Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Prime:

View Quote

Copium.

It all sounds nice, but the bottom line is that Russia continues to have enough man & machines to continue advancing on every front, losing ground nowhere (except giving up prior advances). We're still exactly where we were almost two years ago: a war of attrition favors the Russians.

Reminder: Russian leadership does not care about losses. Russian media have most of the population truly believing that this is a moral and just war for their very survival. Because of that, we are still a long way from a point where the civilian population would consider turning against the war en masse.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:54:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:57:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Copium.

It all sounds nice, but the bottom line is that Russia continues to have enough man & machines to continue advancing on every front, losing ground nowhere (except giving up prior advances). We're still exactly where we were almost two years ago: a war of attrition favors the Russians.

Reminder: Russian leadership does not care about losses. Russian media have most of the population truly believing that this is a moral and just war for their very survival. Because of that, we are still a long way from a point where the civilian population would consider turning against the war en masse.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Copium.

You can keep throwing in untrained masses into the grinder, but eventually you will run out of effective vehicles that can get you to the front or help supply the fight.  

2026 will be a very interesting year.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:01:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Schmigs:

Is this real? It seems pretty far off where Trump has been before.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
This morning, Russian "Z-blogs" are filled with worry about so-called "Trump Peace Plan", published in the Wall Street Journal by David J Urban and Mike Pompeo (former Trump advisor and former US Secretary of State, respectively).

The "Peace Plan" consists of several points, including a $500 billion lend-lease for Ukraine, removing limitations on the use of weapons and tighter sanctions for Russia.

Russian "Z-bloggers" were clearly unhappy with this scenario.

Read the article here:
https://wsj.com/articles/a-trump-peace-plan-for-ukraine-russia-foreign-policy-926348cf

I like it.

It apparently was written by two former Trump advisors, so if they become part of his team again this might be the kind of thinking that affects future strategy.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Copium.

View All Quotes

Copium.

Maybe for ISW.
Showing how man and machines metrics change over time doesn't have to be copium by itself.
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1816000730131566745.html

Russia's Looming Serious Tank Shortage - Tank Count Using Latest Bought Satellite Imagery

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#9]

lol, like that time a few months ago Israel nullified their mass ballistic missile and drone raid and then hit their S-300PMU radar next to their nuclear reactor with an air launched ballistic missile?   Good times.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:05:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#10]
‼️Update:  According to Elvira Nabiullina the following 🇷🇺 Key Rate options were considered

👉 stay at 16%
👉 18%
👉 19%
👉 20%

Ultimately they chose 18%

https://interfax.ru/business/972660

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:06:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:
I didn't read that all but I had to respond to the first part: whenever I see the name Strelkov, I think of a Ukrainian PC game, not some Russian dissident ultra-nationalist.  
View Quote

When I think of 'dissident' I think of an opponent of the regime. Girkin is an opponent only in that he thinks the regime doesn't go far enough. He does not oppose the goals of the regime, only the means.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#12]
This morning, Russian "Z-blogs" are filled with worry about so-called "Trump Peace Plan", published in the Wall Street Journal by David J Urban and Mike Pompeo (former Trump advisor and former US Secretary of State, respectively).

The "Peace Plan" consists of several points, including a $500 billion lend-lease for Ukraine, removing limitations on the use of weapons and tighter sanctions for Russia.

Read the article here:
https://wsj.com/articles/a-trump-peace-plan-for-ukraine-russia-foreign-policy-926348cf

View Quote

Archive link.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:19:35 PM EDT
[#13]
You can keep throwing in untrained masses into the grinder, but eventually you will run out of effective vehicles that can get you to the front or help supply the fight.  

