Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/16/2023 9:35:54 AM EDT
Feeling safer already.

Man found with nearly 100 'Glock switches,' firearms sentenced for possession of machine guns

Jacob Ryan McClure, 25, of Waynesville, N.C. was stopped by Haywood County Sheriff's deputies on July 6, 2022, for a "traffic violation".  (quotation marks added)

During the stop, law enforcement found and seized the following from McClure's vehicle:

-97 illegal "Glock switch" conversion devices used to convert firearms into machine guns
-4 P80 pistols, commonly referred to as "ghost guns," that had been converted into machine guns
-Glock firearm with Glock switch installed
-Unregistered short-barreled 9mm rifle (probably just a brace)
-10 unregistered firearm silencers
-$3,000 in cash

Court records also showed prior to the Haywood County incident, McClure was arrested in August 2021 in Tennessee after law enforcement seized from McClure's vehicle and rental cabin several firearms, including converted machine guns, an unregistered silencer, narcotics and more than $10,000 in cash.

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#1]
How was he out and free from the 2021 incident?

Not guilty btw
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:38:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I think Jake is kinda sorta screwed.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:39:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Good arrest on the drug charges.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I have to ask how he is out of prison from the first offense, but Jan 6 protesters are still held?

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have to ask how he is out of prison from the first offense, but Jan 6 protesters are still held?

View Quote

Because he was probably useful to some certain individuals and/or groups
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:43:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Multiples of the same firearm?

Let he among us who is without sin cast the first stone.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Either a Federal Cartel or a Drug Cartel.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#8]
The 2021 incident was enough to put him in prison for life, and this one is life times 10. The funny part is that if he's already a convicted felon, they can't get him on any of this stuff because SCOTUS has already ruled he can just plead the 5th when it comes to registering NFA weapons. He's got a free pass to make as many as he wants.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#9]
That reporter lady chomps box.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:46:20 AM EDT
[#10]
That area of Western NC (Assville) and surrounding is turning into nothing more than another urban shithole; Memphis/Charlotte/Chitcago/Boston/DC etc. Same as any other blue city. Liberals rule and their associated policies are what leads to this.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Does North Carolina have a state law banning “machine guns”?
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:49:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That area of Western NC (Assville) and surrounding is turning into nothing more than another urban shithole; Memphis/Charlotte/Chitcago/Boston/DC etc. Same as any other blue city. Liberals rule and their associated policies are what leads to this.
View Quote

The number of Subarus in Western NC is a good indicator of the direction it has taken.  And not just RainbowRoos, but lots retired commie carpetbaggers.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:52:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

-Unregistered short-barreled 9mm rifle (probably just a brace)

View Quote

Why would he have a brace when he has all the other unregistered NFA items?
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:53:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

he hadnt been convicted of anything when the NC arrest happened.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:54:35 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd say Glock switches are "common use"
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:55:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Does North Carolina have a state law banning “machine guns”?
View Quote

GS  14-409
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:55:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The 2021 incident was enough to put him in prison for life, and this one is life times 10. The funny part is that if he's already a convicted felon, they can't get him on any of this stuff because SCOTUS has already ruled he can just plead the 5th when it comes to registering NFA weapons. He's got a free pass to make as many as he wants.
View Quote

They can get him on felon in possession for them, thats more than enough for several lifetimes.  He'll plea down to a couple years at most anyway.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 10:05:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Multiples of the same firearm?

Let he among us who is without sin cast the first stone.
View Quote

I can quit whenever I want!
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Wall stop
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Those are only allowed in the 'Hood.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which is infuriating given how beautiful the area is.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#23]
The charges from TN were transferred to western NC, and per the article he pleaded guilty to both the TN charges and second arrest in NC. He's been sentenced to a total of 33 months. This article is the summation of the case after his sentence was handed down.

That seems awfully light considering they had him on narcotic and MG charges...which makes me think he probably rolled on some of his buddies.

