soon.
Just wanted to throw out this warning to those who use Signal app.
Translation:  we need to scare users off signal because we are not able to intercept and read that traffic.

, Big Gov
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ROLCON.

My money is on guzzlecumferdatch.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:04:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Can they theoretically break modern encryption? Yes. But that's like saying a theif can pick the lock on your front door, but why would they? There is easy access ( easily broken glass window on door) right next to lock..
View Quote

More appropriately, why does the thief need to hack your alarm system when he can look through the window and see you input the code?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm going with this.

In fact, with the recent events, new administration, de-platforming, etc it would not surprise me at for some junior G-man to cook up the idea of a disinfo campaign for apps that they actually do have trouble with.

View Quote

In the end that will just drive the development  even more secure apps.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:07:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:11:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Oh crap, the feds will find out the SO wants me to stop at the store for eggs...

Seriously Mr justice department Moe, eavesdrop away.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:11:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Disinformation campaign.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

OP isn't wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not convinced by Mr. First Post's stunning mathematical analysis and security credentials.

OP isn't wrong.
It's pretty comical to me, that anyone would think any communication on the internet, on any platform, could NOT be accessed by the Guvmint.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#37]

1. Screen Name

2. Join Date

3. Post Count

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:15:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Unless there is a backdoor in a given application, the .gov goes not have the resources to crack any respectable encryption. Unless there's has been some sort of mind blowing leap in the encryption breaking theory, it takes more processing power than is available on the planet to brute force through encryption in any reasonable time.

https://www.eetimes.com/how-secure-is-aes-against-brute-force-attacks/

A powerful enough quantum computer doesn't exist yet to tackle the problem either.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tomshardware.com/amp/news/quantum-computers-encryption-decades-researchers,38819.html
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:15:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
But you said that you never suggested the crypto has been broken?

So either you're full of shit and can't keep your story straight, or they are compromising individual devices and collecting data before or after encryption/decryption.  Which of course is the far easier path.
View Quote

No worries, keep watching Unsolved Mysteries.

A year ago Google's qubit platform solved a 10,000yr problem in 3min ! The fastest best supercomputer vs Google qubit.
You believe Google is ahead of the govt in computing? I will bet ya the govt is about 100-1000 better than anything Google has made public (just a hunch, wink wink).
Just saying the obvious.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/67738/google-quantum-computer-solves-issue-3-minutes-versus-10-000-years/index.html

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:15:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Not just Signal, all internet traffic is sifted through!
The Fed Terror warning coincides with the massive user increase with Signal app, and, Signal employees are stating they are worried the app will be used for bad things. But hey, you tell me what credible info the Fed got, and from where, to warrant the issuance of a National Terror Warning notice.

My personal opinion. I don't live in China, you?
View Quote

Given your experience, do you think there's any encryption that's safe?  
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#41]

Don't forget

4. Lack of a cogent point
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:18:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
oh look we're over 13k visitors on the site right now. huh.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:18:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Most of my Signal contacts are Federal Employees.

lol
View Quote

Goddamnit! Don't you know they can read the messages you send them?!
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Warning for those who use the Signal app.

The recent National Terror Threat Warning released by the Fed comes from them analyzing comms of the Signal app. Yes, the Fed can look inside all that "weak" encrypted stuff!

View Quote

Doesn't surprise me.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:19:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:19:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
He's not wrong.

Signal / Telegram were subverted long ago.
View Quote

That's why I don't say anything on them other than hello to some friends lol.

Dark web forums are going to be the wave of the future. Learn how to access onions.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:20:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

33 posts after getting the golden ticket approval to login. "Norcal_LEO" is talked about in just about every forum out there, some in good ways, some not good ways. Not like anyone needs a login here to know "Norcal_LEO".

"He's baaaaaack? Thought he was gone for good?". Give it a rest already.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
oh look we're over 13k visitors on the site right now. huh.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/77166/29b0a2786124d0e62fc129b4202ea766_jpg-1800786.JPG

yeah pretty much what I thought too!
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top