View Quote

The other thing that remains the same since almost two years ago is that we do not know who will break first: Ukraine or Russia. With Russia's industry and population, they can continue to throw in missiles, machines, and troops as they produce them for the foreseeable future. Ukraine's domestic production of all is not sufficient to meet Russia's output. Without western aid, they would have fallen already. By appearances, western aid will continue, but there is still no sign that the aid will be sufficient for Ukraine to win. All to say, the current conditions - incremental Russian advances at large costs - will continue for the foreseeable future.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Maybe for ISW.
Showing how man and machines metrics change over time doesn't have to be copium by itself.
View Quote

ISW is a source that favors military support for Ukraine. Their work output serves that aim, making a case for the need and sowing hope for gains. I don't consider them propaganda, and I certainly don't consider them inaccurate. But the organization does have an agenda. Again, I've never seen inaccuracy in their work, I don't disparage any of their content, actually I rely on their map products (which are discouraging).
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:30:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fervid_dryfire] [#15]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Another post by Shouvalov which I 95% agree with.
I’ve said many time that in this war, Russia reminds me not of Nazi Germany but of Imperial Japan.
Ukraine is China/Manchuria.  Ukraine/China can’t win outright but Russia/Japan can’t either.  The size of the territory, the forces and resources available, and the technical balance of power all weigh against a Russian victory.
Russia has a large dose of the same fatalistic culture which prevented rational reevaluation by Japan.  There was a sense of inevitability, fatalism, of unreasoned jingoism.  You can hear it all over people like Shouvalov, Girkin, even Solovyov.  That isn’t just a PR act.
Russians know this perfectly well and know they can’t do anything against the west to get them to back off.  Why would we?  We’re destroying Russia with complete impunity for pennies.  Russia just keeps grinding toward the inevitable.
Japan struck first against the US and I believe Russia will as well.  In 1941 the US was alert to the idea of impending war with Japan, we just had a massive faiure of imagination.  Currently I believe we are well aware of the likelihood of war with Russia.  Will we be caught flatfooted again because we failed to weigh all possibilities, and instead just weighed the “reasonable” ones that fit our preconceptions?
It won’t neccessarily matter in the big picture.  Russia will still be erased, but the cost to everyone else will be a lot higher.
View All Quotes
Shouvalov

Do I consider the coming war with a global enemy (NATO or other forms of the Western coalition) the right decision? Every officer has an opinion that he is allowed to keep to himself. The question here is different: such a big war is inevitable.

That is why the agreement in the form of a “truce” will be constantly disrupted: the more the global enemy can prepare, the more profitable it will be for him. Likewise, the longer we punch a concrete wall with our foreheads, unwinding our own military resources on the Ukrainian bridgehead, the more profitable it will be for the future global enemy.

Military force is used where it was not possible to achieve the desired goals by all other means. It is no longer possible to come to an agreement with Ukraine by definition, but there is no option to add military force given the current introduction. Understand it as you wish, something else is important here: the cessation of hostilities in Ukraine and the continuation of hostilities there are equally disastrous options for us. In the current conditions and with the current introductions.

Meanwhile, the global enemy is doing its job: on the night of July 18, the Russian Black Sea Fleet conducted exercises to protect military infrastructure in the waters of Lake Donuzlav. At the same time, the enemy struck there - appreciate the cynicism of the situation. We won’t talk about our losses, but it makes no sense to deny that they were there.

For the average person, this microscopic episode of the war is uninformative, but believe me: it is in such episodes (let’s add here attacks on nuclear threat response facilities) that the enemy’s plan lies.

The correct political attitude on 02.24.22 would have been enough for the military to complete its task. With the resources that we had then and against the resources that Ukraine had, the task was feasible. It didn’t work out with the political conditions, and now we have come to today’s point.

Judging by everything that is happening, the West is well aware of the inevitability of an imminent military clash with us. And they are getting ready. They prepare at an accelerated pace, with mistakes, but in greenhouse conditions. What are we doing at this time? I don't know anymore. We have turned on the mode of military annihilation with Ukraine. Any tactical success on our part will lead to an immediate increase in assistance to Ukraine, any tactical success on their part will lead to an immediate weakening of this assistance.

Because the West doesn’t need a strong Ukraine exactly as much as it doesn’t need a strong Russia - we are one and the same for them, so maintaining the current impasse is justified for them.
Our army, in the current realities, has done more than was possible. And he will do a lot more. The coming big war with the West, with any negative input for us, does not bode well for them. Even taking into account the fact that our situation is even worse (and will only get worse).

