Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 158
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Groot wasn’t the only Ravens player talking out of their ass after the game.

And…

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:37:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Alembic:

It's gone from being a joke to straight up embarrassing at this point.

I won't bother to argue one call when there's several others that aren't being talked about.

I hope the league wants to fix things, asap.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Refs make bad calls and bad non-calls all the time, however…

Can anyone recall ever seeing a tackle and a guard BOTH committing a hands to face penalty (with one being VERY obvious) against defensive players on the same play, at the same time, next to each other, and NEITHER was flagged for it?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_1387_jpeg-3314656.JPG

It's gone from being a joke to straight up embarrassing at this point.

I won't bother to argue one call when there's several others that aren't being talked about.

I hope the league wants to fix things, asap.

The 87 illegal formation penalties last night didn’t exactly leave me feeling optimistic.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:44:15 AM EDT
[#3]

The 87 illegal formation penalties last night didn't exactly leave me feeling optimistic.
View Quote
For reference:

In 2023 the Ravens averaged 6.0 penalties per game for 56.2 yards.
Last night they had 7 for 64.

In 2023 the Chiefs averaged 5.7 penalties per game for 49.7 yards.
Last night they had 6 for 45.

Last season officials called 11.3 penalties per game for 93.5 yards.
Last night they called 13 for 109.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:44:35 AM EDT
[#4]
LOL

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:53:51 AM EDT
[#6]
For you guys that like to bet, here is a good follow for betting advice

X: Taylor Mathis
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:04:23 PM EDT
[#7]
No sane NFL fan would deny that Groot is an amazing athlete.

However…

Groot also has accuracy issues and the football IQ (and, I suspect, general IQ) of a potato.
View Quote

I tuned into Mad Dog Sports to hear Adam Shein this morning. I usually enjoy listening to him, he's pretty funny. But this morning it was basically journalistic felatio on Lamar Jackson. Jesus Christ, do NFL reports get paid by the complement for Groot
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:08:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
LOL

View Quote

Not a good look.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ClayHollisterTT:

I turned the TV off when they showed the replay because he was clearly out. I didn’t even wait for the official review.

Lamar is a running back playing QB. His MVP was an absolute joke and Chris Collinsworth sucking him off has me sick of the NFL already.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By S-1:

Moron

I turned the TV off when they showed the replay because he was clearly out. I didn’t even wait for the official review.

Lamar is a running back playing QB. His MVP was an absolute joke and Chris Collinsworth sucking him off has me sick of the NFL already.

Yep. The whole Taylor Swift thing makes me want to throw my remote through the TV too. So fucking annoying.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Have we discussed all of the Harbor Freight commercials on the NFL Network shows?

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:29:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By David_ESM:
View Quote

Amazing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By GenYRevolverGuy:

Amazing.
View Quote
"Limited"

Make himself available only in the redzone for a TD target?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:42:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#14]
AP News is reporting that the NFL and the Eagles have agreed to wear their black helmets, white jerseys and black pants in today's Brazil game.

Black is the color of the local hosting soccer club (Corinthians).
Green is the color of their rivals (Palmeiras).

Reportedly the Corinthians club president told the NFL that green is only allowed to be worn by visiting/away teams.

The Corinthians hate green so much that there are signs banning the color around the stadium and they once tried to get their field painted black.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Seems pretty good for a 300lb center sponsored by a BBQ restaurant.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:51:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Video in the Tweet.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:10:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Another reason why you should wear white cleats, not black ones. Dude was 1 shoe size on the line.

And as much as everyone is talking about that final play this morning... It's the play before that actually tells me something.

Can even add in the 30 seconds of clock they let run off between plays a couple plays before that.
View Quote

Considering how well they moved the ball previous to letting that clock run, I think they were choosing to attack that personnel package & possibly their fatigue.

It almost worked too…
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Video in the Tweet.
View Quote

Then wait a year.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:41:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By MilHouse-556:

Not a good look.
View Quote

Not a good look, but I certainly understand.  When you just had a heartbreaking loss after you had 9 catches for 111 yards and a TD and some douchebag yells at you that you suck, I get his response.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

That seems fair.

The value is similar to what Cole Kmet got last year.

Both of these guys are reasonably productive receivers.

The catch is whether or not Arthur Smith uses him relative to that value. Insert Kyle Pitts joke here.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:09:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Jamal Adams ruled out vs the Bears (hip).

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:20:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

View Quote

Got. Damn
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:27:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Got. Damn
View Quote
The Chiefs Vs. Ravens analysis was spot on.
Color me fulfilled and impressed.

Got Damn
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:30:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By JamiesGotAGun:

Got Damn
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JamiesGotAGun:

Got. Damn

Got Damn

lol. That will work.

I expect to see her on a trampoline giving analysis later in the season.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By dirtytim:

Not a good look, but I certainly understand.  When you just had a heartbreaking loss after you had 9 catches for 111 yards and a TD and some douchebag yells at you that you suck, I get his response.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dirtytim:
Originally Posted By MilHouse-556:

Not a good look.

