Link Posted: 8/17/2024 6:32:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 3:08:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HRJ:

r u a magician?
View Quote

Share like normal, then delete this part.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/17/2024 4:10:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Hulley:

Damn that looks hawt! That wrap turned out amazing, love the strips.
View Quote

Thank you!

Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

Share like normal, then delete this part.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59505/Capture_JPG-3296903.JPG

View Quote

Aha!
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 9:30:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Monterey Car Week. . . Werks Reunion

Oslo Blue:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The coolest color wrap that I saw.  It was incredible in person:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/19/2024 11:03:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 10:11:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HRJ] [#6]
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:24:56 PM EDT
[#8]
RALLY PORSCHE CAYMAN IN LAS VEGAS DUNES [BUILD BREAKDOWN]
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:42:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#10]
Amazing track day this weekend - PR’d my best time at ORP with a 1:52 clockwise on street tires (1:52, then 1:53, then 1:52 back to back). Figured out my tires need to run 30/31 PSI…My kinda-stock 992 911S (in the far back) was the fastest of this amazing bunch. A few 991 GT3RS’s, built 918 Cayman S, Cayman GTS, and my buddies built 997 S next to me….we were the only 2 of about 20 cars this weekend that didn’t arrive on a trailer, and I was the only one without a cage and 4-points. Still considering building vs moving to a GT3…..love the NA GT3 experience but the 992S is so capable…will be tuning it after this season (during the winter) and go from there....

Attachment Attached File

A few faster laps

Porsche Track 992 911S 1:52 1:53 & 1:52 laps ORP Oregon Raceway Park CW

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:43:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

Yellow bird is still the GOAT.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yep, and always worth reposting

Faszination on the Nürburgring - The RUF CTR "Yellowbird" | RUF Automobiles Canada | Weissach
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:00:04 AM EDT
[#12]

I’m dropping the GT3 off on Monday for a complete XPEL Stealth wrap. I’m thinking about adding these stripes to it as well. I think it will look great. Thanks for the push in the right direction.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337680/IMG_6046_jpeg-3282748.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337680/IMG_6047_jpeg-3282750.JPG

View Quote

Congrats, that’s badass!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:00:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By WWolfe:
Picked her up yesterday.  My avatar now checks out.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/489002/GTT_-_1__3__jpeg-3291781.JPG
View Quote

And congrats as well!!!  Dig it!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 10:16:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By BlackTaco:
Amazing track day this weekend - PR’d my best time at ORP with a 1:52 clockwise on street tires (1:52, then 1:53, then 1:52 back to back). Figured out my tires need to run 30/31 PSI…My kinda-stock 992 911S (in the far back) was the fastest of this amazing bunch. A few 991 GT3RS’s, built 918 Cayman S, Cayman GTS, and my buddies built 997 S next to me….we were the only 2 of about 20 cars this weekend that didn’t arrive on a trailer, and I was the only one without a cage and 4-points. Still considering building vs moving to a GT3…..love the NA GT3 experience but the 992S is so capable…will be tuning it after this season (during the winter) and go from there....

View Quote

In thinking about your "tune or buy" conundrum, I keep in mind something that I got told when I was a teenager, working for a guy that had been drag racing for decades at that point (and this was ~30 years ago): "Don't turn the car you use to get to work, into a race car."

If your 992 is your normal car, maybe a light tune is okay, but going to a cage and 4 points, racing buckets, etc, is going to make it NOT fun to live with. Imagine trying to get over the cage to run to the store for milk or making a lunch run from the office or wanting to go out to a nice dinner with the wife. Yeah, it might be fun to take to cars and coffee, but the neat factor is going to wear out after a couple of months of dealing with all the race car shit.

If you are on the quest for the best lap times, buying a GT car (optionally a RS variant or maybe even a Cup car) while keeping the S a bit more "mild" is the solution, IMO. If your 992 is your fun car, and your daily is something else entirely, sell it, and buy a GT3 or GT3RS. Going to be a hell of a lot easier and faster to approach the edge of the envelop with the GT platform vs the standard Carrera.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 1:58:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Not everyday you get to see your dream car, we’re consigning this one. 2011 GT3 RS 3.8 with only 3600 miles. Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:38:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By D_J:

What's the asking price?
View All Quotes
Not everyday you get to see your dream car, we’re consigning this one. 2011 GT3 RS 3.8 with only 3600 miles. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187410/IMG_7328_jpeg-3313107.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187410/IMG_7324_jpeg-3313108.JPG

What's the asking price?

Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#20]

You own this??
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#21]

What's the asking price?
View Quote

Don't know yet but hopefully tomorrow, we just got it today, Merritt Partners owns it. I'm guessing over $300k
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Not everyday you get to see your dream car, we’re consigning this one. 2011 GT3 RS 3.8 with only 3600 miles. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187410/IMG_7328_jpeg-3313107.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2024 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 4:29:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Braptor] [#24]
Ended up selling my 911 to a dealer around here. They have struggled to sell it and now have it listed for basically what they paid me. Dealer doing a horrible job advertising it - don't even mention CPO and Soul Exhaust/Cats in the ad.

PM if anyone wants the link to it.

*This is not an ad :)
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Uh oh… I’m about to do something dumb
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Uh oh… I’m about to do something dumb
View Quote

Well if it's buying another Porsche, is that really considered dumb?
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Well if it's buying another Porsche, is that really considered dumb?
View Quote

Good point

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#28]

Damn, that is beautiful, I swear the 991.2 is my favorite.

Link Posted: 9/7/2024 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Me too, this will be my third one. GT3 is sticking around BTW. She ain’t goin nowheres
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 1:03:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#30]
Originally Posted By The_Rock:

In thinking about your "tune or buy" conundrum, I keep in mind something that I got told when I was a teenager, working for a guy that had been drag racing for decades at that point (and this was ~30 years ago): "Don't turn the car you use to get to work, into a race car."

If your 992 is your normal car, maybe a light tune is okay, but going to a cage and 4 points, racing buckets, etc, is going to make it NOT fun to live with. Imagine trying to get over the cage to run to the store for milk or making a lunch run from the office or wanting to go out to a nice dinner with the wife. Yeah, it might be fun to take to cars and coffee, but the neat factor is going to wear out after a couple of months of dealing with all the race car shit.

If you are on the quest for the best lap times, buying a GT car (optionally a RS variant or maybe even a Cup car) while keeping the S a bit more "mild" is the solution, IMO. If your 992 is your fun car, and your daily is something else entirely, sell it, and buy a GT3 or GT3RS. Going to be a hell of a lot easier and faster to approach the edge of the envelop with the GT platform vs the standard Carrera.
View All Quotes

@The_Rock

Thank you! Yeah, it’s not a daily driver, it’s last on the list of 6 cars between the wife and I. I’ve never even driven it to work, in now almost 2 years….it’s mainly used as a track car first, and then a fun Saturday/Sunday car 2nd, and that’s pretty much it….I put about 3K miles on it a year, and most of those are driving to/from the track that’s 3 hours away. I’m not 100% committed to a race car/cup car - but I keep watching the auctions for them. I just don’t have the time in my life right now to worry about trailering the car, and dealing with everything that goes along with that.
So for now, I just drive to the track, get poked fun at for being the grocery-getting kid-hauler with back seats, but lay down some respectful lap times, which continue to puzzle me, in my opinion- doesn’t make sense to move to an older GT model….and the new 992 GT3RS is $275K….too much to wad up in a wall, wouldn’t have as much fun worrying.
I absolutely love the NA GT3 engine, but if I sold my 992S and moved to a 991 GT3, it would most likely be slower (doesn’t tune like the 3.0TT) and I’d be pretty upset going down in last times with a GT car…I’m really leaning towards tuning and now not a stage 2, but stage 3 power with intercooler and changing the track game for my 992….
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 1:05:20 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

This definitely needs some track time….crazy, poor car.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 1:13:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Just had $6K in wear parts just delivered ready to go on after this season here shortly

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 1:36:14 PM EDT
[#33]

I plan to drive and put a shitload of miles on anything I own.
View Quote

This is the way.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#34]