I am now looking at the situation in one of the Caucasus regions. We already won there once, now we can’t choke on the fruits of such a victory. Now very soon they will try to feed us another “victory”. Well, then a big war will follow. But it seems to me that I will no longer be able to see its outcome. Serve, you fool, you'll get a badge. By the way, I have a lot of badges.

https://t.me/shouvalov/210

Another post by Shouvalov which I 95% agree with.
I’ve said many time that in this war, Russia reminds me not of Nazi Germany but of Imperial Japan.
Ukraine is China/Manchuria.  Ukraine/China can’t win outright but Russia/Japan can’t either.  The size of the territory, the forces and resources available, and the technical balance of power all weigh against a Russian victory.
Russia has a large dose of the same fatalistic culture which prevented rational reevaluation by Japan.  There was a sense of inevitability, fatalism, of unreasoned jingoism.  You can hear it all over people like Shouvalov, Girkin, even Solovyov.  That isn’t just a PR act.
Russians know this perfectly well and know they can’t do anything against the west to get them to back off.  Why would we?  We’re destroying Russia with complete impunity for pennies.  Russia just keeps grinding toward the inevitable.
Japan struck first against the US and I believe Russia will as well.  In 1941 the US was alert to the idea of impending war with Japan, we just had a massive faiure of imagination.  Currently I believe we are well aware of the likelihood of war with Russia.  Will we be caught flatfooted again because we failed to weigh all possibilities, and instead just weighed the “reasonable” ones that fit our preconceptions?
It won’t neccessarily matter in the big picture.  Russia will still be erased, but the cost to everyone else will be a lot higher.

I agree with your comparison, though I think many Nazi Germany characteristics are in play as a sort of amalgamation of Imperial Japan and Germany's domestic and international outlook and behavior.  Though unlike Nazi Germany, Russia is taking huge initial economic losses that can't be compensated for with the territory it has seized so far.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:33:08 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Copium.

See the front line map again.

Ukraine is ok with this Russian “advance”. More and more Moscow and St. Petersburg young men are dying. They are exponentially running through the Asians and Muslims that are OK going to the meat grinder.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:37:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#17]

Maybe for ISW.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTMsCSDWYAAkNP_?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTO7TatXcAAaSp5?format=png&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTO9aeAW4AAy9Az?format=png&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTO96MEW0AAR7G8?format=png&name=large
View Quote
Russia was believed to have 12k Tanks

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:41:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#18]

lol, like that time a few months ago Israel nullified their mass ballistic missile and drone raid and then hit their S-300PMU radar next to their nuclear reactor with an air launched ballistic missile?   Good times.
View Quote

I always take those Iranian news headlines as they’re admitting they know they’re about to get hit

But they got cocky with Iraq and Afghanistan withdrawals and believe they can survive air or missile strikes and outlast any ground invasion.

Lot easier than confronting their own youth who continue being unsatisfied with their leadership and mediocre economy which now appears to be about exporting weapons and oil
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:42:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#19]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:

Russia could lose 1k tanks of year and have 12 yrs worth of tanks, then build even more.

Russia isn't gonna ever run out of tanks.
View All Quotes

Maybe for ISW.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTMsCSDWYAAkNP_?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTO7TatXcAAaSp5?format=png&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTO9aeAW4AAy9Az?format=png&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTO96MEW0AAR7G8?format=png&name=large

Russia could lose 1k tanks of year and have 12 yrs worth of tanks, then build even more.

Russia isn't gonna ever run out of tanks.

A) Russia never had 12,000 functional tanks.

B) Russia has lost a high estimate of nearly 8,000 tanks so far.

C) You’ve chosen to believe they had 12,000 functional tanks and you choose to believe they can replace their loses of old t72/t62 with new production tanks. Neither is true. Not even remotely true. Not even Russian mil-bloggers believed it true.

D) You’ve chosen NOT to believe ANY estimates close to those of destroyed Russian tanks.