They get paid all that money to perform on the field but also keep their mouths shut and deal with the fans who ultimately pay their salaries IMO.

It's a bad look also to let a fan get under your skin, it shows immaturity.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By AJE:

So you're saying Worthy is a system WR?
View All Quotes

The potential is certainly exciting.

Yes, they had another 3-4 drops on high leverage plays, and that's not cool, but hopefully that problem doesn't persist.

Worthy is electric, but those two TDs were a bit on the cheap side. His speed was important for that rushing TD, but he had a pretty sweet downfield blocking convoy plowing ahead of him, and his receiving TD was a blown coverage that Mahomes identified immediately. Production isn't going to come that easy for him all year, and most of Andy Reid's rookie WRs don't really develop into a true WR role until year two. The important thing is, he's a legitimate threat, and defenses have to respect that or get burned. That's going to open the field in a way the Chiefs offense couldn't last year. Hell, it already is happening. Rice, Watson, and Kelce all got receptions on plays that were opened in part because of Worthy's presence.

Speaking of presence and gravity, Kelce looked pretty good last night, and the Ravens defense gave him so much attention that Rashee Rice kept getting matched up with LBs, so the Chiefs got a good amount of yardage spamming the slant.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GWw_DlZW0AEe8KN?format=jpg&name=small

Rice himself picked up where he left off last season, and he looks really good. I'd like to see more variety in his routes, but if the Michael Thomas option makes him this productive, I'll take it.

I think we're going to see a lot of this "pick your poison" scenario in the middle of the field.

There's also the small detail that Hollywood Brown isn't on the active roster yet.

The thing I'm most excited about on offense? That might be Kingsley. I can't back it up with stats, but it really looked like he got a lot less TE/RB help than the Chiefs gave guys like Orlando Brown and Donovan Smith, and Andy left him out there like that as a rookie making his first career start against a team with a really good DL. Yes, he lost some reps, but he wasn't really a problem, and that's awesome. It's going to be nice if they have a LT that doesn't need lots of help.

As a rookie in Andy Reid's offense? Almost certainly.

I would expect him to see more manufactured touches (like the end around) and run some simple downfield routes.

I wouldn't expect him to run interesting routes or do any QB chemistry type stuff until he's been in the league for some amount of time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:36:55 PM EDT
[#30]

Got. Damn
View All Quotes

Got. Damn

Heres her IG. More photos. much scroll

IG: Taylor Mathis
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:45:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Headed down to Vegas next week. Want to watch the Bills Dolphins on Thursday. Any recommendations on the best sports books to hang out in?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Shit. I have Tee in FF and was expecting to get a shit ton of points since Chase is pulling his shenanigans
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:03:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hadrian] [#34]

View Quote
The Bengals have had notoriously slow starts in the Burrow era.  0-2 is a very real possibility at this point, followed by the inevitable pressers by Burrow and Zac Taylor telling fans not to freak out.    Cinci fans have seen this movie before.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:07:49 PM EDT
[#35]

I would expect him to see more manufactured touches (like the end around) and run some simple downfield routes.

I wouldn't expect him to run interesting routes or do any QB chemistry type stuff until he's been in the league for some amount of time.
View All Quotes

Yes, they had another 3-4 drops on high leverage plays, and that's not cool, but hopefully that problem doesn't persist.

Worthy is electric, but those two TDs were a bit on the cheap side. His speed was important for that rushing TD, but he had a pretty sweet downfield blocking convoy plowing ahead of him, and his receiving TD was a blown coverage that Mahomes identified immediately. Production isn't going to come that easy for him all year, and most of Andy Reid's rookie WRs don't really develop into a true WR role until year two. The important thing is, he's a legitimate threat, and defenses have to respect that or get burned. That's going to open the field in a way the Chiefs offense couldn't last year. Hell, it already is happening. Rice, Watson, and Kelce all got receptions on plays that were opened in part because of Worthy's presence.

Speaking of presence and gravity, Kelce looked pretty good last night, and the Ravens defense gave him so much attention that Rashee Rice kept getting matched up with LBs, so the Chiefs got a good amount of yardage spamming the slant.

Rice himself picked up where he left off last season, and he looks really good. I'd like to see more variety in his routes, but if the Michael Thomas option makes him this productive, I'll take it.

I think we're going to see a lot of this "pick your poison" scenario in the middle of the field.

There's also the small detail that Hollywood Brown isn't on the active roster yet.

The thing I'm most excited about on offense? That might be Kingsley. I can't back it up with stats, but it really looked like he got a lot less TE/RB help than the Chiefs gave guys like Orlando Brown and Donovan Smith, and Andy left him out there like that as a rookie making his first career start against a team with a really good DL. Yes, he lost some reps, but he wasn't really a problem, and that's awesome. It's going to be nice if they have a LT that doesn't need lots of help.