@The_Rock

Thank you! Yeah, it’s not a daily driver, it’s last on the list of 6 cars between the wife and I. I’ve never even driven it to work, in now almost 2 years….it’s mainly used as a track car first, and then a fun Saturday/Sunday car 2nd, and that’s pretty much it….I put about 3K miles on it a year, and most of those are driving to/from the track that’s 3 hours away. I’m not 100% committed to a race car/cup car - but I keep watching the auctions for them. I just don’t have the time in my life right now to worry about trailering the car, and dealing with everything that goes along with that.
So for now, I just drive to the track, get poked fun at for being the grocery-getting kid-hauler with back seats, but lay down some respectful lap times, which continue to puzzle me, in my opinion- doesn’t make sense to move to an older GT model….and the new 992 GT3RS is $275K….too much to wad up in a wall, wouldn’t have as much fun worrying.
I absolutely love the NA GT3 engine, but if I sold my 992S and moved to a 991 GT3, it would most likely be slower (doesn’t tune like the 3.0TT) and I’d be pretty upset going down in last times with a GT car…I’m really leaning towards tuning and now not a stage 2, but stage 3 power with intercooler and changing the track game for my 992….
View Quote

@BlackTaco

Sounds like your mind is already made up.

Time for bigger turbos and some tuning! Go ahead and figure out what going to carbon buckets will take, while you are at it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 6:02:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#35]

@BlackTaco

Time for bigger turbos and some tuning! Go ahead and figure out what going to carbon buckets will take, while you are at it.
View All Quotes

@The_Rock

@BlackTaco

LOL @ Carbon buckets - I know, I’m still running factory 3 point and sport seats….a guy just about called me stupid for not rocking a cage and 4 points last track day.

The 992 911S shares the same GTS turbos, so capable of close to 700hp…just need to make sure it stays cool, and reliable (intercooler).
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 8:36:44 PM EDT
[#36]

LOL @ Carbon buckets - I know, I’m still running factory 3 point and sport seats….a guy just about called me stupid for not rocking a cage and 4 points last track day.

The 992 911S shares the same GTS turbos, so capable of close to 700hp…just need to make sure it stays cool, and reliable (intercooler).
View Quote

Nah, you need bigger turbos, so you can sell me your S/GTS ones for my T!

I've ridden around track in a GT3RS with buckets and standard seat belts.. I have to say, I would have felt a bunch better in a harness.
Link Posted: Yesterday 3:53:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HRJ] [#37]
So here is my dumb thing. 2019 Turbo S Cab in GT Silver with red guts and carbon fiber pkg.

Don’t pay attention to the wheels, I ordered some HREs for it already.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

These are exactly what I ordered from HRE. Classic 300 FMR 2-piece in gloss black/satin black.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: Yesterday 3:55:40 PM EDT
[#38]
that is a nice Car

Link Posted: Yesterday 4:01:26 PM EDT
[#39]
🔥🔥🔥

The GT3 in the background looks a little jealous.
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:01:58 PM EDT
[#40]
It friggen RIPS too
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:26:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HRJ] [#41]
The carbon pkg is pretty cool

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

DB Carbon makes a carbon wing for it too. Maybe in a little while. I’m shopping exhaust, headers, intercoolers and intakes.
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:30:15 PM EDT
[#42]
So here is my dumb thing. 2019 Turbo S Cab in GT Silver with red guts and carbon fiber pkg.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337680/IMG_6355_jpeg-3320482.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337680/IMG_6353_jpeg-3320484.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337680/IMG_6344_jpeg-3320486.JPG

These are exactly what I ordered from HRE. Classic 300 FMR 2-piece in gloss black/satin black.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337680/IMG_6333_jpeg-3320488.JPG
View Quote

Absolutely beautiful! While I think those wheels look better in person, the HREs are gonna be badass!
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#43]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337680/IMG_6355_jpeg-3320482.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337680/IMG_6353_jpeg-3320484.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337680/IMG_6344_jpeg-3320486.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337680/IMG_6333_jpeg-3320488.JPG
View Quote

That's a great looking car
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:23:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks fellas. I’m super lucky and I know it
Link Posted: Today 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Thanks fellas. I’m super lucky and I know it
View Quote

I'm in the longhorn PCA area.  Fredricksberg TX this weekend, 150 Porsche are registered for the event this year.
Link Posted: Today 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By 6172crew:

I'm in the longhorn PCA area.  Fredricksberg TX this weekend, 150 Porsche are registered for the event this year.
View Quote

I have some friends going to it.  I could not make it. (I am also Longhorn PCA)
Link Posted: Today 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By 6172crew:

View Quote

Sounds like fun. I just had a kidney transplant so I’m on lockdown for a few months. Once I get my immune system back in the game I’ll definitely do some of those. Thanks!
Page / 125
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top