(I see you edited your post)
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Looks like a pretty decently kitted Russian squad got wiped out.
Can’t wait for the show to start in Chechnya.
View All Quotes

Looks like a pretty decently kitted Russian squad got wiped out.
Can’t wait for the show to start in Chechnya.

I wonder if they've finally had enough and wanted payback for what Putin did to Chechnya.

Poetic justice, if it ultimately leads to Putin's overthrow.    

Anyone think Kadyrov is up for it?
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

C) You've chosen to believe they had 12,000 functional tanks and you choose to believe they can replace their loses of old t72/t62 with new production tanks. Neither is true. Not even remotely true. Not even Russian mil-bloggers believed it true.

D) You've chosen NOT to believe ANY estimates close to those of destroyed Russian tanks.

View Quote
Yea I watched the video and my info was old or just BS.

Seems they are really running out of tanks.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:54:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#22]

View Quote

Russia has been refurbishing all the broken hulls that were in that original “12,000 tanks” estimate as many of them weren’t running or combat worthy.

That’s where they are getting the VAST MAJORITY of “new” tanks.

Legitimate NEW tank production in Russia is a trickle.

Eventually the refurbs will drop drastically and a wall will get hit.

They also can’t send 100% of their armor to Ukraine. Putin and the big guys will
keep competent units around major population hubs for internal
security.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

C) You've chosen to believe they had 12,000 functional tanks and you choose to believe they can replace their loses of old t72/t62 with new production tanks. Neither is true. Not even remotely true. Not even Russian mil-bloggers believed it true.

D) You've chosen NOT to believe ANY estimates close to those of destroyed Russian tanks.

The number of reported daily losses is down a lot from a few months ago (often single digits).  IMO a likely reason for this is that they know they're getting low, and are limiting usage of the tanks to reduce losses.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:58:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Russia has been refurbishing all the broken hulls that were in that original “12,000 tanks” estimate as many of them weren’t running or combat worthy.

They also can’t send 100% of their armor to Ukraine. Putin and the big guys will
security.
View All Quotes

security.

... and then we're gonna see some vehicles that'll put Mad Max to shame.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:58:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By absael:
The number of reported daily losses is down a lot from a few months ago (often single digits).  IMO a likely reason for this is that they know they're getting low, and are limiting usage of the tanks to reduce losses.
View All Quotes

This has been stated by the Russians themselves on the ground. Thats why you see T80/T72 numbers dropping g and T62 kills going up. Trains with some T55s have been seen heading to Ukraine.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By birdbarian:

View All Quotes

Russia has been refurbishing all the broken hulls that were in that original "12,000 tanks" estimate as many of them weren't running or combat worthy.

That's where they are getting the VAST MAJORITY of "new" tanks.

They also can't send 100% of their armor to Ukraine. Putin and the big guys will
security.

Soon they'll be shipping the hulls to the front and telling the troops to assemble the tanks from all the parts laying out in the fields.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

You will also notice the T-90 losses stay consistent in number as they are expended just as quickly as they are built.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By BobRoberts:

You will also notice the T-90 losses stay consistent in number as they are expended just as quickly as they are built.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BobRoberts:

Bingo.

Russia isn’t going to collapse tomorrow…..but they can’t sustain another 2.5yrs of the same losses.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:27:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#29]

Ukraine is ok with this Russian “advance”. More and more Moscow and St. Petersburg young men are dying. They are exponentially running through the Asians and Muslims that are OK going to the meat grinder.

View All Quotes

Copium.

I agree, and what is important to me is seeing Russian forces showing evidence of running out of more effective vehicles and machines to get those guys to the front.

Going to be interesting when their spg supply gets real low.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#30]
To be fair to all sides of the discussion...

One of the reasons for the enemy's constant advance is the total superiority in manpower

📷 In this photo you can see an infantry column moving from Ocheretino to the west across the railway. Katsaps in whole platoons of 40-60 men move to the front line and occupy it. The insufficient number of barrels and ammunition also plays a role.