He ran a LOT of “interesting” routes at Texas. Despite being the fastest dude on the field they didn’t just say “X RUN A FLY ROUTE” on every play. Sark has his issues but his route trees design and route combinations ain’t them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Refs make bad calls and bad non-calls all the time, however…

Can anyone recall ever seeing a tackle and a guard BOTH committing a hands to face penalty (with one being VERY obvious) against defensive players on the same play, at the same time, next to each other, and NEITHER was flagged for it?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_1387_jpeg-3314656.JPG
View Quote

[Micah Parsons raises his hand]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

I think that is why Buffalo didn’t take him. They needed a workhorse and hopefully found one.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#39]

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUCyeUGWupZ0Ip1DIsWOxvLM_c252UU8foNg&s

Heres her IG. More photos. much scroll

IG: Taylor Mathis
View Quote

Oh, i found her as soon as you posted her Twitter.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:44:34 PM EDT
[#40]
A Chiefs & Ravens Fan Reaction to NFL Week 1
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#41]
"Limited"

Make himself available only in the redzone for a TD target?
View Quote

Better than getting injured.

Thing with Chase is, he is a noted hard worker, he's probably in, or very close, to football shape.

His entitlement and supposed control of his playing status, is kind of amusing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

Then wait a year.
View Quote

This.

And see how that works out, when the Bengals franchise tag him the following year. To be fair, the tag might be $30 million by that time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:54:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hadrian] [#44]

Better than getting injured.

Thing with Chase is, he is a noted hard worker, he's probably in, or very close, to football shape.

His entitlement and supposed control of his playing status, is kind of amusing.
View Quote

When a guy starts believing his own hype, he gets labelled a prima donna.  That's now Chase.  I hope he hears it from the fans.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Tee shouldn't be wondering why he didn't get a long term extension.
View Quote

Boom. Headshot.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:04:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

He ran a LOT of “interesting” routes at Texas. Despite being the fastest dude on the field they didn’t just say “X RUN A FLY ROUTE” on every play. Sark has his issues but his route trees design and route combinations ain’t them.
View Quote

I think that is why Buffalo didn’t take him. They needed a workhorse and hopefully found one.
View Quote

I don't mean to imply the player himself is limited or that he's just a one trick speed guy. I'm just talking about the way Andy Reid runs his offense.

Andy has been coaching since 1999, and I think Worthy is the 23rd WR he's drafted.

Of those 23 or so WRs, he's NEVER had a 1,000 yard rookie, and I think he's only had 6 break 500 yards in their first year.

His best rookie WRs were:

Rashee Rice - 938
DeSean Jackson - 912
Jeremy Maclin - 773
Tyreek Hill - 593
Reggie Brown - 571
Mecole Hardman - 538

Andy tends to ease WRs in. None of these guys were listed as starters every game their rookie season. Tyreek only started 1 game. Hardman started 5. And last season, when the Chiefs were desperate for WR production, Rice only started 8 games.

Worthy was listed as a starter last night. He was on the field for 63% of the snaps (34/54).

But on those 34 snaps, he was only targeted 3 times for 2 receptions, 47 yards, and a TD. That rate for a whole season would be 51 targets 34 receptions for 799 yards. This would put him at 3rd on the list above.

On one hand, he could and probably should be more involved as the season goes on. But on the other hand, Hollywood Brown plays a similar role, he's the presumed WR1, and they didn't decide to pay him $7M to ride the bench while a rookie takes his spot.

In 2025, when Worthy is a 2nd year receiver, and Brown is probably gone, Worthy will likely and hopefully be torching the NFL and racking up stats. But in the 2024 season? It's not out of the question, but it shouldn't be the expectation.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Hadrian:

When a guy starts believing his own hype, he gets labelled a prima donna.  That's now Chase.  I hope he hears it from the fans.
View Quote

No doubt Burrow is backing him to the FO, but this deal should be done next offseason. I have a bad feeling about this if he gets his bag now.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:13:24 PM EDT
[#48]

Shit. I have Tee in FF and was expecting to get a shit ton of points since Chase is pulling his shenanigans
View Quote

Oof. That's a tenuous pick, Tee only needs to play in around 6 games to not get tagged next year.

But I hope you do well with him.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#49]
AP News is reporting that the NFL and the Eagles have agreed to wear their black helmets, white jerseys and black pants in today's Brazil game.

Reportedly the Corinthians club president told the NFL that green is only allowed to be worn by visiting/away teams.

The Corinthians hate green so much that there are signs banning the color around the stadium and they once tried to get their field painted black.
View Quote

To the Eagles and their fans, it all prolly makes perfect sense. The violence, the unreasonable behavior...

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:21:57 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

So I guess there as no way for anyone at the NFL to do 10 minutes of research before they scheduled TWO teams with green uniforms to play there.
Page / 158
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top