Not a lawyer, but I did live in Waynesville for a while during our house hunting. It wasn't a ghetto, but we left anyway and settled outside Hendersonville, 20 miles south and a cultural world away from Asheville.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 10:42:23 AM EDT
[#24]
FATF

Not guilty.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 10:46:00 AM EDT
[#25]
None of that should be illegal
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Lol yeah a traffic stop.  A traffic stop after a controlled CI buy maybe.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't see where hid did anything that infringes on my rights.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Surprised you don't see them at flea markets.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Good arrest on the drug charges.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#30]
I guess the old saying has merit. “After the first, the rest are free.”
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:01:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'd say Glock switches are "common use"
View Quote
That would be a fun argument for him to present in court.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:04:44 AM EDT
[#32]
It's really bad to have things that are aren't registered with the government.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:04:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Lots of auntiteefa activity up there, probably a known member of that organization
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Sounds like the beginning of a decent collection.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#35]
More evidence is needed to see which of our several criminal justice systems apply.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:11:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Isn't each glock switch a machine gun according to the ATF?
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They can get him on felon in possession for them, thats more than enough for several lifetimes.  He'll plea down to a couple years at most anyway.
View Quote
Yea not getting life for a switch,

Dude will get three hots and a cot and pick up trash for 1-2 years.

Cant get correction officers and prisons are over crowded,

Once out he will get SSDI/snap for post prison PTSD.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:26:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
How was he out and free from the 2021 incident?

Not guilty btw
View Quote

Likely working for the feds. Only glitch was some local LE happened up on him this second time.

I have a question about this Glock switch thing...what is the source of these?  You hear of them in the news all the time. I assume this doodad is a machined part. Are they sourced from China? If so, you'd think sourcing the origin would be easy for LE.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:28:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most plausible explanation.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

just occured to me, a MG CANT get a felon in trouble , but a regular gun can. an AR15 SBR cant get a felon in trouble, but a  bolt action is bad. Would a poly 80 MG be "safe" or illegal for a felon?

They are from Wish or alibaba, ect. There are also 3d printer files out there to make them. They arent a particularrly fancy peice of equipment, and glock is SUPER simple if you look at its insides.  nowhere near as complicated as a 1911.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:33:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Likely working for the feds. Only glitch was some local LE happened up on him this second time.

I have a question about this Glock switch thing...what is the source of these?  You hear of them in the news all the time. I assume this doodad is a machined part. Are they sourced from China? If so, you'd think sourcing the origin would be easy for LE.  
View Quote

They’re referred to as “Wish switches” because they first turned up on Chinese direct marketing sites like Wish.com.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Maybe if they caught him selling them to gangbangers otherwise not guilty.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:36:06 AM EDT
[#44]
How can people afford to shoot full auto? I'm thinking about taking all my AR's out of safes and putting the Ammo in.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:36:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'd actually like to own a Subaru Crosstrek. Drove the one my brother owns on a long road trip and liked it. I'm a lifelong Southerner, so carpetbagger thing is off the table. You may have me on the sexuality angle, though. I admit to being a lesbian trapped in a man's body. That might explain it.

The number of Subarus in Western NC is a good indicator of the direction it has taken.  And not just RainbowRoos, but lots retired commie carpetbaggers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd actually like to own a Subaru Crosstrek. Drove the one my brother owns on a long road trip and liked it. I'm a lifelong Southerner, so carpetbagger thing is off the table. You may have me on the sexuality angle, though. I admit to being a lesbian trapped in a man's body. That might explain it.

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:37:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Maybe if they caught him selling them to gangbangers otherwise not guilty.
View Quote

This is just another managed crisis to put machine guns into the hands of criminals, like Clinton’s infamous container load of Chinese AK’s that were destined for LA gangs, no doubt.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at the ultimate example: California.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

just occured to me, a MG CANT get a felon in trouble , but a regular gun can. an AR15 SBR cant get a felon in trouble, but a  bolt action is bad. Would a poly 80 MG be "safe" or illegal for a felon?

They are from Wish or alibaba, ect. There are also 3d printer files out there to make them. They arent a particularrly fancy peice of equipment, and glock is SUPER simple if you look at its insides.  nowhere near as complicated as a 1911.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would a machine gun or SBR be safe for a felon ?
There's still firearms and they could still charge him for felon in possession.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Sounds like a patriot to me
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Why would a machine gun or SBR be safe for a felon ?
There's still firearms and they could still charge him for felon in possession.
View Quote
It's interesting to see that at least in NC, they fleshed out the law to include "weapons of mass destruction and death" in their law so NFA weapons are covered. That's what NC calls NFA items. It's kind of funny to think of my shorty double barrel coach gun as a weapon of mass destruction and death.

https://www.ncleg.net/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bysection/chapter_14/gs_14-415.1.html

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top