😐 I would really like to bring Western partners there so that they see the seriousness of the need to provide more resources to inflict damage on the enemy, as well as Ukrainians who ridiculed on Facebook the proposal to assemble FPV drones in the kitchen, because these drones are also becoming a huge help to our fighters in the destruction of bastards, which you can see in the picture and they will not disappear by themselves. Everyone should join this war in any way, and not write angry posts on Facebook, because it is the fighters of the Defense Forces who are holding back this influx, so that everyone can at least collect drones in the kitchen.

👥 We don't know with what forces and which "Progress" one of the spokesmen wanted to repel yesterday ( https://novynarnia.com/2024/07/24/oficzijno-vid-osuv-hortyczya/ ), but as of 24.07 enemy forces were concentrated in the village of Progress of the Grodi community, with the number of at least 3 companies.

⤴️ Accordingly, there can be no reflection of the village and the language. What's more, the katsap approached Ivanovka and Vesely. Behind them is Grodivka, the oldest (founded at the end of the 17th century) Cossack settlement of the Pokrovsky district.

📈 According to the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces Oleksandr Syrskyi, the enemy will increase the number of contingents on the TOT to 690,000 people. This means that katsaps not only manage to replace losses, but also continue to increase the total number of soldiers.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:38:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#31]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

Soon they'll be shipping the hulls to the front and telling the troops to assemble the tanks from all the parts laying out in the fields.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:50:52 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Read the article here:

I like it.

It's real. Read it today in the WSJ.

Fact remains that Pompeo isn't part of Trumps inner circle right now, and his position conflicts with what Trump has said in the past and what JD Vance is currently saying.

It would certainly clarify things if Trump would declare a position other than "I would end this conflict in a day" without fleshing out his plan.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#34]
On the night of July 25, the soldiers of the 31st OMBr managed to break out of the encirclement

⚔️ Yesterday was an extremely dynamic and intense day north of Progress. Around 14:00, as predicted, a number of observation posts of the 1st and 3rd battalions were completely surrounded. The brigade commander never gave the order to break through, so the personnel who were in that area confronted him with the fact that the boys would break through with a fight.

🤝 With the help of concerted artillery, air reconnaissance and allied forces, and under the direction of the officers on the ground, the boys of the 1st and 3rd Battalions were able to break out of the encirclement in full force.

😰 It was a very nervous and difficult operation. A delay of at least a couple of hours could lead to a second ring of encirclement. There is no need to explain how many informational reasons Katsap's propaganda would have received.

🫡 The most important thing is that the fighters are alive and continue to restrain the enemy. 31 and 47 OMBr remain the main pillars of defense in that area. Of course, not without the help of seconded units, of which there are quite a few.

📋 This incident should serve as a reminder to many commanders not to neglect personnel and trust the NCOs and officers who are on the direct line of action.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:53:18 PM EDT
[#35]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTbkubBXgAAXJps?format=png&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTbmnvKXwAAhFtS?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

lol, there is a pattern here.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:53:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Dear President Iohannis:

Russian provocations against Romania and Moldavia have gone far enough, and the war in Ukraine is perilous. It is time to coordinate closely with the Moldavian government to expel all Russian citizens, Russian agents, and confirmed traitors from Moldavia, including Transnistria. This must be done to promote and protect peace and freedom for Romanian & Moldavian people.

Sincerely,
The Free World
View Quote

Romania gets 32% of their oil from Russia still. They are not serious about this war.  Romania is one of the few EU countries that has enough oil reserves where they could become a net oil exporter if they choose.  But they continue to refuse to drill for that oil and would rather send Russia billions of dollars. A few drones hitting their country is something they are more than willing to tolerate.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:58:37 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Well over half the world is helping Russia economically.  As long as Russia can export oil and gas they will never run out of vehicles.  China and India have no problems helping them with manufacturing.  Africa and South America have no problems selling them raw materials.  Europe has no problems with giving Russia billions of dollars daily.  Russia has 100% switched to a war footing. By 2026 they will be producing enough vehicles to get their people to the meat grinder.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 3:22:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#38]
Originally Posted By GoldenMead:

Well over half the world is helping Russia economically.  As long as Russia can export oil and gas they will never run out of vehicles.  China and India have no problems helping them with manufacturing.  Africa and South America have no problems selling them raw materials.  Europe has no problems with giving Russia billions of dollars daily.  Russia has 100% switched to a war footing. By 2026 they will be producing enough vehicles to get their people to the meat grinder.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GoldenMead:

Well, I don't think so.  Russia on a full war economy cant seem to take care of parts of their nuclear triad because of corruption and quality control issues.  So far they aren't really putting the kind of massed armor that they could in 2022 either.  All that raw gas and other materials just don't necessarily translate into effective war machines.  Then you have to get them to the front by a rail system that seems to be fraying at the edges recently as well.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 3:24:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#39]
5 hrs ago.

operations limited to merely a third of the frontline, the future is not looking too bright for them.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes
Russia has been refurbishing all the broken hulls that were in that original "12,000 tanks" estimate as many of them weren't running or combat worthy.

That's where they are getting the VAST MAJORITY of "new" tanks.

They also can't send 100% of their armor to Ukraine. Putin and the big guys will
security.

I think that's a big part of why we see so many 'turtle' tanks. They don't have functional guns to be tanks, so they use them as armor to escort/ferry troops to the line of contact for meat assaults. They've lost so many tanks, they're using the hulls/engines that no longer have usable guns.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 3:34:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#42]
🔥RUSSIAN LOSSES🔥

SIXTEEN killed 🇷🇺Russian invaders after unsuccessful assault on positions of the 🇺🇦K-2 Battalion (54th Mech Brigade)

Absolutely distorted, abandoned and not needed by anyone. At least their families will get Lada car or bag of potatoes…

📍Donetsk region

https://twitter.com/GloOouD/status/1816855903355728205

???????? ??????????? ???? ??????? ? ???? ??????. ???????? ?????? ???? ??????. ???????.

@mayvit_   3 hours ago

How much garbage is now lying around in Ukrainian fields
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#43]

I think that's a big part of why we see so many 'turtle' tanks. They don't have functional guns to be tanks, so they use them as armor to escort/ferry troops to the line of contact for meat assaults. They've lost so many tanks, they're using the hulls/engines that no longer have usable guns.
View Quote

They modify fully functional T-80BVs into turtles. I don't think they have a bigger plan, they just use what is available.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote
I was reading they were giving troops $21k bonuses and they made $58k a year.

Fuck that, then again that may be a lot of money in Russia.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 3:37:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#45]
Well it has been another successful week and it is finally behind us. Unfortunately there was lots of cool action to watch and participate in, but no videos allowed. Let's just say there's some poor old armor getting wrecked by RPGs, 40mm grenades, and AT4s daily.

Mock battles have been happening. People are getting attacked by drones. Teams are storming positions. Modifications are being made to vehicles for different teams. Vehicles have been getting repaired daily.

I spent today working on an experiment for a medical quad. Basically they asked for a front mounting location, on a quad, for a hard stretcher. They will test it out soon with some weight to see if it holds up, but we had some big guys on here and it feels pretty solid. This is where some of those funds go to when we get donations. Thanks guys!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#46]

Well, I don't think so.  Russia on a full war economy cant seem to take care of parts of their nuclear triad because of corruption and quality control issues.  So far they aren't really putting the kind of massed armor that they could in 2022 either.  All that raw gas and other materials just don't necessarily translate into effective war machines.  Then you have to get them to the front by a rail system that seems to be fraying at the edges recently as well.
View Quote

They don't have to be great. They just need to be good enough to keep throwing bodies at Ukraine. Unless the Western support and ROE change, I don't think Russia will break first.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

With the current casualty rate, they don't have to pay much.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By voyager3:

They don't have to be great. They just need to be good enough to keep throwing bodies at Ukraine. Unless the Western support and ROE change, I don't think Russia will break first.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By voyager3:

Well, Chinese golf carts and motorcycles don't seem to be working out with the same gains as turtle tanks and IFV's had, and those didn't work out as well as fully functioning modern tanks and IFV's

It just seems to be a pattern of consistently more casualties for less and less in gains.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 4:05:04 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 423
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top